The 2014 AFL Premiership Season (once again, just in case)

For my 300th post and before the start of the finals I will reflect on my top 8 from earlier this year:
1. Hawks
2. Swans
3. Freo
4. Richmond
5. Geelong
6. North
7. Port
8. Carlton
3 of the top 4 correct, 7 of the 8 correct. Dammit Carlton and Essendon! Richmond were surprisingly poor this year and should've been higher than what they are. Didn't think Port would have improved so much. Not a bad effort in the end

Asek

Banned deucer.
Forgot to post here for a while, but goddam that was a good 2 matches over the weekend. Tipped North by 12, and I thought they were home clear at 3 quarter time. But I think we all got to see what kind of strength Geelong has when Tom Hawkins fires up based off that last quarter, wouldnt be suprised if they came back as a serious contender next year (didnt think they could really hold a candle to the super teams that are hawthorn and syndey this year). North played their guts out and based off their track record this year against big teams, I wouldnt be suprised if they made the Grand Final, even though it will be an uphill battle at syndey

Tipped freo to win by 20 points, figuring it was at home and that they had more finals experience, but Port just overran them past the half time mark. I guess the age of Freos players is catching up to them and they can't go as hard as they can anymore, which is a shame because a premieriship medal is the send off that both Pavlich and Sandilands deserve. Port Adelaide played a great match in WA, but I dont think the result of this match mattered too much as I doubt either team could get over Hawthorn at home next week anyway.

Hoping for a Port vs North grand final, wont happen but 2 explosive teams like that in the grand final would be awesome to watch

After a 1-3 start did not think we would be in the Grand Final. So exciting

Didn't get to see the end of the Hawks/Port game but does sound like Hawks might be weak in the end of games

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Picked the Swans to make the grand final back in February. Would have picked the Hawks too if I was being subjective and had money on it (but threw Essendons name in there soley cause they're my team lol)

Asek

Banned deucer.
This is the first time I've stopped watching the Grand Final while its still going, Hawthorns making Sydney look like a B-Grade side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)