Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, YOU CAN VOTE FOR THREE SUBMISSIONS PER POKEMON AND RANK THEM ACCORDING TO PREFERENCE. This helps break ties, so I recommend doing this as much as you can. I've only received solitary votes so far, which caught me a bit off-guard. Your vote still counts nevertheless

The votes are in, and here are the results:

Fearow: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Fearow
Type: Normal/Flying -> Ground/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sniper-> Raider (uses Pluck on Mega Evolve or switch-in)
New Moves: Brave Bird (poor Fearow doesn't even get Brave Bird!)

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 61 -> 61 (+0)
SpD: 61 -> 81 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 135 (+35)

Flavor Concept: Fearow's weird chicken comb becomes a spiky crest, and its beak sharpens. Also let's give it a bandolier with some machine guns and an eyepatch and, like, a cigarette in its beak. Don't fuck with Fearow is the vibe I'm going for.

Competitive Concept: Fearow's a nasty ole cuss, but a terribly weak one. There's really no feasible stat solution to its pitiful BST, so it needs some serious help from typing and ability.

For typing, I decided to give Fearow STAB on Drill Run, a handy Electric immunity, and a fun Rock neutrality with Ground. It certainly looks like a vulture mixed with a chicken, and both feed from the ground, so its flavor isn't entirely out of nowhere. Not entirely. Shut up, it's useful as hell.

The real gem is Mega Fearow's new ability, which not only gives it a wonderful free 90 BP (including STAB) Flying-type attack every time it appears, but eats up the odd berry an opposing mon might have just for fun. Add its 115 attack, 135 speed, and slightly more respectable bulk (but let's not kid ourselves), as well as Brave Bird and Drill Run for excellent dual STAB and U-turn to pivot (and thus another opportunity to switch-in/Pluck), and Mega Fearow might, wow, actually be used by somebody.

Nidoqueen: Deathly ♛The King
Typing: Poison/Ground (same)
Abilities: Poison Point/Rivalry (Sheer Force) -> Serene Grace (gg meta, we have serene grace poison sting)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Acid Spray, Play Rough

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 92 -> 102 (+15)
Def: 87 -> 127 (+40)
SpA: 75 -> 75
SpD: 85 -> 120 (+35)
Spe: 76 -> 76 (+10)

I gave it pretty much the same stats as mega Nidoking. +40 def where King got +40 attk, +35 SpD while King got +35 SpA, +10 speed, same as King, and +15 attack instead of King's +15 SpD. Slack off for reliable recovery, Acid spray because it is one of the few special poison type moves it doesn't learn, and it has the bonus effect of lowering the opponent's SpD; counterpart of King's Gunk Shot, and Play rough for a nice and powerful coverage move; counterpart of King's Moonblast. Serene Grace as the counterpart to Sheer Force, as it doubles the effect chance instead of nullifying it.

Dugtrio: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Dugtrio
Type: Ground -> Ground/Dark
Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap/Sand Force -> Arena Trap
New Moves: U-Turn

HP: 35 -> 35
Atk: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Def: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Spe: 120 -> 150 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Dugtrio's claws come out of the ground.

Competitive Concept: Dugtrio's role revolves around the revenge kill, and its Mega simply makes that more viable in this meta, and OU in general. A massive attack spike and a boost to its already-great speed tightens its grip on the foe, and a new secondary Dark typing gives it much-appreciated STAB on Sucker Punch to outspeed even priority users (flavor-wise, Dugtrio is a wicked trapper whose full body is shrouded in mystery, and it notably learns both Night Slash and Sucker Punch on level-up already).

That's pretty much all Dugtrio can do, though, as that 35 HP won't let it do anything else. Bulk is improved a little bit, but Ground/Dark typing with 35/70/70 defenses struggles to survive against the likes of Igglybuff. And even if it traps the perfect opponent, a choice-locked mon stuck on an Electric or Psychic move, Dugtrio's best boosting move is Hone Claws, which is far too gimmicky for any other scenario.

So no, nothing fancy. Dugtrio traps foes, hits hard and fast, and flees, and to solidify this role I've given it U-Turn to help it slink away. While I had my worries that U-Turn would improve standard Dugtrio too much, as it can carry a Choice Band for more power, it would still struggle to perform in this faster, buffer meta; more importantly, U-Turn's utility only matters after the avenging strike, and Dugtrio's opportunities to use it are limited if it's choice-locked.

