Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Rightyoooo! I've not played Pokémon in quite a while and I thought I'd restart my Pearl again, to do a scramble. So guys, give me some Pokémon and not too too hard please. Creativity is always awesome though.

Darknesscrusher, take Timid the Piplup.

Timid is extremely timid, and this causes him to have trouble leveling up. At the start, he may not rise above level 10. To increase the level cap and evolve, Timid must help defeat certain Gym leaders:

Help defeat Gardenia to raise the cap to level 30
Help defeat Maylene to evolve into Prinplup
Help defeat Crasher Wake to raise the cap to level 50
Help defeat Fantina to evolve into Empoleon
Help defeat Byron to raise the cap to level 70
Help defeat Volkner to eliminate the cap entirely

These are NOT solos. Timid need only participate in the fight to get credit. However, he must actually participate - switching him in and then immediately out does not count!

Darknesscrusher take CHIMECHO THE TERRIBLE (TERRIBLE for short) the, well...take a guess.

You don't have to catch it as a Chimecho, but it has to be a Chimecho ASAP, and it must have a movepool of Yawn, Toxic, Endure, and one move of your choice ASAP. Naturally, it loves watching its enemies suffer slowly. VERY slowly. As such, you must always use Yawn first. It also wants to make as many of its enemies suffer as possible, so solo one gym leader and one E4 member of your choice.

Take Little Boy the Munchlax. Since it was bred with the egg move Selfdestruct, it loves exploding so much that Selfdestruct is the only attacking move it may ever use. In addition, it may not use any indirect damaging moves like Toxic. Evolve into Snorlax by soloing Fantina, and rename it Fat Man upon evolution.

Rightyoooo! I've not played Pokémon in quite a while and I thought I'd restart my Pearl again, to do a scramble. So guys, give me some Pokémon and not too too hard please. Creativity is always awesome though.
Rev up those malware detectors, because you just downloaded BonziBuddy the Aipom
BonziBuddy is everyone's favorite virus, and obviously knows Taunt and Nasty Plot, and always will. To evolve, He needs to take 10 trainer's credit card information by Taunting and Nasty Plotting in front of ALL their Pokemon (They must have a minimum of two pokemon to count). When he evolves, his only STAB can be Double Hit. But Bonzi knows he must find his wife, ALPACA again. To do this, you must solo one Cyrus fight and Volkner, who is using Bonzi's good twin for wonderful purposes. If he fails in his quest to find ALPACA, you must not use him at all for the Elite 4 due to heart break.

Phione I think he meant Korrina

Rev up those malware detectors, because you just downloaded BonziBuddy the Aipom
BonziBuddy is everyone's favorite virus, and obviously knows Taunt and Nasty Plot, and always will. To evolve, He needs to take 10 trainer's credit card information by Taunting and Nasty Plotting in front of ALL their Pokemon (They must have a minimum of two pokemon to count). When he evolves, his only STAB can be Double Hit. But Bonzi knows he must find his wife, ALPACA again. To do this, you must solo one Cyrus fight and Volkner, who is using Bonzi's good twin for wonderful purposes. If he fails in his quest to find ALPACA, you must not use him at all for the Elite 4 due to heart break.
Seems fair enough... Aimpom is a bitch to catch though.

Darknesscrusher, take Timid the Piplup.

Timid is extremely timid, and this causes him to have trouble leveling up. At the start, he may not rise above level 10. To increase the level cap and evolve, Timid must help defeat certain Gym leaders:

Help defeat Gardenia to raise the cap to level 30
Help defeat Maylene to evolve into Prinplup
Help defeat Crasher Wake to raise the cap to level 50
Help defeat Fantina to evolve into Empoleon
Help defeat Byron to raise the cap to level 70
Help defeat Volkner to eliminate the cap entirely

These are NOT solos. Timid need only participate in the fight to get credit. However, he must actually participate - switching him in and then immediately out does not count!
Kay, accepted.

Darknesscrusher take CHIMECHO THE TERRIBLE (TERRIBLE for short) the, well...take a guess.

You don't have to catch it as a Chimecho, but it has to be a Chimecho ASAP, and it must have a movepool of Yawn, Toxic, Endure, and one move of your choice ASAP. Naturally, it loves watching its enemies suffer slowly. VERY slowly. As such, you must always use Yawn first. It also wants to make as many of its enemies suffer as possible, so solo one gym leader and one E4 member of your choice.

