SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Yeah, they tried to get them to dive because they were in the way. The Wailmer themselves took initiative for that blockade, not Team Aqua.

^Yeah, they tried to get them to dive because they were in the way. The Wailmer themselves took initiative for that blockade, not Team Aqua.
Really? I though it was a training session, like that girl in Cerulean and her disobedient Slowbro. But I haven't played Emerald in a long while.

Still doesn't explain why they absolutely needed to steal a submarine.

Maybe most people don't know how to use tms. I mean there is the wingull guy.... Or maybe team aqua/magma are humane people so they feel it is wrong to utilize HM slaves like the rest of us. The most likely answer is that the sub is much faster than surfing/diving with a pokemon and therefore much more practical.

No, the TM thing doesn't work because Gym Leaders and advanced trainers all use TM's themselves. Even if just finding the TM/HM is the problem, I pointed out that Wailmer naturally learn Dive (granted, that's a Gen4 onwards thing and this was Gen3...).

But they stole the submarine after getting the red/blue orb, and said they needed it to explore the ocean floor. Taking time out to commit grand theft submersible was easier than just getting their whales to dive, cutting out the middle man?

Plus it can't be that much faster since you arrive in the nick of time either way, or else we wouldn't have a plot.

Of course I'm picking this apart WAY. TOO. MUCH. But it's just so fun... I'll drop it as bad writing or plot hole for now and leave it at that. Don't want to violate my own stance on obsessing over contradictions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello! New user though long time viewer. Thought as long as I joined I also post in other threads I keep an eye on. :)

Grand Theft Submarine:
My guess is that the submarine probably had equipment which Aqua/Magma were able to detect where the Seafloor Cavern was (remember, we find it simply because we're playing a game and to advance the plot we had to find where it was to stop the bad guys). Who knows, maybe the reason it was so easy to find is because Team Aqua/Magma blasted open the entrance after detecting where it is.

Hello! New user though long time viewer. Thought as long as I joined I also post in other threads I keep an eye on. :)

Grand Theft Submarine:
My guess is that the submarine probably had equipment which Aqua/Magma were able to detect where the Seafloor Cavern was (remember, we find it simply because we're playing a game and to advance the plot we had to find where it was to stop the bad guys). Who knows, maybe the reason it was so easy to find is because Team Aqua/Magma blasted open the entrance after detecting where it is.
Welcome to Smogon!

That's actually an interesting and plausible explanation. I never considered that the cave would be sealed, but that would make some sense given how old it is. Does make you wonder why Captain Stern is making a militarized submarine for ocean explanation, but I still like this theory.

Not every Aqua Grunt is carrying a Water type on them, though. And there's also the fact the story originally had to fit for both Team Aqua and Team Magma, and the latter definitely don't have Water types on them. The main reason might be, however, is that they needed the Devon Goods they tried to steal in Rustboro and in Slateport. I don't think the Goods were for the S.S. Tidal, but for Stern's submarine. Admittedly, I could be misremembering what they were for, it's been awhile since I last played Ruby or Emerald.

Not every Aqua Grunt is carrying a Water type on them, though. And there's also the fact the story originally had to fit for both Team Aqua and Team Magma, and the latter definitely don't have Water types on them. The main reason might be, however, is that they needed the Devon Goods they tried to steal in Rustboro and in Slateport. I don't think the Goods were for the S.S. Tidal, but for Stern's submarine. Admittedly, I could be misremembering what they were for, it's been awhile since I last played Ruby or Emerald.
The Devon Goods was something for the submarine.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Welcome to Smogon!

That's actually an interesting and plausible explanation. I never considered that the cave would be sealed, but that would make some sense given how old it is. Does make you wonder why Captain Stern is making a militarized submarine for ocean explanation, but I still like this theory.
Thanks!

Actually the sub would only have sonar, Aqua/Magma would have brought either depth charges with them or have a Pokemon capable of carving out a whole for them. A terrorist group getting/making a bomb (or in the Pokemon world, training a Pokemon to cause massive destruction) isn't hard, but creating highly sensitive sonar equipment? They're gonna need to steal that an if that sonar equipment just so happen to be equipped to a submarine, well they get a sweet ride out of the deal!

Oh yeah, never thought about that. The Devin Goods might as well been the sonar I was theorizing the sub to have. :)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Yeah that would make sense I guess, maybe humans are related to Jynx and Mr. Mimes lol (and Gardevoirs...oh Lord)

Like I said on the last page, I think their reliance on technology and other Pokemon caused their psychic abilities to become passive and that's kind of where they split off.
Actually, the Sinnoh library suggests that common ancestors are the case.
I think the English text says something like humans and Pokemon used to be inseparable.
Whilst the same text in Japanese version said that ancient humans used to marry Pokemon. (The English version is censored)

That's why a lot of Japanese fans believe that humanoid Pokemon are the result of cross marriage. (ie: hybrids)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Actually, the Sinnoh library suggests that common ancestors are the case.
I think the English text says something like humans and Pokemon used to be inseparable.
Whilst the same text in Japanese version said that ancient humans used to marry Pokemon. (The English version is censored)

That's why a lot of Japanese fans believe that humanoid Pokemon are the result of cross marriage. (ie: hybrids)
That would be Sinnoh Folk Tales 3.

Alright, I have a question pertaining to deoxys. This is it's emerald pokedex entry:
EmeraldA Pokémon that mutated from an extraterrestrial virus exposed to a laser beam. Its body is configured for superior agility and speed.
Now who the hell would shoot a laser beam at an extraterrestrial virus? Is it possible that deoxys was actually the creation of an evil team, much like mewtwo and genesect? If not, who is going around shooting lasers at space stuff?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This question made me Google "can laser beams occur naturally" which is hilarious, I never thought I'd ever search for something like that. I'm not much of a scientist so I'm not making any real sense of it but from what I can gather it looks like it is possible and it can happen in space.

