The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

When I was younger, I was trying to catch Articuno and I was using my Dugtrio and I was like "Mmkay. Nice and Earthquake!"

Dugtrio used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the Wild Articuno.
Articuno used Icy Wind! Critical Hit!
Dugtrio used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the Wild Articuno.
Articuno used Icy Wind! Dugtrio fainted.

Use Next Pokemon or run?
*carefully clicks Use Next Pokemon*

You got away safely!

This forum is amazing. Keep the fails coming.
For me, when I was little, I was fishing in the water that lead to Cinnabar Island. I found a Magikarp. I used my Master Ball on it .-.
Also, in Pearl, I traded my starter away for a Girafarig. I did eventually get another Chimchar, but I missed actually having my own.
I named a shiny Geodude "Shiny rock".
And, in Pearl, I used to use cheats in the post game. I attempted, for a while,to get every Pokemon shiny using my cheats. I gave each of the Pokemon a silly nickname. For Grimer and Muk, I decided to spell their names backwards, not knowing the meaning....

When I was 9 and got Pearl (I was of course still new to Pokemon) and I trained my starter and my starter alone, and a few weeks later I was about to battle Cynthia. My starter was Level 60 and the rest of my Pokemon were in the single digits. However, my starter fainted eventually and after that she swept me so hard.

I swear, that was the worst thing I have done I can think of, but I forget easily, so I'm pretty sure that I've done worse. :P

When I was 9 and got Pearl (I was of course still new to Pokemon) and I trained my starter and my starter alone, and a few weeks later I was about to battle Cynthia. My starter was Level 60 and the rest of my Pokemon were in the single digits. However, my starter fainted eventually and after that she swept me so hard.

I swear, that was the worst thing I have done I can think of, but I forget easily, so I'm pretty sure that I've done worse. :P
Really? Cause that sounds like seven kinds of badass to me. Especially since I beat Platinum with a level 100 Mewtwo a friend gave me plus a large number of Ethers, Elixers, and Leppa Berries (which is why Leppa Berries are my favorites).

Playing Diamond (first real video game) and grinding some Bidoof (yes, 3 Bidoof) for first gym instead of just using the Budew I had. I thought Budew sucked so I spent about 45 minutes leveling Bidoof 3 Bidoof. The result was I figured out Piplup and Budew kicked rock butt, and Bidoof... Didn't. 1 hour of my life I'm never getting back. Stupid beaver chipmunk thing.

I caught a shiny Geodude on that same game. Didn't trade it, forgot about it and reset the game. Crap.

Last edited:

My friend did literally the exact same thing except with Soul Silver, and he couldn't figure out how my level 54 tank Ampharos and rest of lvl 45-55 team could beat his 53 Lugia and 74 Feraligatr (alongside his level 14 Onix OMG almost died lol)

In my excitement at finding a good deal on the global trade station for a rarer Vivillion form, I forgot to remove the lucky egg I equipped it (they wanted a bizarre level, so I was mad rush power leveling). I noticed my mistake as the trade started and could only cry "no, come back!" as the pokeball rose into the light...

...then I went to a Chansey friend safari with the same Vivillion and used the Compound Eyes/Thief trick. In an hour I got three of them.

One nice day 2 years ago i was replaying my FR game and was wandering in mewtwo's cave to EV train my team (i was a noob, didn't know there were better places), so guess who i put in my lead position? Oh no it's Wobbuffet! The first encounter with a wild wobbuffet was the last of the day, that moment was so frustrating that sometimes i feel painful remembering it.

For some reason, I thought way back in 2010/2011 that Blast Burn was good on Typhlosion. ...Actually, about the only thing I'm kind of sort of proud of on my old SoulSilver team is that Mamoswine has mostly physical moves...though it still knows Ancient Power. (at least I still have Mewtwo left to catch, and enough coins to afford an Eevee from Celadon Game Corner to RNG for Umbreon unless ORAS has a Foul Play tutor)

One of my first actual event Pokemon that I got was an Arceus back in Gen 4, which allowed access to the Sinjoh ruins in HG. Finally went to the local EB Games and got one and I was so happy but was a pretty busy time then so I just boxed it and completely forgot about it.

Then Gen 5 came, and I was so excited to try out trading and transporting with a second DS so I transported every pokemon that you couldn't find in Gen V, which included Arceus. Then after it was transported to Gen 5, I just remembered I haven't even used it to get the Lv 1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG!!!!! Was so frustrated since the event was long over as well and I never did get Pearl so that would have been my chance to get Palkia.

One nice day 2 years ago i was replaying my FR game and was wandering in mewtwo's cave to EV train my team (i was a noob, didn't know there were better places), so guess who i put in my lead position? Oh no it's Wobbuffet! The first encounter with a wild wobbuffet was the last of the day, that moment was so frustrating that sometimes i feel painful remembering it.
Er... Poké Balls?

Caught a level 29 pidgeotto in a master ball in pokemon yellow when I was 5. Didn't know about mewtwo or any of the legends, so I thought that it was the best thing to use it on lol.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Urgh, last night I was trying to breed a Tyrogue to become a Hitmontop for the Maison, I finally bred a flawless one so I was busy EVing it, making sure I had the right defence EVs at level 20 so it would actually evolve into a Hitmontop. Then I had realised that I hadn't bothered to breed any egg moves onto it (I wanted Mach Punch at least), I decided to feed the Tyrogue a few Irons so that it would instead evolve into Hitmonchan, it did and I taught it Mach Punch and Counter to pass down, it's final move set was Fake Out / Helping Hand / Mach Punch / Counter. I figured I was too tired so I would continue tomorrow (today). Breeding another flawless Tyrogue was easy enough, except it hatched with Fake Out / Foresight / Mach Punch and Counter without me noticing until I had fully EV trained and evolved the Tyrogue into Hitmontop. Fake Out is strictly a pre-evo move so I can't relearn it now that it has evolved! Now I have to go back and breed, relearn Helping Hand, EV train and level up all over again...

New one:I was in the middle of grinding in Pokemon X awhile ago, guess what I run into? A shiny Graveler, perfect for taking. My Yanmega fires off a Shadow Ball, doing a good chunk of damage and getting Graveler ready for his new home inside my Ultra Ball. A confident grin spreads on my face, only to fall down as this happens:

:v4:
The stupid thing here was, I had a DAMP JELLICENT on my team.

Last edited:
I used a Master Ball on Palkia, despite having a lot of Net Balls and a Scizor that knew False Swipe. So, when it came to Giratina in Turnback Cave...

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Master Ball accidents are classic but I seriously accidentally used one on a wild Pokemon (Surskit?) in XD: Gale of Darkness at one of the Battle Spots. It was terrible, but I only cried for a week.

So you know how naming a boat Titanic is just asking for it?

Well I had a neverending story theme going in my nicknames in a white nuzlocke (like Rockbiter the Roggenrola) so guess what happens to Artax the Zebstrika?

(For bonus stupidity/irony it was against a Papitoad, a swampy pokemon, because I forgot that Tympole gains the ground type at that stage and not at Seismitoad).

So you know how naming a boat Titanic is just asking for it?

Well I had a neverending story theme going in my nicknames in a white nuzlocke (like Rockbiter the Roggenrola) so guess what happens to Artax the Zebstrika?

(For bonus stupidity/irony it was against a Papitoad, a swampy pokemon, because I forgot that Tympole gains the ground type at that stage and not at Seismitoad).
Palpitoad used Depression! It was super effective! (Couldn't resist)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)