Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaymin

Grass → Grass

Natural Cure → Purifier (Immune to Poison type moves, Poison type moves restore 25% of max HP)

100/100/100/100/100/100 (600) → 100/115(+15)/130(+30)/115(+15)/130(+30)/110(+10) (700)

Shaymin's Pokedex entries mention that it's able to remove toxins from the air in the area it's in, thus the new ability. While not necessarily as good as Natural Cure is, Purifier gives Shaymin not only an immunity instead of a weakness, but also, just as an importantly, an immunity to Toxic which, as a more defensive oriented Pokemon, gives Shaymin a huge amount of walling potential.

Phione

Water → Water

Hydration → Water Absorb

80/80/80/80/80/80 (480) → 80/80/110(+30)/100(+20)/110(+30)/100(+20) (600)

+Recover, heal bell

Unlike its cousin Manaphy, M-Phione attempts to be a bulky water type, Water Absorb recovering ¼th of its HP from opposing water movies and Recover and Heal Bell doing the rest.

Cresselia

Psychic → Psychic

Levitate → Levitate

120/70/120/75/130/85 (600) → 120/80(+10)/150(+30)/95(+20)/160(+30)/95(+10) (700)

+Recover

Recover is a bit more reliable than Moonlight

Victini

Fire/Psychic → Fire/Psychic

Victory Star → Simple

100/100/100/100/100/100 (600) → 100/133(+33)/134(+34)/100/133(+33)/100 (700)

+Play Rough

Victini is one of those Pokemon that it's difficult to give a 100 point stat increase too without making it OP. Normally giving Simple to a Pokemon is pretty ridiculous since it's such a good ability. Vicitini, however, has only three moves that give it a positive boost all of which are very weak (Flame Charge, Charge Beam and Power-Up Punch) and very unlikely to be useful on any M-Victini set.

Meanwhile the move it loves to spam in V-Create has its drawback heavily increased since it now decreases Victini's defense, SpD and speed by two stages every time it uses which combined with Victini losing 25% of its HP every time it switches in if Stealth Rock is up and no form of recovery outside of rest means it's usually not going to last long.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Cresselia

Psychic ----> Psychic / Fairy
Levitate ----> Sleep Walker, can attack normally even when asleep. Basically a built in Sleep Talk with control over your move selection.
120 / 70 / 120 / 75 / 130 / 85 (600) ----> 120 / 90 (+20) / 130 (+10) / 125 (+50) / 140 (+10) / 95 (+10)
New Moves: None

Oh boy, Mega cresselia is quite possibly one of the most broken walls in the game now... at first glance. Sporting 120 / 130 / 140 defenses is impressive enough as it is, but now she can rid herself of status and get back to full health at the same time, but the best part is she can attack even while asleep! But the catch to this is she can't use Rest while she's already asleep, meaning she might have a harder time walling offensive teams than one would first expect. But thankfully, her extra Fairy typing will help her take hits while she lacks recovery during her sleep. Having a drastically increased Special Attack stat means Calm Mind sets are now possible, and she has decent coverage options in Psyshock, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, and the newly added Moonblast, but she'll likely only have two extra moveslots for coverage options, so it can be difficult to sweep. With this Mega Evolution, sleep is still an enemy of sorts since you can't heal with Rest while asleep, but also becomes a powerful ally since you can keep fighting on in your sleep protected from status and without wasting a moveslot on Sleep Talk and gambling with it. You could run Moonlight with Rest, but then you'd only have a single attack for the Calm Mind set, so it's a trade-off either way.

Last edited:

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Mega Phione
Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Ability: Hydration -> Redress (Gains +1 special attack if an ally fainted the previous turn. The ability can give the boost upon switch-in or mega evolution)
Stats: 80/80/80/80/80/80 -> 80/80/110(+30)/110(+30)/100(+20)/100(+20)
New Moves: Moonblast, Hydro Pump

I'm actually sad about the results so far with the spirit trio. Only Mesprit stayed to my word for being Part fairy.

