XY OU Moneyminty's Allstar (Peaked 1680) Cant pass 1600

Hello, Moneyminty here with my first RMT. I dont have the screenshot of the rank but trust me, I reached the upper 1600's with this team. I've been experimenting with teams for some months and this is my favorite. Probelm is, I cant get higher than 1650 without going on a massive losing streak. Ive looked at other RMT threads but I think my team is pretty solid. Raichu, Sylveon and Ferrothorn are my top 3 favorite mons so I kept them from the beginning.
I built this team around Heatran with him and Heatran as cores. The goal is to get my rocks up to weaken major threats Talonflame/Pinsir/Charizard while preventing the opponent from doing so, while my mons put in that work.

Here goes the Squad:

Steel Lettuce (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 176 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn,(Center) the Poke this team was based around. Rocks are a must for Ferro for obvious reasons.I have protect to scout for whatever the opponent wants to do and to also gain a little health back. Now I know alot of people run rocky helmet over lefties but I dont. I like to keep my ferro around as long as possible and the seed+leftie combo makes him unbearable. Also, Gyro Ball does alot to alot of OU mon even without attack investment. Problem is the major threats in this tier may lead and destroy like Charizard for example. The special defense investment are for Clefables with flamethrower(Been a while since I tweaked the sp). Maybe needs more investment.

Hot Boi (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Heatran,(Power Forward) is the second half of my core. Heatrans job is to be an all out attacker with coverage. The ancient power is for Mega Charizard Y/Talonflame/and Mega Pinsir. Ive ran this all out offense set and it works VERY well. Only problem is that it has problems with a Clefable or any specially defensive mon that sets up. For that, I sometimes change ancient power with roar. Other than that, hes a lovely mon. My only wish is that I can have roar and ap. sigh

O.V.O (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Surf

Now Latios,(Small Forward) does what every Latios in OU does; hits hard while being able to clear hazards off of the field with everyone's favorite move, defog. I find surf more useful than ice beam for I only seemed to used Ice beam on other dragons and why have ice beam when I have draco meteor. One problem with Latios is Sash Chomp ,Bisharp and any assault vest mon. I had psushock but was a meh move(to me atleast). Other than that, he wrecks every other dragon so...squad.

Sharpie (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat/Stone Edge

Now....Mega Pinsir,(Shooting Guard) is there for PURE POWER. I rekts shit. The reason why I dont run frustration is because I rarely see ditto's and could care less about running it for one pokemon in particular. I also abandoned swords dance because hes strong enough to do damage and Id rather go for damage every turn rather than setting up. I also switch out Close combat for Stone edge at time but switch often because of how inaccurate the move is. Does very well on this team.

Mega Pikachu (Raichu) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Signal Beam/Hidden Power [Ice]

The star of the team, Raichu (Point Guard) surprisingly does well in the OU tier. I very often change Signal beam with hidden power ice so dont complain about using that move. Signal Beam is used because of all the dark types that are in the tier and for Alakazam. People underestimate this fast, strong mon and that what makes him better to use. Sadly, he is very frail and I dont see the point in running sash for the point that there are so many priority moves and rocks. Hes the real MVP.

Ariana Grande (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last but not least, Sylveon, (Cheerleader) Sylveon serves as a support mon that deals good damage. She is the nurse joy of the team with the wish passes (usually to ferrothorn or heatran). Psyshock is a great move on her and I dont run calm mind because of the roar users out there which are pretty common. Also, Scizzor bullet punch ruins the pass off.Also, hidden power fire for Scizzor, ferro, and fortress that think Gyro ball or bullet punch scares me; think again.

Welp, thats the squad. If you have any suggestions feel free to share. Whole squad going up.

Threat List: Talonflame, Charizard(and and Char y) and Mega Pinsir

Lesse here, I used to run specs jolteon back in gen 5, so I have an idea of how raichu works (they're actually fairly similar mons). I always take HP ice over signal beam because it gives you boltbeam coverage and lets you hit garchomp, gliscor, and both landos, and that's important for any electric type in OU. Without it, you are literally a free swap in for all of those mons, even if you predict the swap in. With it, it can net you some nice kills with some prediction. I notice that you lack a strong revenge killer. May I suggest considering scarftran or scarf latios? There is a tradeoff for both obviously. Tran loses out on some very nice bulk and air balloon (only good on protect sets imo), and latios loses out on defog. If you do run scarf latios, then definitely replace m-pinsir with something that can deal with SR better. You may ever want to consider trying out gyarados to bait out those electric attacks for raichu to absorb.

That's all I really have to say.

First, i would disagree to what you said about abandoning Swords Dance, If you had +2 with swords dance then your quick attack(aerilated) or Return(aerilted) would be a total monster except to those that resist you(special mention:aggron). I think Mancetric is better than Raichu w/ higher base sp. attack, if you ran timid scarf manectric the he would be a total monster. I think you should change sylveon's hp fire to protect so you can heal easier. If you would use a defog user you can run latias instead, but it depends on you since for me the latios defog set is ok to me though.

