SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Okay so I'm a little late to the party here, but for the love of god stop canon-crossing. The anime universe is not a reliable source for over-arching canon and little to no bearing on the games. It's like saying a spinoff comic for Star Wars is just as important to the story as the original movies when it more that likely doesn't mean shit if it contradicts anything (which the anime does way too much to be considered reliable).
Honestly, that's not just a thing with the anime. Pretty much all forms of Pokemon media contradicts itself/each other. Cubone cries over its dead mother? From gen 2 onwards you can breed a female Cubone/Marowak with anything in the Monster egg group and it still lives on even after you've hatched all the Cubone you want out of it, and you certainly don't lose your Ditto if breeding with a male, yet that entry still lingers. (they're even born with that skull over their head and carrying that bone club in their hand) It seems only just recently that Raichu and Gastly are no longer killing fainting Indian elephants to prove some arbitrary point. Ash has been on his journey for...how long now? and is still 10...ish. I'm not so sure about the Pokemon Adventures manga, but there's probably inconsistencies with itself there too.

Alright, so I have a question. I know there have been many references to pokemon wars, like Lt. Surge being a lieutenant(a position in the army) and some stuff in kalos, but do we know anything about these wars? I mean, were there fatalities and such or were they just like in game battering, where your pokemon just faint. There have been plenty of pokemon cemeteries, but I cannot recall a human cemetery, which calls to question what happens to the human dead. There also seems to be no active military force anywhere. For example Lt. Surge seems not all that old so there had to have been a military in operation relatively recently( at least in kanto), despite no such visual in-game evidence. I can understand not putting the army in games for the younger audiences, but then why reference it? And let's be real, you are blasting things with fire and electricity until they faint so the game is violence oriented anyway so it dosent follow suit. Anyway, Your speculation would be appreciated!

Alright, so I have a question. I know there have been many references to pokemon wars, like Lt. Surge being a lieutenant(a position in the army) and some stuff in kalos, but do we know anything about these wars? I mean, were there fatalities and such or were they just like in game battering, where your pokemon just faint. There have been plenty of pokemon cemeteries, but I cannot recall a human cemetery, which calls to question what happens to the human dead. There also seems to be no active military force anywhere. For example Lt. Surge seems not all that old so there had to have been a military in operation relatively recently( at least in kanto), despite no such visual in-game evidence. I can understand not putting the army in games for the younger audiences, but then why reference it? And let's be real, you are blasting things with fire and electricity until they faint so the game is violence oriented anyway so it dosent follow suit. Anyway, Your speculation would be appreciated!
Who said anything about an operation in Kanto? Lt. Surge is "The lightning American"...though now that we've had a region based on part of the US (Unova) who knows if that title exactly sticks that well. But apparently he used Electric types in the war to paralyze his enemies rather than out and out kill. (can't tell if that's the actual 'truth' or changed for localization like Yveltal going from Death to Destruction)

I imagine there were a crap-ton of casualties when AZ turned his device into the Ultimate Weapon to end the war, and there may have been some with the wars between the twin heroes after the founding of Unova when the dragon split into Reshiram and Zekrom. As for honoring the human dead...I guess no one really cares about that. A Pokemon dying is a huge deal, but a human? Meh. It's kind of unsettling, really.

Haha, by operation I meant like an organization, not an execution of a battle or mission. Anyway, where did you find out about Surge's war techniques, I'm just wondering if I missed this in-game or if it's from another source.

Haha, by operation I meant like an organization, not an execution of a battle or mission. Anyway, where did you find out about Surge's war techniques, I'm just wondering if I missed this in-game or if it's from another source.
He mentions it when you reach him to fight him in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and I presume in the original games as well. They saved him in the war and he used them to shock his enemies into paralysis. There's probably a full quote of it somewhere, as I don't particularly feel like starting over Fire Red just to get that quote.

I just beat Y again, and in fighting AZ I realized something.

AZ wears a knee brace on his left leg. Taking that into consideration, it lends more evidence to my theory that AZ's unusual growth isn't good for his health and is putting him in constant pain (look up "Robert Wadlow" if you want to know what I mean). Geez, the poor guy.

AZ wears a knee brace on his left leg. Taking that into consideration, it lends more evidence to my theory that AZ's unusual growth isn't good for his health and is putting him in constant pain (look up "Robert Wadlow" if you want to know what I mean). Geez, the poor guy.
But it's not just any knee brace, it's a POKEMON KNEE BRACE, which gives him the nut kicking power of a god as well. : D
But really back to the topic I think Lt. Surge's Tactics were a card at one point in a really old set..I think I remember seeing it when I looked at original sets on serebii once.