Poliwrath: GG Unit
Poliwrath
Type: Water/Fighting -> Water/Fighting
Abilities: Water Absorb/Damp/Swift Swim -> No Guard
New Moves: N/A
Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 95 -> 120 (+25)
SpA: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 510 -> 610

The ability is inspired by Chuck in Gold/Silver using Poliwrath as his sparring partner. STAB Dynamic Punch and Hypnosis are the main sells. With all that disruption, Mega Poliwrath can find time to set up a Sub and start Circle Throwing everything around, or it can use moves like Blizzard and Hydro Pump to get past physical walls.

I'm not sure if submissions are open yet, so I'll wait for Mew King to officially announce it.

It's definitely made for doubles, which makes sense considering VGC. It's a ton better under TR than M-Abomasnow as it has a far better typing.

Last edited:
Trollfreak made two cool looking pokemon look ugly D: And they changed gallade, making him have more of a booty. The designs aren't very good imo.
Gallade has wings(or maybe just a cape but looks more like wings) who cares about a bigger booty.
Admittedly Sharpedo looks terrible but camerupt looks much cooler after megavolving (I always thought Camerupt looked way too derpy for a volcano pokemon)

Sharpedo's gonna be crazy good.

Strong Jaw STAB Crunch? Strong Jaw Ice Fang? Even if its 120 Attack wasn't boosted (and it will be), that's pretty great. Add that to its ability to run three attacks and Protect, and use Speed Boost in its base form for a free +1 to speed (or +2 with good switching)? Solid OU menace. Priority users are more important than ever with this monster about.

Or rather, they would be, but oh no, Sharpedo gets Aqua Jet. Given all its stats are boosted, after one turn of Speed Boost it oughtta outpace and murder Talonflame with STAB priority. Aqua Jet, Crunch, Ice Fang, Protect (subbing Swords Dance if you live life by the balls, or Earthquake for coverage, or a special attack for mixed capability given its base 95 Special Attack will be increased as well according to CoroCoro) will make this shark a real tearer.

Er, terror.

(Also STRONG JAW SUPER FANG LET'S TAKE AWAY 75% AMIRITE?)

Last edited:
They revealed Gallade has Inner Focus. I guess...that is a good way to stop Air Slash shenanigans...

But, alas, today and tomorrow, it's time to submit and talk about Megas for Kingler, Exeggutor, Zapdos, and Ariados. I'll end the slate tomorrow evening probably around 9 PM EST

Last edited:
Kingler (Kinglerite)
Type: Water -> Water/Steel
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Shell Armor (Sheer Force) -> Weak Armor
New Moves: Iron Head

HP: 55 -> 55
Atk: 130 -> 180 (+50)
Def: 115 -> 115
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 50 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 75 -> 105 (+30)
BST: 475 -> 575

Kingler becomes a giant enemy crab. Attack its weak point for massive damage.

Competitively, Mega Kingler becomes a deadly sweeper with an opportunity cost. It has to be struck by an attack to really go wild, and a huge 180 attack backed by SD will really hurt.

Exeggutor (Exeggutite)
Type: Grass/Psychic -> Grass/Psychic
Abilities: Chlorophyll (Harvest) -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Calm Mind

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 95 -> 95
Def: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 125 -> 165 (+40)
SpD: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 55 -> 55
BST: 520 -> 620

A Psychic type that doesn't get Calm Mind? Better fix that. With Thick Fat, Exeggutor can use its many resistances to either set up with CM or wall with Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and even Wish.

Zapdos (Zapdosite)
Type: Electric/Flying -> Electric/Fyling
Abilities: Pressure (Lightning Rod) -> Drizzle
New Moves: Hurricane

Atk: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Def: 85 -> 110 (+25)
SpA: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)
BST: 580 -> 680

more like Bulky/Bird type

Ariados (Ariadosite)
Type: Bug/Poison -> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Swarm, Insomnia (Sniper) -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: Crunch, Taunt, Swords Dance

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 90 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 85 (+15)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+15)
Spe: 40 -> 100 (+60)
BST: 390 -> 490

Like Ledian, Ariados is a weak regional bug that needs a great ability to be usable. It becomes Dark type to parallel Ledian's Fighting type, also because spiders are scary fuckers.

With Shadow Tag, the big spider becomes a deadly trapper. It can easily set Sticky Web or try to sweep with a few boosts and STAB Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
Mega Kingler
Type: Water -> Water/Ground
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force-> Water Veil
New Moves: Earthquake

Atk: 130 -> 150 (+30)
Def: 115 -> 130 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Spe: 75 -> 115 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Kingler’s “crown” enlarges and gets jewels, and its whole body is now flecked with sand.

