Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't bother talking about the changes.

He's deleted my post, my topic regarding the whole situation (which was to divert conversation there instead of here)

Doesn't seem to be the right approach to be blocking people's opinion. Call it spamming or flaming, there is a point to be made.

/end rant.
You can be mad about the fact hackmons ladder is removed but just complaining here won't make it come back. As the immortal said it's still playable (if you find an opponent, just go in om room on ps) and it could be an om of the month. So imo we should talk about the meta for when it will be om of the month :)

Hackmons has been reverted to the way it was. Do you want Hackmons to have EV limits and Team Preview? Even if the answer is yes, it isn't getting a ladder.

Hackmons has been reverted to the way it was. Do you want Hackmons to have EV limits and Team Preview? Even if the answer is yes, it isn't getting a ladder.
I don't see a hackmons ladder ranking anywhere.

I don't see max EV limit.

I don't see your logic behind any of your choices. Neither have you cared to explain it.

Saying the same thing I said to you over PM's regarding deleting my topic:

You're seriously saying we need permission to voice our opinion over recent changes?

I'm not mad in the slightest about this. I want an open place where everyone who actually plays the meta can voice their concern. Deleting these topics aren't helping your position either. >_>

The ladder is not up for discussion. The OM staff decide what gets a ladder and what doesn't.

I reverted Hackmons back to having no rules because the people wanted a metagame without the EV limit or Team Preview, or any rules for that matter.

The ladder is not up for discussion. The OM staff decide what gets a ladder and what doesn't.

I reverted Hackmons back to having no rules because the people wanted a metagame without the EV limit or Team Preview, or any rules for that matter.
Right, so we're on the same page about Hackmons coming back -- to say the least.

Problem is, I don't see a Hackmons section in the ladder. Custom is not the same as Hackmons. And as part of the OM staff, I'm sure you have the brains to know this.

I have to disagree, and don't see the point in removing the ladder as well. But that's your call, whatever.

(Hey look what's happening. This thread is still being used to discuss the changes in the meta. If only someone had made a topic about this to re-direct people and have an open discussion about it.)

I'm done talking though, don't bother deleting this post. Feel free to kill your player base however you-so desire.

RIP Hackmons.

I'll try to keep this from a neutral point of view, which will be difficult, but even if that change was in order to make hackmons without the EV limit or Team Preview, you have failed. Last time I checked, custom game does have team preview.

I'll try to keep this from a neutral point of view, which will be difficult, but even if that change was in order to make hackmons without the EV limit or Team Preview, you have failed. Last time I checked, custom game does have team preview.
Oh shit. I apologize for the mistake. I could have sworn it didn't have Team Preview. I'll resolve this by adding back Hackmons as a challenge-only format. And also fix my announcement.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm The immortal i was wondering even if you did remove the ladder why can't we choose it by challenging someone? Like averagemons or alphabet cup don't have a ladder either but we can chall someone in this format.
Edit : k ignore me lol <.<

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Oh shit. I apologize for the mistake. I could have sworn it didn't have Team Preview. I'll resolve this by adding back Hackmons as a challenge-only format. And also fix my announcement.
this is literally all i wanted. I don't mind if it doesn't have a ladder, as long as you can challenge

i'm partially happy now

Zarel has decided to call the meta "Classic Hackmons". So you can refer to the no rules meta as that, while the meta with the EV limit and Team Preview as "Pure Hackmons". Pure Hackmons doesn't need a challenge option because it can be played via Custom Game.

You can use this thread to discuss both Classic and Pure Hackmons.

Zarel has decided to call the meta "Classic Hackmons". So you can refer to the no rules meta as that, while the meta with the EV limit and Team Preview as "Pure Hackmons". Pure Hackmons doesn't need a challenge option because it can be played via Custom Game.

You can use this thread to discuss both Classic and Pure Hackmons.
The lengthy conversation with staff paid off!

Thanks y'all for even considering bringing it back.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wow. The only meta I have a shred of skill at and now no ladder. Who should I blame-the challenge-format people or Nintendo for making Shedinja, Klinklang and Absol unviable in OU? I at least need an explanation why the decision to stop the ladder was made, because hackmons was going pretty well the last five gens, and it seemed to be especially interesting this gen. It might even have gotten a mention in one of the magazines. Then it disappears randomly, without even a mention in the news. Anyway, in pure I would say that Ghost arceus with Multitype, plate and judgment might work. What do you think?

Wow. The only meta I have a shred of skill at and now no ladder. Who should I blame-the challenge-format people or Nintendo for making Shedinja, Klinklang and Absol unviable in OU? I at least need an explanation why the decision to stop the ladder was made, because hackmons was going pretty well the last five gens, and it seemed to be especially interesting this gen. It might even have gotten a mention in one of the magazines. Then it disappears randomly, without even a mention in the news. Anyway, in pure I would say that Ghost arceus with Multitype, plate and judgment might work. What do you think?
If staff wants, I can literally pastebin the entire conversation and make it public. It covers both sides of the story, and makes it clear as to why it happened. Although I'm as dissatisfied as you still are, it's their call ultimately.

