Gen 6 Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Mega Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kyogre: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Type: Water

Groudon:: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Type: Ground/Fire

Rayquaza: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Type: Dragon/Flying

THEIR MOVES

Kyogre: Origin Pulse - Water Special, 85%, 110 BP, 10 PP

Groudon: Precipice Blades - Ground Physical, 85%, 120 BP, 10 PP

Rayquaza: Dragon Ascent - Flying Physical, 100%, 120 BP, 5 PP (effect code present)

??? (probably Hoopa lol): Hyperspace Fury - Dark Special, 101%, 100 BP, 5 PP (Always hits, effect code present)

Swampert: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Type: Water/Ground

Sceptile 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon

Sableye: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Type: Dark/Ghost

Altaria: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Type: Dragon/Fairy

Gallade: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Type: Psychic/Fighting

Audino: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Type: Normal/Fairy

Sharpedo: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Type: Water/Dark

Steelix: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Type: Steel/Ground

Pigeot: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Type: Normal/Flying

Glalie-M 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice

Diancie: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Type: Rock/Fairy

Metagross: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Type: Steel/Psychic

Hoopa: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark (btw it still has magician, poor bastard)

Camerupt: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Type: Fire/Ground

Lopunny: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Type: Normal/Fighting

Salamence: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Type: Dragon/Flying

Beedrill: 65/150/40/15/80/145

Slowbro-M Stats: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Type: Water/Psychic Ability: Shell Armor

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HERE THEY ARE! The abilities have already been revealed in other places for all of these except Mega Hoopa, I'll add them to the list in a bit.

I'll add more later, but i'm extremely excited for Mega Groudon! Its an excellent check to both Kyogre and Xerneas, provides Stealth Rock support, and can now run Lava Plume to cripple switch-ins such as Giratina-O. Definitely seems like an amazing Pokemon.
BTW where did you get the stats from?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that it is worth mentioning something Jibaku pointed out in the ORAS mk2 thread: Primal Reversion happens the instant Kyogre or Groudon hit the field.
I dont think this was posted but

Footage of Primal Groudon (and Kyogre) in a Link Battle.

It seems like, based on the timers and the lack of Drought activation, Primal Reversion is automatic (like I predicted a little while back).

Since Primal Groudon transforms before move selection, it won't have to go through turn order > speed stat on the turn it transforms. From there it seems like Groudon didnt get any faster, due to it being slower than Kingdra.

Also Groudon straight up oneshots both Starmie and Kingdra with Precipice Blades in a Double Battle...

please dont be a hyper beam clone
This means you can't use Drought or Drizzle at all during the battle which makes ORAS look like a weather-less metagame when combined with the fact that switching primal ogre or don out makes their weather go away instantly.

Groudon is also a sure fire switch in to Kyogre because of this, and with those amazing Attacking stats, stupid good Typing + Ability (1 weakness + Xerneas check)+ Defense (for ground weakness), a potentially devastating STAB etc, this thing is going to turn ubers inside out.

Theorymon, do we know what the base power / effects of Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse are yet? If so, then those would be cool things to add to the OP.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Dragon Ascent is supposedly the strongest Flying-type attack; so I personally think it will be even more powerful than Sky Attack (currently the strongest Flying-type) :O

Theorymon

I think that it is worth mentioning something Jibaku pointed out in the ORAS mk2 thread: Primal Reversion happens the instant Kyogre or Groudon hit the field.

This means you can't use Drought or Drizzle at all during the battle which makes ORAS look like a weather-less metagame when combined with the fact that switching primal ogre or don out makes their weather go away instantly.

Groudon is also a sure fire switch in to Kyogre because of this, and with those amazing Attacking stats, stupid good Typing + Ability (1 weakness + Xerneas check)+ Defense (for ground weakness), a potentially devastating STAB etc, this thing us going to turn ubers inside out.

Theorymon, do we know what the base power / effects of Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse are yet? If so, then those would be cool things to add to the OP.
I just added their base powers to the OP! Not only did gamefreak lie abouy Dragon Ascents power (its pretty much flying close combat), they also made Kyogre have the weakest move for no reason. poor Kyogre...

