Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For suspect testing, is reaching 2700 COIL at any point (and taking a screenshot) good or does my COIL have to remain at 2700 until the suspect testing ends?

Last edited:

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Gotta ask, what exactly is a 50/50?
I was looking into the Aegislash and Mawilite suspect tests and kept hearing about them.
A 50/50 is basically when you aren't sure what set an opponent is running on something, which can result in a loss at that. One of the main 50/50s with Aegis was KS+Attacks, since it could pull off massive bluffs, allowing it to either counter something or deal massive damage.

I was looking into the Aegislash and Mawilite suspect tests and kept hearing about them.
It's used to refer a situation where you are presented two options and neither option is inherently safer. For example, with King's Shield 50/50s, let's say you have 2 options: Kill Aegislash or use a set-up move. Aegislash might use King's Shield, so you decide to use the set-up move. However, the opposing Aegislash might predict this and opt to finish you with a Shadow Ball, so you decide to use an offensive move. But, the opposing Aegislash predicted that you would think this way and uses King's Shield, so you...

Basically this logic loops itself, so you're forced to make a choice not by analysing the risk and benefits, but by guessing and hoping that the opponent picked the move you wanted him to.

Edit: Ninja'd

It's a buzzword people have unfortunately been using to describe any situation where prediction is required but more difficult than usual and the consequences of predicting wrong are extremely high. To me that's not a 50/50 (any more than any other mid-game prediction in the game is a 50/50), but simply means the mon is overpowered. But people have been using the term incorrectly (IMO) to link the pokemon they are arguing about to ideas of "uncompetitiveness," which to me should be a term reserved for things that over-abuse RNG.

For suspect testing, is reaching 2700 COIL at any point (and taking a screenshot) good or does my COIL have to remain at 2700 until the suspect testing ends?
As far as I know, COIL doesn't decay anyway so once you reach the reqs you'll be good. But realistically, even if it did, you could just screenshot it immediately upon achieving it and save the screenshot until the voter identification thread goes up.

why isn't mawilite quick banned?
Because the OU council apparently didn't think it was overpowered enough to warrant making the decision undemocratic, and at least a fair number of people don't want it banned. (I'm not one of them who doesn't want it banned, at least not currently, but there are a fair number of them.)

This isn't a competitive Question....Q.So i've spent most of my money of Vitamins i have like 40000 not enough to even go to restaurant Le ' wow . How can i make small cash enough to restaurant Le ' wow , and in the battle chateu I'm new so i get only like 2500 at most and i face lv 0-25 only ? What can i do???

This isn't a competitive Question....Q.So i've spent most of my money of Vitamins i have like 40000 not enough to even go to restaurant Le ' wow . How can i make small cash enough to restaurant Le ' wow , and in the battle chateu I'm new so i get only like 2500 at most and i face lv 0-25 only ? What can i do???
Just go to the 2 star restaurant with Amulet Coin and the Prize Money O-Power and you'll more than make up the cost of the meal. Just do that a couple times until you have enough for Le Wow.

Some quick question's about Bird offense:

1. Which Pokemon deals well with Specs Sylveon?

2. Which moves can be run on Rotom-W, if you dislike Pain-split?

3. Which Fairies can be put on Bird Offense?

Some quick question's about Bird offense:

2. Which moves can be run on Rotom-W, if you dislike Pain-split?

3. Which Fairies can be put on Bird Offense?
1. Steel types like Heatran, Mega Scizor, and pokemon like Mega Venasaur. Although, do be careful since most Sylveon carry psyshock and either HP Ground/Fire.

2. Rest with a chesto berry is the only other healing option Rotom has. If you don't want that, thunderbolt is a reliable STAB which doesn't make you switch, a screen of your choice (reflect/light screen) and Electroweb is quite gimmicky but could work.

