More Weather

approved by the eevee general and the immortal
Co-owned by macrarazy

More Weather
(i know the name kinda stinks)
If you have ever played Pokémon as much as I have, you probably know about weather. You know, the thing that was spammed a lot in gen 5. Well, we only have 4 weather as you all know, Hail, Drought, Rain, Sandstorm. But 4 weather just isn't enough, what if we had more weather?
In More Weather, there is a new weather condition for every type. Every weather condition has a special effect for that type, several damages Pokémon (Steel-type or Poison-type weather) or just boost a Pokémon's stat (like Flying-type weather boosts Flying-type's Defense and Sp. Defense by 1.3x). Each weather of course has an item that boosts the weather's duration, a move and ability to set the weather.
  • Normal-type: Clear Skies, Regular Rock, Move: Clear Sky, Ability: Cloudy
    • Weather Ball gets 150 BP.
    • Hyper Beam & Giga Impact doesn't need a turn to recharge if the user successfully killed the target
  • Fighting-type: Warzone, Fighting Rock, Move: Warzone, Ability: Gladiator Uprise
    • Fighting types gets their Attack and Sp. Attack boosted 1.3x.
  • Flying-type: Delta Stream, Gale Rock, Move: Flappy Wings, Ability: Delta Stream
    • Hurricane has perfect accuracy
    • Flying types gets their Defense and Sp. Defense boosted 1.3x
    • Tailwind lasts for 8 turns upon Delta Stream
  • Poison-type: Acid Rain, Toxic Rock, Move: Acid Dance, Ability: Acid Warning
    • Anything not Poison or Bug gets hit for residual damage.
    • Steel types aren't immune to Poison-type moves (except for Toxic and Toxic Spikes)
  • Ground-type: Sandstorm, Smooth Rock, Move: Sandstorm, Ability: Sand Stream
  • Rock-type: Sandstorm, Smooth Rock, Move: Sandstorm, Ability: Sand Stream
  • Bug-type: Locust Plague, Virus Rock, Move: Plague, Ability: Flu Spread
    • Boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x
    • Poison moves (that aren't status moves) gain a 30% chance to poison (if they don't have it)
    • Every Pokemon in the field that is not Poison type or Bug type will have a new status called "Flu". The Pokemon with the flu status is damaged by 1/16 each turn regardless if weather is flu.
    • Attack Order's BP is doubled.
    • Defend Order boosts Defense and Sp. Def by 2x
  • Ghost-type: Sinister Fog, Cursed Rock, Move: Sinister Fog, Ability: Hollow Whip
    • Phantom Force and Shadow Force doesn't require 2 turns to hit.
    • Giratina switches its form to Giratina-Origin
  • Steel-type: Metal Meteor, Steel Rock, Move: Metal Meteor, Ability: Meteor Shower
    • Anything not Steel type gets hit for residual damage.
    • Steel types get their Sp. Defense boosted by 1.5x
  • Fire-type: Sunlight, Heat Rock, Move: Sunny Day, Ability: Drought
  • Water-type: Rain, Damp Rock, Move: Rain Dance, Ability: Drizzle
  • Grass-type: Pollen Storm, Grass Rock, Move: Pollen Storm, Ability: Pollen Warning
    • Grass-types heals 1/16 HP every turn
    • Spore (as well as other powder moves) always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Grass-type), even through Overcoat.
    • Grass-types takes 25% damage from all moves.
  • Electric-type: Thunderstorm, Thunder Rock, Move: Thunderstorm, Ability: Thunder Warning
    • Thunder hits with perfect accuracy.
    • Electric-type moves can hit Ground types
  • Psychic-type: Mindstorm, Psycho Rock, Move: Mindstorm, Ability: Brain Stimulation
    • Trick Room, Magic Room, and Wonder Room lasts for 8 turns upon Mindstorm
    • Psychic type moves hit Dark types for neutral damage.
  • Ice-type: Hail, Icy Rock, Move: Hail, Ability: Snow Warning
    • Anything not Ice-type hit for residual damage
  • Dragon-type: Meteor Storm, Draco Rock, Move: Meteor Storm, Ability: Storm of Legends
    • Anything not Dragon or Fairy gets hit for residual damage.
    • Draco Meteor is 140 BP, lowers Sp. Atk by 1
  • Dark-type: Black Hole, Dark Rock, Move: Black Hole, Ability: Void Hole
    • Moonlight restores 75% HP
    • Morning Sun restores 25% HP
  • Fairy-type: Pixie Fog, Pixie Rock, Move: Pixie Dust, Ability: Pixie Fog
    • Anything not Fairy or Psychic gets hit for residual damage.
    • Dragon type moves deals 50% damage
Move Changes
  • Weather Ball – 100 BP – 100% acc – Special – Changes its type with the weather.
  • Attack Order – 90 BP – 100% acc – Physical – Doubles BP on Plague weather
  • Defend Order – Status – Boosts Defense and Sp. Def by 2x on Plague Weather
  • Moonlight – Status – Restores 75% HP on Black Hole weather
  • Morning Sun – Status – Restores 25% HP on Black Hole weather
  • Draco Meteor – 130 BP – 90% acc – Special – 140 BP on Meteor Storm, lowers Sp. Atk by 1
Ability Changes
  • Swarm – Now increases Speed by 50% on Plague weather
Pokemon Changes
Castform-*
Type: [Weather type] (Castform-Sandstorm is Rock/Ground)
Castform will receive 17 forms! yay!

