Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I'm on OS X 10.9.4, just downloaded the desktop version of PS from the website to replace an older version I had. The new one reads "Version 0.2.0 (1700.107)." My problem is occurring sporadically when I'm in the teambuilder, once when I clicked the gender/shiny box and once when I was editing EVs. This is the output: (Uncaught node.js Error)

Code:
TypeError
    at createBound (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/lib/lodash.compat.js?80903af9:688:17)
    at Function.bind (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/lib/lodash.compat.js?80903af9:4250:11)
    at exports.TeambuilderRoom.exports.Room.extend.chartChange (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/client-teambuilder.js?142c8a4b:1304:71)
    at HTMLInputElement.bound (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/lib/lodash.compat.js?80903af9:718:21)
    at HTMLDivElement.o.event.dispatch (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/lib/jquery-2.1.0.min.js:3:6055)
    at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/lib/jquery-2.1.0.min.js:3:2830)
I then have to quit the application. Should I just go back to using the older version I had before? It billed itself as 29.0.1547.31 (1547.31).

Edit: I didn't keep a copy of the older version, so I can't revert. Will a fix for this be coming soon?

Seriously is there any fix for the teambuilder issue? Not being able to edit a team is a substantial issue for the simulator. I'm using the browser version in the meantime, but it really is not preferable.

hello, please i make a server, i need to setup it before confirmation, but i don't know how :( , can someone help me to fix this ?

operating system : windows xp
browser : chrome
ps username : heracrossdude
prob: how to setup my server ?

1. OS X 10.9.4
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Firefox, Safari, Chrome(on android phone--> it worked)
  4. yesterday
  5. dezonmatta/runnin testss
  6. I can't connect to the Smogon University (official server) or the Smogon Tournaments server, but I have no problem connecting to the other servers.

Keep us updated. Does that problem persist ? Did you try in another computer ?

Is this the same thing between http:// and https:// ? Also, please check your firewall settings or try to disable it in order to connect to PS.

1. Windows 7 SP1
  2. Chrome
  3. Yes, IE9
  4. June
  5. A Rude Name
  6. Any time I try and battle on Showdown, my PC shuts down and reboots with no warning or time to react. I have checked the hardware and it's all fine, I can run any Steam game on my PC without any problems. When I'm not using Showdown CPU usage is at ~0-20% and when I am using Showdown it jumps to 20-30%, which is unlikely to overheat my PC. I have updated Flash, Java and my graphics drivers to try and resolve the problem but no dice. I've tried using Google but it seems no one else is having my problem. I've also ran Malwarebytes and AVG scanned and there is no problems there. Any help?

Ok so if i understood correctly the two threads to be read before posting, when i find an original bug, which isn't reported in those two threads, i must create a new thread. Is that it ?

If so, my problem is that during one battle out of two on PS! ( i download the launcher so i don't play via my browser which is Chrome ) , my computer suddenly crashes. There's a big freeze and i have to restart the computer.

It happens only during battles. I'm under Wdws XP.

Any idea guys ? I would very grateful if you could help me !

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you're using Windows XP you're going to have problems with a lot more than just Pokemon Showdown...

Regardless, try using the browser version.

Please get a recent and true web browser (IE is deprecated.....) like Google Chrome or Firefox: the latest release is a good choice. Also, PS doesn't use Java or flash, so i guess the problem is from your PC. If this issue persists, you have to format your PC :/

Edit: Oh, nevermind, please forget my first phrase.

1. Windows 8
  2. Firefox 31.0 (latest version)
  3. I also tried Chrome, but Chrome doesn't have this problem.
  4. Since there was the major server crash a few days ago. So around the first days of August.
  5. 11:11am
  6. Showdown on Firefox doesn't show the 6th gen animations anymore, it's back to the 5th gen images and drawings for Megas and 6th gen pokemon. Sometimes, it shows animations for the HP bar and the moves, but that only happens once in a while. Oddly enough, it only affects the play, but the replay has animations like usual. Like I said earlier, Chrome doesn't have this problem. The 6th gen animations are there in Chrome. https didn't help, and taking out the user styles didn't change.

hello, there is always a crash error when i want to build my server :
CRASH: Error: write EINVAL - cannot write to IPC channel.
at errnoException (child_process.js:1001:11)
at ChildProcess.target.send (child_process.js:465:16)
at Worker.send (cluster.js:406:21)
at sendInternalMessage (cluster.js:399:10)
at handleResponse (cluster.js:177:5)
at respond (cluster.js:192:5)
at Object.messageHandler.queryServer (cluster.js:247:5)
at handleMessage (cluster.js:197:32)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:117:20)
at handleMessage (child_process.js:322:10)

i wish you could help me

Hello, the PokeCommunity server has been experiencing technical difficulties with our battles. For the past three days, battles have stopped functioning after roughly 18 hours of server uptime. This occurs each time after a server restart. This error message is constantly repeated in logs/errors.txt:

RangeError: length > kMaxLength
at new Buffer (buffer.js:243:21)
at StreamReader._readBuffer (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser/stream_reader.js:17:16)
at StreamReader.read (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser/stream_reader.js:7:15)
at instance.parse (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser.js:139:33)
at Socket.WebSocket (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket.js:70:33)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:96:17)
at TCP.onread (net.js:397:14)

Apparently it has something to do with a file using more memory than Node.js allows, but we don't know which file that is. The second time this happened out of 3-4 times, another error message in the Lobby was displayed shortly after the restart. Unlike the other occurrences, this didn't take ~18 hours to happen.

THE SERVER HAS CRASHED: ReferenceError: setImmediate is not defined
at User.prepBattle (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/users.js:1170:4)
Please restart the server.

The code it's referring to is here (the line number is different because of recent changes made to the file). We have updated Node.js and the server files. Users.js has not been altered in any way, and other changes have been very minimal and unrelated to the battle code. I don't know the OS that's used on our server host's PC, but I can ask him and update this post if necessary. Please help if you can.

Hello, the PokeCommunity server has been experiencing technical difficulties with our battles. For the past three days, battles have stopped functioning after roughly 18 hours of server uptime. This occurs each time after a server restart. This error message is constantly repeated in logs/errors.txt:

RangeError: length > kMaxLength
at new Buffer (buffer.js:243:21)
at StreamReader._readBuffer (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser/stream_reader.js:17:16)
at StreamReader.read (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser/stream_reader.js:7:15)
at instance.parse (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket/hybi_parser.js:139:33)
at Socket.WebSocket (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/node_modules/sockjs/node_modules/faye-websocket/lib/faye/websocket.js:70:33)
at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:96:17)
at TCP.onread (net.js:397:14)

Apparently it has something to do with a file using more memory than Node.js allows, but we don't know which file that is. The second time this happened out of 3-4 times, another error message in the Lobby was displayed shortly after the restart. Unlike the other occurrences, this didn't take ~18 hours to happen.

THE SERVER HAS CRASHED: ReferenceError: setImmediate is not defined
at User.prepBattle (/home/cbcpoke/public_html/users.js:1170:4)
Please restart the server.

The code it's referring to is here (the line number is different because of recent changes made to the file). We have updated Node.js and the server files. Users.js has not been altered in any way, and other changes have been very minimal and unrelated to the battle code. I don't know the OS that's used on our server host's PC, but I can ask him and update this post if necessary. Please help if you can.
Make sure that you have the latest version of faye-websocket installed (0.7.2). i.e. run
Code:
npm install faye-websocket@0.7.2

1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m
  3. Also tried Firefox but as expected it didn't do anything.
  4. I first noticed it yesterday
  5. Only Cowards Run
  6. Whenever I try to connect to PS I get a message that says "Your IP is not allowed to connect to PS, because it has been used to spam, hack, or otherwise attack our server. Make sure you are not using any proxies to connect to PS." I'm not using a proxy and, unless ive been hacking in my sleep, I haven't attacked PS's servers. I have no idea whats going on so I figured someone else might.

1: Windows 7
2: Firefox (latest version)
3: tried chrome and it works, but i like to use firefox cause im more comfortable with it.
4: couple of days ago. (august 12th..ish)
5: smellyfaces
6: whenever i try to open team builder my browser completely freezes for approximately 10 seconds, then loads all the pokemon. then it does the same thing trying to load the items. it just has such huge lag spikes but only when selecting pokemon and/or items. i have updated my flash player, shockwave, and cleared my cookies. any idea why? =/

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome
3. I tried other browsers, same problem appears
4. A few moments ago
5. Alpha
6. I cannot get a battle, I keep getting "Error: Socket Hang Up," what is the problem here?

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome
3. I tried other browsers, same problem appears
4. A few moments ago
5. Alpha
6. I cannot get a battle, I keep getting "Error: Socket Hang Up," what is the problem here?
That's a problem with the ladder, not a problem on your end so it affects everyone. It happens every once in a while and usually gets fixed after a short amount of time.

Alright, thanks. Is there a way to know when it will be happening?
I'm not really sure, it seems to occur near the same time of day each time and I suspect it has to do with the amount of users online at that time. It always gives that "Error: Socket Hang Up" message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)