Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Only Nature Reserve Haxorus, Lake of Rage Gyarados and a few Wondercard pokémon (Crown Beasts, some random Milotic, a Hydreigon/Golurk from some Gen V movie) would be always-shiny.

I only care about shiny locks if we get Birth/Faraway Island back. Literally anything catchable in ORAS will be available in Gen III-V games besides Deoxys and Mew (for now), so I could just RNG them if I wanted to.

Only Nature Reserve Haxorus, Lake of Rage Gyarados and a few Wondercard pokémon (Crown Beasts, some random Milotic, a Hydreigon/Golurk from some Gen V movie) would be always-shiny.

I only care about shiny locks if we get Birth/Faraway Island back. Literally anything catchable in ORAS will be available in Gen III-V games besides Deoxys and Mew (for now), so I could just RNG them if I wanted to.
They wouldn't have the little pentagon though.

There's also the shiny Gible (Black 2) and shiny Dratini (White 2) you get from beating the Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Yes, well, apologies to everyone for screwing up terms.

The new Moonblast Jirachi Japan gets is one more for that wonder card list btw.

It's in Japanese but more secret base stuff, mostly gameplay:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. It shows a few cuts of the experience of visiting bases made by other players now in your game (it show the little flag with the player's name) Anyway it looks like ORAS is including the feature where you pick a trainer arch type (like Bug Catcher or Youngster) that other people view you as in multiplayer features. Or at least for when they view you in your base. I always really loved getting to do this. I hope they have a lot of cool trainer options available to everyone (unlike that thing were your file only has 4 random options....)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
9 Tales of Ninetales, this isn't aimed at you specifically (it's more of a general housekeeping message), but please edit posts instead of double posting. Double posting makes more work for the moderators who have to merge your posts in order to keep the thread readable. Thanks!

Besides, it's not like I care. I would know they are legit because myself would have caught them, and it's not like Mew/Deoxys would be allowed in tourneys anyway.
But the trios and quartet legends thar aren't allowed due to the lack of the symbol hurts the official competition right? So quite a few of them must be available in ORAS... Why exactly were the bird trio in XY? Was it ever explained or were they going for the nostalgia factor?

But the trios and quartet legends thar aren't allowed due to the lack of the symbol hurts the official competition right? So quite a few of them must be available in ORAS... Why exactly were the bird trio in XY? Was it ever explained or were they going for the nostalgia factor?
Probably, to be quite honest. And I guess they were considered hard to get now since they were last available in HGSS, which was 2009 and even then requires two transfers. This is why I think they'll include the Johto legends in ORAS.

Probably, to be quite honest. And I guess they were considered hard to get now since they were last available in HGSS, which was 2009 and even then requires two transfers. This is why I think they'll include the Johto legends in ORAS.
Hard to get? Wait a minute...
Remember when they had the Hoenn legendaries in HGSS?

SINNOH LEGENDARIES IN AROS CONFIRMED

Hard to get? Wait a minute...
Remember when they had the Hoenn legendaries in HGSS?

SINNOH LEGENDARIES IN AROS CONFIRMED
Remember when they put the lesser Hoenn and Sinnoh legendaries in BW2?

I wouldn't be surprised if they thought it was a good idea to stick the musketeers in ORAS, or some other similar setup using non-mascot legendary trios.
Even if they've been burning through them pretty quick...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, ORAS will allow a lot of legendaries to have the pentagon, but I meant I won't care because I can get them in older games already, shiny or not, except for those two which are banned anyway.

"But you can't use your shiny Regice from Platinum" yeah but so what lol, I can catch a non-shiny one in ORAS. My "worry" is that ORAS could have catchable Mew/Deoxys for the first time in millennia but shiny locked.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
They wouldn't have the little pentagon though.
Even if they didn't (and they will, or some form of it), who cares? The lack of a pentagon doesn't prevent you from using said Pokemon except outside of official events, and online tourneys which explicitly prevent non-pentagon Pokemon.

