XY OU Excadrill Force Sand Team

Hello guys, International here, and this is my first rated team! I accept any criticism or things you may need to be changed. The point of this team is for life orb sand rush excadrill, and revenge killer scizor.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Hardy nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Main sand streamer as well as stealth rocker. used mainly for those 2 things as those help in the run for excadrill. he also has slack off to scout moves or heal up to take more physical hits, and toxic to weaken the defensives of tanky pokes.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
Main sweeper, job is to wait for sand to be up and safely switch in for the x2 speed boost moves. also runs rapid spin to get rid of entry hazards which cant really get stopped other then by a ghost type.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off
Revenge killer, easy switch in on hurt targets to revenge kill with bullet punch, or get rid of items with knock off. u-turn also for high damage and semi-free switches into another poke that can take a hit better.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
Main Sp.def wall, Only poke with the possibility of taking a fire attack (which is a high weakness on my team) as well as hitting back hard with a psychic or scald.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
Sweeper 2, used as a pivot switch or even a start as not much can outspeed it unless it has a scarf of it's own. good type coverage as not much can switch in to take a hit.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
Main Def. wall, used mainly to take a hit from physical attackers (mostly contact) and can lay down more hazards with spikes, or even set up a leech seed. great for fake-outters.

Again, any help is appreciated as this is my first rated team, i have won plenty of games with it, just want other's imputs. *edit: descriptions for each poke have been added, if more info is needed, feel free to ask, i apoligize for not having it before hand*

Last edited:
Well, first off, i have to nitpick the format. You need at least three lines of descriptions for each pokemon so that we know what your general thoughts were with why you chose a particular pokemon, it's specific moveset, and what you want it's job to be; so without that information, our advice is going to lack a little precision. But getting past that for the moment, one big change I can suggest is to swap scizor from a mega to a banded set. You get a lot more power, and since you said revenge killing is scizor's primary job, you need as much as you can get. This switch will also allow you to swap out hippowdon for mega tyranitar. Mega tyranitar meshes much better with a sand rush team, as not only is it a more well-rounded choice with many more options than hippowdon, which is pretty one-dimensional, but you also have the option of double applying sandstorms, to help ensure you're getting your sand rush boost.

After that, I can't really say much, as with only your sets to go by, I can only make educated guesses as to your strategies and preferred playstyles with the rest of your pokemon. One thing I can say for sure though, is that you'll want to run some pokemon to counter opposing weather strategies. Try running gastrodon to help with rain, or heatran to help with sunny day, stuff like that. Because as it stands, you don't have much of an answer to your weather getting overridden.

With my closing thought, I want to restate the need for you to add descriptions to all of your pokemon so that we can more effectively critique your team. Help us help you, man.

Darmanitan in OU is terrible, the descriptions are too short, there aren´t pictures, ferrothorn is better with Lefties and Slowbro es better than Slowking, Mega-Scizor needs Ev´s in Hp and SpDef, anyway bad team

Darmanitan in OU is terrible, the descriptions are too short, there aren´t pictures, ferrothorn is better with Lefties and Slowbro es better than Slowking, Mega-Scizor needs Ev´s in Hp and SpDef, anyway bad team
pictures are not needed, ferrothorn with rocky helps with physical attackers that hippowdon or slowking cant, slowking is a much better sp def. wall, and is the only poke that i can use to protect myselfy from the intense fire weakness. and scizor's job isnt to be a spdef tank, he job is as a revenge killer with bullet punch.
again, this is my first time using this rtm forums, and this is one of my first teams, but all has worked fine for me, i just wanted more input from others.

Well, first off, i have to nitpick the format. You need at least three lines of descriptions for each pokemon so that we know what your general thoughts were with why you chose a particular pokemon, it's specific moveset, and what you want it's job to be; so without that information, our advice is going to lack a little precision. But getting past that for the moment, one big change I can suggest is to swap scizor from a mega to a banded set. You get a lot more power, and since you said revenge killing is scizor's primary job, you need as much as you can get. This switch will also allow you to swap out hippowdon for mega tyranitar. Mega tyranitar meshes much better with a sand rush team, as not only is it a more well-rounded choice with many more options than hippowdon, which is pretty one-dimensional, but you also have the option of double applying sandstorms, to help ensure you're getting your sand rush boost.

After that, I can't really say much, as with only your sets to go by, I can only make educated guesses as to your strategies and preferred playstyles with the rest of your pokemon. One thing I can say for sure though, is that you'll want to run some pokemon to counter opposing weather strategies. Try running gastrodon to help with rain, or heatran to help with sunny day, stuff like that. Because as it stands, you don't have much of an answer to your weather getting overridden.

With my closing thought, I want to restate the need for you to add descriptions to all of your pokemon so that we can more effectively critique your team. Help us help you, man.
Thank you for your input, all put into consideration and i apoligize for not having the descriptions sooner, again, if more is needed, feel free to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)