Balanced Hackmons Threatlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserving Scizor-Mega (Defensive)

[Aparently the Smogon Sprite Generator is dead rn so I'll just wait before posting the pic]

Type: Bug/Steel
Base Stats: 70 / 150 / 140 / 65 / 100 / 75
Common Abilities: Flash Fire

Boasting one of the best typings in the game, base 140 defence, and the ability to completely remove its one crippling flaw - its double fire weakness - via flash fire, Mega Scizor stands out as one of the best physically defensive walls in the metagame. While it may seem like a waste of an ability to give Scizor Flash Fire over say, Fur Coat which would allow it to sponge every non-fire physical hit, many Pokemon possess fire coverage, which would make his physical walling capabilities rather underwhelming. Flash Fire, on the other hand, usually makes it extremely difficult for physical attackers and even some special attackers with lacking coverage (such as the common Fairy/Fire Xerneas) to break Scizor, due to the fact that neither of the moves that they pack for steel types are able to hit it super effectively. Standard Refridgerate Kyurem-B, most notably, is completely hard walled. In addition to granting Scizor defensive prowess, Flash Fire also grants the great boon of making it immune to Will-O-Wisp, meaning it can spam it virtually all the time without fear of it being bounced back. Entrainment is also used on Scizor to give the target an irrelevant ability that cripples poison healers that are immune to Will-O-Wisp and would just set up in your face otherwise as well. Finally, much like standard Scizor, U-Turn is a deadly weapon in its repertoire, taking advantage of the fact that attackers unable to breach it will often switch out, granting momentum and allowing Scizor's oft forgotten base 150 attack to fire off a very strong STAB move.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Reshiram
Type : Dragon / Fire
Base Stats : 100 / 120 / 100 / 150 / 120 / 90
Common Abilities : Contrary / Magic Guard

As many already know, Victini's signature attack, V-Create, has the highest base power for any move, without it being a self-destructive move. However, V-Create has a huge downside, lowering the user's defense, special defense, and speed down one stage. The same is also true with Draco Meteor, which drops the user's special attack by two stages. However, the ability contrary has the power to change that. This ability makes all negative stat changes positive, making moves like V-Create and Draco Meteor usable without any negative consequences. This paired with STAB with both of these moves makes Reshiram a powerful contrary user, with continually boosted stats. Another albeit less common set, includes the ability Magic Guard. This ability gives the user immunity to stealth rocks, spikes, recoil damage, and status effects such as poison. While this option is less common on the BH battlefield, it provides backup for a less common physical attacking reshiram. The move Flare Blitz, with a powerful 120 power, has significant recoil after attacking, but there are no consequences when using the ability Magic Guard. This may also be paired with the currently unreleased attack Light of Ruin, which gives a massive 1/2 recoil, and although this attack doesn't provide STAB, the 140 base power is nothing to laugh at. On another note, the Life Orb does not damage the user if it has Magic Guard, which gives the user a 1.3 attack and special attack boost.

Sets
Mixed Contrary Baton passer

Reshiram @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Baton Pass
- Heal Order

Scarfed Mixed attacker

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Volt Switch
- Outrage

Banded All-out-Physical

Reshiram @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Outrage

All-out-Physical Life Orb

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Toxic Orb Nuzzle support

Reshiram @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Magic Coat
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Mixed Shell Smash

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Flare Blitz
- Shell Smash
- Heal Order

Asterat This is a little sub-par so i'll be updating it later

Last edited:

Mega latios
type: dragon/psychic
base stats: 80/130/100/160/120/110
common abilities: protean, poison heal,

while i don't know about the poison heal version, i have experience with the mega launcher, and know about the protean versions. protean can be an extremely powerful with special moves, by giving the extra 50% damage boost, especially combined with the latios/latias exclusive item, soul dew. common moves include psystrike, draco meteor, and the recommended fighting and/or poison move in order to counter it's dark and fairy type weaknesses

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but that is completely inaccurate, hardly any of it is correct. Mega Launcher is really bad compared to stuff like Protean and Adaptability. I'll take Latias-Mega.

