Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I want to try a Scramble for Pokemon Y. I can trade. I would like a medium/hard challenge. Please no excessive grinding as challenges, and nothing crazy impossible. I would like a starter, but if I don't get one, I need at least one pokemon I can catch before I get to Santalune City (or I suppose Route 22).

My Team so far:
1. Lord Derp the Azurill: Lord Derp is a king, and so feels like Pokemon below his level are below him, and so refuses to battle any Pokemon beneath his/her level. However, Lord Derp is derby, and so must solo Wikstrom's Probopass and any Spinda or Farfech'd you encounter. Also, this causes him/her to not be allowed to use STAB moves. This is hard enough as it is, so that's all. Gl,hf!
2. Goku the Ampaharos: Goku is a simple, happy creature who must have a Special Attack boosting nature. He may only use Special attacks, and cannot use Physical or Status type effects. He can never use a move twice in a row, and must use a STAB every odd move in battle (Ex.: Thunderbolt->Focus Blast->Thunderbolt->Signal Beam-> Dragon Pulse->etc). Ignore these stipulations if you do not have sufficient Special moves to use, but try to follow them ASAP. Goku also cares deeply for his friends, and if they're hurt he releases amazing power. So, he can only Mega Evolve when everyone else in your party is dead (Must have at least 3 other pokemon in your team, or he still will be restricted from Megaing). He must solo Clemont in Mega form to be able to learn Dragon Pulse and must solo Drasna in mega form.

Soloes:
Wikstrom's Probopass: Lord Derp
Spinda and Farfetch'd: Lord Derp
Clemont: Goku
Drasna: Goku
topher4167 take Harvest Moon the Trevenant.
Harvest Moon must have the ability harvest, and always needs to hold a berry.
Also, Harvest moon can't battle under the sun, so he can't battle when it is outside during daytime, and must always switch out when the weather is changed to intense sunlight.
Finally, Harvest Moon must solo Ramos.
Gl and hf!

topher4167 take Harvest Moon the Trevenant.
Harvest Moon must have the ability harvest, and always needs to hold a berry.
Also, Harvest moon can't battle under the sun, so he can't battle when it is outside during daytime, and must always switch out when the weather is changed to intense sunlight.
Finally, Harvest Moon must solo Ramos.
Gl and hf!
That is accepted, and obviously I'll have to trade in a Phantump, but do you have a preference for when? Because otherwise I'll probably just breed one (I promise I'll just use the first one and won't do egg moves or anything) and use it right from the beginning.

Last edited:
That is accepted, and obviously I'll have to trade in a Phantump, but do you have a preference for when? Because otherwise I'll probably just breed one (I promise I'll just use the first one and won't do egg moves or anything) and use it right from the beginning.
Well you can get it anytime you want, but it need to be before Ramos battle for his solo.

Hey I would like to try a challenge of Pokemon Platinum! I can't trade. Looking for obscene difficulty, the only limitation is that it is completable. I don't want to use a starter so instead will need either starly or bidoof from the first grass patch. Only want solos against bosses pokemon. Pokemon names have to be really lame.

Extra rule from Codraroll: Never press the B button so quit menus by clicking the exit button every time and no running shows etc.

Take Whatever the Starly.
In order to evolve the first time, it must solo Roark. To evolve a second time, it must solo Byron.

Take Apprentot the Kricketot.
Apprentot wants to become a master musician, so he must pratice by doing performances. However, apprentot only likes to perform to fire type pokemon, as they are very energetic. So, in order to apprentot evolve, you need to make a performance to 15 non-wild fire type pokemon (doing a performance is using all his moves against the opponent).
Once evolved, rename him to Musictune.
Now that musictune is a master musician, he knows so much about sounds, so he can only use sound-based moves. But musictune still wants to perform to the greatest fire type leader as a final challenge, so he must do a performance to all of Flinch's pokemon (And also solo it).
Gl and Hf!

Take MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) the Wurmple.

