Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks for telling me. I'll edit out Dclaw and put Dmeteor as the first slash. Tbh, I feel like the only thing Altaria has over Mence offensively is bulk, and maybe typing. I think it would be better as a bulky attacker rather than a full offensive threat. I'm slashing Roost as the first option in the fourth slot.
Its just arguably you can do both no? It has the presumed bulk to have set up oppurtunites (Being able to set up on a Charizard seems stupidly good) or just being a natural healer. Could do both well I would think.

I'm really interested in some of these new Megas, they'll really take the metagame by storm.

To start with a prime suspect, it is pretty obvious even from what little knowledge we have that Mega Salamence will be too much for the tier. I'm usually the last one to theorymon potential suspects or broken Pokemon, and often take a conservative approach to considering tiering. Mega Salamence goes beyond that, boasting that same Aerialate that makes Mega Pinsir so powerful, with boosted offenses and likely Speed. Mega Salamence is likely to be faster than Mega Pinsir. Mega Salamence also has the ability to use Fire Blast to smack typical Aerialate Pinsir checks like Skarmory and Doublade. Flying + Dragon + Ground or Fire coverage is great, and with some amazing boosting moves like Tailwind ans most importantly Dragon Dance, Mega Salamence is very likely to be considered broken and possibly even quick banned. I'm really excited for Mega Swampert too, as it looks to run away from its usual defensive roles and become an unwallable beast on rain teams. It has far less weaknesses than the other Swift Swimmers as well as much more general bulk, and has a wide variety of coverage to deter switch-ins. It could also setup SR on rain teams as well, and like Seismitoad, it boasts an immunity to Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave, making it an amazing check and a prime choice for a rain team's Mega. In fact, I can also see it pulling off an offensive Stealth Rock set which just happens to toally fuck up opposing rain teams, if it just gets a small boost to its Speed. I love Grass-types, and Mega Sceptile seems so great. OU lacks a fast Grass-type, so a Pokemon with the ability to outspeed and destroy the various fast Water-types in the tier is amazing (mostly Keldeo and Greninja). Sceptile has a reasonable movepool, but I think the one of its main pros is Lightningrod, giving it an immunity to Thundurus's Thunder Wave as well, while also making Mega Sceptile a reliable switch-in to Volt Switch users and Pokemon like Rotom-W. Mega Altaria has been noted to be a check to both Mega Charizard formes, and while that niche isn't in as much demand as it was earlier in XY, it's still incredibly valuable. It also seems to be able to run physical and special sets, and even a defensive one. Mega Slowbro got a lot of slack when everyone found out that its ability was Shell Armor, but I feel this is unwarranted. Slowbro can still pivot in and out, checking things early game, and once its checks have been worn down or burned with Scald, it can start setting up Calm Minds with its enormous bulk, and not have to worry about being crit, something CM Clefable can only dream of. Mega Lopunny is interesting, it is fast and has a strong Fighting-type STAB in High Jump Kick. Mega Camerupt has the SpD and typing to check things like Thundurus, Mega Manectric, and Raikou, while also being a reasonable Mew check as well. Mega Metagross may finally redeem Metagross's drop in viability. There's too many to talk about, maybe the rest another time.

Mega Diancie will get 50/150/100/150/100/150, it's so obvious.

Why is Mega Gallade's ability so basic? They should of gave him Magic Guard or something.

[Beedril] I'm kind of liking Mega Beedrill. STAB Adapt. U-Turn, lol. I hope they add to his moveset and he gets at least Base 110 Speed.
[Pidgeot] I hope he finally gets "Mach 5" speed. Base 130ish would be decent. I was honestly hoping it would get Gale Wings.
[Glalie] LOL! Has anyone ran the calcs? I think Adamant Explosion OHKO's Skarmory after SR.
[Sceptile] Although Mega Sceptile has good Sp.Atk, it has a better Physical Movepool unless we get amazing Move Tutors.
[Steelix] This is basically Game Freak learning their lesson after Mega Aggron.
[Swampert] I'm hoping we have a Slack Off Move Tutor so Mega Swampert could finally have some sort of recovery.

