More Weather

Which is also a reason why Phanton/Shadow Force will always hit (No Guard effect) as in more Pokemon will get Sand Veil, Snow Cloak and perhaps 2-3 more ability clone of that sort for the new weathers.
Again: that's completely useless because if it's a different weather that will activate those Abilities, then the benefit doesn't apply. The only way it will come up is if there's specifically a Ghost weather Evasion Ability, and that's not "I think I'll set Ghost weather to benefit Phantom Force/Shadow Force".

As for the Weather Ball being useless for other 'mons, I only specifically mentioned "Castform formes" because we modified them.
It's a weird phrasing. Just say Weather Ball matches the new weathers.

also omg dont be so r00d we're in the makings ;~;

The changes are, just like I stated, not permanent or anything, but are open for discussion and more suggestions to make them better
Criticism and questions constitute discussion. Presumably you made the decisions you made for a reason, wanting to know what is the logic is a legitimate question and helps inform further discussion and prompt alternate ideas for fulfilling the intended purpose if the current idea is an ill fit.

I posted my idea for Acid Rain weather a few posts up.

Anyways, here's an idea for Thunderstorm.

• Removes Ground's immunity to Electric
  • Deals 1/16 damage to water and flying types.
  • Steel types attract a Thundershock every turn that they stay in. This Thundershock follows the rules of Thundershock (40 power Special Electric Move) that uses the weather setter's SpA at the time the weather was set up.
  • Volt Absorb, Lightningrod and any other electric absorption ability Pokemon benefit from their abilities every other turn.
  • Standard solarbeam nerfs
  • Spark does double damage
  • Zap Cannon will not miss

And Grass, here's Spring Skies
  • Grass types gain 25% damage reduction; this includes from moves with set amounts of damage, such as Seismic Toss and Super Fang, but not status effects.
  • Grass moves have no drawbacks/delays/accuracy issues, the biggest winners being Leafstorm, Powders and Grass Whistle to sleep through subs.
  • Non-bug, grass, or fairy types will take 1/16 damage per turn.
  • Water and ground moves have a chance to seed targets.
  • When Spring Skies ends by any means, a Grassy Terrain will set in (just in time for summer!)

Why not just have the ghost weather remove the charge turn on phantom / shadow force? It's not a huge change, but it greatly buffs the moves. Also, I feel like making the weathers permanent would be a better change than ten turns, just because there are so many of them. A permanent weather for each type would allow the metagame develop more around the potency of weathers, and not of weather starters.

If this is going to be Weather: The Pet Mod, running with permanent weather might make more sense just because, hey showcase the weathers. Making non-weather strategies less legit isn't necessarily inappropriate, and if pretty much any kind of team can pull off some kind of weather it isn't even necessarily overly centralizing. I'm all for it.

I changed up Sinister Fog a bit, so be sure to check that out. As for permanent weather, I've already taken that in consideration, but first I want some discussion related to Castform with that. It can be a Weather Ball spammer and not care about anything then, because the move reacts with the change of weather and if there is no weather Castform still gets STAB on it.

Yeah, but Castform dies to anything that just happens to be faster than it, has priority, has a good Special Defense, or can survive one turn and has a damaging move.

Also, I really want to make these weathers not just for one type each. Sandstorm, for example, benefits Rock, Ground, and Steel and is a playstyle rather than a type benefit. Rain benefits Electric and Flying types, Sun benefits Grass types, and Hail... doesn't really even benefit Ice types. Even Pokemon not immune to Sandstorm damage can use it well.

EDIT: Also, we should totally make a Fog inducing ability and move and make that a viable playstyle. Decreases accuracy, and something else?

Last edited:
This is taken from the OP and wanted to suggest additional move effects along with the weather, because that seems to be lacking in some of the weather departments

[/HIDE]
  • Acid Rain - Poison-type weather, anything not Poison or Bug gets hit for residual damage. Acid Spray now does double damage. All poison type moves that have the chance to poison will inflict Toxic Poison instead of normal poison. IE Sludge bomb has a %30 chance to inflict toxic poison.