With two different evolutions based on its personality value, Wurmple is naturally bipolar. It may only use the first two moves, both of which must be attacking moves, no exceptions. Each time you move, flip a coin and if the coin lands heads, use the first of the two moves, and if it lands tails, use the second. Solo Gardenia to evolve.

If you evolve into Silcoon:
Rename it Heads. Heads must solo every Flying-type not being soloed by another of your Pokemon, including your own Starly/Staravia should they be sent out together in a Double battle. Again only use the first two moves, but this time flip an unfair coin (IE: RNG out of 4). The coin has a 3/4 chance to land heads and a 1/4 chance to land tails. (If you are RNGing 1-3=move 1, 4=move 2). To evolve into Beautifly, solo four Drifloon, three of which must be trainer-owned (one in Valley Windworks and three in Hearthome Gym).

Upon evolving into Beautifly, it realizes that attacking moves aren't all there is to battling, but since its attacking stats are much higher than its defensive stats, have its first move be an attacking move and its second move be a non-attacking one, while continuing to use the unfair coin. As the more popular of the two Wurmple evolutions, there are naturally many expectations for it, and so it must solo every Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-type, and Electric-type you meet not already being soloed by another of your Pokemon, while continuing to do the Flying-type solo from its time as a Silcoon. Furthermore, it must solo Volkner.

If you evolve into Cascoon:
Rename it Tails. Tails must solo every Flying-type not being soloed by another of your Pokemon, including your own Starly/Staravia should they be sent out together in a Double battle. Again only use the first two moves, but this time flip an unfair coin (IE: RNG out of 4). The coin has a 1/4 chance to land heads and a 3/4 chance to land tails. (If you are RNGing 1-3=move 1, 4=move 2). To evolve into Dustox, solo four Drifloon, three of which must be trainer-owned (one in Valley Windworks and three in Hearthome Gym).

Upon evolving into Dustox, it realizes that attacking moves aren't all there is to battling, and since its defensive stats are much higher than its attacking stats, have its first move be an attacking move and its second move be a non-attacking one, while continuing to use the unfair coin. Dustox is mad, however, because it is the unpopular one of the Wurmple evolutions and is often seen as villainous. It utterly despises this distinction and seeks to take its revenge on the world, doing so by soloing every Rock-type, Psychic-type, and Fire-type you meet not already being soloed by another of your Pokemon, while continuing to do the Flying-type solo from its time as a Cascoon. Furthermore, have it solo Lucian.

Catch an Unown to your choice. Name it after the letter it is based upon.

~ Unown must always switch in on Pokemon that have its letter in their name.
~ Teammates may only use moves which include Unown's letter in grass or while using VS seeker (basically grinding). Unown itself may use Hidden Power freely.
~ Unown may never leave the party.
~ If Unown dies. You must backtrack and catch a new Unown. This one may not be of the same letter. Same rules apply.
~ Unown must be caught as soon as you reach Salaceon town.
~ If you manage to let all 28 Unown die. You lose.

I would do something with solo's or with it's move specifically. But this is enough torture.
Good luck. Blame Hulavuta

Take nerd the Bidoof.
Nerd likes to read instead of fighting. Every time he faints or is switched out while in red health, you must immediately find a book whose title or author begins with the same letter as the name of the Pokemon who fainted him (or was about to faint him), then read one chapter of that book. And if you don't have any books in your house or none whose title or author begins with the same letter, then instead you must read the Wikipedia article for "Book" from top to bottom. Also, he can only use moves with 50 or less BP or special moves.

Take Sphinx the Shinx.

Born into royalty, this Shinx is overconfident about it's abilities. So overconfident that it doesn't believe in using any non-attacking moves, and that it must solo all ground types not already being solo'd and Bertha.

In order to evolve it into a Luxio, you need to go to Fuego Ironworks and solo every worker there. When it evolves, you must rename it Deluxio.

In order to evolve it into a Luxray, it must go to the top of Mt. Coronet (right before Spear Pillar at floor 7), and have it solo 5 Gravelers without fainting. If it does faint, the counter is reset and you must solo 5 more Gravelers. When it evolves into the Luxray, rename it Deluxray.