The new Dragons are coming to take over OU.
Mega Alteria fucks Zard X; He can't do anything to this Majestic Cream Puff.
If Mega Salamence gets at least +20 in Atk and +20 Sp.Atk, and a bit more speed (+10ish), he'll wreck OU.
And that's just a +30 Boost to his stats. Don't forget you still have to add 70 more, LOL!

But yeah, Mega Salamence will reclaim his Throne as best Dragon in OU.
Mega Metagross will be good too.

Last edited:
mega mence is objectively broken, gonna get that out there for people who didn't already know

but anyways mega sceptile seems interesting, i've even made a mixed attacker set already

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty/Rash Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

so this set has great coverage+power(if rash) and it has a nice n powerful 145 speed. rash leaf storm just hits like a fucking truck with bombs inside, and dragon pulse is spammable because no fairy i know of likes eating a leaf storm. earthquake nabs heatran which otherwise walls your coverage, and HP fire rounds it out by hitting skarmory, ferrothorn, and mega scizor. also made an sd set:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Thunderpunch/Drain Punch
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Leaf Blade

may not be as viable as the mixed wall breaker but mega sceptiles access to swords dance and superior physical move pool lend itself well to sd. it takes great advantage of its speed and paralysis immunity to beat things that would normally beat most SD users. of course, its clearly weaker than most due to lack of item, but it beats things that normally beat most SD users. as such, it makes a great partner for things like SD terrakion.

lets discuss the most broken one and what i believe to be its best set

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
insane coverage, bulk, and power, not unlike our old friend dpp salamence. the spread is obviously a wip, having stole it from the analysis from BW. but basically, draco meteor shreds most physical walls such as quagsire, rhyperior, lando-t, and some other things. return rounds out things like clefable, chansey, and other special walls considering that few of them resist flying. the rest is just for stuff that your stabs don't hit like skarmory, heatran, ferrothorn, mega scizor, and most steel types pretty much. i believe that mixed>dd because thats what is was like in dpp and since this is like dpp salamence 2.0 i don't see why mixed wouldn't be its best yet again.

as for mega metagross, there isn't a clear best set atm, but this should be a nice one

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt/Thunderpunch/Stealth Rock
basically it can be a wall breaker, SR setter, a great pursuit trapper, and a switch in to latis, azumarill, and cc pinsir, basically being so much for a teamslot. it is among the best pursuit trappers, having a high speed and tough claws, while also being really strong outside of pursuit. the last slot is basically for the 4mss, basically choosing between SR, zen, and tpunch. max evs so it can be as good a pursuit trapper as possible.

here is my best set for sableye:

Sableye @ Sablite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute/Will-O-Wisp/Taunt/Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

mono attacking sableye has prankster first turn and magic guard afterwards. after it fires off a prankster CM/sub/wisp/taunt due to turn order stuff, it becomes a decently strong attacker while also becoming a good special tank on top of its physical bulk. dark pulse is the preferred option if mono, shadow ball if dazzling gleam. it sets up on mega medicham, which is lol.

mega gallade seems like it should be a faster and weaker mega medicham that has access to SD and close combat.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off/Psycho Cut/Shadow Sneak/Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch/Psycho Cut/Shadow Sneak/Ice Punch

there are other options i don't feel like listing such as taunt, stone edge, sub, leaf blade and some other stuff. basically a setup sweeper with some good coverage. also has that positively FABULOUS cape. it seems like it should be able to hit hard as soon as it comes in and then should be able to set up n sweep when the time is right. has access to priority that has sick coverage w/ cc and also access to bolt beam via elemental punches. its just crazy man

gonna make a set for beedrill because i can

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

basically SD. it would be most effective if it gets like 50/50 boosts in attack/speed, but it still has decent coverage+power with adaptability. it gets walled by the usual suspects, but it should suffice if you wanted to use mega beedrill in OU. it seems kinda mediocre, but hey if you wanted a challenge its here.

now for mega pidgeot

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Roost
subroost no guard hurricanes+heat waves are hella hard to switch into even if it gets like +40 satk because of the coverage. it doesnt have much else, so thats why it is sub roost. hurricane is hard to switch into even if you resist it because of the retarded confusion chance. heat wave also has a slight burn chance. sub allows it to fire off hurricanes freely against offense.

not gonna talk about the rest because too much effort
EDIT:252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 313-369 (93.7 - 110.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

They still haven't given us mega flygon smh.