• Black Hole(Endlyss abyss?) - Dark-type weather. All dark types inflict auto taunt/tormet upon entering the battle. Moonblast does %50 more damage, Moonlight heals 75%, Morning sun heals 25%, and Cosmic Power doubles both Def Boost. (adding more later)

• Clear Skies - Normal-type weather, Weather Ball gets 150 BP.

• Delta Stream - Flying-type weather, Hurricane has perfect accuracy and everything Flying gets their defenses boosted 1.3x Gust/Twister/Hurricane will cause phazing depending on the target's weight. Gust lightet, twister average, hurricane heavier. Tailwind has a longer effect when used and will stay that way even after Delta Stream is gone.

• Hail - Ice-type weather, anything not Ice gets hit for residual damage. Abilities affected: Ice Body and Snow Cloak.

• Metal Meteor - Steel-type weather, anything not Steel type gets hit for residual damage. Steel gain an auto Magnet Rise. Magnet pull pokemon can trap everything(everything is being struck with metal parts) Steel gets a %50 increase in Spdef

• Meteor Storm - Dragon-type weather, anything not Dragon gets hit for residual damage. Draco Metoer gains a %30 increase in power. Dragon Rush has %100 accuracy. All dragon type moves have a %20 chance to flinch opponent. Fairies power reduces by %50

• Mindstorm - Psychic-type weather. Trick Room, Magic Room, and Wonder Room has a longer effect when used and will stay that way even after Mindstorm is gone. Psychic type pokemon gain a %50 special attack increase. All Psychic moves hit dark for Neutral damage.

• Pixie Fog (enchanted meadow?)- Fairy-type weather, anything not Fairy or Psychic gets hit for residual damage. Fairy type gains a boost in Def. Dragon type moves are reduced by %50.

• Plague(Locust Plague?) - Bug-type weather, boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x and doubles chance of being poisoned by a move that has a chance of poisoning. Opponent loses an extra %10 of health after being attacked by a bug type pokemon. Attack Order's base power is doubled, Defend Order doubles Def/SpDef boost stages, and Heal Order heals %75 Health. Pokemon with Swarm ability get a %50 increase in Speed while Locust Plague is in effect. Infestation will trap for the maximum 5 turns even after Locust Plague is gone. Berries consumed by opponents will not have recieve the effect but the item will still be "used". Leftovers lose effect for everyone on the field during Locust Plague. Grass types lose 1/16 of their HP each turn, flying types gain 1/16 of their HP each turn.

• Pollen Storm - Grass-type weather, acts like a pseudo-Leftovers for Grass-types and Spore (as well as other powder moves) always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Grass-type), even through Overcoat.

• Rain Dance - Water-type weather (and pseudo Flying- and Electric-type), Water-type moves have their damage doubled, Fire-type moves have their damage halved, Hurricane and Thunder hit with perfect accuracy. Abilities affected: Dry Skin, Hydration, Rain Dish, Swift Swim.
  • Sandstorm - Ground- and Rock-type weather, Rock-type Pokemon have their Special defense 1.5x, anything not Ground- or Rock-type gets hit for residual damage, Hurricane and Thunder have 50% accuracy.
  • Sinister Fog - Ghost-type weather, Phantom Force and Shadow Force doesn't require 2 turns to hit. When Ghost attack a sleeping pokemon, their moves drain %50 of that damage. When ghost type enter the field the opponents SpAtk is lowered while Sinsister Fog is in effect. Synthesis and Morning Sun heal 25%. Light based moves have no effect.

• Sunny Day - Fire-type weather (and pseudo Grass-type), Fire-type moves have their damage doubled, Water-type moves have their damage halved and Hurricane has 50% accuracy. Abilities affected: Chlorophyll, Dry Skin, Solar Power.

• Thunderstorm - Electric-type weather, Thunder hits with perfect accuracy. Lightning rod ability has a %30 chance to increase SpAtk at the end of each turn. All electric moves gain a %30 increase for a chance to paralyze. Water and flying types lose 1/8 of their HP each turn.

