Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nobody in their right mind would accept a trade of Cobb for Stacy, but you're welcome to try haha. I wouldn't give up on McCoy ever, he's about the most consistent back in football and those are hard to find. Megatron is Megatron, but WRs are far easier to come by than good RBs. You're already set at most of your important positions tbh (how the f did you get McCoy AND Forte??), so you just might be able to score Jimmy Graham or the next best TE (whoever that is) in a trade for Stacy. Either that, or just stay put and keep Stacy on your bench to fill in when one of your RBs goes on BYE. You're pretty thin outside of your starters in that category so IMO hold onto Stacy.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nobody in their right mind would accept a trade of Cobb for Stacy, but you're welcome to try haha. I wouldn't give up on McCoy ever, he's about the most consistent back in football and those are hard to find. Megatron is Megatron, but WRs are far easier to come by than good RBs. You're already set at most of your important positions tbh (how the f did you get McCoy AND Forte??), so you just might be able to score Jimmy Graham or the next best TE (whoever that is) in a trade for Stacy. Either that, or just stay put and keep Stacy on your bench to fill in when one of your RBs goes on BYE. You're pretty thin outside of your starters in that category so IMO hold onto Stacy.
Auction draft, spent every available dollar on McCoy+Forte+Dez

edit: ooh interesting enough the guy who has both Graham and Megatron is starting Ben Tate and Bishop Sankey at RB :D

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You may be able to coax him into giving up graham for stacy, but honestly you're gonna have no RBs after that for BYE weeks so it'll be a wash anyway.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah my original backups were SJax and Woodhead whom I dropped for Stacy so I could pick up woodhead again. Nothing fantastic for backups but then there's still time to work the waiver wire.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Better to have a weekly stud than have to deal with bad-depth backups for two bye weeks.

a little help here (ppr):

okay. so i feel good about starting Bell and Hill this week. but between Forte/Vereen/Davis i'm undecided.

Forte has a bad match-up, but gets excellent volume and has a good QB.

if JC is inactive, Davis is a monster talent with week-winning upside.

Vereen has a good match-up and gets good pass volume.

eh, you're probably right i'm over-thinking it.

Hill in for Vereen then? is that dumb? i just think the Bengals are going to trample all over the Titans.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Hill isn't even the main back. I mean Vereen isn't really either but they are playing Oakland which means lots of running!

Forte is a no brainer regardless of the defense

Knile Davis has like 200+ yards and 5 TDs in 3 career starts (counting week 2 as a start I think) and Miami is still without multiple linebackers or something. Jamaal 100% won't play this weekend.

Vereen is risky because muh RB carousel, Hill probably won't see ~20 touches again so Davis is a way safer start.

a little help here (ppr):

okay. so i feel good about starting Bell and Hill this week. but between Forte/Vereen/Davis i'm undecided.

Forte has a bad match-up, but gets excellent volume and has a good QB.

if JC is inactive, Davis is a monster talent with week-winning upside.

Vereen has a good match-up and gets good pass volume.
forte, if healthy, should NEVER be on your bench... stud running backs should be played week in week out regardless of the matchup. you'd feel like shit if forte ended up going off for a big game and you had him on your bench because you thought too much about it. start him.

your 2nd RB should be between bell, knile davis, and vereen. bell shares the backfield with reggie bush (although bell has been the better back), while knile davis is the clear cut workhorse back. i'd start davis, and probably play bell at the flex. i know, the pats are playing oakland, but you can never be too sure which RB is gunna have the big day because belichick always shuffles them around. you could roll with vereen tho, which would probably end one of three ways:

1. ridley starts the game, plays a few good series, fumbles and vereen proceeds to go to work.
2. ridley doesn't fumble, has a big game, vereen does little for your team.
3. vereen starts, goes HAM, you have a smile on your face.

and please do me a favor, go pick up another defense. rams defense ? #CmonBruh

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
had rg3 in a 2 QB league and managed to get cousins on waivers.

yessssss

forte, if healthy, should NEVER be on your bench... stud running backs should be played week in week out regardless of the matchup. you'd feel like shit if forte ended up going off for a big game and you had him on your bench because you thought too much about it. start him.

your 2nd RB should be between bell, knile davis, and vereen. bell shares the backfield with reggie bush (although bell has been the better back), while knile davis is the clear cut workhorse back. i'd start davis, and probably play bell at the flex. i know, the pats are playing oakland, but you can never be too sure which RB is gunna have the big day because belichick always shuffles them around. you could roll with vereen tho, which would probably end one of three ways:

1. ridley starts the game, plays a few good series, fumbles and vereen proceeds to go to work.
2. ridley doesn't fumble, has a big game, vereen does little for your team.
3. vereen starts, goes HAM, you have a smile on your face.

and please do me a favor, go pick up another defense. rams defense ? #CmonBruh
duly noted.

as far as DEF goes...there's nothing better on the wire. i might just go DEFless, like in this league...

this team is a mess. fucking JC. just be out if you're not going to do anything. T_T

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Jamaal isn't going to play, don't trust any Q designation without a concrete report attached to it.

phoopes - pay attention to your team or I am locking and banning you from future fantasy participation. You literally have done nothing with your team or settings since you registered.

so, it seems like Drew Stanton is going to play over Carson Palmer...I recently traded for Michael Floyd, so I'm wondering if I should bench him for Greg Jennings this week or not. i really doubt floyd is going to post a solid stat line with stanton against the 49ers, but idk.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
So you're saying you'd trust Matt Cassel throwing to Greg Jennings over Drew Stanton throwing to Michael Floyd?

so, it seems like Drew Stanton is going to play over Carson Palmer...I recently traded for Michael Floyd, so I'm wondering if I should bench him for Greg Jennings this week or not. i really doubt floyd is going to post a solid stat line with stanton against the 49ers, but idk.
Saints D or 49ers D? Go with Jennings. Minnesota should have to throw it a ton and the Saints D is looking like the same historically bad defense from 2012.

Last edited:
faced him in my ppr league.

i'll need BM or KD someone to go off to equalize JJ's 37.

also i dropped the Rams and picked up the Browns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)