Take Little Boy the Munchlax. Since it was bred with the egg move Selfdestruct, it loves exploding so much that Selfdestruct is the only attacking move it may ever use. In addition, it may not use any indirect damaging moves like Toxic. Evolve into Snorlax by soloing Fantina, and rename it Fat Man upon evolution.
I've already used Chimecho in the past and tbh, it's kinda annoying to use Yawn first...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Darknesscrusher take OCD the Shinx. OCD is irrationally obsessed over evenness so he must have four different kinds of moves with different effects. That means four of either an attack, a boosting move, a lowering move (used on the enemy), a move that inflicts status on himself, a move that inflicts status on the enemy, Protect, Light Screen/Reflect, Rest, you get the point.

OCD must cycle through all of the moves when he is in battle. So he must use all of the moves once before he can use any of them again. He does not have to pick the same order each time.

Each time he evolves, he is able to learn one additional attack.

Darknesscrusher take OCD the Shinx. OCD is irrationally obsessed over evenness so he must have four different kinds of moves with different effects. That means four of either an attack, a boosting move, a lowering move (used on the enemy), a move that inflicts status on himself, a move that inflicts status on the enemy, Protect, Light Screen/Reflect, Rest, you get the point.

OCD must cycle through all of the moves when he is in battle. So he must use all of the moves once before he can use any of them again. He does not have to pick the same order each time.

Each time he evolves, he is able to learn one additional attack.
Fair enough. Now to look at Shinx's movepool... Btw what do I do when it hasn't learned 4 moves yet?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ignore any moves you have that are the same kind of move (for example, two attacks) and then play the challange with the moves remaining. You can choose which of the duplicates you want to use for that battle.

Darknesscrusher take Pure the Misdreavus.
Pure may only use STAB moves (ignore any non Ghost moves if necessary) and can only use hold items(e.g. Berries, Belts...) but no other items (Potions, X-Items, Dusk Stones:).
Pure must defeat Maylene without help from its teammates.

First ever Scramble Challange so let's make it a good one!

Pokemon Platinum.
Unable to trade.
Nothing radically hard, just something creative / fresh that still obviously challanges me to make things work.
All Human nicknames please [Derek, Steve, Monica, etc]
Give them personality and backstory! Make 'em quirky, I like quirky :]
None of this solo 100 x's to evolve please. I'm not here to hard out grind for the majority of the game.
Edit: A starter would be appreciated also, not bothered which one, cheers.

That's that. Looking forward to ScramPlat: Kumara Style

Update / Team so far.

#1. Se Jun the Pachirisu. Must be involved in every double battle. Must get Riolu egg before Byron. Thanks to hitoshura0.

Last edited:
Darknesscrusher take Pure the Misdreavus.
Pure may only use STAB moves (ignore any non Ghost moves if necessary) and can only use hold items(e.g. Berries, Belts...) but no other items (Potions, X-Items, Dusk Stones:).
Pure must defeat Maylene without help from its teammates.
Okay, accepted. Does this restriction for moves also count for boosting moves? (Also, Lucario will be such a pain. Oh well.)

Okay, accepted. Does this restriction for moves also count for boosting moves? (Also, Lucario will be such a pain. Oh well.)
The rule applies for any kind of move, so Pure will have Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball and Grudge available.
If you think that is too harsh you could breed for Ominous Wind and Destiny Bond as well.
If Pure starts to suck too much in the late game we can somehow think about the possibility to unlock other moves, but then it will not be Pure anymore. Let us decide this when you are in Victory Road :)

First ever Scramble Challange so let's make it a good one!

Pokemon Platinum.
Unable to trade.
Nothing radically hard, just something creative / fresh that still obviously challanges me to make things work.
All Human nicknames please [Derek, Steve, Monica, etc]
Give them personality and backstory! Make 'em quirky, I like quirky :]
None of this solo 100 x's to evolve please. I'm not here to hard out grind for the majority of the game.