Hey, this is a pretty interesting team you have here although you do have a few weaknesses to common team types such as Bird Spam. A way to fix this is to use Thundurus > Raichu; Thundurus in general is a better Pokemon than Raichu and it is also faster and stronger, and also has access to Defiant which brings support to your team with priority Thunder Waves. Thundurus can also handle Bird Spam a lot better due to being faster than Mega Pinsir, and being able to outspeed Adamant Talonflame and paralyse Jolly ones.

Also, I notice that your team is pretty weak to Charizard X, so to help fix this I suggest using Azumarill > Sylveon. To be honest, your team really doesn't need Sylveon at all + Azumarill fits much better as a fairy type as it is able to beat HP fire Greninja for you as well as check Charizards X which is a pretty huge problem for you; Furthermore, Azumarill can cover a lot of the threats that Sylveon can. I know Sylveon can pass wishes off, however I think it's worth not having wish if you can check Charizards X + Hp fire Greninja wish Azumarill.

I also noticed that some of your sets are not being utilized to the maximum of their potential. On Latios you should use Hidden Power Fighting > Energy Ball to lure and hit Bisharp which could be a little problematic for you, and you should use Psyshock > Surf. Also on Pinsir, you should run Swords Dance > Earthquake as this gives you a set up sweeper + Close Combat is able to hit everything that Close Combat can, however Close Combat can hit more. Also on Pinsir you should use 252 Speed + 252 Attack, as Pinsir is not really a defensive Pokemon there is no point in running any HP ev's on it. Another thing that you should change is Power Whip > Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn, and transfer Stealth Rocks To Heatran (I'll paste a good Heatran set below).

Anyway, good luck testing and I hope I helped!

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

5 things, 1: Your team has a large weakness to Charizard X so I would advise switching out the Sylveon for AV Azumarill. Reason being if a Charizard X get's to a +1 you will be losing about half your team to it before your Pinsir will be able to react with a QA. 2: Replace the 252hp Evs on your Pinsir and put them into speed because simply put; it's not going to be taking any hits any time soon. Also on the topic of Pinsir Swordsdance>Earthquake and use Close Combat>Stone edge. Reason being Close combat at +2 will get rid of a lot of Pinsir's threats and it hits everything EQ hits besides from those pesky unspecific Steel Flying types with 140 base defense. 3: As High Impulse said run HP fighting over Energy ball as it does a large amount of damage to Tyranitar on the switch and to Bisharp. Surf is preference if you want to get rid of a Heatran or Excadrill however I would run EQ or HP ground if that is your intention. 4: Raikou>Raichu!!! Raikou outclasses Raichu in every single way possible. Nevertheless, you can run a similar life orb set but instead of Grass knot you can + Volt Switch you could instead go for a CM set or whatever takes your pick. Lastly, why is Heatran not named Hot (BAN ME PLEASE)?

cool, will try. I think im gonna try bd azumarill tho. It works way more than it should.
Hey, this is a pretty interesting team you have here although you do have a few weaknesses to common team types such as Bird Spam. A way to fix this is to use Thundurus > Raichu; Thundurus in general is a better Pokemon than Raichu and it is also faster and stronger, and also has access to Defiant which brings support to your team with priority Thunder Waves. Thundurus can also handle Bird Spam a lot better due to being faster than Mega Pinsir, and being able to outspeed Adamant Talonflame and paralyse Jolly ones.

Also, I notice that your team is pretty weak to Charizard X, so to help fix this I suggest using Azumarill > Sylveon. To be honest, your team really doesn't need Sylveon at all + Azumarill fits much better as a fairy type as it is able to beat HP fire Greninja for you as well as check Charizards X which is a pretty huge problem for you; Furthermore, Azumarill can cover a lot of the threats that Sylveon can. I know Sylveon can pass wishes off, however I think it's worth not having wish if you can check Charizards X + Hp fire Greninja wish Azumarill.

I also noticed that some of your sets are not being utilized to the maximum of their potential. On Latios you should use Hidden Power Fighting > Energy Ball to lure and hit Bisharp which could be a little problematic for you, and you should use Psyshock > Surf. Also on Pinsir, you should run Swords Dance > Earthquake as this gives you a set up sweeper + Close Combat is able to hit everything that Close Combat can, however Close Combat can hit more. Also on Pinsir you should use 252 Speed + 252 Attack, as Pinsir is not really a defensive Pokemon there is no point in running any HP ev's on it. Another thing that you should change is Power Whip > Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn, and transfer Stealth Rocks To Heatran (I'll paste a good Heatran set below).

Anyway, good luck testing and I hope I helped!

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)