Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, have you guys thought that maybe Sidney just has an illegal move on his Shif–
That wouldn't surprise me. Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are dirty cheaters. Like how Brock had his Rhyhorn have Sturdy in HeartGold and SoulSilver. (Thank goodness Sturdy wasn't changed yet)

Every pokémon has its game of birth registered as a hex number, from 0 to 255. There's Ruby, Sapphire, Colosseum, Fire Red and so on, one number for each game already released.

PokéBank's first hack check (back when only Japan had it) was as good as your grand-grandmother's eyesight. So, people used it to send Kalos-born pokémon to XY. How did they do that? They simply... gave them numbers higher than the last ones used (which I think was used for BW2). IIRC, it was "0x10" for X and "0x1A" for Y. People then realized the Kalos pentagon meant nothing and was mere redundancy; it only means the pokémon is from XY (or hacked, so welp).

Weirdly enough, however, is that four other numbers after 1A also gave the pentagon. After them, there were no more pentagons, so people speculated they would be for the next remakes, possibly Hoenn, and for the third games, possibly ZX/ZY.

And. Well. You know. Hoenn confirmed.
Let me see if I got this straight. There are only 4 numbers that show the pentagon, 1 for X, 1 for Y and 2 left. If so, this would leave us with the following scenarios:

A) Pokémon from ORAS have the pentagon: no pokémon Z, since you'd assume pokémon from Z (born in Kalos) would have a pentagon, but there won't be a hex number left for them.
This is extremely unlikely, because of Zygarde and because the 3 game thing has always made Nintendo tons of money.

B) Pokémon from ORAS don't have the pentagon: pokémon X2/Y2 confirmed: there are two hex numbers left that show a pentagon, so there's gotta be two more games after ORAS.
This seems more likely, as the Pentagon does represent Kalos and it would make sense if only pokémon from that region had it.

What I'd like to point out is: this piece of information Mario With Lasers shared is a strong indicator there will either be no third game or there will be sequels. Unless I got something backwards, a Pokémon Z doesn't make sense, for it would leave out a hex number confirmed to show a pentagon.

Let me see if I got this straight. There are only 4 numbers that show the pentagon, 1 for X, 1 for Y and 2 left. If so, this would leave us with the following scenarios:

A) Pokémon from ORAS have the pentagon: no pokémon Z, since you'd assume pokémon from Z (born in Kalos) would have a pentagon, but there won't be a hex number left for them.
This is extremely unlikely, because of Zygarde and because the 3 game thing has always made Nintendo tons of money.

B) Pokémon from ORAS don't have the pentagon: pokémon X2/Y2 confirmed: there are two hex numbers left that show a pentagon, so there's gotta be two more games after ORAS.
This seems more likely, asthe Pentagon does represent Kalos and it would make sense if only pokémon from that region had it.

What I'd like to point out is: this piece of information Mario With Lasers shared is a strong indicator there will either be no third game or there will be sequels. Unless I got something backwards, a Pokémon Z doesn't make sense, for it would leave out a hex number confirmed to show a pentagon.
Well actually it's four numbers NOT INCLUDING XY.

I've been looking at a lot of the pre-release screenshots, and I'm a little disappointed with the direction they took Hoenn--I always imagined it as a tropical island (I mean, it's got a volcano, a rainforest, a huge open-world ocean, etc, etc), and that the GBA graphics couldn't quite convey that idea. Still holding out hope that the rainforest route between Mauville and Fortree is gonna be gorgeous. Also super excited to see updated underwater sections and Sootopolis City.

This seems more likely, as the Pentagon does represent Kalos and it would make sense if only pokémon from that region had it.
Once again, this could be just leaving room for sequels if Game Freak so wishes to do that, yet they could just leave the extra hex number empty just as easily and make just Pokémon Z. Leftover, unused code is common for many games, especially Pokémon. Just look at the sheer number of tournament based ribbons that were never used.

Well actually it's four numbers NOT INCLUDING XY.
Sorry, I misread that. So we have two codes for ORAS and two left.

Once again, this could be just leaving room for sequels if Game Freak so wishes to do that, yet they could just leave the extra hex number empty just as easily and make just Pokémon Z. Leftover, unused code is common for many games, especially Pokémon. Just look at the sheer number of tournament based ribbons that were never used.

The two codes left (assuming the first two will go to ORAS) imply heavily there will be sequels. Maybe they've included ununsed codes before, but have they ever done that for this specific type of data? I, for one, could see a Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y.

Anyway, sorry for sidetracking the topic. After reading Mario With Laser's topic I thought I was on to something, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see (like always).

Could be one for Z and one for something like a remake of emerald ? I dont even understand what you guys are talking about, but I think Emerald remake is going to happen...xD

The two codes left (assuming the first two will go to ORAS) imply heavily there will be sequels. Maybe they've included ununsed codes before, but have they ever done that for this specific type of data? I, for one, could see a Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y.
Sorta. In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, there was coding for Johto as a location, just like Kanto and Hoenn. This wasn't used when HeartGold and SoulSilver was released. I've learned to be cautious when it comes to predicting the future Pokémon games after last generation. Now, I'm not saying there won't be X2 and Y2, but there's still a chance there will be only one*.

*Must resist Highlander reference.

If that is anything to go by... looks like the B2W2 model of making two "third games" made too much money for GameFreak to resist the temptation of doing it again.

...and we'll still love them for it.
It's actually a little weird that it does this. I bought both X and Y version. I also bought both Black and White Version. But I only bought Black 2. There was seriously nothing on White 2 i couldn't already get with my other games. And in fact those dual sequels were made so that I didn't even really need my White version to get everything. So unless they do something like Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygaurde Y, I don't see why I would have any motivation to buy both X2 and Y2

Also on topic with that coding, I find it REALLY unlikely that the two pentagon giving numerals are holders in case they want to do sequels. We've had this discussion before, but if they're gonna be making sequels they started conceptualizing them long before X and Y's release.

