Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does the shiny charm work, like in the games coding?
Like does it give you another TSV or something?

I already collected some pokemon from events a while ago in HGSS etc, I heard that as long as I have the what are they called? Event card things in my pokemon game I can reset my save file after transering them to another generation and go to a pokemart and collect the pokemon again, is this true?

Stupid question, is it possible to RNG on gen 3 games? I have multiple GBA and DSes.
Still want the answers for the top two. And how hard is it to rng lati@s in SER?

Still want the answers for the top two. And how hard is it to rng lati@s in SER?
I'll take a crack at answering your questions to the best of my abilities (and to the extant of my knowledge). I'm sure others with more in-depth and/or correct information will correct me answer you (eventually).

• Shiny Charm
  1. I believe it just makes an extra call or two for each encounter/egg. Normally, an encounter/egg is allowed a single call for a shiny value (in 6th gen), and that is what the 'mon will have: ex. a random encounter with a Starly, and is assigned the [shiny] value of 1234, whereas your Trainer Shiny Value is 1000. This particular Starly will, of course, not be shiny, unless...
  2. With the Shiny Charm, the Starly from the previous encounter would be allowed an extra call or two (I don't know the exact number of extra calls) if the current value does not match the player's. Instead of the Starly getting the value 1234, the game will call for another one. This time, let's say it's 1000 - a match. The Starly will be shiny, whereas without the Shiny Charm it would've not been.
  • Wondercards
  1. They are associated with a particular save file. Meaning, that if you were to reset your save file, you would also lose your Wondercards.
  • Lati@s in SER?
  1. I don't know what SER is, so I can't help you. It isn't an abbreviation for any main series game, or any major location in any game (maybe HGSS, seeing as I've never played them).

I hope I've helped you, in whatever minuscule way possible. I also apologize for the mess that is this post...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
  • Lati@s in SER?
  1. I don't know what SER is, so I can't help you. It isn't an abbreviation for any main series game, or any major location in any game (maybe HGSS, seeing as I've never played them).
I hope I've helped you, in whatever minuscule way possible. I also apologize for the mess that is this post...

I assume SER is actually RSE... At least that's what I'm thinking. Your best bet is to ask up in the Wifi Forum, they are the best at RNG.

Does anyone know how to get a self destructing snorlax on x/y? Any help would be appreciated.
It must be bred with a Snorlax that already knows Self-Destruct, which is learned from either Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness tutor or the PokeWalker app/device thingy. I'd suggest checking out some of the trade threads in the WiFi section for one.

EDIT:
Oh, yeah. Of course I'd forget the part where the Full Incense is required -_-

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get a self destructing snorlax on x/y? Any help would be appreciated.
Iirc Munchlax gets it by breeding. OFC you'll have to use the Full Incense (You can buy that it Courmarine) with a Snorlax to get said Munchlax
So good luck with that XD

Edit: remember kids, check your facts.
Edit2: eh I was half right. It's a combination of breeding a Munchlax and having the move from an earlier generation
Kinda like Volt Tackle, except somehow MORE of a pain.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Ask in the Simple Questions / Simple Requests Thread in the Wifi forum here. :) Somebody there is likely to be willing to trade one (or its unevolved form, munchlax) with you. It'd definitely help if you have something valuable to offer in return.

Welcome to Smogon! :)

EDIT: Wow, last in a long line of responses. That...is actually a really good thing, lol. :)

How do you get hatching power S? I saw someone use it and was wondering how you get it.
Only through powersaves. Have fun hacking your game! :p

Basically, it's fully coded, just not available in-game thus far.
I too was eagerly awaiting an answer, hoping to increase my egg capacity, only to realize they haven't opened it to us yet? -.- How cruel of Game Freak.
What, Hatching Power? You get it in Lumiose in one of the cafes from Mr. Bonds once you max out your style. I forget precisely which one it is, but it's there if you've been using the TMV or buying the other starters' Mega Stones and stuff in Lumiose proper. Even dining in the restaurants like Le Wow.

What, Hatching Power? You get it in Lumiose in one of the cafes from Mr. Bonds once you max out your style. I forget precisely which one it is, but it's there if you've been using the TMV or buying the other starters' Mega Stones and stuff in Lumiose proper. Even dining in the restaurants like Le Wow.
No, they meant Hatching Power S. A special O-Power. I think you get O-Power S from playing in a Pokemon Centre, but I have no idea what that is and may not even be related.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
No, they meant Hatching Power S. A special O-Power. I think you get O-Power S from playing in a Pokemon Centre, but I have no idea what that is and may not even be related.
Oh, really? I didn't know about the Pokemon Centres thing. You might be able to get Hatching Power S there if you have seen it flying around the PSS, but I haven't found anything through research indicating the Pokemon Centres thing. You'd think that they woukd advertise it more if it was there... IDRK though.

Oh, okay...first I heard of it though... Eh, I'll just stick with Talonflame and Hatching Power level 3. For most things I'm hatching that more than suffices (though Goomy take a surprisingly long time to hatch) and I'd probably still just do four eggs at a time. It's not like there's ever going to be a Pokemon Center around here in Canada anyway, at least not a physical one.

How do you get hatching power S? I saw someone use it and was wondering how you get it.
Only through powersaves. Have fun hacking your game! :p

Basically, it's fully coded, just not available in-game thus far.
I too was eagerly awaiting an answer, hoping to increase my egg capacity, only to realize they haven't opened it to us yet? -.- How cruel of Game Freak.
Oh, okay...first I heard of it though... Eh, I'll just stick with Talonflame and Hatching Power level 3. For most things I'm hatching that more than suffices (though Goomy take a surprisingly long time to hatch) and I'd probably still just do four eggs at a time. It's not like there's ever going to be a Pokemon Center around here in Canada anyway, at least not a physical one.
This has been discussed a little in the Give O-Power thread, and I'll just leave this here:
O-Power S has been legally available

I hope this is the right place to ask - in Pokemon Trozei, how do I get the Pokemon I haven't yet Trozeid in a certain area? Do I just play that area again or do I need to do something special? One of the tips I received said that I can see different Pokemon depending on how I played so 'try different styles', what does that mean?

I have the pokemon colosseum English bonus disc and I was was wondering if it's possible to RNG the jirachi you get from it, such as getting it shiny etc.

I have the pokemon colosseum English bonus disc and I was was wondering if it's possible to RNG the jirachi you get from it, such as getting it shiny etc.
the hack check thread thingy said:
Generation 3 wonder card style events cannot be RNG manipulated at all. This includes the Bonus Disc / Channel Jirachi (aka, any jirachi with Body Slam) and Extremespeed Zigzagoon. Any flawless variety of these Pokemon are almost certainly hacked
Pretty much answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)