Competitive Concept: Already the user of moves like Mud Slap, Mud Sport, and Mud Shot, I figured Kingler is a decent choice for yet another Water/Ground menace. Earthquake was given to make it even better, and with Crabhammmer, EQ, Rock Slide, and either Swords Dance for power or Agility for speed, Kingler can wreck with that 150 attack and 115 speed. Or, if you don’t mind having no coverage, Swords Dance and Agility can be used on the same set for variety.

The defensive boost is nice, and is bolstered by great defensive typing, but that 55 HP is a real problem, and 65 Special Defense means this titan is still easily destroyed, which is why Agility is probably the way to go here. Either way, thanks to Water Veil, burns won’t be shutting down Kingler’s attack, and thanks to Hyper Cutter in its standard form, it’s even less likely to be diminished. Kingler is simple, but hey, that pincer doesn’t scream subtlety.

Mega Exeggutor
Ability: Chlorophyll/Harvest -> Parental Bond
New Moves: Calm Mind (why does Exeggutor not get Calm Mind?)

Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 85 -> 120 (+35)
SpA: 125 -> 135 (+10)
SpD: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Spe: 55 -> 55 (+0)

Flavor Concept: A levitating swarm of Exeggcute hover around Exeggutor.

Competitive Concept: Poor Exeggutor. Remember when you used to be OU? When that typing was amazing, and not weak to the likes of Dark and a now-useful Bug? And even when they tried to fix you with Harvest, how the only way to improve you involved an item that replaced berries?

Well screw it, buster, you’re getting Parental Bond. With that base 135 Special Attack, surprisingly good 105 Attack, and 95/120/100 bulk, Exeggutor’s viability skyrockets thanks to this incredible ability. Giga Drain and Psyshock hit both defenses for massive damage, and while coverage is a bit of an issue, dual-hitting Ancient Power is decent, as is Sludge Bomb, and let’s not forget the nuclear option that is Leaf Storm. On the physical side, we have Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, and Wood Hammer, as well as, erm, Low Kick. And it can potentially hit 10 times in one turn with Barrage! Woohoo!

But that’s not all! Exeggutor still retains Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to cause mischief, and its new Calm Mind boosts its offensive might as well as its lesser defensive stat. Finally, and probably most importantly, it can run a negative nature and Trick Room to temporarily make it a speedy, bulky, high-powered monster.

So what’s keeping Exeggutor from getting the Kangaskhan kick? That awful, awful, AWFUL defensive typing, weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Dark, and Bug x4. It’s hard to think of a single offensive threat that doesn’t have at least one of these types in its arsenal, and given Exeggutor’s low speed, it still needs smart switching to make its presence known. Trick Room is practically a requirement if it wants to do lasting damage out there, even with that bulk on its side, and even then, the common Flying priority hurts it hard. Exeggutor is still a mon of flaws, but if you get it just right, it can devastate the opponent.

Mega Zapdos
Type: Electric/Flying -> Electric/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Static -> Technician
New Moves: None

Def: 85 -> 110 (+25)
SpA: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Zapdos is surrounded by a ring of crackling clouds (in my mind, Articuno gets a similar ring of mist and Moltres gets a ring of dark smoke).

Competitive Concept: Zapdos has a surprisingly wide variety of moves hitting the Technician threshold, including its most powerful special attack Flying STAB, the pitiful 60 BP Air Cutter (55 BP was so Gen III). But Zapdos can use the incredibly fun Ancient Power for nifty (and accurate!) Rock coverage, or Ominous Wind if you just really like Ghost attacks; either way, Zapdos’s bulk and typing mean that it can spam these 8 PP attacks with some security, meaning it’s actually feasible to get that immense +1 to all boost.

Even without that boost, Ancient Power is pretty wonderful coverage. And speaking of coverage, don’t for a second forget about Zapdos’s necessary evil ever since Gen II, the now-90 BP Hidden Power!

In terms of stats, Zapdos’s typing is bulwarked by 90/110/115 bulk, while not ignoring its great Special Attack and Speed. With Roost at the ready and an explosion of coverage options thanks to Technician, along with its still-incredible utility like Defog, Roar, Tailwind, and U-turn/Volt Switch, Mega Zapdos reclaims its legendary stature.