DD Mega Salamence is going to tear through shit like there's no tomorrow. Definitely going to get the hammer first.

If you hate LO recoil go ahead and use the Mega Latis.

Sand Force = Nerfed Sheer Force js.

Mega Swampert is most definitely going to be a massive threat in the meta and by far one of my favorites other than the ever so godly BIRD JESUS. And Mega Lopunny a.k.a Coverage Goddess is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with when ORAS comes out, not even ghosts are safe.

Betting on this set being it's standard one right here:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Fake Out / Power-Up Punch
- Healing Wish

Spam attacks, use healing wish when you're done. Nuff said.

Ghosts? Pfff, she'll be all like:

Normal Spam new meta.

Edit: Forgot to mention how awesome Mega Swampert's T-Wave immunity is, which is gr8 for rain teams.

Last edited:
Call me a contrarian here, but I don't think Mence will be banworthy. We've seen how strong Aerilate is on Pinsir, but don't forget that Pinsir has access to SD while Mence has to go with the weaker DD. Pinsir can also break defensive Steels with CC or just stop things from wanting to deal with it using Knock Off, while Mence has to either rely on the weaker and more easily exploited EQ or go mixed which will gimp his power especially since he's not carrying LO. Sure you get a nice secondary STAB but it's either Outrage which is so easy to take advantage of or the weak ass Dragon Claw. (Or Draco Meteor which is both exploitable and again gimps his power.) Not to mention that Pinsir has priority, which Mence lacks. I don't see him replacing Pinsir on burd teams (which, let's be honest, will probably be his best home if not DragMag), and if Pinsir stays in the meta Mence probably will too. None of this is to say that he won't be good, simply because he will be able to punch holes into things with his stupid power and perhaps Intimidate + Def boost means he'll get a nice setup opportunity, but Pinsir has a lot of things he doesn't in exchange for a little less power and speed and these things may make Pinsir the better choice most of the time.

What I'm kinda curious about is what this will mean for things that we already banned. Would these new megas and possibly move tutors shake up the metagame enough for something like Aegislash to come back or some other uber?

Smog Frog kind of stole what I wanted to say on Swords Dance Mega Sceptile, but I do want to say that Leaf Blade can also be slashed with Thunderpunch so that Sceptile can deal with Skarmory/Togekiss at the same time as Heatran/Ferrothorn and can 2HKO most non-ground type bulky Waters. Not dismissing Leaf Blade's usefulness or anything since that is really helpful with dealing with certain Fairies thanks to STAB and beats things like Quagsire without issue.

Mega Swampert is going to awesome with just the right amount of bulk, speed and power. It can even set up its own Rain Dance to fit on non-Rain teams.
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp --> Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower/Ice Punch

I can't seem to collect the rest of my thoughts right now. I'll be back

I have a few predictions as to where the megas will fall tier-wise but these may be higher or lower than expected.
Mega Beedrill- Honestly I think this thing will be RU. Beedrill atm is underwhelming and while his new ability is great, it's still not enough to become a top tier threat as it's stats still are less than impressive but it could prove useful there
Mega Pidgeot- I think this thing could be UU. It's stats are mediocre but with it's ability and 100% accurate Hurricanes and SEdges and decent speed it can be a decent 'mon there.
Mega Swampert- This thing is a beast. With great bulk and awesome ability and decent attack it can really be a massive threat in OU. It'll perform amazingly well on rain teams especially with less weaknesses than other Swift Swimmers it'll be a beast in OU for sure.
Mega Sceptile- Lacking the monstrous distribution of Mega Swampert and having a 4X weakness to Ice isn't pretty but it does have useful attacking stats and an immunity to Thunder Wave which is amazing in a meta full of Thundurus so it could be good in OU.
Mega Sableye- tbh I'd say this thing will be around the same tier-wise as standard Sableye. Sableye's greatest niche is his ability Prankster because Priority Taunt is a bitch but his new ability in Magic Bounce isn't bad but will probably be outclassed by Mega Absol and Espeon as Magic Bouncers
Mega Slowbro- This thing loses Regenerator(AKA Slowbro's greatest asset) but it does have a few things going for it to be decent in UU(Assuming Slowbro drops eventually)
Mega Salamence- Quickbanned to Ubers. Need I say more?
Mega Sharpedo- Speed Boost is arguably Sharpedo's best thing going for him and losing that is an eyesore but his atk stats are amazing and will certainly make a splash(pun intended) in UU/RU.
Mega Camerupt- I have nothing to say here as I have not used it extensively. Will edit later
Mega Metagross- This guy has everything he needs to be a threat in OU again with his new ability boosting it's offense to amazingly high levels and being used both offensively and defensively is really nice.
Mega Altaria- This thing has an amazing typing and has an amazing ability. If Mega Gardevoir has shown anything it's that Pixilate is godly and it could skyrocket all the way to OU from PU.
Mega Gallade- Honestly doesn't look much better than standard Gallade. Will edit this when we know stat buffs/nerfs
Mega Audino- This thing will be a bitch to beat. Likely UU/OU
Mega Latis- Basically bulkier versions but the Lati twins so not much needs to be said.
Mega Steelix- Annoying as hell to beat in Sand with that amazing def and ability. Not to mention a nice atk stat. UU
Mega Diancie- This thing will be amazing due to decent typing(malled by Steels tho),nice attacking buffs and it's ability. Possibly UU/OU
Mega Lopunny- Nice typing and spammable HJK will be great. Possibly UU
Mega Glalie- Don't know much about this guy. Will edit later.

