XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

I think bulky Charizard-Y deserves a set as it's a good answer to threats like Mega Mawile and Landorus-I. A lot of good stall players have been using it with a good deal of success. If it's decided that it should get a set, I would like to do the analysis.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think bulky Charizard-Y deserves a set as it's a good answer to threats like Mega Mawile and Landorus-I. A lot of good stall players have been using it with a good deal of success. If it's decided that it should get a set, I would like to do the analysis.
Oh wow, that's so funny. I actually posted that here a little while ago. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...the-thread-no-shitty-gimmicks.3489313/page-48
You can use that for reference if you want, IF such a set gets approved for an analysis that is.

If it does get approved, I will be incorporating it as part of my current Charizard analysis, as there is no need to do a separate set while my analysis is still in the writing stages. Extra sets are only done in separate threads if the current analysis is completed on-site.

No opinion on its inclusion though.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i'm ok with bulky wisp char y. it's a solid af mawile check as well as dealing with stuff like lando-i, aegislash, and bisharp solidly, plus being a mega gardevoir check. the real kicker is how much offensive presence it provides, 0 evs in special attack and it's still strong as shit, allowing stall to put a good deal more pressure on opposing teams. oh and it has surprise factor because everyone uses zard x on stall. my only real qualm is that it /needs/ sr gone, to the point where it really ends up requiring double defog to actually cover the srers, but if you can make your team around it, providing this support, it's definitely pretty effective.

i'm also ok with adrian doing it. i'd really prefer someone with experience with it to do that set and the charizard analysis as it is doesn't need to be delayed any further, as it's pretty high priority.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Extra sets are only done in separate threads if the current analysis is completed on-site.
For future reference, I just want to point out that this is false. TRC, you might not remember, but a few months ago we agreed to change the above precedent. Unfinished analyses can be split up for multiple reasons, chiefly experience (e.g. there is someone who has more experience with a given set), or efficiency (e.g. one set needs substantially more discussion than the others that may delay the other sets' completion). I'd say in this case there's reason to support both and as such I'd rather see the sets worked on separately.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Well if you want you can do it separately if it matters, but I'd like to implement it into mine once it's done and slightly change the prose before GP, I'd like to have it be more consistent with the rest of the analysis. Another option is simply doing the skeleton to its completion but allowing me to write it up after t has been given it's QC checks.

23:41 Muk i would like to see a cm set on the slowbro analysis, it's really cool on stall (well, it's really cool on stall in uu for like crocune so i decided to try it on ou stall)
23:41 Muk but it's been cool in ou for stuff like magic guard cm clefable for instance
23:42 Muk and it doesn't lose out on too much bc it still has scald and regen

e: i should add that it doesn't aim to set up every game, all it really needs is scald + slack off + regenerator

Last edited:
i'm ok with bulky wisp char y. it's a solid af mawile check as well as dealing with stuff like lando-i, aegislash, and bisharp solidly, plus being a mega gardevoir check. the real kicker is how much offensive presence it provides, 0 evs in special attack and it's still strong as shit, allowing stall to put a good deal more pressure on opposing teams. oh and it has surprise factor because everyone uses zard x on stall. my only real qualm is that it /needs/ sr gone, to the point where it really ends up requiring double defog to actually cover the srers, but if you can make your team around it, providing this support, it's definitely pretty effective.

i'm also ok with adrian doing it. i'd really prefer someone with experience with it to do that set and the charizard analysis as it is doesn't need to be delayed any further, as it's pretty high priority.

Should I begin writing the skeleton?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like to know which Pokemon can still be reserved (1st post not updated for 8 days). Thank you :)
At this point most Pokemon that are good enough have been completed. However, I believe Diancie is still reservable, and there are a couple niche Pokemon that are more viable now than when they were originally proposed (Arcanine, Weezing, etc) that may be approved. You just have to convince QC members that what you want to analyze is viable, as there are no Pokemon, other than Diancie, that definitely need an analysis. There also is the potential for writing an analysis viable set of a Pokemon already with an analysis, but I don't have any specifics.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
At this point most Pokemon that are good enough have been completed. However, I believe Diancie is still reservable, and there are a couple niche Pokemon that are more viable now than when they were originally proposed (Arcanine, Weezing, etc) that may be approved. You just have to convince QC members that what you want to analyze is viable, as there are no Pokemon, other than Diancie, that definitely need an analysis. There also is the potential for writing an analysis viable set of a Pokemon already with an analysis, but I don't have any specifics.
Subject 18 already reserved Diancie. Arcanine and Weezing should be fine though ^.^

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I will reserve Weezing, if it's okay?
Don't ask me lol, I'm not QC. You're gonna have to make a fighting case for it (I meant Weezing hadn't been done yet and maybe had a snowball's chance in hell of being accepted). Aragorn (and I) meant it was ranked in the viability ranks for being somewhat of a counter to Mawile sets lacking Iron Head and Knock Off, so that's where you ought to start your argument, but you're gonna have to prove you really understand how it works and that you have solid high-level experience with it. Just the QC procedure.