Last edited:
Hey I would like to try a challenge of Pokemon Platinum! I can't trade. Looking for obscene difficulty, the only limitation is that it is completable. I don't want to use a starter so instead will need either starly or bidoof from the first grass patch. Only want solos against bosses pokemon. Pokemon names have to be really lame.
Alright, if you want it obscene, I guess....

Take Whatever the Starly. In order to evolve the first time, it must solo Roark. To evolve a second time, it must solo Byron.

madbadger take Apprentot the Kricketot
Apprentot wants to become a master musician, so he must pratice by doing performances. However, apprentot only likes to perform to fire type pokemon, as they are very energetic. So, in order to apprentot evolve, you need to make a performance to 15 non-wild fire type pokemon (doing a performance is using all his moves against the opponent).
Now that musictune is a master musician, he knows so much about sounds, so he can only use sound-based moves. But musictune still wants to perform to the greatest fire type leader as a final challenge, so he must do a performance to all of Flint's pokemon (And also solo it).
Gl and Hf!

Last edited:
OBSCENE EHH???

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE TO YOURSELF

With two different evolutions based on its personality value, Wurmple is naturally bipolar. It may only use the first two moves, both of which must be attacking moves, no exceptions. Each time you move, flip a coin and if the coin lands heads, use the first of the two moves, and if it lands tails, use the second. Solo Gardenia to evolve.

Rename it Heads. Heads must solo every Flying-type not being soloed by another of your Pokemon, including your own Starly/Staravia should they be sent out together in a Double battle. Again only use the first two moves, but this time flip an unfair coin (IE: RNG out of 4). The coin has a 3/4 chance to land heads and a 1/4 chance to land tails. (If you are RNGing 1-3=move 1, 4=move 2). To evolve into Beautifly, solo four Drifloon, three of which must be trainer-owned (one in Valley Windworks and three in Hearthome Gym).

Upon evolving into Beautifly, it realizes that attacking moves aren't all there is to battling, but since its attacking stats are much higher than its defensive stats, have its first move be an attacking move and its second move be a non-attacking one, while continuing to use the unfair coin. As the more popular of the two Wurmple evolutions, there are naturally many expectations for it, and so it must solo every Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-type, and Electric-type you meet not already being soloed by another of your Pokemon, while continuing to do the Flying-type solo from its time as a Silcoon. Furthermore, it must solo Flint.

Rename it Tails. Tails must solo every Flying-type not being soloed by another of your Pokemon, including your own Starly/Staravia should they be sent out together in a Double battle. Again only use the first two moves, but this time flip an unfair coin (IE: RNG out of 4). The coin has a 1/4 chance to land heads and a 3/4 chance to land tails. (If you are RNGing 1-3=move 1, 4=move 2). To evolve into Dustox, solo four Drifloon, three of which must be trainer-owned (one in Valley Windworks and three in Hearthome Gym).

Upon evolving into Dustox, it realizes that attacking moves aren't all there is to battling, and since its defensive stats are much higher than its attacking stats, have its first move be an attacking move and its second move be a non-attacking one, while continuing to use the unfair coin. Dustox is mad, however, because it is the unpopular one of the Wurmple evolutions and is often seen as villainous. It utterly despises this distinction and seeks to take its revenge on the world, doing so by soloing every Rock-type, Psychic-type, and Fire-type you meet not already being soloed by another of your Pokemon, while continuing to do the Flying-type solo from its time as a Cascoon. Furthermore, have it solo Lucian.

Alright, if you want it obscene, I guess....

Take Whatever the Starly. In order to evolve the first time, it must solo Roark. To evolve a second time, it must solo Byron.
Accepted. Let the Grinding commence...

madbadger take Apprentot the Kricketot
Now that musictune is a master musician, he knows so much about sounds, so he can only use sound-based moves. But musictune still wants to perform to the greatest fire type leader as a final challenge, so he must do a performance to all of Flinch's pokemon (And also solo it).
Gl and Hf!
Accepted. Do you mean solo Flint?

OBSCENE EHH???

