Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we had an 'autojoin' option? Like on IRC. For instance you log in once and go "/autojoin othermetas, communitymentoring, gamecorner, mafia" This way people who hang in lots of rooms don't have to manually search and join each room. Unless this is a feature I never knew about :O still think it'd be cool~!

What if we had an 'autojoin' option? Like on IRC. For instance you log in once and go "/autojoin othermetas, communitymentoring, gamecorner, mafia" This way people who hang in lots of rooms don't have to manually search and join each room. Unless this is a feature I never knew about :O still think it'd be cool~!
If I recall correctly, this has been suggested a plentiful amount of times. I believe it is being worked on but it's not that high of a priority on the list.

Okay so, 2 things: first of all, thanks Darnell c:
second of all: I agree, turning off spoilers PER ROOM is a good idea, for some things like anime&manga it's very useful and all but for other rooms it's just annoying as hell n_n

Okay so I seem to suck at reading and I see what you mean SolarisFox, point is, they already have it turned to + in lobby right? why not make a command for RO's so they can do that for their room too? and spoilers are actually probably the best way for people to troll seeing as the staff or roomauth can't immediatley see what's behind it and if they also say something like "about the final episode of ..." before the spoiler then it doesn't seem like it's bad or anything and you don't want to be spoiled either making spoilers pretty hard to actually handle for the staff. Putting it on the banword list isn't very good either because then people who wont abuse it can't use it anymore either, next to that I don't really know how the banword list of boTTT works but if it works like I think it does you would get muted for just saying spoiler without using an actual spoiler.
As stated before, formatting settings for rooms would be a pretty large change as the server-client communication infrastructure to do that just doesn't exist (I'm not sure how it's limited in the lobby as the code that does it doesn't seem to be opensouce [either that or I can't find it]). You'd want to talk to an administrator if it's a serious concern because the optimization might be an issue and the cost of making such a feature might not be worth it.

Zarel has delayed this add for whatever reason as can be seen on Mofent's pullreq. If you run your own client it's fully functional, although it has the weird quark of requiring you to be in the room to add it to your autojoin list.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
If you're gunna change the font on us Zarel at least add an extra option that has a list of fonts we can choose from so people that don't like it can go back.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you're gunna change the font on us Zarel at least add an extra option that has a list of fonts we can choose from so people that don't like it can go back.
If you really want it then code it. If not, then idk what to tell you.

Isn't the point of this thread to suggest things? I literally cannot think of a single constructive reason to say "do it yourself" to a suggestion.
The point of this thread however, is to not be snarky towards programmers who dedicate their time optionally towards providing a service for you. The point of this thread is to make suggestions in the hopes that PS! staff members (or programmers) would skim this thread, bring up noteworthy suggestions to (other) programmers, and after some discussion, the programmer would make a decision on whether or not the suggestion would be feasible.

If you are unhappy with that process, then Redew would be right; you are more than welcome to contribute to the coding yourself. After all, PS! is open source, so there's no reason to complain if something is not being done if you have the capabilities and tools to do so on your own.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i have a suggestion

ban darnell
Can we have a way to only show your rank in one tier? When i do /rank it is annoying to have a giant blob of tiers and have to try to find the tier i am looking for. I suggest /rank should have an optional tier category. So /rank [player], [tier].
Quoting these for visibility.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seriously though a choice of font size would be appreciated (small, medium, large or something), especially for us downloadable client users who don't have all those fancy chrome plugins

this new font size makes me want to punch children even more than usual

eh...punching kids would be extreme but I do get annoyed by this new font size a lot so I agree on that, and while I have chrome and all I don't know how to get those plugins either...

I didn't know what to think of the new font size at first, but i got used to it, since it doesn't really make a drastic change. I guess that if a lot of people have a problem with the new font size it will just be changed back to what it was, but having to choose between font sizes seems like a solid solution too.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It doesn't matter if "it's not high priority" - this is the suggestions thread and it's a suggestion. Random users telling people their suggestions aren't important pretty much undermines the purpose of the suggestions thread.

Telling people to code it themselves also misses the point of this thread. It exists for people who currently code or want to code for Showdown to see what users want, so a suggestion that the main developers might be too busy for can still be implemented if someone sees it and decides they want to take the time to make it. People would like a choice of different font sizes, which is a decent suggestion. It might not that big of a deal, but it's still something that Showdown can improve upon and so it was posted here so the desire for a feature can be known.

Why are so many people eager to try and shoot down suggestions? It literally impedes improvement.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Unless you are a core dev, nobody cares if you do not think a particular suggestion is important/useful. If you don't think a suggestion is worth implementing, then do not expend the effort in implementing it. So unless you think an option to change font size is actively harmful, don't post about it after the initial suggestion.

Not sure if this was suggested before, but it would be nice for the timer in scripted tournaments to be reduced in battles if one of the opponents leave. Anyone who has participated in a scripted tournament probably knows the feeling when they are about to win a scripted tournament match and there opponent leaves just as the winning opponent is about to educe the final blow. Waiting 300 seconds is not to long, but it can get quite annoying when it happens a lot.

I know this may be a bit of a random and sweeping suggestion, but can CAP mons be added back to randbats? I think it would be a way to encourage more people to participate in CAP because I'd expect many people to see the CAP in battle and think "Wow! Smogon makes these? Where do I sign up?" I've never learned why exactly they were removed in the first place, so I would like it if someone who is 'in the know' about that could enlighten me.

I know this may be a bit of a random and sweeping suggestion, but can CAP mons be added back to randbats? I think it would be a way to encourage more people to participate in CAP because I'd expect many people to see the CAP in battle and think "Wow! Smogon makes these? Where do I sign up?" I've never learned why exactly they were removed in the first place, so I would like it if someone who is 'in the know' about that could enlighten me.
They didn't think that IIRC, they usually asked "WTF is a fakemon doing in randbats?!?!"

Last edited:
As funny as it is, and I hate to be a joke killer, since I play mostly randbats, could there possibly be a change in rotom fan's item (air balloon). I know the 3x ground immunity is all funny and whatnot, but it can be more useful with other sets. Perhaps have a small chance for it to have an air ballon.

In this same vein, is it true that every heatmore has the exact same set? Because I've been playing around that set a lot, and it seems eveyone knows it, taking out the element of strategizing by surprise from the meta.

As funny as it is, and I hate to be a joke killer, since I play mostly randbats, could there possibly be a change in rotom fan's item (air balloon). I know the 3x ground immunity is all funny and whatnot, but it can be more useful with other sets. Perhaps have a small chance for it to have an air ballon.

In this same vein, is it true that every heatmore has the exact same set? Because I've been playing around that set a lot, and it seems eveyone knows it, taking out the element of strategizing by surprise from the meta.
I'm not sure if it can be changed, or at least be easy to. I'm pretty sure it would require a bit of recoding but I agree this should be removed along with 3-move magnezone and manectric.

As far as I know, it was removed because many disliked it. I would like to see them back too, though ^-^

Last edited:

Zarel is fond of the air balloon set and has skewed it's level up higher than it should be to balance it's viability. Using more standard rotom-s sets would make it out of balance because it'd be too high of level for such sets. Also many of the Rotom forms have very similar sets and the sort of things rotom fan would run would actually make it stand out less from the other Rotoms than it does with just having higher stats and a more viable way to utilize air slash.
So yes, the set could be changed, but as far as I know having the air balloon sets as well as other sets wouldn't be possible as it can't have multiple levels for different sets (as far as I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)