Mega Ariados
Type: Bug/Poison -> Bug/Poison
Abilities: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: Moonlight, Taunt, Nasty Plot

Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 40 -> 40 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Ariados turns around a la Mawile, and its abdomen markings resemble a much scarier face.

Competitive Concept: Because my poor Klefki didn't make it through, I still think Shadow Tag still needs a defensive utility user. With terrific flavor and utility like Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes, Ariados is a great solution. Once those defenses are boosted to 70/110/100, and Moonlight is added to its arsenal, it can set up on many a defensive mon, particularly because of its immunity to Toxic. Taunt keeps opponents from setting up, or more importantly phazing Ariados out before it can do its work.

On top of Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes support, Ariados has Baton Pass up its spindly sleeve, and while it can't use Nasty Plot for itself, it makes for a great passing move, along with Agility and, erm, Hone Claws.

Shadow Tag's utility beyond can be used for so much more than trapping and killing, and I'd love to examine its subtleties in this meta. Klefki was the perfect candidate, but now that it's out, Ariados is the next hope!

Mega Mantine, I struggled with whether to submit this Ariados given it has the same ability as yours, but I think that they play very different roles. Still, if you think it's too similar, I'll gladly pull it out of the running.

Also I just noticed our Zapdoses have the exact same stat spread lol, but I'm incredibly against giving it Hurricane given how much that boosts its standard form, and abilities make them way different.

Mega Kingler
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force -> Hustle
New Moves: Ice Fang

Atk: 130 -> 175 (+45)
Def: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Spe: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Design: Spikier all over with an even more oversized pincer.

It sounds like a Hustle user from the Pokedex entries that discuss it having trouble aiming its gigantic claw, so Mega Kingler is not trying to get too fancy. It's just smashing things really hard. You can boost up if you want, including patching up the accuracy with Hone Claws, but this thing will mostly be a high-risk, high-reward wallbreaker. It has a 44% chance to OHKO defensive Landorus-T after Intimidate. With a critical hit, Crabhammer OHKOs Latios. Needless to say, Kingler doesn't need much more to round out its damage potential.

Exeggutor
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Harvest -> Seed Drop (Restores 25% health to the Pokemon switching in)

Atk: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Def: 85 -> 120 (+35)
SpA: 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Spe: 55 -> 55
BST: 520 -> 620

Design: Mega Exeggutor has a bunch more Exeggcutes on its tree. Some of them are on the verge of falling off.

Mega Exeggutor's main selling point is the nutritious meals it leaves for it teammates. This is especially important for a Grass type since Talonflame can come in on your strongest attack if you mispredict (although Leaf Storm still does 30-35% to it), and if you give it too many free turns it can easily wear down its checks. The ability synergizes nicely with the desire to spam Leaf Storm and switch out frequently, but Exeggutor has well-rounded enough stat boosts to not be totally predictable with its set.

Mega Ariados
Type: Bug/Poison -> Bug/Poison
Abilities: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper -> Spinner (auto-Sticky Web on switch/MEvo)

Atk: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Def: 70 -> 95 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 40 -> 50 (+10)

Ultimate support for Sticky Web teams. Attempting to Defog against this will be a losing battle over the long run. Stats, movepool, and typing kept deliberately blah to make up for the ability.

My idea for the legendary birds was going to be an ability that acted as an Electric/Ice/Fire Gem each time it went out (so the first elemental STAB move would get a 50% boost) with parallel stat boosts and enough points in Attack to not be too broken, but the other two have already been done so I'm not going to push it.

Last edited:
JayHankEdLyon, I really like your idea of parental bond Exeggutor. But just so you know, barrage could still only hit 5 times at most. It has been tested with Mega Kanga's Comic Punch. Either way, great idea to improve Exeggutor.

Mew King, yours seems good but your stats don't add up to 100 xD

Anyways...

Type: Water -> Water/Steel
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor (Sheer Force) -> Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Head

Atk: 130 -> 170 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 145 (+30)
SpA: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpD: 50 -> 90 (+40)
Spe: 75 -> 35 (-40)

Design Concept: The spikes on its head grow, and seem more like a crown. Its body becomes covered in a thin metallic layer, and the metal seals the small claw together, making it more like a fist. Its large claw grows even more, but to compensate for that, its arms and legs become less spindly.

