ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Pidgeot. Praise Bird Jesus, finally Pidgeot will do something (or not)! My favourite pokémon.

I think No Guard was basically given to him because of Hurricane. You know, Hurricanes and Gusts and stuff are part of Pidgeot imaginary, so they wanted to give him this niche.

Now, for it to be viable naturally Sp Attack needs to rise A LOT.

I would like something like

103 (+20)
130 (+60)
121 (+20)

So Pidgeot would be a fast powerfull special attacker with decentish bulk. So without being OP it would be a good mon.
As long as the Sp Attack is in the 120-ish mark I think Mega Pidgeot will be viable if you want a flying special sweeper.

But I don't think they will do it like that, I think they'll spread it a bit more, like increasing the attack too and not being that generous in special attack. So it can be a lot less reliable with sub-par Hurricanes.
It could relearn Work Up to boost the Sp Attack while having Brave Bird too to threaten special walls. And Mirror Move can be fun.

As for new attacks, Boomburst makes sense. Extremespeed could make some sense too.
Nasty Plot would help, but I don't see Pidgeot as making sense of it. Bulk Up yes.

If they want to go crazy, they could give him Thunder, because of storm related reasons. A super long stretch, I don't think it's likely.

Last edited:
The more I look at mega Pidgeot, the more I fall in love. It looks beautiful. The only thing I don't like is its resemblance to Braviary, and not because Braviary doesn't look good (it most certainly does) but because it makes mega Pidgeot feel less original. Oh well, I guess GF's creativity had to run out at some point.

Mega Pidgeot. Praise Bird Jesus, finally Pidgeot will do something (or not)! My favourite pokémon.

I think No Guard was basically given to him because of Hurricane. You know, Hurricanes and Gusts and stuff are part of Pidgeot imaginary, so they wanted to give him this niche.

Now, for it to be viable naturally Sp Attack needs to rise A LOT.

I would like something like

103 (+20)
130 (+60)
121 (+20)

So Pidgeot would be a fast powerfull special attacker with decentish bulk. So without being OP it would be a good mon.
As long as the Sp Attack is in the 120-ish mark I think Mega Pidgeot will be viable if you want a flying special sweeper.

But I don't think they will do it like that, I think they'll spread it a bit more, like increasing the attack too and not being that generous in special attack. So it can be a lot less reliable with sub-par Hurricanes.
It could relearn Work Up to boost the Sp Attack while having Brave Bird too to threaten special walls. And Mirror Move can be fun.

As for new attacks, Boomburst makes sense. Extremespeed could make some sense too.
Nasty Plot would help, but I don't see Pidgeot as making sense of it. Bulk Up yes.

If they want to go crazy, they could give him Thunder, because of storm related reasons. A super long stretch, I don't think it's likely.
HP is never raised and I highly doubt they'll go for a +60. Their stat boosts are rarely if ever ideal.

It is really interesting to see these changes, but one question is on my mind...one that is becoming really irksome to me.

Will we be able to fly on the opposite Eon Pokemon, if we have it? Or will it be set to version?
With the Eon Ticket, will we get the other Mega Stone as well?

Because of these questions, I am actually going against my favorite color and right now settling my sights on OR. Unless something dissuades me from the fact, that is what I am sticking with.

I really just want to fly with my Latios. He is my baby. owo

what was the stat spread for the Latis again?

M-Pidgeot won't have more than 120 Sp Atk no pokes have gotten more than 50 in a stat - it's still decent and useable,even without an item. I think with around a 30/40 speed boost which is very likely it'll be a good late game cleaner

Both Megas are really cool looking design-wise, and if they give them the right stat boosts, they could become viable at least in UU, if not OU.

I think Mega-Pidgeot didn't got Gale Wings because Talonflame exist, and does a much better job with it. And I think 100% accuarate Hurricane is better than priority Hurricane.

If GF still has a surprise mega to show in the demo, it would probably be a Hoenn Pokemon...hopefully

(Still waiting for Mega-Breloom, tho)

I remember an article how someone said look how broken Gen V Beedrill would be in Gen 2 with toxic spikes etc. So Beedrill gets better every gen? I approve!!

Guys, have you seen who mega Beedril is attacking? Yes, it's Shiftry. Again. Believe me, mega Shiftry is confirmed. Shiftry is getting too much attention and since they've apparently let go of any criterion for selecting pokémon to get a mega evolution (even freaking Breedril got one for God's sake!) I just can't see how Shiftry isn't joining in the party.

Really don't care for these tbh. I have never been a fan of Beedrill but at least Pidgeot looks nice. Remind me again why these are getting megas and we STILL haven't seen Flygon and Milotic? Also the Lati twin megas are looking as strange as ever.

Otherwise this is quite an unexpected twist, the flying around and finding pokemon in the sky. Seems like they took a page right out of pokemon ranger. I have to say making all non-event legendary pokemon available in ORAS is a cool move.

Has any information on stats at all been released? Even just something vague like "It's attack gets better!"?
And, if I'm not mistaken, mega Pidgeot gets a Sp.Atk boost.

Btw, do you guys remember that Alakazam got a +10 Sp.Def increase in Gen VI and for that reason mega Alakazam only got +90 BST? Sadly, both Pidgeot and Beedril already got upgraded stats in Gen VI (+10 Speed for Pidgeot and +10 Atk for Beedrill), meaning there's a good chance their megas will only see a +90 BST increase. This is really unfortunate, because unlike Alakazam, they don't have two excellent stats on their base form or an interesting ability like Magic Guard to give some protection before mega evolving and need every boost they can get.

So if it's confirmed that every non-event legendary will be catchable in Generation VI, I'm expecting Kyurem to be in this game. The DNA Splicers were obtainable in XY, so that completes the circle.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Mega Beedril!? With that badass design and Adaptability!? My childhood is complete!

Seriously, I never thought I'd live to see the day where Beedrill may actually be viable.

in b4 it's featured in the anime, chasing Ash and friends.

And, if I'm not mistaken, mega Pidgeot gets a Sp.Atk boost.

Btw, do you guys remember that Alakazam got a +10 Sp.Def increase in Gen VI and for that reason mega Alakazam only got +90 BST? Sadly, both Pidgeot and Beedril already got upgraded stats in Gen VI (+10 Speed for Pidgeot and +10 Atk for Beedrill), meaning there's a good chance their megas will only see a +90 BST increase. This is really unfortunate, because unlike Alakazam, they don't have two excellent stats on their base form or an interesting ability like Magic Guard to give some protection before mega evolving and need every boost they can get.
Remember, Ampharos also got a +10 stat boost in XY. I'm very willing to bet that Alakazam was just an error and an oversight.

I have no idea if this theory has any backing but, given that Beedrill and Pidgeot both received megas in ORAS AND stat boosts in XY (+10 Atk for Drill +10 Spe to Pidge iirc), might this be a way for GF to signify who will get megas?

Mega Azumarill.
GOD.
After mega Slowbro losing Regenerator for Shell Armor and mega Gallade having Inner Focus, I'm sure GF would screw that one up too.

And have to disagree with totoTavros' theory. Just take a look at the pokémon who've had stats updated and those who got mega evolutions. The matches are too few to be meaningful, especially when you factor in how many pokémon got ME without having a stat boost in Gen VI.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
It's actually pretty cool to see an emphasis on Kanto mons now; it makes ORAS feel more like a remake of Gen III as a whole instead of just R/S.

We can't forget about FireRed/LeafGreen after all; Kanto's just as important to Generation III as Hoenn.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
On my phone. Not sure if this has been said already, but MegaBeedrill has increased Attack and Speed, while MegaPidgeot has increased Sp. Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)