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE TO YOURSELF

Upon evolving into Beautifly, it realizes that attacking moves aren't all there is to battling, but since its attacking stats are much higher than its defensive stats, have its first move be an attacking move and its second move be a non-attacking one, while continuing to use the unfair coin. As the more popular of the two Wurmple evolutions, there are naturally many expectations for it, and so it must solo every Rock-type, Ice-type, Fire-type, and Electric-type you meet not already being soloed by another of your Pokemon, while continuing to do the Flying-type solo from its time as a Silcoon. Furthermore, it must solo Flint.

Accepted. Maybe I am a little crazy... Just one thing, I am already soloing Flint with Kricketune. If I get beautifly I could solo Volkner instead?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hey I would like to try a challenge of Pokemon Platinum! I can't trade. Looking for obscene difficulty, the only limitation is that it is completable.
Never press the B button, not even once. This means, no running shoes, and all menus have to be closed by manually going to the "Exit" option at the bottom. And set text speed to "Slow".

Have fun.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey I would like to try a challenge of Pokemon Platinum! I can't trade. Looking for obscene difficulty, the only limitation is that it is completable.
I like Codraroll's challenge so much (even though he forgot to give you a Pokemon...) that I'm gonna give you a weird IRL challenge too. Take nerd the Chimchar (yes, I am purposely giving you the frailest starter). nerd likes to read instead of fighting. Every time he faints or is switched out while in red health, you must immediately find a book whose title or author begins with the same letter as the name of the Pokemon who fainted him (or was about to faint him), then read one chapter of that book. And if you don't have any books in your house or none whose title or author begins with the same letter, then instead you must read the Wikipedia article for "Book" from top to bottom. Have fun! :heart:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
~ Teammates may only use moves which include Unown's letter. (Unless otherwise specified by their challange EDIT: just looked at your challanges and nothing has specific moves it has to use yay) Unown itself may use Hidden Power freely.
~ If Unown dies. You must backtrack and catch a new Unown. This one may not be of the same letter. Same rules apply.

I would do something with solo's or with it's move specifically. But this is enough torture.

Last edited:
Never press the B button, not even once. This means, no running shoes, and all menus have to be closed by manually going to the "Exit" option at the bottom. And set text speed to "Slow".

Have fun.
Thats pretty evil... I guess I have to accept.

I like Codraroll's challenge so much (even though he forgot to give you a Pokemon...) that I'm gonna give you a weird IRL challenge too. Take nerd the Chimchar (yes, I am purposely giving you the frailest starter). nerd likes to read instead of fighting. Every time he faints or is switched out while in red health, you must immediately find a book whose title or author begins with the same letter as the name of the Pokemon who fainted him (or was about to faint him), then read one chapter of that book. And if you don't have any books in your house or none whose title or author begins with the same letter, then instead you must read the Wikipedia article for "Book" from top to bottom. Have fun! :heart:
I said in the OP that I don't want to use a starter so I could use a different pokemon instead. Also, with no other restrictions, it can take most things that aren't being soloed by something else. Maybe another small restriction?

~ Teammates may only use moves which include Unown's letter. (Unless otherwise specified by their challange EDIT: just looked at your challanges and nothing has specific moves it has to use yay) Unown itself may use Hidden Power freely.

Yeah that is pretty obnoxious.. I have a feeling that with all those rules, the challenge will be impossible. The problem is that it compounds every other pokemons already very difficult challenges. The main problem imo is the only using moves with the same letter. Does unown have to solo the pokemon it switches in on? If not and the moves thing is changed somehow, I will accept. However, it looks impossible atm. Great idea though!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thats pretty evil... I guess I have to accept.

I said in the OP that I don't want to use a starter so I could use a different pokemon instead. Also, with no other restrictions, it can take most things that aren't being soloed by something else. Maybe another small restriction?