Competitive: This thing is powerful. Very powerful. It becomes the kingler of trick room teams. Sadly, trick room only lasts for a few turns, so it would be best as a late game sweeper. Without trick room support, it becomes a tank/bullet puncher. While it may not have as good of bullet punches as scizor, it is still powerful. As well as being able to hit harder than scizor can regularly.

Type: Grass/Psychic (same)
Abilities: Chlorophyll (Harvest) -> Barrage (If Exeggutor is hit by a contact move, the attacking pokemon and Exeggutor both lose 1/16th of their health and Exeggutor's speed is increased by 1.5x) If you can't figure out why, just think of the white angry bird.
Movepool Additions: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Barrier

Atk: 95 -> 95
Def: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpD: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Spe: 55 -> 85 (+30)

Design Concept: It becomes thinner, but with more smaller eggs and harder bark. It grows more leaves. When attacked, its eggs might fall off and explode.

Competitive: Well, the ability is definitely fascinating. A different version of weak armor where the two pokemon lose health instead of losing defense. That can be used well for both offensive and defensive, although you need a spot on your moveset for either moonlight, synthesis, or leech seed. It has pretty good defenses, meaning it can take those hits. It has a good special attack and an ability to boost speed, so it can sweep after tanking a few hits. To improve your spD and Def you can use calm mind and/or barrier, letting you take hits even more easily. In short, though, this can either be a unique wall, or it can be a set up sweeper. The choice is yours.

Typing: Electric/Flying (same)
Ability: Pressure (Lightning Rod) -> Conduction (If targeted by an electric type attack, that attack hits the user instead)
Movepool Additions: Air Slash, Earth Power, Water Pulse

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 130 (+30)

Design Concept: Its tail becomes a dark thunder cloud, and reaches over its back like Landorus-Therian's, with lightning bolts sticking out of it. Its beak becomes crooked, like a lightning bolt, and its feet and beak turn black, as well as the feet gaining larger talons.

Competitive: It becomes a counter to electric types, as well as being good on rain teams. It can easily best most electric types. It gets a weak water move to use on rain teams, and can easily be paired with thunder for maximum rain boosts. Enemy electric types threatening your water type team members can easily be disposed of by Zapdos.

Typing: Bug/Poison -> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Swarm/Insomnia (Sniper) -> Prankster
Movepool Additions: Destiny Bond, Crunch, Dark Pulse

Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpD: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Spe: 40 -> 30 (-10)

Design Concept: Its body is now wrapped in webs, forming an odd suit of armor around it. After being toyed with for so long by psychic attacks, its mind has gotten stronger and is immune to them. The hooks on the end of its legs grow bigger, and he can detach the legs at will, as they grow back quickly. Until they grow back, however, Ariados uses negative energy to move forward. Its eyes are now pitch black, and its legs have become pure white, just like the webs Ariados is wrapped in.

Competitive: It now has an ok attack, meaning it can deal some damage. But, its main usage is for prankster sticky web and destiny bond. It now has better bulk and can stall. Prankster hazards, dbond, toxic, sub, rest, and disable. With the right moves, this could be very annoying.

Last edited:
Mega Exeggutor

Grass/Psychic ----> Grass/Psychic

Chlorophyll/Harvest ----> Propagate (Uses Leech Seed on switch in)

95/95/85/125/65/55 ----> 95/95/125/145/105/45 (--/+10/+40/+20/+40/-10)

New Moves: Calm Mind

With increased stats, a great new ability, and a new move, Mega Exeggutor is a poweful Pokemon. Its new ability, Propagate, gives it free recovery each turn, while making sense flavourwise. Calm Mind lets Mega Exeggutor boost its lower Special Defense and its Special Attack, while also giving normal Exeggutor a buff. Even with all these boost, Mega Exeggutor still suffers from a horrible defensive typing, being weak to many attacking types like Fire, Ice, and Dark.

Last edited:
I might submit others buuuuut first here's an idea I came up with before but here we go. I might expand on this when I make the slate. Note, that the slate is going to end at around this time tomorrow.

