Serious Please help me

Don't take medical advice from the internet...

But go to the doctor and get it checked out, they might be able to do something to mitigate it. I suggest monitoring your dietary habits, your sleep habits (do you get enough sleep, is it interrupted, do you sleep at regular times, do you take stimulants before you sleep, do you use screens before you sleep), what times this stuff occurs and if you've been consuming stuff like caffeine beforehand, does it happen if you're at a computer and haven't been taking breaks etc., and writing it down. That kind of information will be immensely useful to a doctor. Any sort of pattern you can find may be helpful.

Do you notice anything unusual about the movements? Are they completely involuntary, jerky, anything like that? I used to have episodes like these in the mornings and my neurologist now believes it was juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and I was having miniseizures. However, it's far less likely you have this condition than something like a tic or jitteriness (or indeed just hyperactivity); it's just useful to try to observe as much as you can about how your behaviour presents.

Even if it's just hyperactivity, which sounds pretty likely, it sounds like it's very distracting and if it's stopping you from carrying out your normal activities or causing you distress/discomfort then you should see a doctor.

edit: I should reiterate that I highly doubt you are having seizures. I was trying to demonstrate how observing different things about the nature of the action can help differentiate symptoms. These movements were highly involuntary and jerky; once I accidentally kicked a hole in the wall because my leg shot out spontaneously. I later experienced prolonged spasms around my facial muscles, as well as one of my hands flapping violently. I was unable to stop or respond to the situation until the seizure abated. However, I am a very fidgety person and wriggle/bounce/move around a lot, which is motivated by restlessness and excess energy; I am generally fully in control of these movements, they are just impulsive and I may do them unthinkingly.

Last edited:
Don't take medical advice from the internet...

But go to the doctor and get it checked out, they might be able to do something to mitigate it. I suggest monitoring your dietary habits, your sleep habits (do you get enough sleep, is it interrupted, do you sleep at regular times, do you take stimulants before you sleep, do you use screens before you sleep), what times this stuff occurs and if you've been consuming stuff like caffeine beforehand, does it happen if you're at a computer and haven't been taking breaks etc., and writing it down. That kind of information will be immensely useful to a doctor. Any sort of pattern you can find may be helpful.

Do you notice anything unusual about the movements? Are they completely involuntary, jerky, anything like that? I used to have episodes like these in the mornings and my neurologist now believes it was juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and I was having miniseizures. However, it's far less likely you have this condition than something like a tic or jitteriness (or indeed just hyperactivity); it's just useful to try to observe as much as you can about how your behaviour presents.

Even if it's just hyperactivity, which sounds pretty likely, it sounds like it's very distracting and if it's stopping you from carrying out your normal activities or causing you distress/discomfort then you should see a doctor.

edit: I should reiterate that I highly doubt you are having seizures. I was trying to demonstrate how observing different things about the nature of the action can help differentiate symptoms. These movements were highly involuntary and jerky; once I accidentally kicked a hole in the wall because my leg shot out spontaneously. I later experienced prolonged spasms around my facial muscles, as well as one of my hands flapping violently. I was unable to stop or respond to the situation until the seizure abated. However, I am a very fidgety person and wriggle/bounce/move around a lot, which is motivated by restlessness and excess energy; I am generally fully in control of these movements, they are just impulsive and I may do them unthinkingly.
I usually get 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and I also check my Smogon account before hitting the hay. The movements are more like walking around randomly, and when I'm not holding something my fingers sometimes (albeit rarely) make random movements. I sometimes take caffeine (mainly in Starbucks) and I don't use stimulants. The movements seem to calm down when I'm at a computer, however.

I usually get 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and I also check my Smogon account before hitting the hay. The movements are more like walking around randomly, and when I'm not holding something my fingers sometimes (albeit rarely) make random movements. I sometimes take caffeine (mainly in Starbucks) and I don't use stimulants. The movements seem to calm down when I'm at a computer, however.
Sorry, caffeine is a stimulant. If you're not constantly drinking coffee and/or energy drinks and/or consuming other things with caffeine in them it's probably not that, but stuff like that is useful to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)