I could see Eon Island being accessible, but instead of being where you would get the other lati, it would be where you chase down the lati of your version and where you'd grab your lati@site

Birth Island & Faraway Island? not a chance

Maaaaaybe Naval Island? Not like Lugia & Ho-oh are events anymore and i'm sure you could have something in place to prevent you from going top to bottom on go one
I'd like to see WiFi events for the Aurora Ticket and Old Sea Map though. The puzzles to get Deoxys and Mew actually looked kinda fun.

They could add Southern Island and Navel Rock to the actual games and have it function like you said (or just make Lugia/Ho-Oh version exclusives).

Last edited:

Technically, if you still have the My Pokemon Ranch thing for the Wii, after depositing 1000 Pokemon you can trade Hayley for a Mew, making that obtainable outside an event. I don't think that was affected by wireless services being shut down, but correct me if I'm wrong. That leaves only Deoxys.

Nah, nah, you're absolutely right. Off the top of my head, Celebi, Arceus, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygard, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem are all shinylocked.
And don't forget Jirac–Oh nevermind, I forgot THE SAME ASSHOLES THAT ONLY SEND CRAP ON WONDER TRADE ARE GETTING A SHINY JIRACHI

Technically, if you still have the My Pokemon Ranch thing for the Wii, after depositing 1000 Pokemon you can trade Hayley for a Mew, making that obtainable outside an event. I don't think that was affected by wireless services being shut down, but correct me if I'm wrong. That leaves only Deoxys.
It makes me sad that I actually spent money on that god forsaken game. It makes me even more sad that I had Pearl stolen and that I gave away Diamond to a friend who wanted to play my old games. Only left with Platinum now, which is the only one incompatible with My Pokémon Ranch unless you got the Japanese version of it anyway. The things I discover too late.

Changing the subject a bit.

What do you guys think about how Braille is going to be implemented in this game? Finding out that you had to have Wailord and Relicanth to unlock the Regi Trio and that you had to make complicated movements to even unlock their chambers makes me wonder how this message will be distributed to the player in-game. When I played the original Ruby and Sapphire games I asked my friends about what those weird dots were all about. One of them said it was the language of the blind which my other friend immediately called BS on since it would be cruel to put a language that only blind people could read in a video game. I never bothered with it until around 2005. My parents bought a computer and I discovered the Internet and Google. Even so, implementing this method again would be incredibly confusing for those who never caught on during the release of the original games. Then again there is the Internet, but why make it so inconvenient? Is it because it wouldn't make much sense flavour-wise to have them obtainable in a different way? Were they not Roaming Pokémon because they would be slow as hell in reality? Who knows.

Hopefully these Pokémon won't be restricted by locations only obtainable through Event items like the Eon Ticket, although it would make them a little more valuable. Who the hell accepts to offer a Kyogre for a Raticate? The GTS has been a helpful tool for us to complete our Pokedex's since the days of DPP, even more so in XY since the total amount of Pokémon exceeds 700 species. It has become somewhat ridiculous now given the stupid things people request for.

Also, prepare for Gabby and Ty in glorious 3D. I'm praying that you can create your own message during the interview you receive after battling them. I'm totally going to goof off a bit if records can be mixed again. Watching television and seeing your friends' responses will prove to be hilarious. "Now that your skills as a trainer have bested ours, how would you describe your feelings about this battle? 'LUMPY AND MOIST' Did you hear that folks? Trainer Aiden feels 'LUMPY AND MOIST' after giving our Pokémon a thorough beat down. Thanks for watching!"

The Braille is fairly, what's the word...iconic( ? ) of the regi, so I'm sure they'll keep that in but will either:
-Make sure to have it in the manual
-have a place in-game that tells you what it is
-Do what BW2 did and eventually give you an item that will translate the braille for you if you have it
-all of the above

GAWOSSS

Banned deucer.
i have a question that has not been answered yet why do Brendan and may have no pokenav on them in there art work?

i have a question that has not been answered yet why do Brendan and may have no pokenav on them in there art work?
From the looks of things, it seems that RS Brendan was the only person who had a visible Pokénav anyway. I expect that it will be re-introduced in ORAS, as it did have some functionalities (Match Call comes to mind) that I don't think Game Freak would want to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)