Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it say fat *insert name here* said?
I've tried thinking of a plausible acronyms for it but everything I thought of was offensive on some scale.
Or is it just some weird joke chaos made?

I was in a battle a little bit ago, and I was slower than a Staraptor while I was using a 31 Spd, 252 EV Spd, Jolly Mega Pinsir. The opponent also switched moves, so I know he didn't have a choice scarf. How was I slower? I know my base speed is only 5 points higher than Staraptors, but shouldn't my Pinsir be first? My Pinsir is literally as fast as it can go without the use of items or buffs.

I was in a battle a little bit ago, and I was slower than a Staraptor while I was using a 31 Spd, 252 EV Spd, Jolly Mega Pinsir. The opponent also switched moves, so I know he didn't have a choice scarf. How was I slower? I know my base speed is only 5 points higher than Staraptors, but shouldn't my Pinsir be first? My Pinsir is literally as fast as it can go without the use of items or buffs.
Did the Staraptor use quick attack?

Quick question regarding a breeding mechanic change, Egg moves specifically.
With Tutor Moves that became egg moves, like Breloom's Drain Punch, does it matter how the original parent learned it (Gen 4 ™ vs. Gen 5 Move Tutor) to pass it down?
Same turn.
The turn it mega evolves, it uses the base form's speed. Mega speed isn't used unless it started the turn as a Mega.

Actually just read about how turn order works in regards to megas, so I just answered my own question. Thank you for trying to help though. :)

Hey,
What do you think is a really good Talonflame Counter on a rain team?
+ What is the best mega for a rain team?
For a Mega, Scizor works well since it's only weakness is Fire-Type and is reduced, not to mention being able to Tyranitar, which, intentionally or not, tends to remove your Rain with Sand.
As for Talonflame, Azumarill's boosted Aqua Jet/Waterfall deals with it decently, or there's the ol' reliable Washing Machine.
Kabutops also resists both STABs (4x Fire + Rain drop) and can OHKO with Aqua Jet or any STAB, since Swift Swim lets it's priority outrun Talonflame's. Kabutops is a counter, but without rain he's a check at best, because CB BB can take off max 50%, which is a 2HKO with hazards, and he needs the rain boost to OHKO Talonflame with Aqua Jet.

Hey,
What do you think is a really good Talonflame Counter on a rain team?
+ What is the best mega for a rain team?
Mega Ampharos resists both of Talonflame's STABS, and is effective on Rain teams, as it can run Thunder over Thunderbolt, and has good type synergy with Water's weaknesses, with a 4x resistance to Electric and a 2x resistance to Grass. I've only tried the Agility set before on Rain though, so I'm not sure how effective a SpD set might be.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Quick question regarding a breeding mechanic change, Egg moves specifically.
With Tutor Moves that became egg moves, like Breloom's Drain Punch, does it matter how the original parent learned it (Gen 4 ™ vs. Gen 5 Move Tutor) to pass it down?
No, it's completely irrelevant that it once was a tutor move, as long as either parent has Drain Punch you'll be fine.

One other thing that comes to mind.
Some Pokemon, like the Nidorans, can breed two different Pokemon from one parent (in this case, Nidoran F can breed both Nidoran F and Nidoran M).

In this case, can both genders/species of children still inherit their HA from the parent, or only the matching species (in this case, Nidoran F)

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
One other thing that comes to mind.
Some Pokemon, like the Nidorans, can breed two different Pokemon from one parent (in this case, Nidoran F can breed both Nidoran F and Nidoran M).

In this case, can both genders/species of children still inherit their HA from the parent, or only the matching species (in this case, Nidoran F)
Yes they can :) and breeding Prankster Illumise can hatch both Prankster Volbeats and Prankster Illumises. (I think in-game related questions should be asked in the Orange Islands' SQSA thread though :) )

Yes they can :) and breeding Prankster Illumise can hatch both Prankster Volbeats and Prankster Illumises. (I think in-game related questions should be asked in the Orange Islands' SQSA thread though :) )
Alright, thanks for the future reference. The last thing I need is to find a Nidoran F and need to find another swarm/grotto for a HA M.

What is a good set for a lead ttar? I just need a SR setter, and I already have a CB pursuit scizor, so pursuit isn't really mandatory on ttar.

Is there a stall guide anywhere? I'm only looking for one that's current, i.e. that was made recently, not like at the beginning of XY or from previous generations. I need to know what kinds of things are staples on the various kinds of stall.

Seeing as baton pass is still a playstyle, I believe the baton pass thread should be reopened to allow discussion after the 2nd nerf. I think its worth having a thread to evaluate and discuss where baton pass is now.
That or allow a new thread for baton pass to me made. There is after all a thread for trick room and even after the nerf I think baton pass is worthy of at least being talked about.
Any possibility of this?

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Seeing as baton pass is still a playstyle, I believe the baton pass thread should be reopened to allow discussion after the 2nd nerf. I think its worth having a thread to evaluate and discuss where baton pass is now.
That or allow a new thread for baton pass to me made. There is after all a thread for trick room and even after the nerf I think baton pass is worthy of at least being talked about.
Any possibility of this?
No. Only one Pokemon can have Baton Pass now, so any "strategy" is just quickpassing, which merits very little discussion.
What is a good set for a lead ttar? I just need a SR setter, and I already have a CB pursuit scizor, so pursuit isn't really mandatory on ttar.
Are you using a sand team? The set I use on my sand team is:
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Stone Edge and Earthquake are other options for the moveset. If you aren't using a sand team, Leftovers is better than Smooth Rock, though you may want to consider a different setter.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a stall guide anywhere? I'm only looking for one that's current, i.e. that was made recently, not like at the beginning of XY or from previous generations. I need to know what kinds of things are staples on the various kinds of stall.
There's no comprehensive guide as far as I know. This thread is probably your best bet if you want to read up on some stuff: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stall.3490051/page-40

Some of the effective stall builds at the moment that are being used in WCOP are:

Mega Charizard X / Amoonguss / Alomomola / Skarmory / Clefable / Gliscor

Skarmory / Slowbro / Quagsire / Gliscor / Mega Venusaur / Chansey

Clefable / Skarmory / Quagsire / Chansey / Mega Venusaur / Gliscor

Skarmory / Suicune / Mega Venusaur / Heatran / Chansey / Gliscor

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what crucial threats scarfed medicham cant outspeed with an adamant nature? Im currently running jolly but I've lost one too many battles just because I BARELY miss kills with it and I've had enough. Ha ha. I just want to know if the extra power is worth the speed drop. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)