Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I agree with the sentiment that Lunatone will pretty much never be Fairy type. And I would be really surprised to get Mega Cressila right now (unless may other legendaries got megas in addition, which also just doesn't sound right) But I did want to stand up for Sweetstack a little. Cause I don't think that it was simpley the fact they getting Moonblast in your list makes you a good Fairy type candidate, but the fact that the Moon itself is strongly associated with Fairy type and therefore being associated with the moon makes you likely a Fairy Pokemon, right? Like half the Pokes that are moon stone evos are the ones that got Fairy Type additions, Moonlight got re-typed to a Fairy move, The new move Moonblast is the strongest Fairy move, etc. Seing as how strongly associated the Moon is with Fiaries it stands to reason that the "moon god" (the lunar poke) should have gotten Fairy type too. But, obviously it didn't so if your a fan of Fairy Cresselia you just got to hope for a mega, lol.
I was just responding to people saying because altaria gets moonblast, it turned into fairy. Tbh it doesn't even look too fairy-ish (esp. its non mega form), but then again, its hard too look like a fairy compared to looking like other types (bugs are obvious, water types are water creatures, flying types fly etc.). I just think fairies are small and cute and cresselia is a fat ass (i say that as a dubs player), but then again mr mime and granbull don't fit my description. I doubt they'll mega too many legendaries, but if they do mega cress it probably would make it fairy (too similar to lake guardians: floating psychic)

If anything should get a fairy mega it should be delcatty (shit bst, no niches but decent move pool).

flying type isn't exactly the best type offensively.
Say that to OU Birdspam.

I was just responding to people saying because altaria gets moonblast, it turned into a fairy
It's more the fact that it seems odd to get it when it seemingly has no relation to the move. IIRC only fairy-types and Pokémon related to the moon (Lunatone, Cresselia) got it, but what reason did Altaria have? Heck, many fairies such as Togekiss didn't even get it, so there had to be SOMETHING behind Altaria getting the move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then could you please say that there's gonna be a Mega Flygon and that we'll get Legal Bacon Shiny Yveltal?
Oh, I've said there will be Mega Flygon many many times. Trust me I've talked more than enough about that guy. I kind of doubt there will be more Yveltal's in ORAS, but maybe an event, for your benefit here I go:
We will get Mega Flygon before these games are done and we will get the lock on shiny Yveltal broken! I have now spoken!

(for the record I also said a butt ton of crap that isn't happening XD, not to jynx this or anything, fingers crossed)

Last edited:
The fact that the cosplaychu is a single mon event that potentially won't evolve worries me. What if it can't get the Light ball boost the way floette-e doesn't get the eviolite boost? That would suck balls....

The fact that the cosplaychu is a single mon event that potentially won't evolve worries me. What if it can't get the Light ball boost the way floette-e doesn't get the eviolite boost? That would suck balls....
... why wouldn't it get Light Ball boost? The Light Ball boost doesn't depend upon Pikachu's ability to evolve.

It's more the fact that it seems odd to get it when it seemingly has no relation to the move. IIRC only fairy-types and Pokémon related to the moon (Lunatone, Cresselia) got it, but what reason did Altaria have? Heck, many fairies such as Togekiss didn't even get it, so there had to be SOMETHING behind Altaria getting the move.
Honestly, it seems like Gamefreak knew this whole time that Altaria was the most nontraditional Dragon-type Pokemon based on looks. She only really got it in the first place for being GF's artistic take on a mystical cloud-monster of chinese legend. Her MEvo takes their design more into their own hands by tacking Pokemon's element of magic (Fairy type) onto their element of mysticism (Dragon type).

And now she's this big, fluffy in-game inbodiment of fabled energy.

With a fancy hat,

so she won't be naked after re-purposing all of her cloud coverage.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oh, I've said there will be Mega Flygon many many times. Trust me I've talked more than enough about that guy. I kind of doubt there will be more Yveltal's in ORAS, but maybe an event, for your benefit here I go:
We will get Mega Flygon before these games are done and we will get the lock on shiny Yveltal broken! I have now spoken!

(for the record I also said a butt ton of crap that isn't happening XD, not to jynx this or anything, fingers crossed)
Would you mind telling us a bit more on what you based this on? (How did you know?)

And are the remaining Pokemon on the trademark list getting any Mega?
Why aren't the current Megas on any trademark list?

I was just responding to people saying because altaria gets moonblast, it turned into fairy. Tbh it doesn't even look too fairy-ish (esp. its non mega form), but then again, its hard too look like a fairy compared to looking like other types (bugs are obvious, water types are water creatures, flying types fly etc.). I just think fairies are small and cute and cresselia is a fat ass (i say that as a dubs player), but then again mr mime and granbull don't fit my description. I doubt they'll mega too many legendaries, but if they do mega cress it probably would make it fairy (too similar to lake guardians: floating psychic)

If anything should get a fairy mega it should be delcatty (shit bst, no niches but decent move pool).
In Snubbull/Granbull's defense it is literally the Fairy Pokemon.