How does a ditto breed with pokemon? Like for normal pokemon like ratatta and infernape it just transforms into opposite gender of the same species. But what about the male only and female only pokemon? Are there secret female hitmons and male blisseys that only ditto is able to transform into? Or does ditto just climb into the females vagina/get pierced by dicks?

My best guess for non gendered pokemon like magnimite, is just look up how worms mate and say that the base pokemon is missing something, that's all I'll say, because lalalalalalala my brain burns enough thinking about this.

He mentions it when you reach him to fight him in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and I presume in the original games as well. They saved him in the war and he used them to shock his enemies into paralysis. There's probably a full quote of it somewhere, as I don't particularly feel like starting over Fire Red just to get that quote.
Here it is (thank you Bulbapedia!):
"I tell you kid, electric Pokémon saved me during the war! They zapped my enemies into paralysis!"
This is from Red, Blue, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Exactly the same between each version (Yellow was different thanks to the anime portrayal of Surge).

One thing related to the whole mystery war is the lack of 20-30 year old males in Kanto. The few you do find are typically sailors or Surge. Makes you wonder how devastating that war was...

There was a kid like that at my school. He had an operation to reduce the levels of growth hormone in his body, at the age of 14, by which point he was six foot six. If he hadn't had that operation he would be dead by now.

Here it is (thank you Bulbapedia!):
"I tell you kid, electric Pokémon saved me during the war! They zapped my enemies into paralysis!"
This is from Red, Blue, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Exactly the same between each version (Yellow was different thanks to the anime portrayal of Surge).

One thing related to the whole mystery war is the lack of 20-30 year old males in Kanto. The few you do find are typically sailors or Surge. Makes you wonder how devastating that war was...
Wait, what are you talking about? I feel like the majority of the trainers are 20+ year old males. the second largest demographic is kids that are more equally female and male, and the trainers you NEVER see are full grown females. I think Beauties are the only ones and they still seem like very young adult type girls or possibly just mature teenagers.

I would say all the Rocket Grunts, Black Belts, Rocker, Bird Keepers, Bikers, Burglars, and Jugglers, are 20-30
Engineers, Hikers, Cue Balls, Scientist, and Fisherman all look like they could be 30+ but in you could argue some of them are like 27 or something. And a few trainers like Super Nerd seem like older teenagers but could be 20+ too. Kanto has a pretty diverse demographic of males.

Wait, what are you talking about? I feel like the majority of the trainers are 20+ year old males. the second largest demographic is kids that are more equally female and male, and the trainers you NEVER see are full grown females. I think Beauties are the only ones and they still seem like very young adult type girls or possibly just mature teenagers.

I would say all the Rocket Grunts, Black Belts, Rocker, Bird Keepers, Bikers, Burglars, and Jugglers, are 20-30
Engineers, Hikers, Cue Balls, Scientist, and Fisherman all look like they could be 30+ but in you could argue some of them are like 27 or something. And a few trainers like Super Nerd seem like older teenagers but could be 20+ too. Kanto has a pretty diverse age demographic of males.
Fixed and wait I forgot are there Hispanic or black people in pokemon again? I just see so few of them I forgot they exist. <_<

Note the sarcasm.

Now here's the real mystery in pokemon why are there no non sterotypes in pokemon?
Let's see, you have the dainty girls that would never get their hands dirty because that would ruin their oh so beautiful pink dress made out of silk that costs one thousand IRL dollars a yard. AKA a sexist female stereotype. Then you have the secondary negative female stereotype which is a punk girl that will rip your throat out because she just looks so emo punk.

Then we have the hipster/beak dancer stereo type which I will not even get into as it does NOT need to be explained.

Then we have Teirno which I will not go into asides from a dumb kid that weighs more than 70 pounds...oh no wait that's his entire character, my bad.

Dear pokemon people are more than white and/or old/and or female/male/non binary gendered.

Guess I should have been specific, but yeah I meant diverse age range.
The graphics are bad and anime style character are pretty racially ambiguous when it comes to Asian v. White. But just given a lot of parallel cultrual examples and the fact RBY are set in Kanto, Japan litterally, I think it's safe to assume whites are pretty under represented too. Lt. Surge being the only one.