M-Swampert will definitely be a top-tier threat. Great bulk, only 1 weakness, immunity to Thunder Wave, and no weaknesses to common priority moves. It doesn't even have to be on a rain team. It could run a set of Rain Dance / Waterfall / Earthquake / coverage and be a phenomenal late game cleaner on offense or bulky offense.

Like others have said, Mega Salamence will probably get the boot. Pinsir is already scary enough. While it doesn't have priority, Salamence has access to Dragon Dance and Fire coverage that allows it to break past Skarmory, something that Pinsir could only dream of doing. It also has Intimidate and improved physical defense after Mega-Evolving, making setting up much easier.

Anyways, M-Altaria is what I'm most interested in as it's my favorite out of the bunch. Its got an incredible defensive typing that gives it 8 resistances, all of which are very common offensive types. We don't know its stat distribution yet but it will probably be quite versatile in the roles it can fulfill. It will likely have decent bulk and a great movepool with support and offensive options. It can run physical or special offense, or be an entirely supportive set.

A set I'm interested in trying is:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Careful | Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 S.Def / 16 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Facade
- Roost

Kind of gimmicky but it could work. Cotton Guard to boost your defenses to sky-high levels. Want to status Altaria while it sets up? Then you'll have to deal with a 140 base power Facade, which is further boosted by STAB and Pixilate. Again, gimmicky but it distinguishes the fluffy cloud from other Dragon Dancers.

Assuming there's no move compatibility issues, a good support set could be:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Bold | Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Speed
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song / Haze

If its bulk isn't touched at all, it takes 50.1% max from Timid Charizard Y's Fire Blast and 55.8% max from +1 Adamant Charizard X's Flare Blitz.

And some more offensive sets:

Tank:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Pixilate
- Hyper Voice / Return / Facade
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

This would play similarly to Mega Venusaur, being an offensive tank with solid resistances. The EV spread and nature depends on the moves chosen but the nature would be a -speed, +offensive nature.

Offensive DD:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Adamant | Pixilate

- Dragon Dance
- Return / Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Generic Dragon Dancer yay

Last edited:
What I'm kinda curious about is what this will mean for things that we already banned. Would these new megas and possibly move tutors shake up the metagame enough for something like Aegislash to come back or some other uber?
i've always wanted Aegislash to come back, but sadly it won't until Gen 7
OR/AS is basically 6th Gen OU 1.5

unless they choose to Test him in OU again but I doubt that

M-Swampert will definitely be a top-tier threat. Great bulk, only 1 weakness, immunity to Thunder Wave, and no weaknesses to common priority moves. It doesn't even have to be on a rain team. It could run a set of Rain Dance / Waterfall / Earthquake / coverage and be a phenomenal late game cleaner on offen

Like others have said, Mega Salamence will probably get the boot. Pinsir is already scary enough. While it doesn't have priority, Salamence has access to Dragon Dance and Fire coverage that allows it to break past Skarmory, something that Pinsir could only dream of doing. It also has Intimidate and improved physical defense after Mega-Evolving, making setting up much easier.