Anyways, here are my ideas for the following legendaries of this slate which are also some of my beloved legendaries.

Mega Victini:
Type:
Fire/Fairy
Ability: Warrior Spirit (Enemies KO'd by Stab moves will increase user's attack, sp.attack, and speed by one stage)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 ===> 100/150/75/150/75/150. (some defensive stats are transferred to the attack stats
New Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough

Simply, whenever Mega victini defeats an enemy with a Fairy or Fire type attack, he can kill things quicker. Since V-create lowers its defenses, it leaves himself more prone to priority due to his weaker defenses.

Mega Shaymin:
Type:
Grass/Fairy
Ability: Gratitude (Fully heals an ally pokemon when a partner pokemon protects shaymin. Only works in doubles and triples.)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 ===> 100/140/140/140/140/40.
New Moves: Moonblast, Weather Ball

For shaymin's mega, I applied her dex entry involving gratitude in the form of an ability. I wanted this shaymin to play a unique role in doubles and triple battles whenever another pokemon uses quick guard or wide guard. But in singles, she's the opposite of her sky forme when it comes to roles, for she is now a bulky tank without having Recover as a healing move (which could make her broken though).

Mega Phione:
Type:
Water/Fairy
Ability: Lukewarm (User takes neutral damage from super effective attacks.)
BST: 80/80/80/80/80/80 ===> BST: 80/100/100/100/100/100 (simply, +20 across the board minus HP)
New Moves: Recover, Scald (does it learn this move? I dunno at all)

If Manaphy is the sweeper, Phione will play as the cleric for her ability eliminates her type weaknesses. Since her weakness now is electric, grass, and poison, Lukewarm ability turns those type weaknesses to neutral damage.

Mega Cresselia
Psychic --> Psychic
Levitate --> Sweet Dreams (recovers 1/8 of its max HP every turn that it is asleep)
120/70/120/75/130/85 --> 120/90(+20)/130(+10)/105(+30)/150(+20)/105(+20)

Pretty self explanatory, I think. I'm not really seeing the fairy typing here, beyond maybe moon associations, and this thing looks bulky enough as it is without a better defensive typing.
I am not 100% up on my competitive pokemon, so feedback would be appreciated.

Mega Cresselia
Typing: Psychic ----> Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate ----> Sweet Dreams (Sleep count doubles when the ability wielder is on field)
BST: 120/70/120/70/130/85 ----> 120/70/140/95/170/100

A bit of explaination: Sweet Dreams makes the sleep count runs twice, which means if an asleep opponent is going to wake up when Mega Cresselia is on the field, the sleep count will reset and start again, unless the sleep period is already lengthened by Sweet Dreams once before.
Mega Cresselia is going to make everyone sleeps while it sets up Calm Minds again and again. While lacking in Sp.Atk initially, once Cresselia starts setting up CM - which is easy with its enormous bulk - it can hit surprisingly hard. However, Mega Cresselia doesn't have exactly the best movepool, and struggles to find space between STAB, coverage and recovery.

Mega Victini
Typing: Psychic/Fire ----> Psychic/Fire
Abilities: Victory Star ----> Victory Star
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 ----> 100/135/120/135/120/90
New Moves: Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Drain Punch

Victini lost the ability easily nuke the opponents with V-Create, but it now can become an incredible mixed set-up sweeper/tank. Bulk Up and Calm Mind ensures that Mega Victini can utilize either side depending on your team, and it also possesses a great physical (V-Create, Flare Blitz, Bolt Strike, Drain Punch) and special (Blue Flare, Psychic, Focus Blast) movepool, and you can surprise opponents with either sets. It also has an increase in bulk, helping it in terms of taking hits.

