Goodra [QC 2/3]

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sludge bomb is useful for clefable, mainly, while still having coverage on azu. these are rather important hits and tbolt isn't really that important, hitting for less than draco on pretty much all relevant electric-weak targets. i'd like to see sludge bomb slashed in if not over tbolt.

Hi, can you remove the Choice Specs set? It doesn't really have merit over another offensive Pokemon, like Life Orb Latios. It may be slightly stronger than Latios courtesy of the Choice Specs, but in exchange it's slower and is locked into a move, leaving Goodra unable to take advantage of its great coverage options. It just seems inferior to the Assault Vest set, because you pick Goodra for the special bulk and typing, and if you give it Choice Specs, you're just straddling the line between offensive and defensive, ending up poor at both.
Goodra is not an uncommon sight as a bulky pivot on offensive teams
Um
can also make use of Hydration on rain teams.
Don't bother with this in the overview, after all, the rain set was moved to OO. Probably just something you missed when writing it up. Also, make a quick mention of mediocre speed in the overview, since that's another disadvantage compared to the Latis. Actually, can you replace the mentions of Latias with Latios? It's generally considered better.

Heatran's less prominent now, so you can probably unslash Earthquake, since it's not worth it for just one Pokemon. Just the four primary moves seems good for the set, everything else should just be in moves.

If Goodra runs Modest instead of Quiet, then it might as well also use 16 Speed EVs to outspeed max Speed Adamant Azumarill and Mawile, both of which it can check, although Azumarill needs to have used Belly Drum first.

Can you just explain how the double switches with Goodra would work in Usage Tips? Also, while Dragon Tail's chip damage is nice, it's important to note that Draco Meteor is really the spam move.
Goodra likes to switch in and out a lot, especially with Draco Meteor's attack drop, so teammates who can Rapid Spin or Defog are very appreciated. Wish support is also useful because of Goodra's complete lack of reliable recovery.
Examples? A few more physically defensive Pokemon along with Rotom-W would be good too, like Skarmory.
Examples include Fairy-types such as Florges, Togekiss, and Clefable
Replace Florges with Sylveon, and remove the Togekiss reference, it's not too prominent.

Other than those, mostly just updating it for the metagame, it looks good. Let me know what you think of removing Specs, as well as anything else that I suggested.

Stamp.gif

QC 3/3

I love you.. Goodra should be female only without a doubt. She's far, far too feminine to be a male. Look at those hips and her eyes, and her coloring.. That is full-on feminine. There's no way a male could have those.

Cheers to you, chap. Male Goodra shouldn't exist, and I'm glad you agree. It's unbelievable how GF screwed up on her gender ratio.
The gender of the pokemon on an article has nothing to do if the strategies in it are viable.

That being said I usually prefer gender neutral for Pokemon that can be both gender/have no gender and use the correct gender for Pokemon that are only of that gender. But that's just a matter of taste and many people might disagree.

Goodra's lack of recovery can be slightly remedied by utilizing Rest and Sleep Talk. A CroCune-like set could be used with Rest, Sleep Talk, Curse, and a physical STAB move such as Dragon Tail or Outrage.
If you use Sleep Talk, you can't harm Fairies.

oh man that 4chan thread is hilarious

i think using gendered pronouns in an analysis makes the prose flow better

LightningLuxray you can finish it up if you want but I might have a more updated version on my hard drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)