If we had to have humans involved, maybe they fired a laser into space to destroy a meteor that was going to hit Earth, like in Megaman or really a lot of Science Fiction stories. I personally don't subscribe to that theory though, because it seems like Deoxys is really a mystery to everyone in-universe.

Alright, I have a question pertaining to deoxys. This is it's emerald pokedex entry:
EmeraldA Pokémon that mutated from an extraterrestrial virus exposed to a laser beam. Its body is configured for superior agility and speed.
Now who the hell would shoot a laser beam at an extraterrestrial virus? Is it possible that deoxys was actually the creation of an evil team, much like mewtwo and genesect? If not, who is going around shooting lasers at space stuff?
That was one of us missing with Hyper Beam.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Maybe the scientists were shooting a laser beam at a space rock (a laser beam doesn't have to be the damaging kind. A laser beam is just a beam of focused light so it could have been examining what the space rock was made of or creating an x-ray of inside. Or it could be used to have created a small hold within the meteor to examine the inside of the space rock) and as it turns out the space rock had a dormant virus that reacted violently being exposed and created Deoxys. Honestly the Pokedex entry for Deoyxs never made much sense to me, to me I always thought the explanation given for the creation of the aliens in the movie "Evolution": Deoxys was a dormant virus on a space rock that entered into space orbit and as it was falling to Earth the entry super heated the virus which reacted to it and started evolving.

With deoxys being from space and all, and it being introduced in hoenn, maybe we will find some more stuff about it at the mossdeep space center in ORAS! It's probly not going to happen, but it would be nice to know about all those pokemon with origins supposedly from space; such as clefairy, starmie, beheeyem, deoxys, etc. The funny part about the hyper beam thing is that in pokemon mystery dungeon (yeah, I know it doesn't stay consistent with the main series) rayquaza hyper beams a falling meteor to save the earth, then later on you find that deoxys was on the meteor and (possibly) created from that hyper beam. It fits with what was said by Vader_The_White and Hulavuta, but it unfortunaly dosent mean much because it is a different canon :/

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
With deoxys being from space and all, and it being introduced in hoenn, maybe we will find some more stuff about it at the mossdeep space center in ORAS! It's probly not going to happen, but it would be nice to know about all those pokemon with origins supposedly from space; such as clefairy, starmie, beheeyem, deoxys, etc. The funny part about the hyper beam thing is that in pokemon mystery dungeon (yeah, I know it doesn't stay consistent with the main series) rayquaza hyper beams a falling meteor to save the earth, then later on you find that deoxys was on the meteor and (possibly) created from that hyper beam. It fits with what was said by Vader_The_White and Hulavuta, but it unfortunaly dosent mean much because it is a different canon :/
Maybe that's just how some Deoxys are made but not all? Or maybe the virus is just a dormant Deoxys who went into that state and the laser beam jut woke it up.

It may or may not be dumb, but I'd like to ask:
Who the hell puts those berries in that stand in Coumarine City? And why?
Someone is leaving free berries, that are actually laced, for you to unexpectedly take and then get addicted to. Once you are hooked he's gonna make you pay bank for those berries.
Actually though I got no idea. It's probably really just a way to get easy access to berries, like the TM girl in the same town.

Someone is leaving free berries, that are actually laced, for you to unexpectedly take and then get addicted to. Once you are hooked he's gonna make you pay bank for those berries.
Actually though I got no idea. It's probably really just a way to get easy access to berries, like the TM girl in the same town.
Oh fuck that's why my money is disappearing
Well, at least that girl has some sort of purpose, which is testing your knowledge about the moves in those TMs(ok it's pretty bad, but it's better than giving them freely imo). Maybe the berry fields guy(not you) harvested too many berries, and he is giving them away?

Oh fuck that's why my money is disappearing
Well, at least that girl has some sort of purpose, which is testing your knowledge about the moves in those TMs(ok it's pretty bad, but it's better than giving them freely imo). Maybe the berry fields guy(not you) harvested too many berries, and he is giving them away?
It's not exactly giving away if you're being asked if you'd like to leave a tip, now is it? (regardless if you actually tip or not)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm convinced that tipping was a social experiment Game Freak was conducting...to see if people could get so immersed into the game that they felt obligated to give away money to satisfy a simulation of a social norm that had zero consequence. Personally I always felt guilty if I never tipped, lol. Even if I had them say the same thing to me twice because I had to re-read it, I'd tip them twice.

Speaking of no consequence, at the Pokeball Factory, you get both the Master Ball and the Nugget, at the same time, no matter which one you choose, right? So what's the point of having a choice? Another thing that I think is just a Game Freak survey to see which one people would choose...

Speaking of no consequence, at the Pokeball Factory, you get both the Master Ball and the Nugget, at the same time, no matter which one you choose, right? So what's the point of having a choice? Another thing that I think is just a Game Freak survey to see which one people would choose...
Rich people be crazy, man
Or mayyyyybe, it was just some sort of survey, as you said, to see if people would choose a poke ball that can catch any wild pokemon, or just a piece of gold. But you get both anyway, so I don't think there's a point. (again, rich people be crazy)

I heard that the whole tipping thing increases your chance of finding a shiny, I never checked up on this or tipped, but that's what I heard. It wouldn't surprise me if gamefreak was doing some kind of social experiment though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)