Mega Cresselia
Typing: Psychic-Fairy
Ability: High Tide (or whatever the auto-gravity ability was called)
BST: 120/70/120/75/130/85 -> 120/70/145/110/150/100

Explanation: As Mega Mantine said, Cresselia has magical moon powers (not to mention its movepool), so by that logic, it should be able to somewhat control gravity as well. I feel like gravity is a very underrated field effect; it makes all ground moves have a thousand-arrows-like effect, and it raises accuracy of all moves on the field, so focus miss will ALWAYS hit. BST was a pretty simple buff, nothing really special about it, and it learns no new moves, because it doesn't really need any.

Mega Shaymin
Typing: Grass-Ground (fairy makes sense, but ground makes more sense)
Ability: Herbify (auto grassy terrain on switch-in for 5 turns)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/110/120/130/140/100
New Moves: Grassy Terrain lol

Explanation: Shaymin is the nature god of pokemon. What more do you need for proof of the ability? For those who don't know, grassy terrain auto regens all grounded pokemons' HP, and it powers up grass type moves, so it's essentially +1 seed flare spam all day long for shaymin, and basically leftovers recovery. Grass ground is there because its a nature god, it has to interact with the ground AND the grass. Plus it makes sense when its alternate form is shaymin sky. BST forms a neat little pattern that actually fits pretty well for shaymin, so I'll keep it, and for some reason Shaymin doesn't learn grassy terrain, so i'll have to give it the move.
Herbify comes from Herbi (grass) and Fy (make/create).

Mega Victini
Typing: Fire-Psychic -> Fire-Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/140/120/140/120/80

Explanation: I really liked zerobreaker000's idea in making a bulkier victini rather than a fast, op nuke. I tried to do something similar when i created this victini; base 80 speed means it is slow enough to get killed by lots of pokemon, but base 140 attacking stats help it destroy things. 100/120/120 defenses with magic guard aren't half bad, allowing it to sponge at least 1 super effective hit before going down. Magic guard is there because the dex says that victini creates infinite energy, and this made the most sense flavourwise. Helps with stealth rock and makes flare blitz an alternative too.
Thing is, no bulk up and calm mind, because it's against the rules to give megas set-up moves.

Mega Phione
Type: Water -> Water
Ability: Hydration -> Moody
Stats: 80/80/80/80/80/80 -> 80/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)
New Moves: N/A

Phione's the Sea Drifter Pokemon, and just how knowing where the current will take it is unpredictable, its stats could end up anywhere throughout the course of the battle thanks to Moody. It also happens to be the same ability its all-base-80 stat brother Glalie receives.

While the first reaction might be "AHH highest BST Pokemon with Moody!" the inability for Mega Phione to passively recover HP with Leftovers severely limits the number of turns it can stall with Sub/Protect to boost itself. Additionally, it's not getting the Fairy typing because picking up 3 extra resistances at the cost of a Poison weakness and gaining better neutral STAB coverage would be closer to breaking it. With so many bulky Waters and options for the Mega slot, Phione definitely has its own niche, but the (sunglasses) inconsistency (/sunglasses) might lead you elsewhere.

Mega Phione
Ability: Hydration -> Moody
Stats: 80/80/80/80/80/80 -> 80/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)/100 (+20)
New Moves: N/A

Phione's the Sea Drifter Pokemon, and just how knowing where the current will take it is unpredictable, its stats could end up anywhere throughout the course of the battle thanks to Moody. It also happens to be the same ability its all-base-80 stat brother Glalie receives.

While the first reaction might be "AHH highest BST Pokemon with Moody!" the inability for Mega Phione to passively recover HP with Leftovers severely limits the number of turns it can stall with Sub/Protect to boost itself. Additionally, it's not getting the Fairy typing because picking up 3 extra resistances at the cost of a Poison weakness and gaining better neutral STAB coverage would be closer to breaking it. With so many bulky Waters and options for the Mega slot, Phione definitely has its own niche, but the (sunglasses) inconsistency (/sunglasses) might lead you elsewhere.
But Moody is banned from OU (and even Ubers). Also it has acess to aqua ring as a way of passive recovery.