To boost creativity and the use of weather teams, weather will last for 10 turns (13 turns with rock) so get ready for Gen 6 weather wars.
As for weather inducing moves, all moves will be TMs that can be learned by the corresponding type (All Psychic types can learn Psycho Invasion)
As for weather-affected abilities, each week, we'll theorize and create a new ability that is affected by a weather and give that ability to a Pokemon and see how it affects it's viability (must be RU or lower).
Also, all these changes aren't permanent, and nor are these the only changes that took place, as more are to come after more metagame discussion. And for the reason so, feel free to discuss and suggest new changes to the current weathers and boosts.
That is all, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Wait, will rain and sun be altered to deal damage and have sun no longer resist water?

I can also see maybe giving stat buffs for some weaker weathers.

If it's a Pet Mod anyway, why not make the weathers distinctive and interesting instead of bizarre mongrel mixes of Sun/Rain and Sand/Hail mechanics? Like, what if the Normal weather caused Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to skip their recharge turns, instead of just boosting Normal and... weakening Ghost?...

Plus, Hail is the only existing weather that's really a single type's weather. Sun is Fire and Grass bolstering, Rain is Water and Electric bolstering (And more recently, Flying bolstering with Hurricane), and Sand is for Rock, Ground, and Steel types to abuse. Not even getting into how the games have experimented with stuff like an Electric/Normal type with Solar Power, a pure Normal type with Sand Rush, etc.

If it's a Pet Mod anyway, why not make the weathers distinctive and interesting instead of bizarre mongrel mixes of Sun/Rain and Sand/Hail mechanics? Like, what if the Normal weather caused Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to skip their recharge turns, instead of just boosting Normal and... weakening Ghost?...

Plus, Hail is the only existing weather that's really a single type's weather. Sun is Fire and Grass bolstering, Rain is Water and Electric bolstering (And more recently, Flying bolstering with Hurricane), and Sand is for Rock, Ground, and Steel types to abuse. Not even getting into how the games have experimented with stuff like an Electric/Normal type with Solar Power, a pure Normal type with Sand Rush, etc.
^I second the opinion that the weathers should be unique. We don't want this mod to get boring

EV

Banned deucer.

Thirding.

Let's help them out.

I can see Bug and Poison being the only other types to have passive damage. I would love to see a twist on that idea, though, and have the damage interact differently than hail/sand does. Let's say Plague calls a plague of locusts that damage types that are weak to bug more than neutral types, while types that are SE against bug actually heal instead. For example, Grass takes extra Plague damage, Water takes regular Plague damage, and Flying heals a small amount. Just an idea. Kricketune should get the auto-ability, since it is probably the closest Bug we have to a locust.

Last edited:
Thirding.

Let's help them out.

I can see Bug and Poison being the only other types to have passive damage. I would love to see a twist on that idea, though, and have the damage interact differently than hail/sand does. Let's say Plague calls a plague of locusts that damage types that are weak to bug more than neutral types, while types that are SE against bug actually heal instead. For example, Grass takes extra Plague damage, Water takes regular Plague damage, and Flying heals a small amount. Just an idea. Kricketune should get the auto-ability, since it is probably the closest Bug we have to a locust.
Also how about poison dealing gradually more damage each turn like toxic.