Last edited:

Mega latios
common abilities: mega launcher, poison heal

I have little to know experience with the poison heal move set, but have seen and used the deadly mega launcher version. even with the small possible mega launcher move set of dragon pulse, dark pulse, water pulse, and aura sphere, can be a massive threat in the game. with high power with the combined high sp. attack stat of 160, and the extra 50% damage output by those moves with mega launcher, it is extremely deadly to fight against. this power can be boosted even more by soul dew, (probably the main reason why latios is used) makes it a great special sweeper.
Why in the world would you use Mega Launcher in BH, let alone on Mega Latios? As an ability, it's just completely outclassed as an ability by Protean, Adaptability, etc.

because I've seen it used several times, and with high damage output. idk
Just because it's been used doesn't make it good, Protean outclasses it. See:
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Mega Latios Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 172-203 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Mega Latios Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 172-204 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
lol, didn't realize the difference was so small, however, my point still stands, Protean impacts more and is stronger.

I wouldn't completely dismiss Mega Launcher's effectiveness as an ability, but Mega Launcher is definitely not the ideal choice for Mega Lati@s. Mega Launcher provides a good boost to relevant noteworthy moves, such as Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere. The only reason why Adaptability outclasses Mega Launcher in this case is because of Psystrike's usefulness and Draco Meteor's superior wallbreaking power. Protean is better in almost all cases, the only reason why you'd use Mega Launcher in the first place is if you want to boost a possible STAB move like Dark Pulse.

Just because it's been used doesn't make it good, Protean outclasses it. See:
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Mega Latios Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 172-203 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Mega Latios Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 172-204 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
lol, didn't realize the difference was so small, however, my point still stands, Protean impacts more and is stronger.
I've never actually seen a protean mega latios

there. i did research on the protean ability, and updated the article. thank you for pointing out the protean ability, to everyone who did

there. i did research on the protean ability, and updated the article. thank you for pointing out the protean ability, to everyone who did
I'd completely remove any mention of Mega Launcher tbh. Just adds a bunch of fluff to the post that shouldn't be there.

You'll also want to go into specifics about common moves, things it checks/counters, etc.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

Mega latios
common abilities: protean, poison heal,

while i don't know about the poison heal version, i have experience with the mega launcher, and know about the protean versions. protean can be an extremely powerful with special moves, by giving the extra 50% damage boost, especially combined with the latios/latias exclusive item, soul dew. common moves include psystrike, draco meteor, and the recommended fighting and/or poison move in order to counter it's dark and fairy type weaknesses
let me fix that for you

Mega Latios
Type: Dragon/Psychic
Base Stats: 80/130/100/160/120/110
Common Abilities: Protean, Poison Heal

Mega Latios is an amazing pokemon in the current Balanced Hackmons metagame. With the dangerous unique boost from Soul Dew it can threaten many defensive teams and defensive cores;mdash However it doesn't struggle to pull it's weight against offense. Even with a speed tier that unfortunately falls under the important 130 benchmark (for Mega Gengar), it still has a deadly speed tier outside of Mega Gengar. Mega Latios' 2 good sets are: Protean and Poison Heal. Poison Heal should be watched out for as it's a great offensive pivot and status absorber, acting similar to it's sister pokemon- Mega Latias. Protean is the main set due to being able to abuse Soul Dew to it's maximum potential- With Boomburst it can clean 2HKO important pivots and walls like Ho-Oh and Xerneas. With good coverage through moves like Steam Eruption and Magma Storm/Blue Flare and a safe spore tactic (Protean Spore makes you grass type preventing you yourself from being spored) it's no wonder why this thing is so highly regarded as a threat.

In short the following are accepted:
Zekrom, Darmanitan-z, Groudon, Regigigas, Xerneas-d, Kyogre-d, Yveltal-d, Shaymin-Sky, Blissey, Rayquaza, Kyuw
d = defensive

Everybody else's don't follow op rules, lacking knowledge of metagame, or are too short. Make edits and an appeal, and I'll look at them again.