Anyways, M-Altaria is what I'm most interested in as it's my favorite out of the bunch. Its got an incredible defensive typing that gives it 8 resistances, all of which are very common offensive types. We don't know its stat distribution yet but it will probably be quite versatile in the roles it can fulfill. It will likely have decent bulk and a great movepool with support and offensive options. It can run physical or special offense, or be an entirely supportive set.

A set I'm interested in trying is:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Impish | Pixilate
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Facade
- Roost

Kind of gimmicky but it could work. Cotton Guard to boost your defenses to sky-high levels. Want to status Altaria while it sets up? Then you'll have to deal with a 140 base power Facade, which is further boosted by STAB and Pixilate. Again, gimmicky but it distinguishes the fluffy cloud from other Dragon Dancers.

Assuming there's no move compatibility issues, a good support set could be:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Bold | Pixilate
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song / Haze

If its bulk isn't touched at all, it takes 50.1% max from Timid Charizard Y's Fire Blast and 55.8% max from +1 Adamant Charizard X's Flare Blitz.

And some more offensive sets:

Tank:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Pixilate
- Hyper Voice / Return / Facade
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

This would play similarly to Mega Venusaur, being an offensive tank with solid resistances. The EV spread and nature depends on the moves chosen but the nature would be a -speed, +offensive nature.

Offensive DD:
Altaria @ Mega Stone
Adamant | Pixilate

- Dragon Dance
- Return / Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Generic Dragon Dancer yay
giving Alteria Facade is like giving Mega Pinsir Facade, very situational
but I'm sure Alteria will have lots of Defensive sets to abuse

I think that Salamence can run a big wallbraker in the next Metagame, with Aerilate he don't need of Dragon Moves like as Outrage or Draco meteor, just because he can learn:

Return and Hyper voice...

So i predict Two Variants:

Wallbraker:

Salamence:@Salamencite (or Salam alaikum LEL)
Nature: Naive
Ability: Aerilate
Evs spread: After statistics revealed
-Return/Double edge
-Earthquake/Fire Blast
-Hyper voice
-Roost/Fire blast

Sweeper

Salamence:@Salamencite
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Aerilate
Evs spread:
252 Atk / 252 Spe
or like bulky Charizard X why not? The ability and the boost (sure) in atk allow him to invest less evs in atk of Charizard to be strongest then him
-Return/Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost/Fire blast(Only 4 Skarmory)

This pokemon imo have to go more fast to uber that is a really bitch XD

So if i have to speak of Glalie, omg that sucks...
I'm not going to talk a little fast pokemon, without priority, with a single stab stupid, and with one thing fascinating EXPLOSION

Swampert..... TO UBER plz... no weak to priority, can learn moves to kill all mons of Metagame
Strong, fastest, bulky immune to paralisis.... T-T Uber plz

Sceptile.... very good strongest sweeper to break the HO and another immune to paralysis
in these moments I would do an analysis aka QC because there is too much to say about him

Slowbro... very similar to the version regenerator with classic set slack off .... but in this case a nice set crocune one might venture, or even offensive calm mind

Metagross <3 probably he have to go to uber, i see 4 him a set very similar to Dpp

i've speaked only of mons that interesting me 4 the OU mg, i see also altaria in ORAS OU but don't like me LEL....
I hope I have written interesting things ù_ù
In any case I think that for many mons there will be MAAAAAAAAAANY NEW MOVES

Nobody sees any potential in M-Gallade... *cries in a corner*

Seriously, everyone saw Inner Focus and turned their back to him, saying simply that it'll be outclassed by M-Medi. Not true. While it's possible to mess up Gallade's MEvo stat distributions, I would think it very hard - if they end up dumping it all in Attack and Speed, it'll be a faster M-Medi that still hits stupidly hard; and if they end up dumping some in defenses, it takes the role of a bulky attacker/tank rather than a wallbreaker (though it could probably pull that off as well). A B.R.O. set could be viable as well, giving Inner focus an actual reason to be there, so lucky flinches don't destroy you. It should also be noted that Mega-Gallade will be the hardest Jirachi counter in existence, with good bulk, STAB Close Combat/Drain Punch, and immunity to flinches.