Even though the racially diverse portion of Japanese residents is like less than 1% I'd say Nintendo/ Game Freak is doing an increasingly good job of recognizing their world audience and adding increasing diversity. I'm sure people have different standards but as long as you don't want an all Japanese cast they're improving X)

Fixed and wait I forgot are there Hispanic or black people in pokemon again? I just see so few of them I forgot they exist. <_<

Note the sarcasm.

Now here's the real mystery in pokemon why are there no non sterotypes in pokemon?
Let's see, you have the dainty girls that would never get their hands dirty because that would ruin their oh so beautiful pink dress made out of silk that costs one thousand IRL dollars a yard. AKA a sexist female stereotype. Then you have the secondary negative female stereotype which is a punk girl that will rip your throat out because she just looks so emo punk.

Then we have the hipster/beak dancer stereo type which I will not even get into as it does NOT need to be explained.

Then we have Teirno which I will not go into asides from a dumb kid that weighs more than 70 pounds...oh no wait that's his entire character, my bad.

Dear pokemon people are more than white and/or old/and or female/male/non binary gendered.
Well to be truthful...I'm not expecting much out of the NPC opponents that you're only going to face once...

And that's not true about Tierno! He likes to dance! That is his entire character. His everything. Even the moves he requests to see in exchange for heart scales are all 'dance' moves.

Well to be truthful...I'm not expecting much out of the NPC opponents that you're only going to face once...

And that's not true about Tierno! He likes to dance! That is his entire character. His everything. Even the moves he requests to see in exchange for heart scales are all 'dance' moves.
*kid that weighs more than 70 pounds is dumb and likes to dance, FIXED....same difference.........BUT now he's TWICE as stupid because now his pokemon have somehow even STUPIDER move pools.

Here's my own theory on the origin of the Pokemon universe. Warning! Massive wall of text inbound!

In the beginning, there was nothing. And then there was an egg, which hatched and formed Arceus. At this point the universe had no space or time; only Arceus. So Arceus used its then-omnipotence to create Dialga, the being of time, and Palkia, the being of space. Dialga was given the job of setting the universe in motion, while Palkia expanded space in all directions and in infinite dimensions. At this time, Arceus, with the help of Dialga and Palkia, created all of the stars, galaxies, planets, etc. But this universe was fundamentally unstable; Dialga and Palkia effectively had to micromanage it. So Arceus created another universe that would support this one; a reverse universe, if you will. It would be inhabited by Arceus's next creation, Giratina. Now the universe and the Distortion World would act as backbones to each other, and at last the universe was stable. But Arceus was still not pleased, for it had a gentle side as well. So Arceus created a planet that was to be unlike the coldness of the rest of the universe: it would be warm, and teeming with life.

But for now, the planet was nothing but barren rock, scorched by a sun. So Arceus breathed over the planet, and its breath became the atmosphere. This atmosphere would protect this planet from the sun's deadly rays. But the planet was unmoving; it lacked the spark of life. So Arceus created the ancestor of all intelligent life on Earth, Mew. Mew, like Arceus, was immortal, and was given the ability to bring forth all manner of Pokemon. But on this barren planet of nothing but rock and air, no life would survive, let alone multiply. So Arceus created the first guardian of Earth, Kyogre, and He appointed Kyogre to cover the Earth in life-giving oceans. So Kyogre was set upon the Earth, and in an instant a huge volume of water began to pour from its body until the entire Earth was covered in oceans and swamps. Mew then brought forth plants such as kelp and seaweed, as well as Pokemon such as Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Tirtouga, Carracosta, and Relicanth. And so these Pokemon multiplied and lived in the waters of the Earth for several million years. And so it was the First Age, when the Earth was flooded and ruled by Kyogre.

But eventually Arceus grew displeased with the water-covered Earth. So He sent Kyogre into a deep sleep, and created the second guardian of Earth, the Terrestrial One, Groudon, from an underwater volcano. Arceus placed Groudon on the driest part of Earth (which isn't saying much), and commanded Groudon to dry the planet up. Immediately, the sun's rays became many times more powerful, and the oceans shrank as massive mountains rose up out of the ground. Soon water only existed in small lakes and rivers, and the aquatic Pokemon began to go into decline, and eventually became extinct. Mew created plants such as cacti and palm trees, in addition to Pokemon better suited to the hot, dry environment, such as Yanmega, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Aerodactyl, Tyrunt, and Tyrantrum. In addition to this, Mew created the first Bird Pokemon, Archen and Archeops. And so it was the Second Age, when Earth was largely mountains and desert, ruled by Groudon.