• Warzone - Fighting-type weather, everything Fighting gets their attacks boosted 1.3x. If fighting types are struck with a not very effective attack their Def/Spdef increases respectively to the atk/spatk. Steadfast ability have their speed doubled (But like an unburden boost, so not Baton Passable) Flying types are hit for neutral damage by fighting moves. No Guard ability always hits for neutral damage. (No "Not very effective" and "Super effective")

n-n-n-n-n-bump
Anyways, here is the reason why this post even exists: NEW CHANGES!
(Changes in bold)
Weather Variants
  • Normal-type: Clear Skies, Regular Rock, Move: Clear Sky, Ability: Cloudy
    • Weather Ball gets 150 BP.
    • Hyper Beam & Giga Impact doesn't need a turn to recharge if the user successfully killed the target
  • Fighting-type: Warzone, Fighting Rock, Move: Warzone, Ability: Gladiator Uprise
    • Fighting types gets their Attack and Sp. Attack boosted 1.3x.
  • Flying-type: Delta Stream, Gale Rock, Move: Flappy Wings, Ability: Delta Stream
    • Hurricane has perfect accuracy
    • Flying types gets their Defense and Sp. Defense boosted 1.3x
    • Tailwind lasts for 8 turns upon Delta Stream
  • Poison-type: Acid Rain, Toxic Rock, Move: Acid Dance, Ability: Acid Warning
    • Anything not Poison or Bug gets hit for residual damage.
    • Steel types aren't immune to Poison-type moves (except for Toxic and Toxic Spikes)
  • Ground-type: Sandstorm, Smooth Rock, Move: Sandstorm, Ability: Sand Stream
  • Rock-type: Sandstorm, Smooth Rock, Move: Sandstorm, Ability: Sand Stream
  • Bug-type: Locust Plague, Virus Rock, Move: Plague, Ability: Flu Spread
    • Boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x
    • Doubles chance of being poisoned by a move that has a chance of poisoning.
    • Poison moves (that aren't status moves) gain a 30% chance to poison (if they don't have it)
    • Every Pokemon in the field that is not Poison type or Bug type will have a new status called "Flu". The Pokemon with the flu status is damaged by 1/16 each turn regardless if weather is flu.
    • Attack Order's BP is doubled.
    • Defend Order boosts Defense and Sp. Def by 2x
  • Ghost-type: Sinister Fog, Cursed Rock, Move: Sinister Fog, Ability: Hollow Whip
    • Phantom Force and Shadow Force doesn't require 2 turns to hit.
    • Giratina switches its form to Giratina-Origin
  • Steel-type: Metal Meteor, Steel Rock, Move: Metal Meteor, Ability: Meteor Shower
    • Anything not Steel type gets hit for residual damage.
    • Steel types get their Sp. Defense boosted by 1.5x
  • Fire-type: Sunlight, Heat Rock, Move: Sunny Day, Ability: Drought
  • Water-type: Rain, Damp Rock, Move: Rain Dance, Ability: Drizzle
  • Grass-type: Pollen Storm, Grass Rock, Move: Pollen Storm, Ability: Pollen Warning
    • Grass-types heals 1/16 HP every turn
    • Spore (as well as other powder moves) always hit (except when the opposing Pokemon is Grass-type), even through Overcoat.
    • Grass-types takes 25% less damage from all moves.
  • Electric-type: Thunderstorm, Thunder Rock, Move: Thunderstorm, Ability: Thunder Warning
    • Thunder hits with perfect accuracy.
    • Electric-type moves can hit Ground types
  • Psychic-type: Mindstorm, Psycho Rock, Move: Mindstorm, Ability: Brain Stimulation
    • Trick Room, Magic Room, and Wonder Room lasts for 8 turns upon Mindstorm
    • Psychic type moves hit Dark types for neutral damage.
  • Ice-type: Hail, Icy Rock, Move: Hail, Ability: Snow Warning
    • Anything not Ice-type hit for residual damage
  • Dragon-type: Meteor Storm, Draco Rock, Move: Meteor Storm, Ability: Storm of Legends
    • Anything not Dragon or Fairy gets hit for residual damage.
    • Draco Meteor is 140 BP, lowers Sp. Atk by 1
  • Dark-type: Black Hole, Dark Rock, Move: Black Hole, Ability: Void Hole
    • Moonlight restores 75% HP
    • Morning Sun restores 25% HP
  • Fairy-type: Pixie Fog, Pixie Rock, Move: Pixie Dust, Ability: Pixie Fog
    • Anything not Fairy or Psychic gets hit for residual damage.
    • Dragon type moves deals 50% damage
Move Changes
  • Weather Ball – 100 BP – 100% acc – Special – Changes its type with the weather.
  • Attack Order – 90 BP – 100% acc – Physical – Doubles BP on Plague weather
  • Defend Order – Status – Boosts Defense and Sp. Def by 2x on Plague Weather
  • Moonlight – Status – Restores 75% HP on Black Hole weather
  • Morning Sun – Status – Restores 25% HP on Black Hole weather
  • Draco Meteor – 130 BP – 90% acc – Special – 140 BP on Meteor Storm, lowers Sp. Atk by 1
Ability Changes
  • Swarm – Now increases Speed by 50% on Plague weather
Pokemon Changes
Type: * (Where * is the weather type, i.e. Fire if Sunny Day)
Castform will receive 17 forms! yay! (Castform-Sandstorm is Rock/Ground)

