Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I bring up the same subject saying that I'm surprised no one brought it up and literally the next page someone who missed that brings it up again... I'm somewhere between "lol :D" and "really? -_-"

Here's the start
Oh whoops! I had about 6 pages to read through since I had last checked, must have skipped it..

It's in Japanese but more secret base stuff, mostly gameplay:

I can't wait to see what puzzles and layouts people do with secret bases! It looks like there are a buttload of objects to use in these remakes, and we have a crazy creative community. It's just a matter if time until we can walk into some guys base and play the Pokemon theme song by walking on tiles. I'm sure there will be plenty of trolls too, there will probably be a way to make infinite loops with those spinning pads (or at least go for ages), if you're not forced to save right before entering them, I would be doing it myself just to be safe..

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
From the looks of things, it seems like Norman will probably give out the TM for Retaliate based on these (non-conclusive) images:

why does slaking have to stay in his lying down pose while performing retaliate i do not even

Man Norman will probably look like being an absolute bitch to beat this time around (he was pretty hard in RSE outside of the Focus Punch spam). Base 140 STAB move off base 160 Attack as soon as it hits the field... Better hope you have a Ghost-type handy or Protect or something otherwise something is going to go down hahaha.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
From the looks of things, it seems like Norman will probably give out the TM for Retaliate based on these (non-conclusive) images:

why does slaking have to stay in his lying down pose while performing retaliate i do not even

Man Norman will probably look like being an absolute bitch to beat this time around (he was pretty hard in RSE outside of the Focus Punch spam). Base 140 STAB move off base 160 Attack as soon as it hits the field... Better hope you have a Ghost-type handy or Protect or something otherwise something is going to go down hahaha.
Stellar and I were actually doing calcs for this last night when we saw some of the images. That Combusken is going to get *ruined*. Let's get our Pelippers/Dustoxs out and ready to fight, cause we're going to *need* Protect here...

[21:26] <~Stellar> gl with lv28 combusken vs retaliate slaking
[21:26] <~Stellar> o_O
[21:27] <@Limi> lower than vs flannery
[21:27] <@Limi> i kinda hope the gym leaders will be tough again
[21:27] <@Limi> brawly and liza/tate man
[21:27] <~Stellar> makuhita has knock off
[21:27] <~Stellar> now
[21:28] <@Limi> owch
[21:28] <@Limi> is bulk up still his TM?
[21:28] <~Stellar> i assume so
[21:28] <~Stellar> wait
[21:28] <~Stellar> knock off is lv19
[21:28] <&DHR> 0 Atk Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Combusken: 51-61 (63.7 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
[21:28] <~Stellar> maku is 18
[21:29] <@Limi> makucheater
[21:29] <&DHR> Maku is 19 in Emerald
[21:29] <&DHR> I really like Brawly's redesign
[21:30] <~Stellar> retaliate (140)
[21:30] <~Stellar> from 31 slaking to 28 combusken
[21:30] <~Stellar> 151.2 - 180%
[21:30] <&DHR> yeah
[21:30] <&DHR> :P
[21:30] <&DHR> that was unboosted retaliate
[21:30] <~Stellar> 70 bp is 76.2 - 91.2%
[21:30] <&DHR> actually the same power as facade
[21:30] <&DHR> but with a much better effect for a gym match
[21:32] <~Stellar> 0 Atk Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Combusken: 97-115 (97 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
[21:32] <~Stellar> thats 36 combusken
[21:32] <~Stellar> ie you are a blaziken
[21:32] <~Stellar> before you have a chance to survive

I'm actually wondering why they haven't yet showed any image with the Trick Master. I'm anxiously waiting to see how awesome the rooms will be now.

Mixed Metagross could have some real potential. I hadnt even thought of Grass knot being a contact move, really great someone can make use of the boost from tough claws. And he has stab Psychic which could have a good suprise factor against physically bulky mons that switch in

Also, I noticed that in the newest video the Secret Base guy doesn't actually have a stone on his sprite anywhere so I really don't think Mega Flygon is going to happen through him. Not that it can't still happen, but I really doubt he would have any part in that now. And trust me, I was always way more partial to Flygon than Salamence throughout my childhood and was adamant about using it instead, so I'll continue to cross fingers.
Yeah, but maybe he'll be like : "Look what i found in a secret base, i don't have a Key stone, maybe you can use it." Flygonite received. BOOM Mega-Flygon.

It's really just Phoebe and Glacia, though. Adding Litwick to ORAS (there was a little Litwick candle for secret base) leaves Phoebe with Dusclops / Banette / Sableye / Chandelure / Dusknoir which patches her up AND provides another Fire-type option.