Yeah that is pretty obnoxious.. I have a feeling that with all those rules, the challenge will be impossible. The problem is that it compounds every other pokemons already very difficult challenges. The main problem imo is the only using moves with the same letter. Does unown have to solo the pokemon it switches in on? If not and the moves thing is changed somehow, I will accept. However, it looks impossible atm. Great idea though!
It doesn't have to solo the mons (mostly because you said you didn't want solo's ;_;). And uh the moves was the clue, is it possible for you just to catch an E, A or S? I could think of a way to change it, but it was mostly the idea behind the challenge.

It doesn't have to solo the mons (mostly because you said you didn't want solo's ;_;). And uh the moves was the clue, is it possible for you just to catch an E, A or S? I could think of a way to change it, but it was mostly the idea behind the challenge.
Ah ok that makes sense. Just looking at possible sets I will end up with by then, Kricketune will have to have growl, sing, bug buzz and perish song, Staravia will have double team, wing attack, quick attack and something, and etc. To complete the game, the unown must be a b, u, g or z. Otherwise, kricketune cannot solo Flint. That is the biggest problem as those letters severely limit what everything else does. Dustox also runs into huge problems. I just don't see the challenge being completable with that limitation. Sorry :( . If unown has to solo a gym leader or something that would be ok?

Snaquaza

KACAW
Ah ok that makes sense. Just looking at possible sets I will end up with by then, Kricketune will have to have growl, sing, bug buzz and perish song, Staravia will have double team, wing attack, quick attack and something, and etc. To complete the game, the unown must be a b, u, g or z. Otherwise, kricketune cannot solo Flint. That is the biggest problem as those letters severely limit what everything else does. Dustox also runs into huge problems. I just don't see the challenge being completable with that limitation. Sorry :( . If unown has to solo a gym leader or something that would be ok?
Maybe exclude the letter restriction when a teammember has to execute a part of its challange, but that when you're just on a random route you do have to use it? Seems to be balancing as you can just pick some other moves for Flint. I don't know what Dustox' challenge is exactly, but I hope this would help ^^

I can't pick the moves for flint. Bug buzz is the only sound type attack kricketune has and it cant solo if it uses perish song. Here is my suggestion = I have to only use the moves with that letter in for wild encounters (and vs seeker). Seems like the best option to me. It still adds challenge as grinding becomes more difficult but doesn't make the other bits of the challenge impossible. What do you think? If you agree I accept :p

Snaquaza

KACAW
I can't pick the moves for flint. Bug buzz is the only sound type attack kricketune has and it cant solo if it uses perish song. Here is my suggestion = I have to only use the moves with that letter in for wild encounters (and vs seeker). Seems like the best option to me. It still adds challenge as grinding becomes more difficult but doesn't make the other bits of the challenge impossible. What do you think? If you agree I accept :p
Yeah, that's fine. Though if you want more difficulty anywhere you can add random trainers but I doubt you'd want more difficulty and this seems good.

topher4167, take #YOLOSWAG the Klefki. This Klefki has serious swag, and it knows it, so it must learn Swagger, Foul Play, Thunder Wave, and Substitute immediately. It must also be at least 5 levels lower than the second lowest-leveled member of your party, since it doesn't need strength; just swag. It must also solo all Punk Guys/Girls that you come across, since they think they have more swag. When you get to the Elite Four, it learns that Smogon has banned Swagger. How dare they? So, to get revenge, it must solo all Pokemon that Smogon deems viable, being Wikstrom's Scizor and Aegislash, Siebold's Gyarados, Malva's Talonflame, and Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

topher4167, take #YOLOSWAG the Klefki. This Klefki has serious swag, and it knows it, so it must learn Swagger, Foul Play, Thunder Wave, and Substitute immediately. It must also be at least 5 levels lower than the second lowest-leveled member of your party, since it doesn't need strength; just swag. It must also solo all Punk Guys/Girls that you come across, since they think they have more swag. When you get to the Elite Four, it learns that Smogon has banned Swagger. How dare they? So, to get revenge, it must solo all Pokemon that Smogon deems viable, being Wikstrom's Scizor and Aegislash, Siebold's Gyarados, Malva's Talonflame, and Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.
Sorry? This is great! XD totally accepted! Although Talonflame will be fun...