That's that. Looking forward to ScramPlat: Kumara Style
Take Se Jun the Pachirisu. Now, after the big hulabaloo about Pachi's being VGC viable, most are now named Se Jun after their new god. And they know where they excel in is Double battling. So Se Jun must be involved in every Double battle, including ones where you have an AI partner. To further prove his mettle, you must get the Riolu egg before going to fight Byron. If you decide not to do this, he will call himself a failure and be unavailable after you get the 8th gym badge

The rule applies for any kind of move, so Pure will have Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball and Grudge available.
If you think that is too harsh you could breed for Ominous Wind and Destiny Bond as well.
If Pure starts to suck too much in the late game we can somehow think about the possibility to unlock other moves, but then it will not be Pure anymore. Let us decide this when you are in Victory Road :)
Seems fine to me.

Take Se Jun the Pachirisu. Now, after the big hulabaloo about Pachi's being VGC viable, most are now named Se Jun after their new god. And they know where they excel in is Double battling. So Se Jun must be involved in every Double battle, including ones where you have an AI partner. To further prove his mettle, you must get the Riolu egg before going to fight Byron. If you decide not to do this, he will call himself a failure and be unavailable after you get the 8th gym badge
Thank you hitoshura0, just what I am looking for. Let's make the next one even tougher.

I want to try a Scramble for Pokemon Y. I can trade. I would like a medium/hard challenge. Please no excessive grinding as challenges, and nothing crazy impossible. I would like a starter, but if I don't get one, I need at least one pokemon I can catch before I get to Santalune City (or I suppose Route 22).

My Team so far:
1. Lord Derp the Azurill: Lord Derp is a king, and so feels like Pokemon below his level are below him, and so refuses to battle any Pokemon beneath his/her level. However, Lord Derp is derby, and so must solo Wikstrom's Probopass and any Spinda or Farfech'd you encounter. Also, this causes him/her to not be allowed to use STAB moves. This is hard enough as it is, so that's all. Gl,hf!
2. Goku the Mareep: Goku is a simple, happy creature who must have a Special Attack boosting nature. He may only use Special attacks, and cannot use Physical or Status type effects. He can never use a move twice in a row, and must use a STAB every odd move in battle (Ex.: Thunderbolt->Focus Blast->Thunderbolt->Signal Beam-> Dragon Pulse->etc). Ignore these stipulations if you do not have sufficient Special moves to use, but try to follow them ASAP. Goku also cares deeply for his friends, and if they're hurt he releases amazing power. So, he can only Mega Evolve when everyone else in your party is dead (Must have at least 3 other pokemon in your team, or he still will be restricted from Megaing). He must solo Clemont in Mega form to be able to learn Dragon Pulse and must solo Drasna in mega form.
3. Harvest Moon the Phantump: Harvest Moon must have the ability harvest, and always needs to hold a berry.
Also, Harvest moon can't battle under the sun, so he can't battle when it is outside during daytime, and must always switch out when the weather is changed to intense sunlight.
Finally, Harvest Moon must solo Ramos.

Soloes:
Wikstrom's Probopass: Lord Derp
Spinda and Farfetch'd: Lord Derp
Clemont: Goku
Drasna: Goku
Ramos: Harvest Moon

EDIT: I have been given all 6 mons and have started my challenge. At this point I'm too lazy to post them all here as I'm on mobile, but I don't need any more challenges.

Last edited:
topher4167 take Lord Derp the Azurill. Lord Derp is a king, and so feels like Pokemon below his level are below him, and so refuses to battle any Pokemon beneath his/her level. However, Lord Derp is derby, and so must solo Wikstrom's Probopass and any Spinda or Farfech'd you encounter. Also, this causes him/her to not be allowed to use STAB moves. This is hard enough as it is, so that's all. Gl,hf!

topher4167 take Lord Derp the Azurill. Lord Derp is a king, and so feels like Pokemon below his level are below him, and so refuses to battle any Pokemon beneath his/her level. However, Lord Derp is derby, and so must solo Wikstrom's Probopass and any Spinda or Farfech'd you encounter. Also, this causes him/her to not be allowed to use STAB moves. This is hard enough as it is, so that's all. Gl,hf!
This is accepted, but in the case that Probopass and any Spinda or Farfetch'd are lower leveled, I assume Lord Derp should solo them anyway?