Last edited:
Dragons should be a meteor storm. Cause, you know, draco meteor. I don't really know what the mechanics of it would be, though.

Some more detailed thoughts, since I have the time available today.

Also, is Castform getting any new Forms for this pet mod? The only difference between its Forms is typing, so it wouldn't require a lot of thinking or effort to implement.

Normal-type: Clear Skies
That's actually the Japanese name for Sunny Day.

My proposal: Normal Weather removes the recharge turn on Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, removes Ghost immunity to Normal, and causes Weather Ball to triple in Base Power without changing type.

If Castform gets new Forms, it changes to a Form with increased Speed and no other changes.

Fighting-type: Warzone
Not a clue what kind of weather a "Warzone" would be, but whatever, it's a cool name and how the heck would you justify Fighting weather anyway?

My proposal: Increases to Defense and Special Defense are ignored for the duration of the weather, and Fighting moves hit 50% harder. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Fighting.

Flying-type: Windstorm
A fine name that makes a general kind of sense.

My proposal: All Flying moves gain +1 priority. Razor Wind skips its charge turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Flying.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a stupid idea, feel free to ignore it everyone. Everything is Talonflame!

Poison-type: Acid Rain
Yessss.

My proposal: Steel types are not immune to Poison moves (They still cannot be Poisoned), non-Poison types lose 1/16th health at the end of each turn, while Poison types regain 1/16th health at the end of each turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Poison.

Bug-type: Plague
I prefer the interpretation that it's a plague of locusts sort of dealy. If that's the intent, awesome, otherwise, I frown at you. Feel my frowning.

My proposal: Bug type Pokemon all behave as if they have Parental Bond. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Bug type.

Ghost-type: Spiritual Awakening
What, no Reverse World reference? Why not a name indicating the fight is sucked into the Reverse World?

My proposal: Giratina switches to its Origin Forme so long as the "weather" is active without need of a Griseous Orb, and non-Ghost Pokemon lose an additional PP on any move they use. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Ghost type.

Steel-type: Metal Meteor
I'd call it "Meteor Storm" myself.

My proposal: Don't do it because Steel already has Sandstorm and the flavor of this is basically Sandstorm but more so?

Grass-type: Rhizome
A Rhizome is just part of a plant. I'd sooner call it Allergy Season, or Pollen Storm, or something. Something suggesting "weatherness".

My proposal: Pokemon not immune to spore and powder moves have 75% Attack and Special Attack for the duration, using a Fire move causes the move to fail and the user to lose 25% HP (If they aren't immune to spore and powder moves), and spore and powder moves skip accuracy checks. Weather Ball becomes Grass type and puts the target to sleep if it isn't immune to spore and powder moves, but does not double in power.

Electric-type: Thunderstorm
An excellent example of my point that weathers are already not single-typed, as is you sticking to Ground and Rock having their own weather. But if you want to stick to this idea...

My proposal: Pokemon are struck by a 50 BP, 60 Special Attack Electric move every turn. If they are immune it of course does nothing, while if they have Abilities activated by Electric moves, those are activated. Electric types do not take damage from this. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Electric type.

Psychic-type: Psycho Invasion
Why isn't this Spiritual Awakening? What, are we being invaded by psychic demons? Mindstorm could be a cool name, I guess.

My proposal: I have ideas, but I don't like any of them enough to mention them unless people want to press me.

Dragon-type: Draco Hurricane
I'd really prefer a name that suggests that this isn't just "Really windy, and in some undefined way draconic". Personally I'd just dump the Steel weather and call this Meteor Storm, callback to Draco Meteor.

My proposal: Draco Meteor does not harshly lower the user's Special Attack when used, all Pokemon lose 1/8th of their HP each turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Dragon type. (But why would you use it?)

Dark-type: Black Hole
Please no. We are not dumping the Poke-battle into a black hole. Just... just say "eclipse", or allude to it somehow being night-time even if it shouldn't be, or something. Nothing comes out of a black hole, nothing happens in a black hole, and just. No. No no no.

My proposal: All the "night-time" behaviors of Pokemon mechanics are enforced (Moonlight heals more, other light-based healing moves heal less, etc), aaaand I got nothing else.

Fairy-type: Pixie Fog
... so Misty Terrain by another name?