I'm not good enough to theorymon sets yet, so there's none. But hopefully I posted some food for thought, at worst.

giving Alteria Facade is like giving Mega Pinsir Facade, very situational
but I'm sure Alteria will have lots of Defensive sets to abuse
True but it's not it's *that* situational on Altaria. With it's resistances to Fire and Water, you'll probably be switching it into Scalds and Will-O-Wisps often. The same can't really be said for Pinsir.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright!!

So many Megas to choose from! But there are a few that i've been hyping the literal hell out of.

Im not tryna guess what their stones are called mkay?

Lets start off with the pink and dank

Slowbro @ Slowbro Mega Stone
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Say hello to MegaCroBro! With the lovely boost to his stats and Shell Armor, Crits arent breaking this wall. Obvious this set's one and only job is to do what Cro sets do best. Acquire boosts and spam the loving shit out of Scald for burns. Obviously you wanna get rid of any Water nullifying pokes before you start setting up.

Next up we got drab to fab

Salamence @ Salamence Mega Stone
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Fire Blast / Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Now MixMence will be making a resurgence as it can breaks through enemy teams with ease. Basically come in on something that cant hurt you. Set up with arrogance. Then rampage through your enemies! If you're using EQ just switch to Adamant for more POWER. This monster will prolly be banned and dance with it's long time lover Rayquaza like they did all those years ago.

MOVING ON TO THE STEELIY TANK

Metagross @ Metagross Mega Stone
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch / Agility / Hone Claws

Say Goodnight! No literally an all out attacking set like this spells the end late game. Agility + Adamant Nature makes you lose out on priority but you now get some blazing speed to aid your smashfest. Lastly you can do Webs + Hone Claws if you fancy using Web's speed drop.

Lastly, we have a lil somethin somethin spicy. Can you handle it?

Camerupt @ Camerupt Mega Stone
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Who needs Speed when you command the fires of hell and the fury of the land? Not him, that's who. Trick Room teams will appreciate this monster spamming the hell out of Eruption. It doesnt get SF boosted however... also it's imperative to keep yourself healthy so you can utilise it at full power. Otherwise im sure SF Boosted Fire Blast will hurt MUCH more. Earth Power also gets SF boosted. Amazing. Only thing left is a bit of coverage in HP Grass. Also not SF boosted. Boo. Well Camerupt also has Flash Cannon but i wouldnt recommend using that.

There's a lot of cool new Megas.

Salamence: Mega Salamence looks really cool. Probably gonna get banned, but hopefully I can have some fun using it before that happens ;). Just an interesting point. Salamence gets Hyper Voice, so it could potentially use that on a mixed set.

Sceptile: I like Sceptile, glad it got a Mega Evo. One problem I think it has is it's 4x weak to Ice, and a lot of electric types carry HP Ice, so I think Rotom-W is probably the only Volt Switch user it'll be able to switch into without the risk of being KO'd. Immunity to Thunder Wave it nice though. Wouldn't want to ruin that beautiful speed stat with nasty status. I love that this is another mon that out speeds Greninja.

Swampert: Mega Swampert looks like a very nice mon for Rain teams. It can 2HKO Offensive Mega Venusaur sets with Earthquake after rocks. The best part is it doesn't have to rely on the unreliable Stone Edge to do that like Kabutops does. Not to mention it gets Superpower to smack Ferrothorn with. I really hope this thing gets a way to boost it's attack that's better than PuP. If it got Swords Dance, or even just Bulk Up... It's much bulkier than Kabutops so setting up wouldn't be that hard.

Mega Beedrill

Mega Beedrill has a very neat design! It's a bit pointy at some spots, but eh, I like it regardless. Adaptability is neat, I'm really hoping that it will learn Attack Order; it is a bee after all. Competitively, I honestly do not see much use for it. Using it over another mega isn't really a thing I would do, personally. Perhaps it can be our first NU mega? Or if it's really bad, our first PU mega :o. Or maybe it will bump to RU because hype. Then again, people though Mega Gengar might be good, so we'll see; although it doesn't like like Mega Beedrill will be too strong anytime soon. In terms of a moveset, U-turn / Poison Jab / Knock Off/ Drill Run doesn't sound too terribly bad, nothing resists this combination. The main problem that truly stands out for this one is that it's not exactly powerful by any means and stuff like Landorus-Therian stands in its way and its horrible bulk. This is all on top of the fact its boosts can only go so far, and Stealth Rock u_u. Might be great, probably not, but I'll definitely use it when I can :].

