Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Pyroar
Fire/Normal --> Fire/Normal
Rivalry/Unnerve -> Intimidate
Moves: +Parting Shot
HP: 86 -> 86
Atk: 68 -> 88(+20)
Def: 72 -> 82 (+10)
SpA: 109 -> 139(+30)
SpD: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Spe: 106 -> 136 (+30)

You are looking at M-Manetric 2.0. It's job is to be a momentum gainer with parting shot. Mega Pyroar plays a slightly different role than M-manetric because it is supposed to allows sweepers to set up easier against physical attackers with Intimidate + Parting Shot. It hits alot harder than M-Manetric as well with more powerful moves and STAB on both sides. The +20 Attack on there is just for balancing purposes. Giving him more of an increase in Def/Spdef would make him a bit overpowered I believe. Biggest con which makes him different is his weakness to Stealth Rock. Giving him a limited amount of switch ins compared to M-Manetric
A simple moveset for this thing would be:

M-Pyroar@ Pyroarite
Ability:Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Timid
- Hypervoice
- Overheat/Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse/HP grass
- Parting Shot

EDIT: With the weakness to Stealth Rock do you believe, M-Pyroar deserves more bulk? Typing wise, is decent, but not the best defensively. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
What's the consensus regarding Female Meowstic? The only way it differs from its male counterpart is hidden ability; they are otherwise completely the same Pokemon. I think there are three general options.

1. Regard Male and Female Meowstic as the same Pokemon and give them the exact same Mega version.

2. Regard Male and Female Meowstic as a set of Pokemon and vote on one set of Megas from the same user.

3. Regard Male and Female Meowstic as different Pokemon and allow their respective Megas to be submitted and voted upon separately.
Seperate Pokemon. Different megas

My Mega-Meowstic F concept:
Meowsticite F
Stats: 74/48/76/83/81/104--> 74/48/96/123/101/124
Ability: Brownian Motion(Raises random stat by +2(not evasion)The next turn, it lowers the raised stat by -1 and raises another one)
New Moves: Calm Mind Stored Power(Maybe. Might be overpowered)

This Meowstic takes on the role of a Calm Mind Killer, setting up on the opponent while Brownian Motion slowly boosts the power of Stored Power. Given some free turns and switches, and Mega Meowstic's collective boosts start to hurt the opponent a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
we also treat keldeo/keldeo-r and both basculins as different forms
Well yeah, thats an example of a mostly comestic form, but both of the examples you gave have exactly the same roles between forms, Basculins ability just changes from No recoil to Increased damage recoil attacks and Keldeo is just a design change

Also why are you guys making submissions? The Submission period for the next slate isn't open yet

Mega Pyroar
Fire/Normal --> Fire/Normal
Rivalry/Unnerve -> Intimidate
Moves: +Parting Shot
HP: 86 -> 86
Atk: 68 -> 88(+20)
Def: 72 -> 82 (+10)
SpA: 109 -> 139(+30)
SpD: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Spe: 106 -> 136 (+30)

You are looking at M-Manetric 2.0. It's job is to be a momentum gainer with parting shot. Mega Pyroar plays a slightly different role than M-manetric because it is supposed to allows sweepers to set up easier against physical attackers with Intimidate + Parting Shot. It hits alot harder than M-Manetric as well with more powerful moves and STAB on both sides. The +20 Attack on there is just for balancing purposes. Giving him more of an increase in Def/Spdef would make him a bit overpowered I believe. Biggest con which makes him different is his weakness to Stealth Rock. Giving him a limited amount of switch ins compared to M-Manetric
A simple moveset for this thing would be:

M-Pyroar@ Pyroarite
Ability:Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Timid
- Hypervoice
- Overheat/Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse/HP grass
- Parting Shot

EDIT: With the weakness to Stealth Rock do you believe, M-Pyroar deserves more bulk? Typing wise, is decent, but not the best defensively. What do you guys think?
Thinking about it, a lot like Parting Shot Scrafty in OU theorymon, without the bulk and slow switching. I think Mega Pyroar will fit much better as a hyper offense sun sweeper, as Ninetales resists fighting. What I find funny is that Pyroar completely walls Chandelure, while Chandelure completely walls Pyroar. It's like a battle between Choice Scarf Chandelure and Choice Specs Porygon-2. Both completely wall each other.

Does anyone think my new ability Brownian Motion will be ridiculously OP like Moody? Or unflavourful for Meowstic?