Also, I added the abilities!

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Origin Pulse must be weaker because of the special attacks nerf (at least, that is the only reasoning I can think of), even though Psycho Boost wasn't subject to this for whatever reason. Its still a shame it weakest though :(

The three Dragons:
: First of all, even normal ray has a very good Flying STAB now... Am I the only one who finds this rather scary oO? Otherwise, the loss of weaknesses and increased bulk are gonna make setting up a lot easier for mega ray, which is terrifying considering its offensive boosts. Unlike the Primals, it can also choose when it changes forme (I dunno how useful this will be though). The speed will help alot (hi Palkia).

: I am seriously considering building Double Dragon 2.0 teams when this monster is released. Mega Mence + regular Ray with Dragon Ascent sounds like a deal to me. Mence will probably be the wall-breaker due to Aerialate Double Edge and Return doing stupid damage and Mence having the coverage to complement them nicely. It also speed-ties with Arceus making the formes unreliable should they need to come in on an attack. You can bet that any Arceus forme not running max speed won't be coming in very easily. Double Dragon will return!

: The typing, cleric abilities, and ability to hard wall Palkia are probably enough to make this good in Ubers. I will need to run calcs with its SpD but this looks promising just because of the typing and movepool alone. It does need to mega evolve to become viable which could hurt it immensely, though.

EDIT: Where is Slowbro in this :(

Last edited:
I just added their base powers to the OP! Not only did gamefreak lie abouy Dragon Ascents power (its pretty much flying close combat), they also made Kyogre have the weakest move for no reason. poor Kyogre...

Also, I added the abilities!
It's sorta understandable why Kyogre has a weaker move compared to his peers. He's the King of Ubers, so they're trying to nerf him a little. But look on the bright side, he has a better version of Hydro Pump!! ^o^

Hoopa's new form isn't a Mega as it has a change in it's Movepool. That being Hyperspace Fury replacing Hyperspace Hole. On top of that, it only has a +80 BST increase.
So Magician isn't quite useless.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
: I am seriously considering building Double Dragon 2.0 teams when this monster is released. Mega Mence + regular Ray with Dragon Ascent sounds like a deal to me. Mence will probably be the wall-breaker due to Aerialate Double Edge and Return doing stupid damage and Mence having the coverage to complement them nicely. It also speed-ties with Arceus making the formes unreliable should they need to come in on an attack. You can bet that any Arceus forme not running max speed won't be coming in very easily. Double Dragon will return!
I wouldn't even call it Double Dragon bro, that core (which I am excited for) would be more on the lines of "Flying Spam" since neither will be running Dragon moves except MixQuaza (Draco Meteor is the showcase of that set); I mean, just look how inferior Dragon STAB is to Flying STAB this gen. I also think Ray would be the wallbreaker in that duo because it is quite obvious Megamence will have an easier time setting up DD because he has Intimidate pre-evo and a fat defense buff. Normal Ray's SD and Mixed set's just became A LOT more powerful from Dragon Ascent alone, so those two sets will wallbreak quite effectively for Megamence Imo. (btw, does anything wall Megamence atm?)
The typing, cleric abilities, and ability to hard wall Palkia are probably enough to make this good in Ubers. I will need to run calcs with its SpD but this looks promising just because of the typing and movepool alone. It does need to mega evolve to become viable which could hurt it immensely, though.
Inb4icebeampalkia :D

I think Buky DD+Roost Altaria will be cool, oml this Fluffball+Ogre will be hella fun.

Last edited:
You know what I just realized, depending on how primal weather mechanics work, primal groundon is going to be THE a primal kyogre counter, and primal kyogre is going to hard counter primal groundon....

Is there any other time in pokemon history where we had two mons hard counter eachother this hard?

Primal Groundon is the biggest winner here obviously, grabbing an awesome secondary typing while at the same time gaining an ability that completely nullifies water type attacks (a 4X weakness!) is everything he ever wanted. Primal Kyogre doesn't gain a whole lot outside of being able to swap into primal Groundon, but it's friggen Kyogre so it's not like he's going anywhere, and Rayquaza finally gets a flying STAB.

It's a good day to be an RS legendary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)