Also, definitely agree with you on Gen 6 being more interesting. Fairy typing completely balanced the tier out in a really weird and awesome way.

EV

Banned deucer.
Pokebroo , staff does not want. Also, The Immortal's post was sufficient in providing the "explanation why the decision to stop the ladder was made". Please read it here.

I'll quote what I said in pm to Pokebroo:
Because the ones with power do not feel it should have a ladder as it is not a good metagame in our eyes. You may love it, but this decision is not up to you. We decide the ladders. The community gets a say in only one ladder: OMotM.
Now move on from this topic.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
I'll quote what I said in pm to Pokebroo:

Now move on from this topic.
Should there be a whole thread to discuss this? Many people miss Hackmons and OMotM just isn't enough. I mean, if I were one of these people with "power", as you put it, I could just ban OU, because I don't like it. How is it "not a good metagame"?
Also, I feel that this whole thread would break down if that happened. Besides, power or not, we're all people, and there should have been at least a vote. If you delete this comment, I will keep lobbying for a vote.
Also, stop telling me to move on. You just can't move on from something so total, and I don't know why BH stayed besides. If I told you my latest ideas on Wonder Guarders, I wouldn't be telling my true feelings. This is Hackmons! Not that I'm yelling at you in particular, just that I'm angry because of this decision. This needs a place to be discussed (and if you say The Happy Place I will kill you) and it's not here. If I moved on from here, I'd move on from Hackmons.
If you keep refusing, I will gain power in the PS community and make the decision myself. I'm sorry I have to get angry like this, but about 100 people (guesstimate) are counting on the decision's reversal. Just because the higher-ups don't like it doesn't mean no one likes it.

That is not something up for discussion. I wish you luck in becoming OM leader.

Another point I'd like to add is that every OM has a group of supporters. Does this mean every OM should have a ladder? Hell no.

If you don't want to discuss the Hackmons metagame, I'm just going to lock this thread.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Thanks, I wish you luck when I get there. Anyway, Sub Scizor has prospects, because then you know what to powder. That can prove tricky against uncommon pokemon.
C'mon Immortal, join the conversation! You wanted us to discuss the meta so you should come along and give us your thoughts too!

Should there be a whole thread to discuss this? Many people miss Hackmons and OMotM just isn't enough. I mean, if I were one of these people with "power", as you put it, I could just ban OU, because I don't like it. How is it "not a good metagame"?
Also, I feel that this whole thread would break down if that happened. Besides, power or not, we're all people, and there should have been at least a vote. If you delete this comment, I will keep lobbying for a vote.
Also, stop telling me to move on. You just can't move on from something so total, and I don't know why BH stayed besides. If I told you my latest ideas on Wonder Guarders, I wouldn't be telling my true feelings. This is Hackmons! Not that I'm yelling at you in particular, just that I'm angry because of this decision. This needs a place to be discussed (and if you say The Happy Place I will kill you) and it's not here. If I moved on from here, I'd move on from Hackmons.
If you keep refusing, I will gain power in the PS community and make the decision myself. I'm sorry I have to get angry like this, but about 100 people (guesstimate) are counting on the decision's reversal. Just because the higher-ups don't like it doesn't mean no one likes it.
I made a topic with a voting option and to openly discuss the changes.

Topics been deleted for a reason. Staff won't budge on their decision, unfortunately.

Also don't lock this topic, the meta's still alive so let this place breath.

Edit: I just re-realized there's Gen 3/4/5 Metas in the simulator. Would it be possible to bring gen 4/5 Hackmons back? :)

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
whats the difference between ubers and hackmons now just wondering I can't tell much difference
Ubers: 510 EV limit. Vanilla and released Pokemon, movesets, abilities, and items. Mega-evolution and the corresponding stone is required to access mega formes.
Hackmons: No EV limit. Any Pokemon, movesets, abilities, and items. Mega-evolution and/or a mega-stone is not required to access mega formes.
The fact that you can't tell much difference is because Hackmons uses a lot of Ubers for stats and typings.

EV

Banned deucer.
I made a topic with a voting option and to openly discuss the changes.

Topics been deleted for a reason. Staff won't budge on their decision, unfortunately.

Also don't lock this topic, the meta's still alive so let this place breath.

Edit: I just re-realized there's Gen 3/4/5 Metas in the simulator. Would it be possible to bring gen 4/5 Hackmons back? :)
Old gen metagames are eligible for implementation through Pokemon Throwback. Next month's voting is about to start, but the following month may be a good time to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)