My proposal: Actually I've got nothing, because this really is just Misty Terrain by another name. And presumably not focusing on the "grounded" requirement.

Last edited:
Some more detailed thoughts, since I have the time available today.

Also, is Castform getting any new Forms for this pet mod? The only difference between its Forms is typing, so it wouldn't require a lot of thinking or effort to implement.

That's actually the Japanese name for Sunny Day.

My proposal: Normal Weather removes the recharge turn on Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, removes Ghost immunity to Normal, and causes Weather Ball to triple in Base Power without changing type.

If Castform gets new Forms, it changes to a Form with increased Speed and no other changes.

Not a clue what kind of weather a "Warzone" would be, but whatever, it's a cool name and how the heck would you justify Fighting weather anyway?

My proposal: Increases to Defense and Special Defense are ignored for the duration of the weather, and Fighting moves hit 50% harder. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Fighting.

A fine name that makes a general kind of sense.

My proposal: All Flying moves gain +1 priority. Razor Wind skips its charge turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Flying.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a stupid idea, feel free to ignore it everyone. Everything is Talonflame!

Yessss.

My proposal: Steel types are not immune to Poison moves (They still cannot be Poisoned), non-Poison types lose 1/16th health at the end of each turn, while Poison types regain 1/16th health at the end of each turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Poison.

I prefer the interpretation that it's a plague of locusts sort of dealy. If that's the intent, awesome, otherwise, I frown at you. Feel my frowning.

My proposal: Bug type Pokemon all behave as if they have Parental Bond. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Bug type.

What, no Reverse World reference? Why not a name indicating the fight is sucked into the Reverse World?

My proposal: Giratina switches to its Origin Forme so long as the "weather" is active without need of a Griseous Orb, and non-Ghost Pokemon lose an additional PP on any move they use. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Ghost type.

I'd call it "Meteor Storm" myself.

My proposal: Don't do it because Steel already has Sandstorm and the flavor of this is basically Sandstorm but more so?

A Rhizome is just part of a plant. I'd sooner call it Allergy Season, or Pollen Storm, or something. Something suggesting "weatherness".

My proposal: Pokemon not immune to spore and powder moves have 75% Attack and Special Attack for the duration, using a Fire move causes the move to fail and the user to lose 25% HP (If they aren't immune to spore and powder moves), and spore and powder moves skip accuracy checks. Weather Ball becomes Grass type and puts the target to sleep if it isn't immune to spore and powder moves, but does not double in power.

An excellent example of my point that weathers are already not single-typed, as is you sticking to Ground and Rock having their own weather. But if you want to stick to this idea...

My proposal: Pokemon are struck by a 50 BP, 60 Special Attack Electric move every turn. If they are immune it of course does nothing, while if they have Abilities activated by Electric moves, those are activated. Electric types do not take damage from this. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Electric type.

Why isn't this Spiritual Awakening? What, are we being invaded by psychic demons? Mindstorm could be a cool name, I guess.

My proposal: I have ideas, but I don't like any of them enough to mention them unless people want to press me.

I'd really prefer a name that suggests that this isn't just "Really windy, and in some undefined way draconic". Personally I'd just dump the Steel weather and call this Meteor Storm, callback to Draco Meteor.

My proposal: Draco Meteor does not harshly lower the user's Special Attack when used, all Pokemon lose 1/8th of their HP each turn. Weather Ball doubles in power and becomes Dragon type. (But why would you use it?)

Please no. We are not dumping the Poke-battle into a black hole. Just... just say "eclipse", or allude to it somehow being night-time even if it shouldn't be, or something. Nothing comes out of a black hole, nothing happens in a black hole, and just. No. No no no.

My proposal: All the "night-time" behaviors of Pokemon mechanics are enforced (Moonlight heals more, other light-based healing moves heal less, etc), aaaand I got nothing else.

... so Misty Terrain by another name?

My proposal: Actually I've got nothing, because this really is just Misty Terrain by another name. And presumably not focusing on the "grounded" requirement.
Castform is getting form(e)s, yes! Also, thanks for the suggestions/proposals/whatever, I'll discuss with 00001111a when I have the time to. :)

SUPER VERY IMPORTANT EDIT: http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/macrarazy.195459/#profile-post-1662074

NEW EDIT:

Last edited:
Thank you all of you guys for suggestions. We will take a note of that after macrarazy is done with his exams.
Dragons should be a meteor storm. Cause, you know, draco meteor. I don't really know what the mechanics of it would be, though.
Dragons will be Meteor Storm, thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestions, we will take note of that.
Wait, will rain and sun be altered to deal damage and have sun no longer resist water?
No, rain and sun won't be altered to deal damage and sun will resist water.