The real issue is giving us an Ice-type E4 in a tropical region. I really can't think of good ice-types to add to Shoal Cave other than Lapras and maybe Cloyster. Sealeo / Glalie / Lapras / Froslass / Walrein?
Aurorus? Rotom-Frost? Vanilluxe? (come on, there's totally ice cream shops in Hoenn.)

IDK, even having two in the same family on a team isn't very interesting. I know it was kind of a theme of the R/S/E elite 4 other than Sidney, but if Game Freak is expanding the Hoenn Dex then it stands to reason that gimmick wouldn't be needed anymore.

Replace Dusclops with Jellicent?

Stellar and I were actually doing calcs for this last night when we saw some of the images. That Combusken is going to get *ruined*. Let's get our Pelippers/Dustoxs out and ready to fight, cause we're going to *need* Protect here...
Glorious Anorith master race represent. :)

Last edited:

I feel really bad for that chicken.
And I wonder how many Gym Leaders are going to give TMs for new moves. It seems they've redone some of the moves because of Shifty's Leaf Blade, maybe there are even some new moves.
And dear god, please make Norman a little easier this Gen *Prays to Arceus*

Has anyone noticed that the cosplay Pikachu doesn't just have a black tail? Its tail is also shaped like a heart.

I am going to totally get a lava lamp. PSEUDO-GYM LEADER MASTER RACE
Though I would rather be E4. Higher position than leader, no retirement when somebody beats you like Champion.

Though honestly, we're running out of things to talk about. Unless something relatively big happens pretty soon, we may see this thread locked again.

Pelipper learn protect gg dad :D
Can we find one in the wild before surf tho? Not raising one for just that gym. Besides, there's always cannon fodder and bulk up. You can always sacrifice some electrikes and hope for static.
And on the topic of megas, what are the odds of ho-oh and lugia getting one? Mewtwo, groudon and kyogre all have one(two for mew2) and johto isn't getting a remake anytime soon......

Can we find one in the wild before surf tho? Not raising one for just that gym. Besides, there's always cannon fodder and bulk up. You can always sacrifice some electrikes and hope for static.
Not in the wild, no...but there are wingulls; I agree though, I don't plan to train one just for that. I might train a Sableye, though, and Lairon gets Protect at level 29. What are the chances that Norman will transfer his Focus Punch Slakings up from Gen III? This is the universe in which Lance found a Rock Slide Aerodactyl, after all.

Slugma might be better sacrificial fodder than Electrike, although I don't really care for that option.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And on the topic of megas, what are the odds of ho-oh and lugia getting one? Mewtwo, groudon and kyogre all have one(two for mew2) and johto isn't getting a remake anytime soon......
Mega Mewtwo was introduced in X and Y so it's possible that past generation legendary Pokemon might get some in future installments even if they're not remakes. However, for the Hoenn remakes I think they're just going to stick with Hoenn Pokemon getting mega evolutions. Regardless, Lugia and Ho-Oh don't seem to be available in Ruby and Sapphire anyway (although it looks like they can be caught in Emerald, so they might add them, who knows?).

A few days ago we got the video with Mega Metagross and some of the gyms remake remember. Well if you looked at the walls on the gym you saw a Kabutops and a Dragonite ? fossil. In the new trailer we also saw a Stunfisk lying on the floor in one of the secret bases. Usually games don't show Pokemon you can't get in the regional dex but there have been multiple occasions of non Hoenn Pokemon being shown in ORAS. Will this either mean we get a big update to the Pokedex or is gamefreak just trolling us with letting us see cool Pokemon we can't get.

Norman keeps a really well polished floor. It might just be me but that BG "arena" is straight up tight. And I haven't said "tight" about anything in a long time. I hope a lot of arenas and backgrounds end up being that... tight (just the most fitting adjective somehow)

And along the topic options and customization, I really appreciated that you could select a number of different musics while battling on PSS or other online things, but I would also really appreciate the option to select arenas rather than doing EVERYTHING in that one kind of boring wire frame room...

I know everyone already said it but I gotta say it too. If you can catch a Wingull the only scary thing about Norman is his Vigroth (not too scary.) Pretty sure I had a lv 25 Pelliper on literally every play though I ever did of Sapphire.

Last edited:
Judging by the Red Tent in the video, I think its safe to say the Trick House will return. I'm excited to see that place with the updated graphics and now they can do a whole lot more to make it even "trickier". It was easily one of my favorite parts of RSE, and something sorely missing from later games; actually fun side quests that make the game better and longer overall.

And along the topic options and customization, I really appreciated that you could select a number of different musics while battling on PSS or other online things, but I would also really appreciate the option to select arenas rather than doing EVERYTHING in that one kind of boring wire frame room...
Last month along with batch of screenshots they revealed was one of a wifi battle. The background looks like an upgraded version of XYs. So sadly that isn't going to happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)