But once again, Arceus became displeased eventually, and brought Kyogre back out of its slumber. Arceus hoped that Kyogre and Groudon would rule side-by-side and keep the world in balance, but instead, Kyogre and Groudon began to quarrel more and more, until eventually they were raging an all-out war, with massive tidal waves destroying land life, and catastrophic volcanic eruptions obliterating sea life. Arceus was furious at this, but did not want to destroy them. Instead, Arceus created the third guardian, Rayquaza, who had powers that could balance Groudon and Kyogre's and would rule the sky. Now the land and the sea were in balance, and so began an age of great prosperity. Mew covered the Earth in thick forests and jungles, but didn't like that Earth was just one big continent surrounded by ocean. So Mew prayed to Arceus, and Arceus created Regigigas who, after waiting for 5 turns, used its tremendous strength to break apart Pangaea and move the continents to where they are now. Regigigas also created three statues out of clay, ice, and magma, and Mew gave them life. Arceus, pleased with this, sent Regirock, Regice, and Registeel to guard the geography from deep underground. Regigigas, his work done, went into a deep slumber and changed to stone. Now the Earth had something new: diversity. Different latitudes had very different climates, and so Mew created different Pokemon for different parts of the globe. Near the equator, Mew made dense jungles which would be home to Pokemon such as Sceptile and Breloom. And so it was the Third Age, when Earth was in balance.

Further away from the equator, the temperature was more mild, and so Mew brought forth windswept grasslands home to Tauros, Bouffalant, Doduo, Dodrio, and Nidoran, while up above flew Pokemon such as Swellow and Pidgeotto. Mew also made vast forests spring up, in which many Bug and Grass Pokemon would inhabit. Way up at the poles, where the weather was very cold, Mew created Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Walrein, Amaura, and Froslass which were adapted to the icy climate, while in the rocky terrain of mountains came Pokemon such as Geodude, Onix, Machop, Larvitar, and Lucario.

But the Earth was still missing something. Now many types of Pokemon filled the Earth, but Mew thought that there should be something more. An intelligent creature, who would be able to understand the world on a much deeper level. Mew made several tries to make a creature that was smarter, but failed every time, resulting in Pokemon such as Alakazam, Gallade, and Chimchar. Mew lacked the power to create spirit, and so he once again prayed to Arceus. Arceus responded by making three final creations: Uxie, the being of knowledge; Mesprit, the being of emotion; and Azelf, the being of willpower. Mew, greatly thankful, took the body of a Machop, and the three pixies at last endowed it with spirit, thereby creating the Pokemon world's first human.

Stories of minor legendaries

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Lugia
Early on in the Third Age of Earth, Mew took three Bird Pokemon and gave them powers. They were given the job of controlling the weather, but their powers were much weaker than Kyogre and Groudon's. Articuno inhabited the arctic regions and caused great blizzards. Zapdos flew throughout the world and caused lightning storms. Moltres was gentler than Articuno and Zapdos, and brought sunny skies wherever it went. Arceus, fearing that the birds would be too powerful, created Lugia to balance them. Lugia, however, caused terrible hurricanes and tornadoes of unparalleled force wherever it went. Arceus, angry with Lugia, banished it to the bottom of the ocean to be Kyogre's servant.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Ho-oh
In the ancient Johto Region, there were two towers: the Tin Tower, which still stands today, and the Brass Tower. One day in the Brass Tower, three Pokemon entered it: Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon. But there was a strange energy surrounding the tower that caused their powers to grow out of control. Jolteon called down a terrible lightning strike, Flareon set the tower ablaze, and after some time, Vaporeon finally called torrential rain to put out the fire. But it was too late: the tower lay in ruins, and all three had perished. But then a miracle happened: A rainbow from Arceus fell on the charred remains of the tower, and out of the ashes soared the rainbow incarnate: Ho-oh. Ho-oh then shone its seven colours on the tower, and the three Eeveelutions sprang out, their true forms revealed as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Ho-oh still soars through the skies on a rainbow to this day.

Celebi
When Mew created the forests in the Third Age, Celebi was born along with them. Since Celebi is one with the forests, it suffers massively when they are damaged. Thus, Celebi became the protector of all nature, and due to its devotion to the forests, even Dialga was impressed, and gave it the ability to travel through time. Dialga put barriers in the space-time continuum to avoid paradoxes; thus, although Celebi can go forward in time indefinitely, it is unable to go back before it was born.