Zekrom, Darmanitan-z, Groudon, Regigigas, Xerneas-d, Kyogre-d, Yveltal-d, Shaymin-Sky, Blissey, Rayquaza, Kyuw
d = defensive

Everybody else's don't follow op rules, lacking knowledge of metagame, or are too short. Make edits and an appeal, and I'll look at them again.
Wait were M-Gengar and Chansey not good enough n__n I rewrote them to match your input.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
d = defensive

I corrected the mega latios, surely it's acceptable enough to warrant someone who signed up to do it to steal some of my words n_n

Reserving Venusaur-Mega (Support)

Venusaur-Mega

Type: Grass/Poison
Base Stats: 80 / 100 / 123 / 122 / 120 / 80
Common Abilities: Prankster / Magic Bounce

With an excellent defensive typing, great bulk and access to useful items, it's really no wonder why Mega Venusaur is such an excellent supporter in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. With its Prankster set, it often uses a recovery move, Parting Shot, Taunt, Spore, Destiny Bond and most importantly, Trick. Black Sludge is a very crippling item Mega Venusaur uses with Trick and it's one of the reasons why so many use Mega Pokemon with their respective Mega Stones to block it. Trick also allows Mega Venusaur to defeat Shedinja and almost all Pokemon that use held plates or Technoblast. Its superb typing allows it to wall offensive Poison Heal Kyogre, most Pixilate Xerneas and even Mega Garchomp. Mega Venusaur is sometimes seen using Magic Bounce. Magic Bounce Mega Venusaur prefers to use its mega stone and uses a moveset of Aromatherapy / Haze, Defog, Recover and Baton Pass to support its teammates. It can form a very effective "anti -ate ability" core by using its Magic Bounce set with Prankster Aegislash. It's worth noting that Prankster Aegislash has no way of dealing with Aerilate Mega Charizard-Y with fire STAB, so you may want to use a Sound Proof Pokemon in your team like Arceus to wall such sets more consistently. Overall, Mega Venusaur is a stellar supporter that should always be considered for a team slot.

EDIT: I do realise that I was particularly descriptive, but I think it's necessary for defensive/supportive Pokemon in general. Most people really don't know what to use with defense/support sets unlike offensive sets.

Last edited:
May i make a suggestion about Mega-Gardevoir?

It should have Magic Bounce listed too. So it can setup Substitute, reflect Whirlwind, immune to Dragon Tail, 4x resist to Circle Throw, can setup Tail Glow behind Subs so it can start sweeping with its relative fast 100 base Speed and one of the greatest Sp Atk of the game (165). Moonblast and Earth Power are the obvious choices for attack.

Finally got off my lazy ass and wrote up Mega Scizor

Reserving Cresselia (Defensive)

Type: Psychic
Base Stats: 120 / 70 / 120 / 75 / 130 / 85
Common Abilities: Unaware, Magic Bounce, Fur Coat

With very high 120 / 120 / 130 defensive stats and a typing that, while not fantastic, provides it with few weaknesses, Cresselia stands out as a very bulky neutral wall in the metagame. Generally regarded as the best Unaware user due to its bulk and lack of prominent weaknesses, Cresselia can stand up to almost every contrary user and win bar any prior damage. Using its excellent bulk, Cresselia can take other routes as well, namely a very sturdy Magic Bounce or Fur Coat user. While it may seem initially that it is outclassed in the 2 latter abilities due to its not-so-great defensive typing which provides it a weakness to knock off and few immunities, Cresselia stands out due to the fact that knock off is the only real common move that hits it super effectively (which fur coat additionally eliminates), which in tandem with its bulk means it is very hard to do any significant damage to it.

Last edited:
not too sure if this is too off topic, but why are there pages for balanced hackmons, but not for regular hackmons? As a prominent player in the hackmons community I've noticed that hackmons is much more popular than BH in terms of the community size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)