I'm working on doing this thingy for all because why not? Here's a thing for others:
Code:
[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/015.gif[/IMG]
[B]Mega Beedrill

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/018.gif[/IMG]
Mega Pidgeot

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/080.gif[/IMG]
Mega Slowbro

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/208.gif[/IMG]
Mega Steelix[/B]

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/254.gif[/IMG]
[B]Mega Sceptile

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/260.gif[/IMG]
Mega Swampert

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/302.gif[/IMG]
Mega Sableye

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/319.gif[/IMG]
Mega Sharpedo

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/323.gif[/IMG]
Mega Camperupt

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/334.gif[/IMG]
Mega Altaria

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/362.gif[/IMG]
Mega Glalie

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/373.gif[/IMG]
Mega Salamence

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/376.gif[/IMG]
Mega Metagross

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/384.gif[/IMG]
Mega Rayquaza

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/428.gif[/IMG]
Mega Lopunny

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/475.gif[/IMG]
Mega Gallade[/B]

[IMG]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140302002146/pokemon/images/c/c9/Diancie_XY.gif[/IMG]
[B]Mega Diancie
[/B]

Seriously, everyone saw Inner Focus and turned their back to him, saying simply that it'll be outclassed by M-Medi. Not true. While it's possible to mess up Gallade's MEvo stat distributions, I would think it very hard - if they end up dumping it all in Attack and Speed, it'll be a faster M-Medi that still hits stupidly hard; and if they end up dumping some in defenses, it takes the role of a bulky attacker/tank rather than a wallbreaker (though it could probably pull that off as well). A B.R.O. set could be viable as well, giving Inner focus an actual reason to be there, so lucky flinches don't destroy you. It should also be noted that Mega-Gallade will be the hardest Jirachi counter in existence, with good bulk, STAB Close Combat/Drain Punch, and immunity to flinches.

I'm not good enough to theorymon sets yet, so there's none. But hopefully I posted some food for thought, at worst.

I forgot Gallade !!! Kill me please .... 1 because i love gallade 2 because he've a biiiig potential in the mg... Medicham is most strong then him but the statistic that i predict 4 gallade are this

68/165/65/85/135/100

this for synergy and reversal of spatk and atk respectively of Gardevoir and Gallade

2 options ever

1 Sword dance

Gallade:@Galladite (?)
Ability:Inner focus
Nature: Jolly
4hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Sword Dance
-Close combat <3
-Psycho cut/Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch
-Ice Punch/Thunder punch/Shadow Sneak/Knock off LOL

2 Drain Punch

Gallade:@Galladite (?)
Ability:Inner focus
Nature: Jolly
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Bulk Up/Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice punch/Thunder punch (respectively 4 Landorus/Gliscor/Dragons and Slowbro/Skarmory)

Alright, I'm just about done adding the sets for Sceptile, Swampert, Latias, Latios, Glalie, and Steelix, so if you have suggestions for any other mega pokemon to be added, comment there or PM me!

I see potential in Mega Gallade! Inner Focus isn't a great ability, but it is immune to Fake Out, at least. It also gets Knock Off and STAB Drain Punch.

They still haven't given us mega flygon smh.
I know holy shit this is going to be an outrage if it doesn't happen and all other hoenn dragons have one...

That aside, I'm generally only interested in defensive mons and largely throughout revealing new megas, it's been the same here (aka I'm really only interested in altaria/latias (and a select few others) given Bro's base form is better for defense and Audino lost regen as well). Essentially, having already play tested Latias on showdown's custom games, I've come to realize that is is a beast of bulk. It suffers a ton from four move slot syndrome but it just tanks hits... Unfortunately, the typing does restrict it in what it goes after but keldeo is crying... keldeo has literally 0 chance to ever break it.