Would you mind telling us a bit more on what you based this on? (How did you know?)

And are the remaining Pokemon on the trademark list getting any Mega?
Why aren't the current Megas on any trademark list?
ahaha, what do you mean? I just thought KingHeracrossTheBug was giving me a hard time for talking too much about the things I guessed right. I'm not basing this on anything beyond the normal stuff like: everyone wants a Mega Flygon and it seems obvious. I was mostly just joking around.

EDIT: even though I crossed my fingers it seems i still got... jynx'd

Last edited:
It's really a shame that Cosplay Pikachu is a special type of Pikachu since that means its movepool is more limited. I am really hoping it gets Volt Tackle so it can have a strong physical pseudo-boltbeam. Pikachu does learn Wild Charge so the physical pseudo-boltbeam will still be available but with less power.

This is my idea on it:

Cresselia is known as the lunar pokemon while Lunatone is clearly shaped like a moon. The move in question is called Moonblast. Wouldn't those two lunar pokemon also get a move related to the moon?

Although, I may be overlooking something big...
Lastly, lunatone and cresselia get moonblast as the former is a moon and the later is the moon god (its the lunar poke). Thats also why they dont get other fairy moves (altaria gets dazzling gleam). Sorry to ruin fairy mega cress :<
As 9 Tales of Ninetales said (thank you btw) and as I said, Cresselia's legend revolves heavily around the moon. It isn't merely a case of it getting Moonblast and therefore should be a fairy type. Cresselia was one of the pokemon consistently brought up (not just on this forum) when people were speculating which pokemon were going to be retconned with fairy typing b/c it did make sense given its legend. All of this was before it was even known that it learned Moonblast.

Even so receiving Moonblast is something to note. They were very restrictive in who received Moonblast. It was mostly restricted to fairy types and even then some fairy types did not receive it (Mr. Mime, Slurpuff, Klefki, etc.). Also, just b/c a pokemon has some moon association did not mean that it received Moonblast either. Umbreon is the Moonlight Pokemon yet didn't receive Moonblast. GF was pretty selective in who would received it. Which is why Cresselia getting Moonblast, in addition to other compelling reasons, made some people question why it wasn't retconned into a fairy type. Some people, used Altaria getting Moonblast as a countering point to negate that argument but now that countering point is gone since Mega Altaria is now a fairy type.

Just to be clear, I don't think that Cresselia is the next obvious choice to receive a Mega, but I don't think it's too farfetched of an idea for it to get retconned into a fairy type via Mega evolution.

^ Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyway, some more speculation: Tyrantrum's Hidden Ability might be available in the new games? That'd be pretty neat. Doubtful, since it hasn't happened before (unless I'm forgetting something?), but still an interesting thing to think about.

Why can't people just be happy with what they've got before wishing for/expecting every possibility, no matter how ridiculously unlikely? "I need XY remakes bc we've never played XY with these megas! DAE need Red bc it's not fair that Kanto isn't in 3D!" THIS THREAD IS FOR ORAS ONLY.

Getting back on topic, I'm interested in these megas in terms of gym leader rematches. It's unlikely that the leaders would have these round 1, but I think we'll see some of these (Lopunny, Altaria) much more once your match call fills in.

can't live with myself if i don't preorder this ;_;

I'm actually pretty hyped up about the new mega evolutions that Gamefreak has cooked up. Especially stuff like Sableye, which has received a huge boost in Magic Bounce as well as some boosts in stats. I'm looking foward to how well it'll do in OU now that it's the "perfect" annoyer or utility. Groudon and Kyogre will wreck.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Getting back on topic, I'm interested in these megas in terms of gym leader rematches. It's unlikely that the leaders would have these round 1, but I think we'll see some of these (Lopunny, Altaria) much more once your match call fills in.
Well... there certainly is some possibility, since most Hoenn Gym Leaders have Pokémon in their (Emerald) rosters that eventually evolve into Mega-capable 'mons:

- Roxanne's got a pretty thin excuse, I admit. The Aerodactyl she carries in Emerald only shows up in her fourth rematch, and it's her only potential Mega from the old roster.

- Brawly has Meditite in Emerald. Machamp (evolving from his Machop in R/S) ranks high on the lists of potential Mega candidates in the future, and so does Hariyama according to some, but I'd like to stick to confirmed Megas for now. Occam's Razor -> Medicham already has a Mega Evolution, and would be the most likely candidate.

- Wattson has both Electrike and Manectric, once again in Emerald only. However, Manectric remains his highest-levelled 'mon throughout all rematches. He also gets Ampharos later on.