Mega Zapdos
Electric/Flying -> Electric/Flying
Pressure/(Static) -> Lightning Rod
90/90/85/125/90/100 -> 90/100/95/155/100/120
Moves: None

Zapdos does his job better now that he got better bulk, better speed, better attack, and a better ability. Lightning Rod is amazing for switch-ins, plus it increases special attack. That's a lovely little ability. Don't you agree?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Zapdos
Electric / Flying ----> Electric / Flying
Pressure / Static ----> Technician
90 / 90 / 85 / 125 / 90 / 100 (580) ----> 90 / 135 (+45) / 100 (+15) / 135 (+10) / 100 (+10) / 120 (+20) (680)
New Moves: Brave Bird, Drill Run, and Parabolic Charge

Mega Zapdos takes flight as a fast, mixed sweeper. With 135 / 135 offenses and a blistering base 120 Speed, we have a scary sweeper on our hands. Nothing resists the coverage of its STABs and Drill Run, and being able to set itself apart as one of the few viable mixed sweeping Electric-types in the game is great. Technician is the chosen ability because it makes moves such as Ancientpower, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter, Charge Beam, Parabolic Charge, and Pluck much more viable. Drill Run is for the Rock- and Steel-types that think they can switch into any Flying-type attacks.

Approved by Hollywood
Megas For All

For the love of all that is holy don't post anything without first reading the post in the title and finding out the current slate of mons submissions are open for!!!!
Current Google Doc (Updated!)
One of the largest changes to the Metagame in Generation 6 was the introduction of Mega Evolutions. Some of these Mega Evolutions served to make less used pokemon more viable such as Mawile and Manectric but most of these Mega Evolutions were given to already OU viable fan favorites such as Tyranitar, Scizor and Garchomp. I feel this is unfair and have decided for the sake of equality to create a metagame in which by holding a mcguffin-like item (probably Abomasite since its easiest to get to on the items list) every fully evolved pokemon gets a Mega Evolution. Since I'm not as creative as I would like to think I am I asking you to help me by submitting your own suggestions for new Mega Evolutions.

My favorite part of this pet mod is that its effect on the OU metagame is two-fold in that it gives new roles to already viable mons and makes unviable ones more viable in the OU metagame but it will not shift the meta to an extreme degree because a player can only use one mega evolution at a time.

1. Each Mega Evolution gets 100 extra base stat points to use no more and no less even Mega Farfetch'd only gets 100 base stat points to work with.

2. You can only take points out of speed upon Mega Evolution as there is no precedent for any Mega to lose points in anything other than speed. You may take some points out of defense but very sparingly.

3. The Pokemon's Base HP must stay the same upon Mega Evolution as there is no precedent for a Mega Form with more HP than its base form.

4. Mega Evolved Pokemon can only gain/lose/change one type upon Mega Evolving as again there is no precedent for complete typing changes upon Mega Evolution.

5. Custom Abilities are allowed as some Mega Evolutions do have new, exclusive abilities such as Aerilate upon Mega Evolution.

6. Pokemon may get a maximum of 3 new moves for their new Mega Evolution but if this Pokemon is already OU viable then exercise caution as the base form also gets these moves, but no boosting moves as there is no precedent for new boosting moves on an new Mega and if your mon isn't a sweeper it isn't a sweeper try to find another role it could fulfill.

7. In regards to already OU viable Mega Evolutions try not to overshadow the base form of the Pokemon (an example of this would be Mega Scizor overshadowing Normal Scizor) try to give this Mega Form a different role from its already viable normal form.

8. Try not to completely ignore flavor in your suggestion and please try to make your Mega Evolution balanced in the OU Metagame, I don't want to see Huge Power Haxorus with 157 speed and 197 attack

The mega forms will most likely use the same sprite as their normal forms so you don't need to have a pokemon design for your mega evolution submission.

Please use this format for your submission as it will make it way easier for me to read the details.
Name of Pokemon (a picture would be nice too)

Normal Typing ----> Mega Typing (If it gets a new typing)
Normal Abilities ----> Mega Ability
Original Base Stat Total (in the format HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed) ---> Mega Base Stat Total
New Moves

Concept: This should be an explanation of why this Mega Evolution fits this pokemon and the role it would play it in the Metagame.

Here is are some examples one with an unviable mon getting a new typing and additional moves upon mega evolving and another of an already OU viable mon's mega.

Butterfree

Typing: Bug / Flying -----> Bug / Psychic
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Tinted Lens -----> Multiscale
BST: 60/45/50/90/80/70 -----> 60/55/80/130/90/80
New Moves: Psyshock

Concept: Mega Butterfree's role is as a Quiver Dance sweeper that is guaranteed to get up at least on Quiver Dance thanks to Multiscale. Multiscale in conjuction with roost and defense investment makes Mega Butterfree a difficult sweeper to break down. STAB Psyshock allows Mega Butterfree to perform a different role than Volcarona as it can break through special walls but Butterfree's new Psychic typing leaves it prone to being Revenge Killed by sucker punch users. The large buff Mega Butterfree recieves to its physical defense allows it to better deal with revenge killers such as Talonflame and Bisharp that can stop its sweep.