Well yeah, thats an example of a mostly comestic form, but both of the examples you gave have exactly the same roles between forms, Basculins ability just changes from No recoil to Increased damage recoil attacks and Keldeo is just a design change

Also why are you guys making submissions? The Submission period for the next slate isn't open yet
When'll it open?

Thinking about it, a lot like Parting Shot Scrafty in OU theorymon, without the bulk and slow switching. I think Mega Pyroar will fit much better as a hyper offense sun sweeper, as Ninetales resists fighting. What I find funny is that Pyroar completely walls Chandelure, while Chandelure completely walls Pyroar. It's like a battle between Choice Scarf Chandelure and Choice Specs Porygon-2. Both completely wall each other.
Sun Sweeping is obselete as sun is serverely limited. (look at M-Houndoom who sweeps with Nasty Plot) Pyroar with drought would be obselete compared to Charizard-Y. Pyroar does a better job at Checking Chandelure as it has Dark Pulse and if M-Pyroar gets the Speed I proposed, it is faster than Scarf Chandelure. Though a DP-less Pyroar would have no chance of getting through Chandelure and that is what Parting Shot is for. To get out of their and switch to a more appropriate counter while that counter has an easier time switching in. Without HP Grass, rock types have a field day with Pyroar too. Might even slash HP fighting in there to deal with Ttar who doesn't care about any of M-Pyroar's moves. Focus Blast would be nice to add, but I think the buff of speed and Parting shot makes him balance enough.

Sun Sweeping is obselete as sun is serverely limited. (look at M-Houndoom who sweeps with Nasty Plot) Pyroar with drought would be obselete compared to Charizard-Y. Pyroar does a better job at Checking Chandelure as it has Dark Pulse and if M-Pyroar gets the Speed I proposed, it is faster than Scarf Chandelure. Though a DP-less Pyroar would have no chance of getting through Chandelure and that is what Parting Shot is for. To get out of their and switch to a more appropriate counter while that counter has an easier time switching in. Without HP Grass, rock types have a field day with Pyroar too. Might even slash HP fighting in there to deal with Ttar who doesn't care about any of M-Pyroar's moves. Focus Blast would be nice to add, but I think the buff of speed and Parting shot makes him balance enough.
Without a dark typing, Parting Shot doesn't seem Flavourful. You don't see lions in the wild trash-talk each other and then run away. You see them trash-talk eachother and then fight to the death.
P.S. Can someone please comment on Brownian Motion?

Without a dark typing, Parting Shot doesn't seem Flavourful. You don't see lions in the wild trash-talk each other and then run away. You see them trash-talk eachother and then fight to the death.
P.S. Can someone please comment on Brownian Motion?
LOL with the "Flavourful" thing. I guess he shouldn't learn Dark Pulse then. Also Shynx shouldn't have intimidate(even if it's just for the Evolution line) Parting shot is not that far away for a Lion. There is no description that is saying that it is "trash talking" any pokemon either. "With a parting threat, the user lowers the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats. Then it switches with a party Pokémon." That's the description in game. Now if it were something extreme such as, surf(which tauros is oddly able to learn) explosion, or giga drain. Then we have something to say that it isn't "flavourful." Point is though, that there are alot of non flavourful things in the game of pokemon and adding parting shot to something like Pyroar isn't the worst out of them, nor is it even wrong. It can already breed with the Pancham evolutionary line.

Tough slate. Gogoat is so generic I didn't even know it was just Grass instead of Grass/Normal and Meowstic's yet another support/Doubles-oriented Psychic.

Here's my idea for the Mega Meowstics - one gender gets an ability that sets up an auto Reflect on the Mega Evolution/switch and the other sets up an auto Light Screen.

LOL with the "Flavourful" thing. I guess he shouldn't learn Dark Pulse then. Also Shynx shouldn't have intimidate(even if it's just for the Evolution line) Parting shot is not that far away for a Lion. There is no description that is saying that it is "trash talking" any pokemon either. "With a parting threat, the user lowers the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats. Then it switches with a party Pokémon." That's the description in game. Now if it were something extreme such as, surf(which tauros is oddly able to learn) explosion, or giga drain. Then we have something to say that it isn't "flavourful." Point is though, that there are alot of non flavourful things in the game of pokemon and adding parting shot to something like Pyroar isn't the worst out of them, nor is it even wrong. It can already breed with the Pancham evolutionary line.
Threat=Trash talk. Anyway, If an idiot hippo can shoot a blast of all-consuming fire than I guess a lion can throw an insult an run away.