I'm looking for a challange for White 2. Please make it Medium difficulty because I'm a real ragequitter. Also no trading, and I'd like to have Tepig as my starter.

Team:
Take Pig Trogdor the Tepig.

This Tepig idolizes Trogdor the Burninator from the Homestar Runner cartoons, and has four restrictions based on that:
  • Burninate the countryside: Solo five wild Pokemon of your choice from every outdoor route.
  • Burninate the peasants: Solo every Pokemon five or more levels below Pig Trogdor that is not covered by another mon's solo.
  • Burninate the thatched-roof cottages: Solo all Grass-types.
  • Solo Drayden, because dragons.
One Pokemon can count for two or all three of the "burninate" challenges. For example, a Grass-type six levels below Pig Trogdor counts for both the peasants and the thatched-roof cottages, and if it's one of the first five solos in an outdoor route, it counts for the countryside too.
Both of you can take Mary Jane the Foongus.

This particular Foongus has spores that are particularly intoxicating should you burn them, as you discover the first time someone uses a Fire-type move on it. Every time it either is hit by a Fire-type move or is burned, its trainer, IE you, will become high for the next five turns, and must randomize a move (1-4 for moves, 5 for switch, 6 for run even in trainer battles). Furthermore, it must learn Rage Powder ASAP and must lead every battle with it, even single battles. Evolve into Amoongus by making a gym leader high (IE: soloing a gym leader after having been burned or hit by a Fire-type move).
DarthMagikarp85 take Jennifer the Braviary. This Braviary has to be the one you catch on Route 4 that only appears on Mondays. Just as he only appears on Mondays, when he is in your party he will only do his best on Mondays. On any day of the week that is not Monday, he cannot use any attacks except for Struggle.
Take the Weather Institute Deerling, and he shall be named Jojo.
Now, Jojo is a stand user, and his stand changes with the seasons, as does his appearance. Each stand has a specific move associated with it. If you change stands, you must replace that move with the appropriate move. His stands are as follows:

Spring: (Judas Priest) If he is in a battle with a pokemon of the opposite gender, he cannot retreat and must finish the fight. Use Leech Seed as your first move against these opponents, even if they're grass types.

Summer: (Holy Diver) Start any battle he is in with Sunny Day if it's available. If the weather changes for any reason, you must return it back to bing harsh sunlight.

Fall: (Jukebox Hero) At the beginning of any battle, use Double Team. If you get hit by an attack, you must use Double Team again, even if you are at max evasion. If they miss, you have no restrictions on moves.

Winter: (The Jungle) At the beginning of each battle, use Camouflage. If you have a move that you would now get STAB from, you may only use that move until the battle ends or you switch out.
Take a Sandshrew, and name it Xcav8r (Excavator). Xcav8r loves to dig. You must teach him Dig as soon as possible after you catch him. He is also very competitive, and wants to prove he is the best digger. He must fight against every trainer-owned ground-type you come across (that does not conflict wit an existing solo) without switching out, and use Dig as his only damaging move in all battles he takes part in, unless under certain conditions. If he it hit while underground, or is in any way prevented from using Dig (run out of PP, torment etc.), he will throw a tantrum, and will only use either Earthquake or Magnitude until he either defeats the opponent Pokemon currently in battle, or faints himself. Xcav8r has a huge rivalry with the Drillbur family, and as such, must solo Clay. Upon doing so, Xcav8r may evolve. Upon evolution, he gains the ability to control his emotions, and therefore does not throw tantrums anymore. He also may use damaging moves other than Dig/Magnitude/Earthquake. He must use Dig as soon as he enters battle, though, and may not use any other ground-type moves unless he is hit while underground. He also no longer needs to battle every ground-type. He also wants to prove his victory against Clay's Excadrill was not a fluke, so, knowing Excadrill was an Uber in gen 5, Xcav8r decides to defeat an uber to show his greatness. Xcav8r must solo White Kyurem.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My bad, I didn't see that. Let's make it a Bidoof instead, and he can only use moves with 50 or less BP or special moves. The reading challange is still in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)