Conkeldurr

Typing: Fighting (No Change)
Abilities: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ------> Iron Fist
BST: 105/140/95/55/65/45 ------> 105/180/115/70/95/40

Concept: Conkeldurr's Mega attempts to use Conkeldurr in a very different role than usual. While regular Conkeldurr always uses assualt vest and is more specially bulky, Mega Conkeldurr with Iron Fist and the attack boost can perform the role of a Revenge Killer with STAB Mach Punch and can also actually use Bulk Up effectively thanks to the 30 point buff to its special defense and stronger priority. The small drop in speed allows 0 speed Conkeldurr to outslow 0 speed Aegislash. (Notice how for an already OU viable mon I threw 25 points into special attack knowing nobody would ever use special conkeldurr)

There are going to be no more reservations or Submissions except for the Slated Pokemon please check the first post in the title to see the current pokemon.

Here is the schedule of slated pokemon
NEW SLATE COMING THROUGH

Since ORAS seems to be releasing new Megas for Hoenn Pokemon, we're going to take a break from the Hoenn region until the dust settles and we know which Megas we still need to fill. In the meanwhile, we're going to be taking a crack at Sinnoh and Unova.

7/15 - 7/17
Emboar
Watchog
Stoutland
Liepard

7/17 - 7/19
Simisear
Simipour
Musharna
Unfezant

7/19 - 7/21
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Audino

7/21 - 7/23
Throh
Sawk
Leavanny
Scolipede

7/23 - 7/25
Basculin
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Maractus

7/25 - 7/27
Crustle
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus

7/27 - 7/29
Carracosta
Garbodor
Cinccino
Gothitelle

7/29 - 7/31
Emolga
Escavalier
Amoonguss
Jellicent

7/31 - 8/2
Alomomola
Ferrothorn
Klinklang
Eelektross

8/2 - 8/4
Beheeyem
Chandelure
Haxorus
Beartic

8/4 - 8/6
Cryogonal
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienshao

8/6 - 8/8
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant

8/8 - 8/10
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Cobalion

8/10 - 8/12
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus-I
Tornadus-T

8/12 - 8/14
Thundurus-I
Thundurus-T
Landorus-I
Landorus-T

8/14 - 8/16
Kyurem
Kyurem-B
(maybe bonus Kyurem-W?)
Keldeo

Current version so far up to Gen 6.

Amplifier: Sound moves hit for 1.3x normal damage. Users: Audino, Noivern

Awareness: Immunity to Entry Hazard Damage. Users: Arcanine Y (note: does this include Toxic Spikes? I dunno, Magic Guard seems like it'd do the trick here).

Brute Force: All attacking moves are Physical. Users: Mamoswine, Ninjask, Tauros.

Bug Juice: Water Absorb for Bug moves. Users: Victreebel.

Capacitance: User's contact moves have a 30% chance to paralyze the target. Users: Zebstrika.
Combo Artist:
Grants 50% damage bonus against opponents with lowered Speed. Users: Sawk.
Corrosion: Ignores Steel's immunity to Poison. Users: Muk.

Dimensional Warp: Sets up Trick Room upon Mega Evolution and switch-in. Users: Reuniclus (this means that Trick Room is reversed if this mon switches in/sets up while Trick Room is already in place).

Doppler: Adds a 50% boost to moves by weather: Fire for Sun, Water for Rain, Ice for Hail, and Rock for Sandstorm Users: Heliolisk

Dream Fulfillment: Boosts Special Attack by 50% while asleep; user can choose from moves while asleep. Users: Musharna.

Energy Crystal: User takes 75% damage from special moves; boosts Special Attack by one stage upon being hit by special moves. Users: Gigalith X.

Field Warp: Moves that effect the entire field or your side are boosted to 8 turns. The moves affected are: Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Reflect, Mud Sport, Water Sport, Tailwind, Magic Room, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, and Lucky Chant. Users: Xatu, Gliscor Y (who has a clone called Landscaper, which does the same thing, so I'm gonna leave it out of this list).

Fire Absorb: Water Absorb for Fire moves. Users: Entei.

Generator: Sets Electric Terrain for five turns upon Mega Evolution or switch-in. Users: Electrode X, Jolteon.