- Flannery is in the same boat as Roxanne. Her third Emerald rematch introduces a Houndour to her team. However, in the same game she also fields a Camerupt, which is a prime candidate for Mega Evolution, considering that Maxie has a Mega Stone in his official artwork, and Camerupt is his signature Pokémon.

- Norman's second rematch (and we're once again restricted to Emerald) introduces players to his Kangaskhan. It remains his only Mega-capable 'mon throughout all his appearances, even counting the PWT (where Roxanne and Flannery receive more options in the form of Aggron and Blaziken, respectively).

- Winona has an Altaria in all her appearances, even in Ruby & Sapphire. Interestingly enough, Emerald rematches give her no other candidates, although a Gyarados is seen on one of her PWT teams.

- Tate and Liza are the odd ones out. Neither in R/S nor in Emerald do we see any Pokémon on their teams that have gotten a Mega thus far. Only in the PWT does Liza field a Gardevoir. I don't know if this fact works against the theory of Megas in Gym Leader rematches, or supports the theory that some other Psychic Pokémon will receive a Mega. I can neither see Claydol, Hypno nor Xatu get one any time soon.

- Wallace has a Gyarados in Emerald, although he's the Champion in that game. In the PWT, he also uses Swampert and Sharpedo, whose hypothetical Mega Evolution is justified on the exact same grounds as Camerupt's.

- Juan, for all it's worth, has nothing. Neither in Emerald nor the PWT.

In short, there are certainly possibilities, going by the leaders' rosters alone. All of them (bar Juan, who probably won't be a Gym Leader in this game, as well as Tate&Liza) have Pokémon which have a confirmed Mega Evolution in at least one of their apperances. Though, Winona is the only one whose Mega-capable 'mon is seen in Ruby&Sapphire, and another prominent trainer has already claimed Mega Altaria as her signature Pokémon.

Speaking of Juan, in the Anime he's shown to be a capable Pokémon Coordinator. Perhaps he'll show up in the Contests at some point?

Well... there certainly is some possibility, since most Hoenn Gym Leaders have Pokémon in their (Emerald) rosters that eventually evolve into Mega-capable 'mons:

- Roxanne's got a pretty thin excuse, I admit. The Aerodactyl she carries in Emerald only shows up in her fourth rematch, and it's her only potential Mega from the old roster.

- Brawly has Meditite in Emerald. Machamp (evolving from his Machop in R/S) ranks high on the lists of potential Mega candidates in the future, and so does Hariyama according to some, but I'd like to stick to confirmed Megas for now. Occam's Razor -> Medicham already has a Mega Evolution, and would be the most likely candidate.

- Wattson has both Electrike and Manectric, once again in Emerald only. However, Manectric remains his highest-levelled 'mon throughout all rematches. He also gets Ampharos later on.

- Flannery is in the same boat as Roxanne. Her third Emerald rematch introduces a Houndour to her team. However, in the same game she also fields a Camerupt, which is a prime candidate for Mega Evolution, considering that Maxie has a Mega Stone in his official artwork, and Camerupt is his signature Pokémon.

- Norman's second rematch (and we're once again restricted to Emerald) introduces players to his Kangaskhan. It remains his only Mega-capable 'mon throughout all his appearances, even counting the PWT (where Roxanne and Flannery receive more options in the form of Aggron and Blaziken, respectively).

- Winona has an Altaria in all her appearances, even in Ruby & Sapphire. Interestingly enough, Emerald rematches give her no other candidates, although a Gyarados is seen on one of her PWT teams.

- Tate and Liza are the odd ones out. Neither in R/S nor in Emerald do we see any Pokémon on their teams that have gotten a Mega thus far. Only in the PWT does Liza field a Gardevoir. I don't know if this fact works against the theory of Megas in Gym Leader rematches, or supports the theory that some other Psychic Pokémon will receive a Mega. I can neither see Claydol, Hypno nor Xatu get one any time soon.

- Wallace has a Gyarados in Emerald, although he's the Champion in that game. In the PWT, he also uses Swampert and Sharpedo, whose hypothetical Mega Evolution is justified on the exact same grounds as Camerupt's.

- Juan, for all it's worth, has nothing. Neither in Emerald nor the PWT.

In short, there are certainly possibilities, going by the leaders' rosters alone. All of them (bar Juan, who probably won't be a Gym Leader in this game, as well as Tate&Liza) have Pokémon which have a confirmed Mega Evolution in at least one of their apperances. Though, Winona is the only one whose Mega-capable 'mon is seen in Ruby&Sapphire, and another prominent trainer has already claimed Mega Altaria as her signature Pokémon.

Speaking of Juan, in the Anime he's shown to be a capable Pokémon Coordinator. Perhaps he'll show up in the Contests at some point?
I'd say the twin leaders probably both mega (lunatone and solrock seem the most likely if this happens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)