Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've ran into this many times with different pokes throughout the past few months. I will use a poke that will clearly out speed another, yet they will go first.
heres my example http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-164313037 a +Speed nature Salamence with 252 invested into speed would get to 167. My Haxorus has Speed invested into it to be 135, i run Tailwind which doubles my speed the first turn, so even with his Salamence being choiced theres no possible way for him to out speed me. Ive had situations where Joltoeon has been out sped by Ferrothorn, and there were no set up speed boosting moves or trick room. Ive encountered this problem with several pokes, main ones I remember are Haxorus, Greninja & Jolteon and it has happened on multiple occasions with each poke.

So I've ran into this many times with different pokes throughout the past few months. I will use a poke that will clearly out speed another, yet they will go first.
heres my example http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-164313037 a +Speed nature Salamence with 252 invested into speed would get to 167. My Haxorus has Speed invested into it to be 135, i run Tailwind which doubles my speed the first turn, so even with his Salamence being choiced theres no possible way for him to out speed me. Ive had situations where Joltoeon has been out sped by Ferrothorn, and there were no set up speed boosting moves or trick room. Ive encountered this problem with several pokes, main ones I remember are Haxorus, Greninja & Jolteon and it has happened on multiple occasions with each poke.
The turn order is decided at the beginning of the turn and does not change that first turn when Tailwind is used. There is no bug here.

the same exact setup has worked with Kangaskan, and with Jolteon there was no tailwind just plain old timid Jolteon? so regardless if this time isn't there still is a speed bug.

You'd have to show a replay, but I'm fairly sure there's no speed bug like this.
so if a Ferrothorn out speeds Jolteon with no moves altering speed or items thats not a glitch? its mathematically impossible. I do appreciate the info about how speed is chosen on first turn but I've been running into various speed problems over the past 3 months. You can ignore it but doesn't change the fact it exist.

so if a Ferrothorn out speeds Jolteon with no moves altering speed or items thats not a glitch? its mathematically impossible. I do appreciate the info about how speed is chosen on first turn but I've been running into various speed problems over the past 3 months. You can ignore it but doesn't change the fact it exist.
Ferrothorn can't outspeed Jolteon without a bunch of different factors. Without a replay there's nothing anyone can do to help explain or fix it though.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Pretty sure I found a bug with Ion Deluge, apparently if you use a normal move on a ghost type it still doesn't affect it, even though it's supposed to be changed to an electric type move.

here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-164321111
and if you say the effect only lasts one turn, then there's also this replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-164329216
It changes to an electric type the turn it's used. So if your opponent uses return, it becomes electric. Not if you use it, and then the next turn you use giga impact.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May I know what is your PS Username
Darnell! I'm a member of the site staff ^_^ I'm not on at the moment however since I'm answering this from college.

Also, you can just 'Edit' your post instead of posting one after another, just some friendly advice :)

Last edited:
Had a bug where my Torkoal claimed to be carrying an 'Air Balloon' but the game pretended as if he had a life orb.
The UI and Console said the item was Air Balloon but whenever Torkoal attacked he lost 10%.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-164457711

Console where server tells me its Air Balloon
Code:
<< >battle-unratedrandombattle-164457711
|request|{"wait":true,"side":{"name":"Jeffrey@Datass.io","id":"p1","pokemon":[{"ident":"p1: Zoroark","details":"Zoroark, L80, F","condition":"183/227","active":true,"stats":{"atk":214,"def":142,"spa":238,"spd":142,"spe":214},"moves":["darkpulse","nastyplot","focusblast","flamethrower"],"baseAbility":"illusion","item":"lifeorb","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Sigilyph","details":"Sigilyph, L76, M","condition":"182/234 brn","active":false,"stats":{"atk":132,"def":166,"spa":201,"spd":166,"spe":191},"moves":["psychoshift","cosmicpower","storedpower","roost"],"baseAbility":"magicguard","item":"flameorb","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Gogoat","details":"Gogoat, L88, F","condition":"360/360","active":false,"stats":{"atk":226,"def":159,"spa":221,"spd":193,"spe":170},"moves":["earthquake","bulkup","rockslide","hornleech"],"baseAbility":"sapsipper","item":"leftovers","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Diggersby","details":"Diggersby, L76, F","condition":"254/254","active":false,"stats":{"atk":129,"def":161,"spa":120,"spd":161,"spe":163},"moves":["return","uturn","wildcharge","earthquake"],"baseAbility":"hugepower","item":"choiceband","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Noctowl","details":"Noctowl, L88, M","condition":"319/319","active":false,"stats":{"atk":138,"def":138,"spa":184,"spd":219,"spe":173},"moves":["magiccoat","toxic","airslash","nightshade"],"baseAbility":"tintedlens","item":"leftovers","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Torkoal","details":"Torkoal, L86, M","condition":"261/261","active":false,"stats":{"atk":195,"def":290,"spa":195,"spd":170,"spe":84},"moves":["stealthrock","rapidspin","fireblast","willowisp"],"baseAbility":"whitesmoke","item":"airballoon","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false}]}}
Console where after an attack Torkoal lost hp from "item : Life Orb"
Code:

|
|move|p1a: Torkoal|Focus Blast|p2a: Crawdaunt
|-supereffective|p2a: Crawdaunt
|-damage|p2a: Crawdaunt|0 fnt

|-damage|p1a: Torkoal|183/227|[from] item: Life Orb

|faint|p2a: Crawdaunt
|

Attachments

Had a bug where my Torkoal claimed to be carrying an 'Air Balloon' but the game pretended as if he had a life orb.
The UI and Console said the item was Air Balloon but whenever Torkoal attacked he lost 10%.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-164457711

Console where server tells me its Air Balloon
Code:
|request|{"wait":true,"side":{"name":"Jeffrey@Datass.io","id":"p1","pokemon":[{"ident":"p1: Zoroark","details":"Zoroark, L80, F","condition":"183/227","active":true,"stats":{"atk":214,"def":142,"spa":238,"spd":142,"spe":214},"moves":["darkpulse","nastyplot","focusblast","flamethrower"],"baseAbility":"illusion","item":"lifeorb","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Sigilyph","details":"Sigilyph, L76, M","condition":"182/234 brn","active":false,"stats":{"atk":132,"def":166,"spa":201,"spd":166,"spe":191},"moves":["psychoshift","cosmicpower","storedpower","roost"],"baseAbility":"magicguard","item":"flameorb","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Gogoat","details":"Gogoat, L88, F","condition":"360/360","active":false,"stats":{"atk":226,"def":159,"spa":221,"spd":193,"spe":170},"moves":["earthquake","bulkup","rockslide","hornleech"],"baseAbility":"sapsipper","item":"leftovers","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Diggersby","details":"Diggersby, L76, F","condition":"254/254","active":false,"stats":{"atk":129,"def":161,"spa":120,"spd":161,"spe":163},"moves":["return","uturn","wildcharge","earthquake"],"baseAbility":"hugepower","item":"choiceband","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Noctowl","details":"Noctowl, L88, M","condition":"319/319","active":false,"stats":{"atk":138,"def":138,"spa":184,"spd":219,"spe":173},"moves":["magiccoat","toxic","airslash","nightshade"],"baseAbility":"tintedlens","item":"leftovers","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false},{"ident":"p1: Torkoal","details":"Torkoal, L86, M","condition":"261/261","active":false,"stats":{"atk":195,"def":290,"spa":195,"spd":170,"spe":84},"moves":["stealthrock","rapidspin","fireblast","willowisp"],"baseAbility":"whitesmoke","item":"airballoon","pokeball":"pokeball","canMegaEvo":false}]}}
Console where after an attack Torkoal lost hp from "item : Life Orb"
Code:

|
|move|p1a: Torkoal|Focus Blast|p2a: Crawdaunt
|-supereffective|p2a: Crawdaunt
|-damage|p2a: Crawdaunt|0 fnt

|-damage|p1a: Torkoal|183/227|[from] item: Life Orb

|faint|p2a: Crawdaunt
|
Actually is Zoro

It changes to an electric type the turn it's used. So if your opponent uses return, it becomes electric. Not if you use it, and then the next turn you use giga impact.
You would think they'd specify that it only works for that turn somewhere, I can't seem to find anywhere that says that.

You would think they'd specify that it only works for that turn somewhere, I can't seem to find anywhere that says that.
They're not going to go into great detail in the description. Especially on a move that isn't used often at all.

Next time, look into it on another site.
For the remainder of the current turn, all Normal-type moves used by any Pokémon on the field become Electric-type moves. Normal-type status moves are also affected by Ion Deluge, which may cause them to trigger Lightning Rod, Motor Drive or Volt Absorb instead of having their normal effect.

I used the Almost Any Ability teambuilder to give Tyranitar multitype, but even with splash plate, it remained rock/dark. The same happened with ghost skarm, hetran fighting, and evidently all non arceus pokemon.

tehy

Banned deucer.
http://imgur.com/aE3qy0M

I guess you only have my word that i have a bunch of evs unapplied and...24 speed with a boosting nature, which is the flaw in this evidence. But i don't know what else I could do to prove it, so oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)