As always, these changes aren't permanant, and nor are these the only changes that took place, as more are to come after more metagame discussion. And for the reason so, feel free to discuss and suggest new changes to the current weathers and boosts.

I would like to thank all "the you guys", especially Ghoul King The Eevee General jamashawalker for suggesting us ideas and macrarazy for helping me manage this Pet Mod.

Thank you, I'm weatherman Joe signing out. Back to you, Mac.

Last edited:
My reading on that is "75% less damage", which is still nuts, being double resistance to neutrally effective, resistant to super effective, and neutrally vulnerable to doubly super effective. (eg Parasect would take base damage from Flying moves rather than x4 damage)

I sure hope it's 25% less damage.

I'm also startled at being included in the thanks.

Really don't like the "ignores immunities" effects, either....

But I am glad to see Giratina Origin without a Griseous Orb, and... well, honestly I'm not a big fan of any of the new changes. Sorry.

Make Hail better: Boost Def by 50% on Ice types. Replace Snow Cloak effect since evasion is banned with: +25% Defense and immunity to status (like leaf guard).

Also I think Ice Body, in addition to healing 6.25% from Hail should increase the damage of Hail to 12.5% because its body is made of Ice and it would make sense for it to create stronger Hail. Otherwise make it like Dry Skin where it absorbs Ice from Hail by 12.5% instead and heals from Ice Attacks.

For Thick Fat make it add immunity to the burn and freeze status. It should remove th charge turn of the respective type move including freeze burn, freeze shock, blast burn, etc. since it stores energy and power in its body to release an attack. Plus it gives a reason for more types to have these moves like rotom-fridge with freeze shock.

For sand veil do +25% Special Defense and immunity to status under weather like leaf guard since evasion is banned. It'll help weaker pokemon like Golem and eviolate Gligar catch up a bit.

Thick Fat??

Evasion Abilities aren't banned now that weather isn't permanent and it would be really problematic and bizarre to have Ice Body make Hail do more damage. What, would it increase the damage of Hail when set by the Ice Body Pokemon? As long as they remain on the field??

In regards to Ice Body- As long as they remain on the field, although I understand that it would make more sense for Snow Warning, since Warning is in its name, but I wasn't sure if that was too cheap. Anyways, Ice Body needs to at least be more like Dry Skin, and heal 12.5% and grant a 25% heal to Ice Attacks.

And I think Hail needs to catch-up, as some of the new weathers have better effects, and if we are doing a weather OM, why not make Hail useful?

Ya I understand ignoring Thick Fat as it isn't weather related, but I just thought it was an idea based on the flavor.

Acid rain for poison types,it ups the power of poison type moves by 50 percent and sludge wave has 120 base power under the weather condition

I should've read the entire thread before posting this,but Yolo,I made it better.

By the way,I'm not one to judge but wind storm? Really Fam, Why not Tornado Watch,Endless Cyclone,or F5 Weather.These names aren't the best,but I think they fit way more than "WindStorm"

I know,but I'm saying the name could've been more creative is all
Agreed. I have a few new ideas myself.

