Pirate Fishies of Generations Past -- Swords Dance Qwilfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Hiya folks, and welcome! Though I have done a few giveaways in the past, this is actually the first one since the opening of the new sub-section. In addition, for the past few years I've been on Smogon, this is actually the first thread I've created, so if I make a mistake with anything, don't hesitate to let me know. :)

Anyway, with the release of ORAS around the corner, I've been wanting to RNG something that's exclusive to Generation III. After learning that Qwilfish learns Swords Dance in Gen III, yet no longer learns it from Gen IV onwards despite the move being a TM, I decided to breed one for novelty (and because Qwilfish is one of my fav Pokemon). So whatever reason you have, should it be you getting bored of Kabutops and want to try something different or simply want something you don't see every day in X/Y, there's a Qwilfish with your name on it.

Species: Qwilfish
Joe|00794|

Ability: Swift Swim|Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/21/31/31
Move 1: Swords Dance|Move 2: Double-Edge
Move 3: Mimic|Move 4: Pain Split
Fully Redis

Notes: -RNG bred in Emerald on egg IV frame 15117 (31/B/A/21/31/A)
-Cloned in Emerald via the Battle Tower glitch
-Lv 5 because eggs didn't hatch at lv 1 until DPPt

Rules (Read these):
-This will be a GTS giveaway
-Deposit something, preferably something that won't get sniped, with the msg: "Xen's Qwilfish"
-Post here and leave your IGN, and the deposited Pokemon as well as its level.
-Receive and enjoy

Also, these are fully redistributable, just remember to credit me should you trade them.

And one last thing. Mods, if I can extend this from 48 hours to 72, that would be wonderful. I'll be busy most of the day tomorrow, so I'll only be on sporadically.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: I forgot to add, I currently have 30 on hand, but I can clone more should the need arise. Though I'm not expecting people to be too interested in this. lol

Last edited:
Obscure Gen III RNGs? Sign me up!
Deposited a Lv. 33 female Honedge, message is "Xen's Qwilfish" ("Smogon" won't fit), and my IGN is Aidan.
Thank you!

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Obscure Gen III RNGs? Sign me up!
Deposited a Lv. 33 female Honedge, message is "Xen's Qwilfish" ("Smogon" won't fit), and my IGN is Aidan.
Thank you!
Yup, someone's gotta be crazy enough to do them. ;)

Sent. Forgot about the GTS character limit. Will change that.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is awesome. I've deposited a lv11 Oddish :)

edit: thanks!

Last edited:

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Great giveaway, deposited a lvl 3 Bunnelby with the message "Xen's Qwilfish".
This is awesome. I've deposited a lv11 Oddish :)
Sent

Edit: I need to turn in for the night since I have classes early tomorrow morning. I should regain access to wifi around noon (GMT -4). If you want, you can try posting around that time to minimize sniping overnight.

Last edited:
I put up a LV 32 female korean primeape. IGN Phil

One question I'd like to ask though: How hard is it to RNG on emerald compared to other generations?

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would be interested in the Qwilfish. :) I've deposited a level 34 female Floatzel. My in-game name is Quanyails. Thank you in advance!

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Back again for now, still will be on an off for the next few hours, but I'll be checking back sporadically.

This looks cool; thanks!
I deposited a Lv. 13 female Flabébé (orange flower). My IGN is JD.
I would be interested in the Qwilfish. :) I've deposited a level 34 female Floatzel. My in-game name is Quanyails. Thank you in advance!
Sent

I put up a LV 32 female korean primeape. IGN Phil

One question I'd like to ask though: How hard is it to RNG on emerald compared to other generations?
Deposited Lv. 18 Arcanine, IGN Whale....thanks in advance!
Can't seem to find you two. Check and see if your Pokemon got sniped.

Emerald abuse isn't very hard once you get used to it. Requires consistent timing due to the frames running at 60 FPS, but defiantly doable, especially since the game cycles through the same spreads every time it's booted.

Hey, thanks for doing this giveaway and it looks really nice :)
I deposit a female lv.15 Magikarp and my IGN is JohnnyX. Hopefully it won't be sniped

Back again for now, still will be on an off for the next few hours, but I'll be checking back sporadically.

Sent

Can't seem to find you two. Check and see if your Pokemon got sniped.

Emerald abuse isn't very hard once you get used to it. Requires consistent timing due to the frames running at 60 FPS, but defiantly doable, especially since the game cycles through the same spreads every time it's booted.
Yeah. Sniped. Putting up a female LV1 dedenne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)