Welp, not seeing progress for two months. Sadface.gif

The real reason I'm posting is because it occurred to me that my proposal for Ghost Weather would make it highly appropriate to give Giratina access to the Ghost Weather-setting Ability. But that assumes that piece makes it in.

Cheers.

My ieda for a poisonous Acid Rain has been very involved. This was back when thinking of using Poison as anything but STAB was a joke (pre-Fairy,) but I think it still could use the boost.

• The Acidic rain deals weather damage to all Pokemon who are not bug, grass, water, steel, poison or fairy in some way.
  • If the Pokemon is bug, grass or poison, they will be immune to the damage.
  • If they're Water, Steel or Fairy, the weather damage is doubled. Dual types (ie, Azumaril, Empoleon) do not stack the effect and dual types with an immunity (ie Scizor, Ferrothorn) take priority.
  • Water and steel become weak to poison during the storm.
  • When a poisoned Pokemon switches in, the poison is intensified to toxic level until the poison is removed.
  • Water Moves become Poison type damage-wise, right down to STAB effects. It cannot actually poison anything unless its type is poison.
  • Gunk Shot Cannot miss
  • Standard Solar Beam Nerf

It MIGHT be a bit too involved, but it gives plenty of credence to Poison as a useful coverage move. In fact, Adaptable Dragalge has perfect neutral STAB coverage.

Last edited:
The new weather announced for rayquaza should be the flying type weather.
Not should, but is.

Anyways, onto why I posted: new changes and updates!

First off, Weather Ball is now a 100 BP Special move which changes its type with the forme of Castform.
  • Acid Rain - Poison-type weather, anything not Poison or Bug gets hit for residual damage.
  • Black Hole - Dark-type weather.
  • Clear Skies - Normal-type weather, Weather Ball gets 150 BP.
  • Delta Stream - Flying-type weather, Hurricane has perfect accuracy and everything Flying gets their defenses boosted 1.3x.
  • Hail - Ice-type weather, anything not Ice gets hit for residual damage. Abilities affected: Ice Body and Snow Cloak.
  • Metal Meteor - Steel-type weather, anything not Steel type gets hit for residual damage.
  • Meteor Storm - Dragon-type weather, anything not Dragon gets hit for residual damage.
  • Mindstorm - Psychic-type weather.
  • Pixie Fog - Fairy-type weather, anything not Fairy or Psychic gets hit for residual damage.
  • Plague - Bug-type weather, boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x and doubles chance of being poisoned by a move that has a chance of poisoning.
  • Pollen Storm - Grass-type weather, acts like a pseudo-Leftovers for Grass-types and Spore (as well as other powder moves) always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Grass-type), even through Overcoat.
  • Rain Dance - Water-type weather (and pseudo Flying- and Electric-type), Water-type moves have their damage doubled, Fire-type moves have their damage halved, Hurricane and Thunder hit with perfect accuracy. Abilities affected: Dry Skin, Hydration, Rain Dish, Swift Swim.
  • Sandstorm - Ground- and Rock-type weather, Rock-type Pokemon have their Special defense 1.5x, anything not Ground- or Rock-type gets hit for residual damage, Hurricane and Thunder have 50% accuracy.
  • Sinister Fog - Ghost-type weather, Phantom Force and Shadow Force require no charge turn.
  • Sunny Day - Fire-type weather (and pseudo Grass-type), Fire-type moves have their damage doubled, Water-type moves have their damage halved and Hurricane has 50% accuracy. Abilities affected: Chlorophyll, Dry Skin, Solar Power.
  • Thunderstorm - Electric-type weather, Thunder hits with perfect accuracy.
  • Warzone - Fighting-type weather, everything Fighting gets their attacks boosted 1.3x.
Also, all these changes aren't permanent, and nor are these the only changes that took place, as more are to come after more metagame discussion. And for the reason so, feel free to discuss and suggest new changes to the current weathers and boosts.

