XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tentacruel analysis with moveset of scald / rapid spin / acid spray / rain dance is up for reservation

heatran update is also up for reservation. some movesets are rather meh...defensive set needs taunt listed as mandatory so it can actually beat cm clefable. moveset: lava plume | toxic / will-o-wisp | taunt | protect / stealth rock. roar, ap/edge, ep, flash cannon in moves. scarf shouldn't have double fire move as main moveset...lol.

gastrodon update is up for reservation. toxic needs to be listed as mandatory lol, ground stab and ice beam should be slashed in one slot.

phys def set for taunt toxic gliscor is up for reservation

Could I switch the write-up for Volcarona out? I don't really get the comments made my QC (I don't want to screw up making the new bulky sets), and I'd rather do Gastrodon

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could I switch the write-up for Volcarona out? I don't really get the comments made my QC (I don't want to screw up making the new bulky sets), and I'd rather do Gastrodon
ok, i'll switch the reservations

volcarona revamp is up for reservation, updating op with everything right now

By update you mean write up an entire analysis, correct?

And I'm guessing the only viable Lucario set is Espeed, SD, Close Combat, Ice Punch / EQ, because that's the only one I use.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
By update you mean write up an entire analysis, correct?

And I'm guessing the only viable Lucario set is Espeed, SD, Close Combat, Ice Punch / EQ, because that's the only one I use.
The fourth move IMO should be Ice Punch / Iron Tail. EQ has pretty much the same coverage as cc, so it's relatively pointless, while Iron Tail does a lot to Clefable, who otherwise walls you.

And yes, IMO SD is the only viable set.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Iron Tail > Ice Punch. Without Iron Tail you are stopped by Clefable, healthy CB and AV Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Mega Heracross, and Mew, while Ice Punch deals with Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp, with Gliscor's most common and best set atm being SpD, which is OHKOed by +2 Iron Tail after SR, while to KO Garchomp you need to hit it on the switch, where Close Combat already does a ton. Not to mention that Lando-T is kinda easy to wear down and takes 63% minimum from Iron Tail.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
May I reserve my SubCM Kleifki?
Just FYI, when you ask to reserve something that isn't on the reservation list, you should back it up with written evidence and preferably replays of either yourself or established players using the Pokemon in a relevant, high-skill battle. This is particularly true of a set as uncommon (and thereby dubious) as CM Klefki.

Last edited:
Just FYI, when you ask to reserve something that isn't on the reservation list, you should back it up with written evidence and preferably replays of either yourself or establishes players using the Pokemon in a relevant, high-skill battle. This is particularly true of a set as uncommon (and thereby dubious) as CM Klefki.
Ok yeah, I have a problem with and not the guy who said he was grabbing a Tentacruel and they just gave the Tentacruel

Ok yeah, I have a problem with and not the guy who said he was grabbing a Tentacruel and they just gave the Tentacruel
Tentacruel was on the reservation list, meaning that it had already been decided earlier that Tentacruel was viable and worthy of an analysis. SubCM Klefki is not on the reservation list, so if you want to do an analysis for it, then quit whining and show some reasoning as to why it's worthy of one.

EDIT: Dang it, TRC.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
post the set here and explain why its viable? thats what we're trying to get at here

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)