Tough slate. Gogoat is so generic I didn't even know it was just Grass instead of Grass/Normal and Meowstic's yet another support/Doubles-oriented Psychic.

Here's my idea for the Mega Meowstics - one gender gets an ability that sets up an auto Reflect on the Mega Evolution/switch and the other sets up an auto Light Screen.
Since Meowstic F is all about offense, screen doesn't seem to fit. The idea itself is great, though. Maybe Mega Meowstic M could set up dual screen on switchin.

The winners of the current slate
I do hope Meowstic prevails.

Since Meowstic F is all about offense, screen doesn't seem to fit. The idea itself is great, though. Maybe Mega Meowstic M could set up dual screen on switchin.
It's more offensively oriented (but not much more because the only relevant movepool differences are Signal Beam and Stored Power for the female and a bunch of Doubles moves for the male). However, Meowstic-F isn't even used in PU. An offensive Mega Meowstic is going to be outclassed by other offensive Psychic Megas like Espeon, Azelf, and Starmie (hard to overcome a 60-100 point base stat disadvantage without going over the top with something like Aura Sphere + Huge Power for Special Attack), or even regular Pokemon like Life Orb/Focus Sash Alakazam. For a Pokemon that low on the totem pole, it's more about finding something that could give it a niche in OU.

Try to avoid double (or triple) posting. If you feel the need to add anything on to what you last said, regardless of whether it's relevant to your last post, just edit it.
I'll remember that. Thanks.
btw I gave my Mega Meowstic-F Brownian Motion for a niche as a Semi Moody stored power sweeper.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Gogoat
Grass--> Grass/Ground
Sap Sipper/Grass Pelt-->Chloryphyll
Moves: N/A
HP: 123 -> 123
Atk: 100 -> 130(+30)
Def: 62-> 82(+20)
SpA: 97 -> 107(+10)
SpD: 81-> 101(+20)
Spe: 68> 88(+20)

You are looking at the bulkiest Sun Sweeper of all time. Not only can it set up it's own sun, it can hit hard with STAB Earthquake+Horn leech. Learning bulldoze+EQ naturally it's a surprise this thing isn't part ground(Maybe it's a foreshadow with what's to come O_o) With Growth it can gain a +2 Atk in sun. Though the sun would have to come from an outside source.

Sets it can run

Sun Setter
M-Gogoat@ Gogoatite
Ability:Sap Sipper-> Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide/Bulk Up/Double Edge
- Sunny Day

Sunny day Sweeper
M-Gogoat@ Gogoatite
Ability:Sap Sipper-> Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade
-Rock Slide/Double Edge
-Growth
Its not the submission period (I believe I said this already) Why are you submitting?

Thanks for the heads up
I read your thing on sun sweeper gogoat and then I see you say "Sun-sweeping is obsolete" a few posts back. Thinking about mega gogoat with fur coat, but decided he was too overpowered. Maybe he could have sap sipper or maybe even thick fat. I regret mentioning chlorophyll a few posts back because, I really think Gogoat is more of a bulky tank then a sun sweeper. Btw Is Brownian motion overpowered? Brownian Motion: Raises a random stat by 2(excludes evasion and accuracy). The next turn, lowers the raised stat by 1 and raises another one.

I read your thing on sun sweeper gogoat and then I see you say "Sun-sweeping is obsolete" a few posts back. Thinking about mega gogoat with fur coat, but decided he was too overpowered. Maybe he could have sap sipper or maybe even thick fat. I regret mentioning chlorophyll a few posts back because, I really think Gogoat is more of a bulky tank then a sun sweeper. Btw Is Brownian motion overpowered? Brownian Motion: Raises a random stat by 2(excludes evasion and accuracy). The next turn, lowers the raised stat by 1 and raises another one.
While I just wrote a whole paragraph justifying the Gogoat I submitted, I'll hold off on it until submission time. But to back my claim up to "sun-Sweeping is obsolete." Yes with what we currently have as sun sweepers and setters, it is obsolete. With the Gogoat I proposed I believe sun teams will have a very threatening new weapon on their hands, or it can be used as a stand alone sweeper. I'll leave it at that for now until the submission time

If you submit those Meowstic ideas, then I'm not even gonna bother. GG Unit for cat king

While I just wrote a whole paragraph justifying the Gogoat I submitted, I'll hold off on it until submission time. But to back my claim up to "sun-Sweeping is obsolete." Yes with what we currently have as sun sweepers and setters, it is obsolete. With the Gogoat I proposed I believe sun teams will have a very threatening new weapon on their hands, or it can be used as a stand alone sweeper. I'll leave it at that for now until the submission time
My main question: Is Brownian Motion overpowered as an ability of Mega Meowstic F?