Last edited:
it has a niche in beating things like Iron Headless Mawile and Azumarill 1v1 but that is nowhere near large enough of a reason for it to get an analysis. Going to say no and let some other QC members weigh in too.

Don't ask me lol, I'm not QC. You're gonna have to make a fighting case for it (I meant Weezing hadn't been done yet and maybe had a snowball's chance in hell of being accepted). Aragorn (and I) meant it was ranked in the viability ranks for being somewhat of a counter to Mawile sets lacking Iron Head and Knock Off, so that's where you ought to start your argument, but you're gonna have to prove you really understand how it works and that you have solid high-level experience with it. Just the QC procedure.
Sorry, I thought they approved it. But yes, I have to agree with you that Weezing has a very low chance of making the cut because, like what Nog said:

it has a niche in beating things like Iron Headless Mawile and Azumarill 1v1 but that is nowhere near large enough of a reason for it to get an analysis. Going to say no and let some other QC members weigh in too.

Nominating Flame Orb Psycho Shift Latias to get an analysis

Latias unlike her brother has extra Physical Bulk and extra Special bulk, that with it's great speed it can easily spread at least 1-2 burns to helps other team members wallbreak/sweep/set-up later, which is extremely helpful, for example, Specially Defensive DD Zard + Psycho Shift Latias can be a deadly combo if used correctly.

Psycho Shift Latias can weaken most physical threats and wither down many pokemons both Special or Stall/Bulky

With Psycho Shift it can turn Pursuit trappers and hard hitters to set-up fodders for teammates, it can also turn pokemon that usually check or even counter Latias to set-up fodders for teammates (Ex. Excadrill and Bisharp, even Aegislash [making Sacred Sword not that powerful] especially if it's physical)

Examples & Calcs:

252+ Atk Life Orb burned Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 242-285 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk burned Mega Scizor U-turn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 153-181 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk burned Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 141-167 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Scizor U-turn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 205-243 (56.4 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk burned Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 214-253 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk burned Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 241-285 (80 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker burned Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 101-119 (33.5 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk burned Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 160-190 (53.1 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk burned Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 81-96 (26.9 - 31.8%) -- 47% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage

252+ Atk Huge Power burned Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 195-231 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power burned Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 292-345 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power burned Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias: 304-358 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It can also burn things like Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, Quagsire, Chansey, etc. for other pokemons (wallbreakers or not) to use this to break through a certain pokemon, for example Adamant +1 Zard X is now is able to 2HKO Phys. Defensive Mandi after burn damage and lefties with Dragon Claw (So not risking Skarm/Clefable/Sylveon)

What's even the point though? You forgo an item to use a gimmicky move to cripple supposed counters. But then it gets burned itself anyways, meaning it will be losing 12% each turn. Sound way too gimmicky and detrimental to Latias, a cute gimmick at best.

What's even the point though? You forgo an item to use a gimmicky move to cripple supposed counters. But then it gets burned itself anyways, meaning it will be losing 12% each turn. Sound way too gimmicky and detrimental to Latias, a cute gimmick at best.
Yeah I agree, by the time Latias does Psycho Shift, it would have taken 12% damage (burn), and an attack from an opposing Pokemon. Not only that, after Latias uses Psycho Shift another 12% is done. Not worth it imo

But counters are many and common that it's worth it, It's not like I didn't use it, I personally use it has been quite effective, it spreads burns efficiently because of it's great speed, what's the point? Imagine a Burned Garchomp locked into Outrage, you can easily set up with Bisharp and sweep, it supports the team members greatly and helps them set-up.

Psycho Shift-ing burn + healing Wish is great support for any kind of pokemon that can set up, and again with the speed it's easily one of the best burn-spreaders ever, not to mention it has great power to still do a lot of damage with Draco Metoer.

It also has the element of surprise, luring the likes of Bisharp only to get burned and then set up on it with another mon, it's gimmicky but it works, tbh early in the meta WoW Mega Char X / Mega Char Y and Stallbreaker Talonflame all looked extremely gimmicky, but still got to be used later as an officially competitive set. Another example is Quag, which looked extremely gimmicky early on and in BW, but now one of the best pokes on stall. I'm not saying this set is the best but a pretty decent one that deserves an analysis at least.

Tbh some viable set still look gimmicky, but if a set "looks gimmicky" or is gimmicky itself doesn't mean it can't do what it supposed to do or not be viable.

Also you don't lose 12% first turn, and if the opposing pokemon is a Knock off pokemon like Bisharp, Lando-T, or Mega Scizor then it's even better, but regardless Latias can survive the burned hit + 12% + use healing wish/draco, it can also be used in conjunction with Recover to further spread burns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)