Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
According to Post 27: AG thinks that this game not be treated as a pure NOC. I don't know much about who was cleaned and who wasn't, but if there are a lot of soldiers of gondor and rohirrim, I think the only reason to not treat this game as a pure NOC is if you are actually a power role. Either AG is a power role for us or not allied with us, I think he would have claimed to LightWolf most certainly, but Paperblade does not trust him else he would not be given this FoS lynch. Should AG be a Soldier or Rohirrim, I think he would have preferred the NOC approach as it gives more power or incentive to him to be involved in the game. Preferring a NOC-less approach also allows power roles / mafia members would want.

Post #338 randomly decides to call out Paperblade with minimal reasoning. #397 calls out Paperblade for buddying with Eagle4, ironically, of minimal reasoning. So there is a clear dislike established against Paperblade. If AG is mafia, this is extremely sloppy, considering that this looks like Paperblade may have been known by the mafia and tried to make him a target for the village to lynch. If AG is village, this just looks like a random FoS onto him for reasons that I do not understand.

I would like to ask Aura Guardian to post, explaining his reasoning behind his hatred of Paperblade before I make a lynch vote.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AG did not claim power role to LW, which is pretty damning on your first point.

The combination of LW being suspicious (and his lynches have been dead on) paired with that is enough for me to Vote Aura Guardian, although I am willing to change if he can make a compelling response to this...

Lynch Aura Guardian

Check out post #412, he jumped on the chance to lynch Metal Sonic a little too quickly. Coupled with what Snype said and I think he's a baddie.

Snype: How was my explanation for distrust of Paperblade then not self-explanatory? All he did was jump behind the decision of someone else and agree with them on it, not contributing at all despite not having a confirmed leader of any sort at the time. As for the first point: that was before I realized how many rohirrim and fellow gondor soldiers there are. And some theorizations. It was what looked to be best at the time, and as you can see, it's not behaving like a pure NOC now, so I was right - well, maybe. It looks like it might be changing soon. But the existence of power roles, and of talking out of the thread at night, was the main core of why I felt that way.

Nachos: Yeah, because I find his style annoying.

Anyway, Lynch Steven Snype - I was already getting lynched, and you jump on with more evidence - fine in theory, but the way you did it reeks of bandwagoning to me. Also for being so wrong about how I'd prefer to play this one, saying I'd prefer the pure NOC approach.

Also still suspicious of Paperblade.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Snype: How was my explanation for distrust of Paperblade then not self-explanatory? All he did was jump behind the decision of someone else and agree with them on it, not contributing at all despite not having a confirmed leader of any sort at the time. As for the first point: that was before I realized how many rohirrim and fellow gondor soldiers there are. And some theorizations. It was what looked to be best at the time, and as you can see, it's not behaving like a pure NOC now, so I was right - well, maybe. It looks like it might be changing soon. But the existence of power roles, and of talking out of the thread at night, was the main core of why I felt that way.
Your post at the time was talking about three different things and the way the post was made just looked so random as if you meant you wanted to say more about why Paperblade is suspicious or just use the ellipses as intending to say "i could go on, but these are the main points i could get across". That is what I took away from your post.

Anyway, Lynch Steven Snype - I was already getting lynched, and you jump on with more evidence - fine in theory, but the way you did it reeks of bandwagoning to me. Also for being so wrong about how I'd prefer to play this one, saying I'd prefer the pure NOC approach.

Also still suspicious of Paperblade.
When you were "already getting lynched," it is just a FoS. The term you're using is something people say when they admit defeat. It was literally only Paperblade voting at the time and yes, I provided an analysis based on those pieces of evidence. I ask you to elaborate about how you think I am bandwagoning and how it means you think I am scummy, but this analogy between how you think I must be scummy because of bandwagoning has the same level of reasoning as it was when you thought Paperblade was scummy at the time of your post. Even with the clarification you made about it when asked just now, unlike what Paperblade did, I actually looked at posts and provided my thoughts on it.

Furthermore, why are you still suspicious of Paperblade?

Because of using the same unclear reasoning why someone should be scum twice in a row and still being suspicious of someone who looks pretty clean considering there is no counterclaim to a role like Paperblade's or even another "Frodo/Sam" pair calling him out on his bullshit while still lynching someone else, I do not think that Aura Guardian is aligned with Middle Earth and should be lynched.

Lynch Aura Guardian

You may have missed what I thought obvious in my recent post, namely that I didn't remember the opposing evidence.

And for the lynch vs FoS: yeah, like it was going to be anything else, since there's not much a vanilla can do to prove innocence against that.

Perhaps I should clarify: I knew at the start that this would be a full lynch, and there was pretty much no way to prevent it. However, from this, I hope you guys take a little more caution. As such, I'm now just trying to air what suspicions I've had so far, so you can take a look at them later, when I'm 100% cleaned by lynch.

GL Middle Earth, I suspect Snype.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't see this changing, and there's no real discussion happening.

Aura Guardian protests but finally just gives up as you all surround him. He was a Soldier of Gondor.

It is now Night 8. Night 8 ends in 26 hours, or at Midnight EDT July 29th. OC.

So I haven't said anything in a long time, it's hard for us to do anything at all when every day has been LW say a target, everybody lynch the target. it honestly feels like we set ourselves up to lose by doing exactly what US said in the OP shouldn't work. I'm honestly not sure how to go about remedying this.

So I haven't said anything in a long time, it's hard for us to do anything at all when every day has been LW say a target, everybody lynch the target. it honestly feels like we set ourselves up to lose by doing exactly what US said in the OP shouldn't work. I'm honestly not sure how to go about remedying this.
I agree here, which is why I am asking people talk now. But I don't want to play the blame game right now, I want to win. So I'm gonna lay it out for you guys:

We do not have any more info roles. All of our power roles remaining are defensive in nature or Frodo. Most players alive are either evil, a soldier of gondor, or a member of the Rohirrim. So, we have two options

1. Randlynch every day and hope we win
2. Talk and try to find bad dudes that way

That means not sheeping whoever makes a case, not just posting a vote and nothing else. If you can't be assed to post or care, kill yourself so that we don't waste time trying to figure out who you're with.

Huh, I guess I missed that. That is rather unfortunate. So we have 7 forces of sauron down if my count is correct. Going forward we seem to have Gollum + between 1-2 Sauron forces left. That means randing is a pretty shitty option, although i do agree with using the Riders of Rohirrim. I'll try to look through the early days of people talking to come up with suspects by tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)