Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So uh.
How exactly do we know this isn't fake?
shh, no doubt, just hype

I am pretty suspicious though. That tiny boost to attack on Mega Metagross after they said it was getting a big boost is so suspect.

Index: 799 - Swampert-M Stats: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Type: Water/Ground
sweet baby jesus yes
This thing is going to wreck so hard in Rain my lord

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Maybe, but at the same time there seems to be a lot of alarm bells ringing with this data to me.
First off, the fact that this shows only every released Mega so far as well as Hoopa; I'm not having an easy time believing that they revealed every single new Mega before release.
Second off, the Mega Beedrill stat spread seems far too ideal, contrasting greatly with what GF does with Mega Evolution.
Third, Rayquaza's Mega is shown here to boost all it's stats, when Game Freak has already officially stated that almost all it's stats would be boosted.
It's real, and I'm not going to entertain your conspiracy theories. It's possible that not all data is in the demo. End of discussion.

Kaphotics has data mined every game for us.

Does anyone else find it weird that Precipice Blades has 10 more power than Origin Pulse? I thought they generally tried to balance the moves of the counterparts, and Origin Pulse doesn't have any other kind of effect to balance it out. (I guess there was RoT/Spacial Rend, but they had drastically different effects that warranted the power difference.) To tell the truth, Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse kind of disappoint me – after Geomancy and Oblivion Wing, I thought that GF was moving toward more creative legendary signatures than 'high power, low accuracy.'

Third, Rayquaza's Mega is shown here to boost all it's stats, when Game Freak has already officially stated that almost all it's stats would be boosted.
They were probably referring to HP.

It's real, and I'm not going to entertain your conspiracy theories. It's possible that not all data is in the demo. End of discussion.

Kaphotics has data mined every game for us.
... alright then.
Seems really arrogant but uh.
Okay then.

Does anyone else find it weird that Precipice Blades has 10 more power than Origin Pulse? I thought they generally tried to balance the moves of the counterparts, and Origin Pulse doesn't have any other kind of effect to balance it out. (I guess there was RoT/Spacial Rend, but they had drastically different effects that warranted the power difference).

They were probably referring to HP.
Then why did they say all of Mega Sharpedo's stats would be boosted instead of almost all?

I don't think Mega Hoopa is that bad, more like a double-edged sword. It can hit hard however it wants and, while it has no resistances, its 4x weakness is not as ubiquitous as Dark. Still meh.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm super surprised that nearly all of these new Megas seem OU viable and likely to be tiered at OU/UU. I shouldn't be so surprised considering that is the case for the original Megas (only M-Banette and M-Abomasnow are RU last I checked), but goodness I never thought I'd say Pigeot and Beedrill seem usable/viable in OU.

hoopa only gets +80 stats..maybe a forme? although a mega would be better for knock off
The fact that it only gets +80 and Magician seems to imply to me that Mega Hoopa is unfinished in its current state, considering the game may not be 100% finalized right now. I don't doubt its legitimacy of course, but maybe there will be changes before the full game comes out.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pidgeot finally got a form of redemption, a Mega Evolution should definitely be useful and pull it out of the bottom of PU. These were much needed Megas for almost all of them to redeem a lot of these mons imo.

On another note, did they really modify the catch rate values of the weather trio? Because assuming Kaphotics's data is correct, Rayquaza now seems to have a catch rate equivalent to that of the average three stage fully evolved Pokemon. Kyogre and Groudon also have typically had a catch rate of 5 afaik, so lowering it seems kind of weird imo.

People said the same exact thing about M-Latios/M-Latias, and now both of them have been revealed to be available in ORAS without any changes, don't think there are going to be any changes to M-Hoopa.
Design wise? No, but the fact that it only gets a +80 boost and a useless ability seems weird to me.

My brain is about to explode. With those stats leaking, I'm absolutely in love with M-Beedrill, M-Pidgeot, M-Metagross, M-Lopunny, M-Sceptile, M-Swampert, M-Gallade, M-Sharpedo, and M-Sableye! I want to use them all at once!

kyogre got a huge buff to its physical attack while groudon got a huge buff to its special attack.

kyogre has base 150 attack while groudon has base 150 spattk. they could easily run mixed and destroy any dedicated physical or special walls that switch in with a coverage move. the only pokemon that i could really see walling these 2 if they were to run mixed would be giratina-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)