Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any1 have any suggestions for my first breeding project? It'll be used competitively
Pick one of your favorites! Grab a Pokemon that you have genuine nostalgia for (even if it's bad) and try to make a competitive version of it. Do a little bit of research on this site and check around on sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii to try and optimize a set that would work for you.
I'd like to give you a tip too. Don't try to IV breed with your first project. Start out slow and only care about the nature. You'll only end up kicking yourself if you try to get it perfect on your first try.

Last edited:
Breeding question: How many eggs would I have to go thru for a shiny on my x game? I don't have the shiny charm yet but does anyone know a general number?
If you are using the Masuda Method it's a 1/1638 chance if not then it's a 1/8192 chance for a shiny pokemon to hatch.

Edit: Dang it double Greninja'd

and what would the set/spread be ?
This is how I pick projects:
-Search all your friend safaris for something you like with a good hidden ability, make sure you catch in in a matching ball, they have good trade value.
-Pick something you like.
-and my favourite, wondertrade all the spitbacks from previous projects, and get someone else's spitbacks in return, sometimes you get cool stuff, like pokes in Dream balls, and already with egg moves.

Notes:
-If your interested in trading, anything generic is probably not the best.
-Special mention to vivillon, as it's very easy to breed, and still trades very well if it is caught in a ball matching your pattern.

Edit:

Shiny chance is 1/4096 now, not 1/8192.
Gamefreak really is making this whole shiny thing easier, I'm assuming to please the masses who want instant gratification, and not long term satisfaction =p.

Thank you to all who have answered so far

Though I was thinking more along the lines of a more down to earth number. Translation: In a way that makes sense to someone who doesn't know high mathematics.

Like if the number would be like 100, 45, ETC.

Thank you to all who have answered so far

Though I was thinking more along the lines of a more down to earth number. Translation: In a way that makes sense to someone who doesn't know high mathematics.
If you aren't using Masuda Method than after hatching 2839 eggs, there would be 50% chance of getting at least one shiny Pokemon
.....That's a lot of scrambled eggs and I don't even know about how to use the masuda method anywho.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
.....That's a lot of scrambled eggs and I don't even know about how to use the masuda method anywho.
Well, more specifically, after hatching 2839 eggs, there is a 34.66% chance of getting one shiny, a 12.01% chance of getting two shinies, a 2.77% chance of getting three shinies, a .48% chance of getting four shinies, a .07% chance of getting five shinies and a .01% chance of getting six shinies. (Values rounding to nearest hundredth of a percent)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, does this mean that Masuda method is like a fourth of that now? As in, actually reasonable? ;o
Well, if .com is correct than you have a 50% chance of getting at least one shiny after 473 hatches, much better than the average of 2839 hatches needed without it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)