Clear Skies - Normal Storm
Warzone - Fighting Storm
Delta Stream - idk this is a hard one
Acid Rain - Acid Storm
Sandstorm - Sand Storm
Locust Plague - Bug Storm
Sinister Fog - Ghosty Storm
Metal Meteor - Metal Storm
Sunlight - Sun storm
Rain - Rain Storm
Pollen Storm - this is perfect
Thunderstorm - Electric Storm
Mindstorm - ok satire aside, why the fuck isn't this brainstorm?
Hail - Hail Storm
Meteor Storm - Meteor Storm
Pixie Fog - Pixie Storm

Honestly though, all weather in Pokemon is based on actual weather, so I'd try to parallel that with some real stuff from mother nature. Urbane stuff like "Metal Meteor" is kinda silly when paired with "Rain."

Agreed. I have a few new ideas myself.

Clear Skies - Normal Storm
Warzone - Fighting Storm
Delta Stream - idk this is a hard one
Acid Rain - Acid Storm
Sandstorm - Sand Storm
Locust Plague - Bug Storm
Sinister Fog - Ghosty Storm
Metal Meteor - Metal Storm
Sunlight - Sun storm
Rain - Rain Storm
Pollen Storm - this is perfect
Thunderstorm - Electric Storm
Mindstorm - ok satire aside, why the fuck isn't this brainstorm?
Hail - Hail Storm
Meteor Storm - Meteor Storm
Pixie Fog - Pixie Storm

Honestly though, all weather in Pokemon is based on actual weather, so I'd try to parallel that with some real stuff from mother nature. Urbane stuff like "Metal Meteor" is kinda silly when paired with "Rain."
Ghosty storm. That is perfect. Nintendo, hire this man!

• [*]Fighting-type: Warzone, Fighting Rock, Move: Warzone, Ability: Gladiator Uprise
    • Fighting types gets their Attack and Sp. Attack boosted 1.3x
  1. This is terrifying. Pokemon with already good speed can abuse this boosted power very well. (e.g. Infernape, who has 148/148/108 offenses or M-Gallade with horrifying 229 attack and 110 speed)(If I calculated that right)
  • Bug-type: Locust Plague, Virus Rock, Move: Plague, Ability: Flu Spread
    • Boosts Poison- and Bug-type moves by 1.3x
    • Poison moves (that aren't status moves) gain a 30% chance to poison (if they don't have it)
    • Every Pokemon in the field that is not Poison type or Bug type will have a new status called "Flu". The Pokemon with the flu status is damaged by 1/16 each turn regardless if weather is flu.
    • Attack Order's BP is doubled.
    • Defend Order boosts Defense and Sp. Def by 2x
  1. I don't understand why Poison moves are given a chance to poison, as this is the Bug-type weather. Perhaps this should be an effect for bug-type moves. also, what good is the bonus poison chance when only Bug types can be inflicted with it (Poison is immune and everything else has Flu)
  2. Flu seems rather complicated, and seems powerful. Inflicting this status on anyone without using a turn is very good.
  3. Mega-Beedrill will love this.
  • Fairy-type: Pixie Fog, Pixie Rock, Move: Pixie Dust, Ability: Pixie Fog
    • Anything not Fairy or Psychic gets hit for residual damage.
    • Dragon type moves deals 50% damage
  1. This sounds very similar to Misty Terrain, reducing Dragon-type's power. Could something else, like Fairy types having an Oblivious effect, be added?
  • Dark-type: Black Hole, Dark Rock, Move: Black Hole, Ability: Void Hole
    • Moonlight restores 75% HP
    • Morning Sun restores 25% HP
  1. Will anything else be added to this? Seems very weak in comparison to other abilities. Something like non-Dark/Ghost types having their accuracy be one stage lower? Night Daze other 'Night' moves could receive a power boost.
  • Ice-type: Hail, Icy Rock, Move: Hail, Ability: Snow Warning
    • Anything not Ice-type hit for residual damage
  1. Will this be getting a boost, due to the fact that it is not worthwile to use? Something like a Defence boost (mirroring Sandstorm) or maybe even a Serene Grace effect on their moves?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)