But Moody is banned from OU (and even Ubers). Also it has acess to aqua ring as a way of passive recovery.
Roar and Whirlwind completely stop it this generation because they never miss and go through Protect; the only reason Moody's still banned is because Smeargle can Ingrain and they didn't want to do a complex ban. There's also a big difference between getting a free Moody boost + Leftovers recovery just by using Protect and taking up an extra moveslot and leaving yourself vulnerable for a turn to use Aqua Ring.

I was just trying to look at it from a different angle since this metagame wouldn't necessarily have the same rules and Phione would be missing many of the attributes that made Moody broken in the first place. Besides, there's plenty of stuff like Arena Trap Mega Snorlax that's way more broken.

Right now we're in the: "Give the guy moves that would make sense for it" phase
We're also only supposed to give moves that don't buff the base form (i.e. Multi-hit moves on pinsir.) I think the funniest thing about this meta is we may see a lot of things that were held back by their movepool become viable in OU (every single defensive pokemon getting recover >_>)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
We're also only supposed to give moves that don't buff the base form (i.e. Multi-hit moves on pinsir.) I think the funniest thing about this meta is we may see a lot of things that were held back by their movepool become viable in OU (every single defensive pokemon getting recover >_>)
The winning submission for Uxie didn't have recover, also my Dusknoir wont be getting it either

The winning submission for Uxie didn't have recover, also my Dusknoir wont be getting it either
Here's a list of defensive pokemon that now have recovery.

Claydol
Donphan
Florges
Lanturn
Lapras
Mantine
Mr. Mime (Didn't want to count this, but it does have a niche)

Note: that this was taken from the code, so it's a month or 2 behind what we currently have. This also isn't counting things such as a set-up moves and new coverage options that could give many pokemon a new life. I'm not sure how to look at this, on one hand it's pretty cool, on the other it's not really the intention of this mod.

Here's a list of defensive pokemon that now have recovery.

Claydol
Donphan
Florges
Lanturn
Lapras
Mantine
Mr. Mime (Didn't want to count this, but it does have a niche)

Note: that this was taken from the code, so it's a month or 2 behind what we currently have. This also isn't counting things such as a set-up moves and new coverage options that could give many pokemon a new life. I'm not sure how to look at this, on one hand it's pretty cool, on the other it's not really the intention of this mod.
It was inevitable that in the process of giving new moves we end up giving a new move that both forms can use. Often the typing, stats or ability makes these moves more useful for the Megas. Espescially for defensive mons where there isn't a minimum requirement in order to no be outdone by their base. Meanwhile offensive mons need to compete with their LO base stage, unless they become a ton bulkier.

Mega-Victini
Type: Psychic/Fire -> Psychic/Fire
Ability: Victory Star -> Victorious Aura (Moves that lower the users stats have 1.3x power, but the stat drops are doubled.)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/130 (+30)/120 (+20)/130 (+30)/120 (+20)/100

With Mega-Victini's new ability, it can really destroy teams. Victorious aura essentially turns v-crate into a 234 bp move before stab. Coming off of a good 130 attack stat, this thing will hurt! That combined with good coverage and nice defensive stats make mega-victini a go-to wallbreaker. You can also go mixed with overheat (169 bp) if you want to.
Hey, I've done a bit of talking, but let's see what this thing can really do. Call in the calcs!

252+ Atk Victini Victorious Aura V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 354-416 (97.2 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Victini Victorious Aura V-create vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 271-321 (76.5 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Victini Victorious Aura V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 556-655 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Victini Victorious Aura V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 301-355 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

So as you can see, Mega-Victini will be a huge threat. The ability to at least 2hko most pokemon is an amazing ability. But, don't worry, the second part of it's ability and sub-par speed will keep it from getting too out of hand.