Altaria has yet to be seen base stat wise but the same general "Sylveon Set" comes to mind (Hyper Voice, heal bell, recovery)... However, Altaria does get an extra attack which really opens it up. I'm kinda hoping it's geared towards being a balanced mon (aka having pretty even defenses and special attack) because I can't imagine altaria being good as an all out attacker. Having Pixilate basically assures it will be at least decent with attacking, so the bulk is what's in question. Luckily, it has a fantastic typing, recovery and heal bell making it a shoe-in as a stall staple this coming generation. Possible pairing being AV Slowbro who pairs well with all fairies but no longer has to catch ZardX now and can focus on absorbing all attacks, not just physical ones. Also, Volcanion could be nice to catch bisharp and Scizor given that steel spam is going to get more prevalent as we add more fairies. Nice to note Altaria will destroy perhaps the best stall breaker in the game, sableye-mega.

Steelix is out now and holy shit it has some bulk... I think the estimate I saw on reddit from the demo was 75/230/95 bulk, outbulking MEGA AGGRON. Although filter will make Aggron a little bulkier in crucial moments... Steelix does lose the fire weakness though. Couple with TTar who shares a completely unique typing or Hippowdon and you instantly have one of the bulkiest attackers in the tier.... typing is questionable with that ugly ground secondary but I guess the electric immunity isn't all bad...

Lastly, special note to Swampert for having nuts bulk and even better attack/speed... if this thing isn't suspected sometime in ORAS, it's going to be an absolute monster on any team balance or higher, coming from the stats I saw earlier (I think it had 150 attack with 70 speed? Swift swim menace). Well, even semi-stall can appreciate this one and given that bulk, passing wishes probably won't be too hard.

The only thing I'm disappointed about so far is the lack of hazard clearers in our mega set. That changes if flygon gets a mega though.

Edit: I forgot Latis haven't been released yet when I said I was disappointed about hazard clearers... From what I can tell, they don't play different anyways. And Mence is wasting potential if it runs defog.

Here are my thoughts on the relevant mega evolutions that have had their stats revealed.

Mega Swampert: Looks to be an extremely threatening rain sweeper w/ amazing coverage, power, bulk, typing, and Speed. It has a wide variety of coverage too, with moves such as superpower for ferrothorn, Ice Punch for Celebi, and Stone Edge for Gyarados. I feel that Mega swampert will form an amazing rain core with kabutops, weakening its checks and counters to allow kabutops to sweep later in the match. Its a real shame that it doesn't have reliable recovery, otherwise it could been an amazing defensive wall outside of Rain.

Mega Sceptile: WIP

Mega Latios / Latias: These two Pokemon are looking to be amazing in my opinion. Better Bulk, lack of LO recoil, and less damage taken from Knock Off makes these two even more reliable checks to Pokemon such as Charizard Y, Keldeo,, Landorus-I, Thundurus-I, etc. Mega Latios could possibly run a Dragon dance set thanks to its increased attack (although such a set would be outclassed by Charizard X on Paper), while Mega Latias's ridiculous bulk and excellent typing could make it a potent choice on stall teams, as it counters important Pokemon such as Keldeo, Landorus, and Zard Y. Overall these two mons seem to be welcome improvement over two already amazing Pokemon.

Mega Gallade could function as a hybrid of Mega Medicham and Mega Heracross. It's quite possible that MGallade is going to get 100 speed or more, typing or giving it an edge over the other wallbreakers. I could see a set of Close Combat/Knock Off/Psycho Cut/Swords Dance becoming popular, giving it shades of SD Mega Hera. It's special defense is already good and probably going to increase, allowing it to not be revenge killed by every special threat in the tier.

How could I have forgotten Mega Slowbro D:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock / Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Trick Room / Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

So basically, set up late game and sweep stuff. CM Mega Slowbro looks like it could be really dope because now it's immune to trick and crit hax. Scald is there ofc because of the cool burn chance, Psyshock can be interchangeable depending on your team's needs. Walled by Ferro or Skarm? Fire Blast away. Dragons too much? There's Ice Beam for you. Want to troll HO teams? Use Trick Room after a boost or two or spam Thunder Wave. And there's also Slack Off in the last slot to stall out opposing threats if you want.

Definitely going to be a very consistent CM user in this meta if not the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)