Yes. The fact that you are gaining power for Stored Power every turn, means you can play the Sub+Protect game until your stored power is at a high. And while Idk if i'm reading the description right, but "Its power increases by 20 for each positive stat stage the user has, and does not decrease in power due to negative stat changes" Don't know if that means it will gain a +40 base power every turn. If that's the case then it is definitely broken. Also looking at all of the other pokemon that gain the ability moody, Meowstic is bulkier than most of them in normal form, it would be worse with extra bulk from it's Mega form. It would be a beyond scary pokemon to face, on those things I listed I just scratched the surface on how much worse it would be.

Brownian is slightly altered Moody. Get that shit out of here!
Ok I altered Brownian a bit, but it makes a difference:
Boosts random stat(excludes evasion) by +1. The next turn, the raised stat is lowered by -1 and another stat is raised. There. That should make it less OP.

This was an idea submitted by a 6th grader. Please do not use obscene language like "shit" because of preference issues. I don't think anyone will mind the fact that people shouldn't say "shit", but hey! Some people are strange.

Yes. The fact that you are gaining power for Stored Power every turn, means you can play the Sub+Protect game until your stored power is at a high. And while Idk if i'm reading the description right, but "Its power increases by 20 for each positive stat stage the user has, and does not decrease in power due to negative stat changes" Don't know if that means it will gain a +40 base power every turn. If that's the case then it is definitely broken. Also looking at all of the other pokemon that gain the ability moody, Meowstic is bulkier than most of them in normal form, it would be worse with extra bulk from it's Mega form. It would be a beyond scary pokemon to face, on those things I listed I just scratched the surface on how much worse it would be.
Wait a second... lets say I had +2 def, boosting SP to 60bp. The next turn, I have +1 def and +2 atk. That means I have a total of 3 positive stat changes. So Sp's bp is 80. The boost is +20 per turn. Still slightly OP though, so I altered it a bit more. Ok, here is MMF:

My Mega-Meowstic F concept: Meowsticite F
Stats: 74/48/76/83/81/104--> 74/48/96/123/101/124
Ability: Brownian Motion(Raises random stat by +1(not evasion)The next turn, it lowers the raised stat by -1 and raises another one)- I altered it to make it less OP. There are no collective boosts.
New Moves: Calm Mind, Stored Power

This Meowstic takes on the role of a Calm Mind Killer, setting up on the opponent while Brownian Motion slowly boosts the power of Stored Power. Given some free turns and switches, and Mega Meowstic's collective boosts start to hurt the opponent a lot. Honestly, with the debuff to brownian, you get temporary boosts to your stats that can break speed ties, give you that extra OHKO,win a calm-mind war, or survive that one hit that could've killed you. The brownian boosts depend on luck, but they're more useful than competitive and overall give MMF a niche in calm-mind setup sweeping.

Now I have one more question: would any of you use this competitively?

YO FACE!!!!!!, I don't think it would be the best to use competitively, but not necessarily because it would be too broken. If a Pokemon doesn't have Leftovers (like a Mega Evolution) and can't boost evasion, it's tough to pick up a lot of good boosts just from using Sub/Protect.

As you've seen, it's kind of a thin line when choosing which boosts would be too good (like if it was +2/-1 each turn in just Speed, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense the chances of getting +2 in an important stat each turn would be pretty high) and which ones wouldn't be enough to be very good or reliable. Competitively, it's better to have a Pokemon that does something pretty good most of the time than one that does something really good every once in a while and nothing the rest of the time - especially when it's more dependent on the random boosts you get rather than anything either of the players do during the match. But that's just my personal opinion on this one; I can see where you were coming from with the idea.

Also, Brownian motion is some good scientific knowledge to already have in sixth grade, but is there anything about the concept that makes it particularly fitting for Meowstic? That's another thing people look at.

edit: Furfrou seems to be similar to Diggersby in that it's hard to think of something that would be better than the ability it's known for. Has anyone thought of any non-Fur Coat options?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)