Grit Power: Boosts Special Attack by 50% if user is inflicted with a negative status. Users: Azelf.

Grounded: All immunities to Ground are ignored when user is on the field. Users: Gliscor X, Zygarde

Heat Seek: User's Fire moves cannot miss. Users: Heatran.

Ice Age: All non-SE moves against user become Ice-type. Users: Aurorus.

Ignate: All Normal-type moves become Fire-type, with a 1.3 bonus. Users: Sandslash

Judoka: Grants 50% damage bonus against opponents weighing above 60 kg (132.3 lbs.). Users: Throh.

Mega Transform: Automatically transforms into the Mega version of the opponent. Users: Ditto

Overwhelm: Uses Taunt on Mega Evolution and switch-in. Users: Mesprit.

Paint Shield: Fur Coat but for Special Defense. Users: Smeargle

Petrified: All Grass-type moves become Rock-type, with a 1.3 bonus. Also blocks passive damage Users: Sudowoodo.

Pollen Shield:
Boosts Defense and Special Defense by 50% in the Sun. Users: Bellossom X.

Pollinate:
Gives priority to Powder-type moves Users: Vileplume.

Propagate: Uses Leech Seed on switch-in Users: Parasect.

Purify: Absorbs Poison moves (including Toxic Spikes) to give a 50% boost to user's Grass moves. Users: Shaymin.

Quick-Witted: Gives priority to Psychic-type moves. Users: Noctowl X.

Road Block: Traps all grounded foes Users: Snorlax.

Scarecrow: User is immune to Flying moves. Users: Maractus.

Shiver: Lowers Special Attack of opponent by one stage upon Mega Evolving or switch-in. Users: Noctowl Y.
Sneaky: Gives priority to Dark-type moves. Users: Liepard.

Soothing Pulse: Uses Aromatherapy on switch-in (and also Mega Evolution, I'd assume). Users: Meganium

Storm Force: Boost Flying, Electric, and Dragon moves by 30% in the rain Users: Dragonite.

Sweet Dreams: User heals 1/8 of its health every turn when asleep. Users: Cresselia.
Swordsman: Boosts Blade, Cut, Slash, and Sword moves by 50%. Users: Samurott, Gallade X

Trickster: Stat-lowering debuff moves have their effect doubled. Users: Whimsicott

Unadaptable: Non-STAB moves hit for 66%. Users: Archeops, Regigigas

Winter Shield: User is immune to increased-priority moves Users: Glaceon.

Vampiric Blade: 1/6 recover on contact moves (1/6 of damage, Liquid Ooze affects this). Users: Aegislash.

Vanguard: On Mega Evolution and switch-in, raises user's Defense one stage if opponent's Attack is higher, or raises user's Special Defense one stage if opponent's Special Attack is higher. Users: Gallade Y.

Victory SuperStar: Boosts party accuracy by 20%. Users: Victini.

While I would love for this meta to be implemented on a Server it will probably take tons of busy work (and lots of mega submissions) and I would have to have someone willing to host this metagame as well. If you are willing to host please let me know I can probably code the meta though it will take lots of busy work.

Feel free to also give constructive criticism on any Mega-Evolutions submitted here or discuss this pet mod as whole.
You guys forgot a custom ability on my M-Azumarill: Pixie Power. It doubles both the user's attacking stats. Also it's not in the Google Doc because iirc I reserved it, didn't finish it before reservations were cancelled, and PM'd it to acestriker19. IIRC it had 100/90/95/90/95/50 stats, Pixie Power, and added Moonblast.

You guys forgot a custom ability on my M-Azumarill: Pixie Power. It doubles both the user's attacking stats. Also it's not in the Google Doc because iirc I reserved it, didn't finish it before reservations were cancelled, and PM'd it to acestriker19. IIRC it had 100/90/95/90/95/50 stats, Pixie Power, and added Moonblast.
Yeah I doubt that would make it past the balancing council. My first winning submission (Kingler) was rejected for its insane power, and that Azumarill is arguably better with ridiculous attack stats.

Mega Zapdos
Type: Electric/Flying -> Electric/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Static -> Static
New Moves: None

Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpA: 125 -> 135 (+10)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 100

Flavor Concept: Yay Zapdos finally gets Static.

Competitive Concept: Mixed tank with all-around excellent stats. MegaDos is an excellent Defogger with solid defenses and TWave/Roost/Volt Switch. Heat Wave and HP Ice can be used to take out specific ‘mons, but it’s not recommended to go super offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)