3. Specs Sylveon can 2HKO skarmory if it tries to switch in, Clefable can deal with stall iirc, mega gardevoir can do the same.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to give a thorough reply to this first part:

Defensively, Chansey can easily sponge anything Specs Sylveon throws at you. Depending on the set, Heatran or Scizor can work too. If you can predict correctly, your opponent's Choice Specs can actually become your best friend. Offensively, you'll want to rely more on the fact that Specs Sylveon has very low speed and an exploitable defense stat, and basically smash its head in with strong physical attackers like Bisharp and Mega Charizard X. If you don't want to risk sacking something every time, though, you'll need to double switches to make sure your counter gets in unscathed. I wouldn't recommend excessive scouting as you'll need to keep momentum in mind.

What are some sets for a Naive Landorus without it's HA?
With sand stream support, it can run an okay physical sand force set. Not as good as the special sheer force one, but if it's what you've got, give him moves like EQ, Stone Edge, and U-turn. If you have access to Stealth Rock or Knock Off you can do one of those too.

Frankly it's probably better if you use the mirror to change it into Therian forme, and run max attack max speed.

When ORAS come out, will things like M-Kangaskan, M-Lucario, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar, Deoxys (s and d), aegi, swagger, and Baton pass all be legal in OU again? Or will only only some of them be banned? Or will the banlist stay exactly the same?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I don't /think/ so. I think, again this is just me, all brand new Pokemon will be put in OU, and all megas will start out in the tier the Pokemon is now. So Mega Sceptile will start out in NU, etc.
New pokemon are put into OU - Diancie started out in OU, for example

Are there any fighting types that can go mixed with the exception of Lucario?
Off the top of my head, infernape's the only other common one, but virizion has base 90 in both Atk and SpA, and Mienshao has base 95 SpA.

Why are you even buying vitamins in the first place? They're a complete waste of money and EV training via hordes is much faster, especially since vitamins can only get you to 100 EVs max.

When ORAS come out, will things like M-Kangaskan, M-Lucario, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar, Deoxys (s and d), aegi, swagger, and Baton pass all be legal in OU again? Or will only only some of them be banned? Or will the banlist stay exactly the same?
They'll stay banned, but if GF changes anything (I remember masuda considering nerfing Parental Bond, for example), they could be retested.

Just wanted to give a thorough reply to this first part:

Defensively, Chansey can easily sponge anything Specs Sylveon throws at you. Depending on the set, Heatran or Scizor can work too. If you can predict correctly, your opponent's Choice Specs can actually become your best friend. Offensively, you'll want to rely more on the fact that Specs Sylveon has very low speed and an exploitable defense stat, and basically smash its head in with strong physical attackers like Bisharp and Mega Charizard X. If you don't want to risk sacking something every time, though, you'll need to double switches to make sure your counter gets in unscathed. I wouldn't recommend excessive scouting as you'll need to keep momentum in mind.
Okay, thanks a ton.

How many pokemon can be in a core?

What's a good physical Fire-type in OU(that isn't Mega Charizard)?
Darmanitam, Entei, Victini, Infernape, Talonflame... Oh wait you said OU? Just Talonflame. The rest are UU :P (you CAN use them, you just wanted OU specifically)
Edit: and Arcanine. But he's mostly used as a physical wall/fire absorber. A Heatran that you can actually breed per se (And don't forget Dat Extremespeed.)

Q. Whats the use of this Riolu i recieved

Riolu@???
Trait:Prankster
EV's:252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Natures:(Spd+ SAtk-)
-Copy cat
-quick attack
-counter
-roar

The closest i've come is to set up rocks/spikes and if your O.K . I think the item i focus sash so if you're you survive then use roar then copy cat for the roar repetitively and for e.g. a pkmn with a few hp comes QA and same with counter for extras...But do you guys have any ideas??? The Use Of This Riolu.

New Edit:

I've just been told CC after roar dont work....So Any ideas ???

Last edited:
Q. Whats the use of this Riolu i recieved

Riolu@???
Trait:Prankster
EV's:252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Natures:(Spd+ SAtk-)
-Copy cat
-quick attack
-counter
-roar

The closest i've come is to set up rocks/spikes and if your O.K . I think the item i focus sash so if you're you survive then use roar then copy cat for the roar repetitively and for e.g. a pkmn with a few hp comes QA and same with counter for extras...But do you guys have any ideas??? The Use Of This Riolu.
That strategy doesn't work anymore, now if you use copy cat after using roar, it will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)