I want to try a Scramble for Pokemon Y. I can trade. I would like a medium/hard challenge. Please no excessive grinding as challenges, and nothing crazy impossible. I would like a starter, but if I don't get one, I need at least one pokemon I can catch before I get to Santalune City (or I suppose Route 22).
Take Goku the Ampharos. Goku is a simple, happy creature who must have a Special Attack boosting nature. He may only use Special attacks, and cannot use Physical or Status type effects. He can never use a move twice in a row, and must use a STAB every odd move in battle (Ex.: Thunderbolt->Focus Blast->Thunderbolt->Signal Beam-> Dragon Pulse->etc). Ignore these stipulations if you do not have sufficient Special moves to use, but try to follow them ASAP. Goku also cares deeply for his friends, and if they're hurt he releases amazing power. So, he can only Mega Evolve when everyone else in your party is dead (Must have at least 3 other pokemon in your team, or he still will be restricted from Megaing). He must solo Clemont in Mega form to be able to learn Dragon Pulse and must solo Drasna in mega form.

topher4167, take Vista the Rotom.

* Choose one Rotom form; this is the only form Vista may use.
* Vista must learn Toxic ASAP and use it at the beginning of every battle it participates in; this holds true even if the opponent is Poison- or Steel-type.
* Vista's other moves must all be STAB moves, with at least one being Electric and at least one being its other type.
* Because the real Windows Vista was underused, Vista must solo all Pokemon that are UU tier and not covered by another mon's solos.

Take Goku the Ampharos. Goku is a simple, happy creature who must have a Special Attack boosting nature. He may only use Special attacks, and cannot use Physical or Status type effects. He can never use a move twice in a row, and must use a STAB every odd move in battle (Ex.: Thunderbolt->Focus Blast->Thunderbolt->Signal Beam-> Dragon Pulse->etc). Ignore these stipulations if you do not have sufficient Special moves to use, but try to follow them ASAP. Goku also cares deeply for his friends, and if they're hurt he releases amazing power. So, he can only Mega Evolve when everyone else in your party is dead (Must have at least 3 other pokemon in your team, or he still will be restricted from Megaing). He must solo Clemont in Mega form to be able to learn Dragon Pulse and must solo Drasna in mega form.
Ninja'd by you XD but this is also accepted, with the stipulation that I don't want to have to get one with a specific nature. Mareep are somewhat difficult to find as it is, and I don't want to spend forever to find the right nature (even if it would be really beneficial). Also, two questions: I know Goku can't use non-STAB moves twice in a row, but can he use STAB moves twice in a row? And for the Clemont and Drasna soloes, do I have to let all of my other pokemon die first to be able to mega evolve? Or is it just allowed in those fights to mega evolve immediately?
topher4167, take Vista the Rotom.

* Choose one Rotom form; this is the only form Vista may use.
* Vista must learn Toxic ASAP and use it at the beginning of every battle it participates in; this holds true even if the opponent is Poison- or Steel-type.
* Vista's other moves must all be STAB moves, with at least one being Electric and at least one being its other type.
* Because the real Windows Vista was underused, Vista must solo all Pokemon that are UU tier and not covered by another mon's solos.
I want to accept this and just remove the UU soloes (because those seem really tedious and I don't want to keep track of them all the time), but that's like the hardest part of the challenge. Otherwise Vista would be really easy. So I think I have to reject this one :(.

EDIT: Decided to give a challenge myself, but didn't want to double post. Anyway, here we go...
HumbleKumara take Geoffrey the Chimchar. He is a proper British gentleman, and refuses to act so brutally as most pokemon do. He refuses to get his own hands dirty, meaning he can't use physical attacking moves, only special attacking and status moves (Since I know Scratch will be his only attacking move at first it's obviously fine. Once he gets Ember just stop using Scratch.). Also, he thinks your rival is the epitome of an American imbecile, and so must solo him at least once (and the first battle against him doesn't count because you have to do that anyway). I hope this isn't too hard! Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
If you bring a sync in, it shouldn't be TOO hard to get one with a +Special attack user, but I don't mind if you take that away because it's failry irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. And to answer your question: You only need to follow the restrictions of no one move used twice in a row, and a STAB move being used every odd turn he's in (1st, 3rd, 5th, ...). HOW you accomplish that doesn't matter, so long as you do it that way. So, if you had two Electric STAB, you could spam between the two of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)