Latios and Latias
Latios and Latias are, contrary to popular belief, not legendary, but are simply very, very rare. But they have one interesting characteristic: a Latios and a Latias that are born together share one soul, which can sometimes manifest itself as the Soul Dew. They will only accept orders from a trainer who has a pure heart.

Deoxys
Deoxys is a virus that was flung into space by accident when Arceus created Mew. It naturally evolved, before coming back to Earth in modern times to be shot with a laser.

Darkrai and Cresselia
Darkrai is a creation of Giratina, who resented Arceus for banishing it into the distortion world. So, it created darkness incarnate, which would torment all living things on Earth for eternity. This began a dark time, when Darkrai swept across the world, giving all who saw it terrible nightmares. Since Darkrai was created out of spite, it means no harm, but still greatly harms all around it. Eventually, though, came a full moon, and Mew used the light of the full moon to create Cresselia, who had the power ward off nightmares, and could banish darkness. Cresselia is the only being that Darkrai truly fears.

Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem
This legend is well known. Once upon a time, there were two brothers. They originally worked together with an ancient dragon to found a nation, but over time, the brothers started to argue. The older one wanted a world of truth, while the younger wanted an ideal world. The dragon, torn, split its soul into two parts: Reshiram sided with the older brother, and Zekrom sided with the younger brother. The empty shell of the original dragon became Kyurem, who waits for its empty body to be filled again.

Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo
These Pokemon were originally not legendary, but they earned their legendary status when there was a great forest fire caused by humans, in which many Pokemon were in mortal danger. The musketeer trio worked to save each and every Pokemon: Virizion put out fires with its swift movements, Terrakion caused great landslides to form barriers, and Cobalion led the Pokemon out of the forest to safety. Among the Pokemon rescued was Keldeo, which the three adopted and raised as one of their own.

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus
Tornadus and Thundurus were causing a lot of trouble. Tornadus caused terrible hurricanes, and Thundurus, unlike Zapdos who restrained its power, shot lightning out of its cloud with no restraint. They caused destruction all over Unova, causing people everywhere to despair. Landorus, the eldest of the three, was furious at the other two, and punished them by banning them to Ubers sealing them inside a shrine for one thousand years.

And so ends the massive wall of text. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Lol. Looks like you put a lot of thought into that. While I cannot say that I agree with all of it, a lot of it does makes sense. Definetly the creation of the universe part, and if arceus was the first pokemon in a universe of nothing it appears that he must have created humans, which hadn't even occurred to me, and I believe your theory on that is pretty close to spot on. I think your theories may be a bit too arceus based, like I don't think mew prayed to him. Overall though: solid!

Lol. Looks like you put a lot of thought into that. While I cannot say that I agree with all of it, a lot of it does makes sense. Definetly the creation of the universe part, and if arceus was the first pokemon in a universe of nothing it appears that he must have created humans, which hadn't even occurred to me, and I believe your theory on that is pretty close to spot on. I think your theories may be a bit too arceus based, like I don't think mew prayed to him. Overall though: solid!
Heh, I'm glad you liked it! The main reason that I made it so Arceus-based is because Mew doesn't have the power to create legendary mons, but Arceus does.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I actually think humans in the Pokemon world are Psychic-type Pokemon, and lucariomaster2's theory kind of confirms it. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Sabrina says that all humans have psychic powers, but unfortunately most people go their whole lives without realizing it. This also explains how certain humans like N or Yellow are born with special powers that give them a deeper connection with Pokemon.

Psychics are the smartest Pokemon type and humans are obviously still the dominant animal in the Pokemon universe so it could be that humans access their psychic power passively by just being the smartest. I think the reliance on technology and other Pokemon prevents most humans from having the discipline to achieve true psychic abilities.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What about all the fighting type humans?
I was about to say dual-typed but then I remembered there are no type differences within the same species. I think the better answer is that certain humans just have an affinity to fighting, but that doesn't necessarily make them a fighting type. Unlike fighting type Pokemon, they aren't born that way, they have to go through training and workouts to achieve that kind of condition. You wouldn't say a gardener is a grass type just because they are knowledgeable about plants and enjoy working with them, for example. I think all humans have to be psychic types, aside from the fact it's explicitly stated (I know that doesn't hold up for everyone), it also explains why humans are more intelligent than Pokemon (at least in general).

I think that it is more likely that humans descended from Psychic-type Pokémon rather being Psychic-type Pokémon. Likely the Abra line due to that one Pokédex entry that says a boy once woke up and discovered he transformed into a Kadabra while he was sleeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)