Mega Cresselia
Typing: Psychic >> Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Moon Veil (Non-super effective damage is reduced by 25%)
BST: 120/70/120/75/130/85 -> 120/75(+5)/135(+15)/125(+50)/140(+10)/105(+20)
New Moves: Earth Power

Concept: Mega Cress' defenses do not go up enough to quantify Leftovers loss. Instead, its ability demands that you use Super Effective hits, meaning you need a ghost, poison or steel attack to really break through.) That's not to say that weather still doesn't stop moon bitch cold, it does as her recovery is severely hampered by a lack of PP and power when not sunny or clear. Passive damage will break the moon.

Mega Shaymin
Typing: Grass
Ability: Herbal Cure (removes status effects on incoming allied pokemon)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 > 100/125(+25)/120(+20)/125(+25)/120(+20)/110(+10)
New Moves: Earthquake, Quiver Dance

Concept: Mega Shaymin is a great aid to allow your teammates to actually use REST, but be careful, it has a double edge. You will NEVER switch a status abuser in after mega Shaymin because it'll lose its boost. No Gliscor or Guts Conkeldurr wants to enter the fray.

On the other hand, you can do rest on anything else and it's practically a heal and switch deal. That is, of course, predictable, and can lead to self baiting, which is bad. Use carefully.

It's also got some extra power to abuse Quake with Sword Dance, or to go Special Seed Flare machine with Quiver Dance... doesn't fix the accuracy issues though, which probably still means its weak.

Mega Victini
Typing: Fire/Psychic -> Fire/Fairy
Ability: Absolute Victory (Victini increases accuracy of all teammates by 20%. It doesn't need to be in battle, but it must not faint or the effect disappears)
BST: 100/100/100/100/100/100 >>> 100/120(+20)/111(+11)/140(+40)/111(+11)/118(+18)
New Moves: Play Rough, Moon Blast, Stone Edge

Concept: Mega Vici is a team player. In fact, his best asset is NOT fighting and letting your teammates consider using 84 Accuracy Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast or Fire Blasts/WoWs that won't miss. In fact, Fire Blast is kinda a goto move now that it cannot miss and the boosted SpAtk of 40 pretty much demands it.

There are so many benefits to 20% accuracy that I wonder if its broken... but Victory Star is an ability that had potential that simply couldn't be tapped because it didn't help allies when you weren't in play.

A Victini set of Fireblast/Thunder/FocusNotSoMiss is now perfectly viable.

Cresselia (Cresseliite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate -> Sweet Dreams (restores 1/8 of HP each turn while asleep)
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Charm

HP: 120 -> 120
Atk: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Def: 120 -> 130 (+10)
SpA: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpD: 130 -> 150 (+20)
Spe: 85 -> 100 (+15)
BST: 600 -> 700

ResTalk is viable again! With boosted offenses it can restore even more with Draining Kiss, making it hard to take down with brute strength. However, Taunt cripples it.

Phione (Phionite)
Abilities: Hydration -> Drizzle
New Moves: Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Thunder

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpA: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)
BST: 480 -> 580

I tried to make Phione good but not too broken... while a weather ability is a bit cliché it's the best and most fitting thing to do. It serves a more bulky role as opposed to Manaphy who boosts sky high with Tail Glow.

Shaymin (Shayminite)
Type: Grass -> Grass
Abilities: Natural Cure -> Full Bloom (Lays Grassy Terrain upon switching in or Mega Evolving)
New Moves: Wish, U-turn

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)

Shaymin gets some new tools to support its team. U-turn is also good for standard Shaymin what with Natural Cure.

Victini (Victinite)
Type: Fire/Psychic -> Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Victory Star -> Victory Supernova (Increases accuracy and damage by 20%)
New Moves: Play Rough, Fire Spin

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Def: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpA: 100 -> 135 (+35)
SpD: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)

Mega Victini is incredibly powerful with a perfectly accurate Fire Blast and basically the LO boost without losing health. It is balanced by a poor defensive typing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)