Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone name some good Talonflame walls/counters due to the prevalence of the famed and hyped smogon-bird?
Breloom is a good check if the sash is intact
Tyranitar is generally a good check except for U-Turn
Mega Man resists Brave Bird, so would either force a switch, make do with the decreased damage (which IDK if that would kill) or just Flare Blitz, which might lead to Smogonbirds death... Or Megamans, hard to say
Aegislash can work as a good check thanks to KS/Resisting BB
OFC most of these bar MMan are screwed by WoW... But not many Tflame carry that
Idk if this helped, but... It's here.
Edit: and Rotom-Wash... Dammit.

What is a good set for a lead ttar? I just need a SR setter, and I already have a CB pursuit scizor, so pursuit isn't really mandatory on ttar.
focus sash/chople berry/leftovers or smooth rock.. imo sdefensive ttar is a good set with fire blast, pursuit, sr and ice beam / sedge

If knock off hits something and it would normally OHKO it, but it's holding a focus sash, does the focus sash go into effect?
Yes, the knock off effect occurs after the opponent's item takes effect. So things like the dark-resist berry, rocky helmet, weakness policy, and sash, all activate before they can be knocked off. But, knock off will still get the boost from sash and weakness policy (and of course rocky helmet), not sure if it gets the boost from the dark-resist berry though since technically the berry activates before the attack even does damage.

May I ask why Magnezone isn't used as a bulky special attacker instead of trapping Steel types? Anayltic gives it a Life Orb boost while still letting it hold an item, and it can lure Ground types in and hit them hard on the switch with HP Ice.

Just me though

May I ask why Magnezone isn't used as a bulky special attacker instead of trapping Steel types? Anayltic gives it a Life Orb boost while still letting it hold an item, and it can lure Ground types in and hit them hard on the switch with HP Ice.

Just me though
I assume it's just because there are better options. Magnet Pull is something it does better than anything else, whereas "bulky special attacker" is also done by Aegislash, Mega Venu, Heatran, Latias, Rotom-W, etc.

Just me though
That set sounds good on paper, but Magnezone itself isn't really used as a main sweeper more as a complimentary piece to one of your other pokemon on your team. Magnet Pull really helps against like Skarmory for like Mega Pinsir to help sweep. It's more of an asset sweeper rather than a main, which is why you generally don't see Analytic used rather than Magnet Pull.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just me though
It's also really slow and although he has decent defensive stats, 4x weakness to Ground and weakness to Fire and Fighting which are all common attack types really diminishes the value of that bulk

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So I noticed the Deos going to ubers from OU has been an ongoing thing for a couple of gens now. How does that work exactly? Does it go by generation after generation or is it something else more detailed?

So I noticed the Deos going to ubers from OU has been an ongoing thing for a couple of gens now. How does that work exactly? Does it go by generation after generation or is it something else more detailed?
STEP ONE: Unban Deoxys-S and D at the beginning of gen for indiscernible reasons
STEP TWO: Play with the new toys for a few months
STEP THREE: Remember that the aliens are cancer
STEP FOUR: Have an unnecessary suspect test that results in their inevitable ban
STEP FIVE: Wait until the next gen comes out and then return to step one for continued fun

This is exactly how it works. There's really nothing more to it.

What happens if a magic bounce user uses a 100% accurate status move on another magic bounce user? Will it continue ad infinum and make the endless battle clause v2?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good physical attacker that can use Earthquake, Stone Edge and either a good Grass type move or an Electric type move. I believe a Grass type would be more likely than Electric.

I'm making a Garchomp as I type this, but the lack of a Grass/Electric type move really bothers me, because then I would have no water type coverage in my entire team! D:

Help? All suggestions are appreciated. c:

It's good my Hippodown?.Evs spread:248 hp,252 dif and 8 dif.sp.Nature:bold(+dif-att).@leftovers. Ability:sand stream.Moves:stealth rock,roar,earthquake and slack off.Guys please,help me!^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)