Personally I'd prefer we get the "Delta Emerald" version and just a plain old Z version anyway...

But if nothing else I think we can all assume that if something you want to get a mega doesn't get one in ORAS there will still be more megas to come later this gen XD

(lol, I typed way too slow and everyone said all the stuff I'm saying before i posted, but w/e)

Sorta. In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, there was coding for Johto as a location, just like Kanto and Hoenn. This wasn't used when HeartGold and SoulSilver was released. I've learned to be cautious when it comes to predicting the future Pokémon games after last generation. Now, I'm not saying there won't be X2 and Y2, but there's still a chance there will be only one*.

*Must resist Highlander reference.
I dont actually think thre will be a Z or a X2 and Y2...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Could be one for Z and one for something like a remake of emerald ? I dont even understand what you guys are talking about, but I think Emerald remake is going to happen...xD
I really, really doubt there will be an Emerald remake. At least not in the same generation as ORAS.

Story issues aside, and apart from the fact that ORAS could give us anything Emerald did anyway, it's simply too much work for too little gain.

There's a lot of work involved in making a Pokémon game. Scripting, coding, modelling areas/set designs, and so forth. Typically, in a generation, GameFreak has been shown to create one "pioneer game", then split it into two slightly different versions (and the split itself will happen fairly late in development. After all, all things considered, 99 % of the content is the same between versions). They will also re-create an earlier game, using much of the content and area design as the first one. While work is happening on this, another team of creators will go over the pioneer games again and add some content to make into a "third version".
This reworking of the pioneer games into a third version is more work than splitting a game into paired versions, but way less than creating an entire new region, and way, way, way less than making an entirely new game. Still, there's considerable effort and resources put into it, and it requires enough man-hours to keep the entire staff at GameFreak occupied. There wouldn't be enough staff available to rework two regions simultaneously. The "main team" would be working on the next generation/remaking an old game (currently occupied with ORAS), while "team two" rework the pioneer games of the generation (currently occupied with "Z"). Reworking the pioneer games and the remakes would interrupt the work schedule, and possibly the release schedule too. GameFreak and Nintendo know the projected lifetime of the 3DS, and plan their game releases accordingly. Approximate release dates for all of the Gen. VII games and spinoffs are probably planned out already.

And on the "gain" side of things, well, I doubt an Emerald remake would sell as well after ORAS, or ORAS wouldn't sell as well before an Emerald remake. It would have to have features not in ORAS to be worth a purchase, but doing so would require the designers to hold features back from ORAS - which would hurt its marketability. Stuff like the Battle Frontier is a major selling point and nostalgia element from the Hoenn games, and it would be silly of GameFreak not to include it in ORAS. Keeping it out could hurt sales, and people wouldn't be happy to have to buy more or less the exact same game later to get it.
The reason why they can do third games in the first place, is because of the novelty factor of the pioneer games. They give us an entire new generation of stuff to play with, stuff we've never seen before, and when the third game comes out, it will bring even more stuff we've never seen before. A remake, however, is basically stuff we've seen before, updated to the standards of today, with a few added bells and whistles. If ORAS held back features (the bells and whistles), it would quickly run out of selling points, especially considering that for the Emerald remake to be an Emerald remake, ORAS would miss stuff from Emerald - giving Emerald more features than ORAS, so to say. How does "hey, we remade a region you used to like, but we took away some of the most beloved features!" sound in a marketing campaign?
Keep in mind that for Pokémon, fan buzz on the Internet would make up most of the marketing. If GameFreak does a poor job with ORAS, the world will know it, and quickly, and it WILL have a major impact on sales. GameFreak need ORAS to be as good as they can, to generate sales (and money back for the resources put into development). They can afford to hold back features such as a Battle Frontier from pioneer games, because there is so much else that's new and shiny to keep the fans satisfied, but if features are missing from a remake... the fans will be rioting.

Welp, I'm rambling now. It's 1 AM here, please bear with me...

Also, look at the stuff that made Emerald a better game than Ruby/Sapphire back in the day: Animated sprites, a different story, new moves to tutor, reworked gyms, a battle frontier, more Pokémon available. Many of these things have become staples of later generations. The Pokémon roster is greatly expanded from back in the day. So are movepools. Pokémon models move now, sprites is no selling point any more. Many features that were in Emerald put not in R/S are pretty much guaranteed to be in ORAS because they have become "standard procedure" in games made since. Given that the Battle Frontier will be in ORAS (and I think it will, it's too craved for GameFreak to dare keeping it out), there wouldn't be much left for an Emerald remake to differentiate itself from ORAS. Of course, you could always add new features, but then you wouldn't have an Emerald remake any more. It would be an entirely new Hoenn game.

TL;DR: The trademark "Delta Emerald" was probably registered by GameFreak to prevent others from taking it. It's been done before.

Speaking of clothes and fashion and what-not, is everyone as hyped for new clothes and hairstyles as I am? :D
...No? OK.
I would be hyped if there was any confirmation that changing clothes is a thing in ORAS. It's entirely possible that to enhance the nostalgia, they're sticking with Brendan and May in their default clothing.

I would be hyped if there was any confirmation that changing clothes is a thing in ORAS. It's entirely possible that to enhance the nostalgia, they're sticking with Brendan and May in their default clothing.
Or to make room for the sheer amount of 'Super' Secret Base decorations that will be available. I kind of doubt there would be enough room on the game card for both along with everything else included like brand new Mega Evolutions and...cos-play Pikachu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)