And I'm probably gonna convert that hiatus from Smogon to less posting, activty, etc and not a full boycott. Hurray!

Happy posting! (>n_n)> <(u_u<)

Last edited:
Sinister Fog - Ghost-type weather, Phantom Force and Shadow Force always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Normal-type).
??? They have 100 Accuracy, Evasion boosting is mostly banned under Smogon rules, the exceptions are weather-based and so won't apply when this applies, and Phantom Force and Shadow Force's real problem is being two-turn moves. If you're going to make the Ghost weather affect Phantom Force and Shadow Force in specific, skip the charge turn, or add some cool effect on the charge turn (50% health restoration or something), or increase their actual damage.

Thunderstorm - Electric-type weather, Thunder hits with perfect accuracy.
I really hope you have more planned, because the only time Electric types wouldn't prefer Rain (They resist Hurricane anyway) is when they're facing a Water type -and Stunfisk and Rotom-Heat are the only Electric types that currently exist with a weakness to Water.

Don't forget Windstorm ( the weather Delta Stream causes) removes Flying's weaknesses.
I think he's going for 1.3 defenses in place of the removal of weaknesses.

Speaking of, is that supposed to be Defense and Special Defense, or just Defense?

Warzone - Fighting-type weather, everything Fighting gets their attacks boosted 1.3x.
Attack, or Attack and Special Attack?

Plague - Bug-type weather, boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x and doubles chance of being poisoned by a move that has a chance of poisoning.

Acid Rain - Poison-type weather, anything not Poison or Bug gets hit for residual damage.
Your Bug weather is more the Poison weather than the Poison weather, currently. (Perfectly reliable Toxic Fang replacing Toxic, Sludge Bomb having a 60% chance of Poisoning and hitting really hard, etc)

And why are Bug and Poison buddy-buddy anyway? In Gen I they were super effective on each other!

Pollen Storm - Grass-type weather, acts like a pseudo-Leftovers for Grass-types and Spore (as well as other powder moves) always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Grass-type), even through Overcoat.
What about Safety Goggles? Also, how is this supposed to help Grass types other than Poison Heal Sub-Punch Breloom and some of the faster Sleep Powder users? (Venusaur, Jumpluff) They can't take a hit anywhere near well enough to care about a tiny amount of healing -and if they could, they'd probably use Grass Terrain instead, since it bolsters their offense.

It also just seems weird to me to have a weather that explicitly defeats Overcoat when Overcoat was originally a "protection from weather" Ability.

First off, Weather Ball is now a 100 BP Special move which changes its type with the forme of Castform.
... does that mean Weather Ball is completely useless to Roserade, Victreebel, Raikou, and still other Pokemon?

Other weathers
SO MANY SANDSTORM CLONES

Residual damage works for Sandstorm because Ground, Rock, and Steel Pokemon are walling types that can take a hit -and it's still a sufficiently weak gimmick that the games themselves have thrown in Sand Force and Sand Rush and given Rock types a Special Defense boost in it! Hail is crappy in part because it's a poor fit to the Ice type, with the only thing salvaging it being Blizzard -and Hail is still, by far, the weaker of the two weathers.

Like, I can sort of see Pixie Fog having residual damage working, because there are number of very tanky Psychic types and a smaller number of tanky Fairies (Aromatisse, Clefable), and OK fine Metal Meteor is Steel shuffling out of Sand teams, but Dragon?? Poison sure but BUG? This is really weird stuff.

And Pixie Fog runs into the problem that a number of those tanks are perfectly comfortable in Sand or Hail anyway -Reuniclus and Clefable can get Magic Guard, for instance, Slowbro/Slowking can cheat a little with Regenerator, etc.

Plus mechanics clones just make me sad anyway.

The changes are, just like I stated, not permanent or anything, but are open for discussion and more suggestions to make them better. Also, we're gonna give a lot of Pokemon new abilities, especially ones created for the new weathers, and perhaps more Pokemon getting existing weather affected abilities. Which is also a reason why Phanton/Shadow Force will always hit (No Guard effect) as in more Pokemon will get Sand Veil, Snow Cloak and perhaps 2-3 more ability clone of that sort for the new weathers.

As for the Weather Ball being useless for other 'mons, I only specifically mentioned "Castform formes" because we modified them.

also omg dont be so r00d we're in the makings ;~;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)