ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will we have to wait before we can play the ORAS metagame on Pokemonshowdown? We can play with what we already know about ORAS.

Same way BW battled against BW2 - they can't see Kyurem's Black Form, but they recognize it as a Kyurem with a different ability and stat spread. Same'll work with Megas; XY'll see Mega Lopunny for example as a Lopunny changing it's Stats, Typing and Ability mid-battle. Presumably, you would not be allowed to use Primals and Mega Ray against XY users due to the new abilities and moves that XY has no way of recognizing.
My only thought with this is if you can trade between them, yet you cannot have the new Megas in X and Y, What does that mean for the old Megas, Based on this you cannot trade Megastones between games XY and ORAS, Which again is difficult(As They would have to have separate GTS' in that scenario) It's not just the fact the XY doesn't have the new data that makes this an issue.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Same way BW battled against BW2 - they can't see Kyurem's Black Form, but they recognize it as a Kyurem with a different ability and stat spread. Same'll work with Megas; XY'll see Mega Lopunny for example as a Lopunny changing it's Stats, Typing and Ability mid-battle. Presumably, you would not be allowed to use Primals and Mega Ray against XY users due to the new abilities and moves that XY has no way of recognizing.
So it will ban Primals and new abilities / attacks but will just show regular Pokemon when they mega evolve? Why not also ban the mega stones that aren't present in XY? To me it doesn't make sense to ban some things from use with XY and not others, why not make it simple and ban everything that isn't directly compatible with XY?

My only thought with this is if you can trade between them, yet you cannot have the new Megas in X and Y, What does that mean for the old Megas, Based on this you cannot trade Megastones between games XY and ORAS, Which again is difficult(As They would have to have separate GTS' in that scenario) It's not just the fact the XY doesn't have the new data that makes this an issue.
What? Nothing I said even implied that you cannot trade XY Mega Stones to ORAS.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
The gen 6 GTS has never allowed pokemon holding mega stones to be traded, so XY and ORAS should be able to use the same GTS.

I'm sure we can trade items between XY and ORAS, it's just that if you try to trade an ORAS-exclusive mega stone to XY, the game will just send the mega stone to the ORAS trader's bag or it will disappear or something. Can't speak for battling but either it will be compatible (with XY games not being able to see new mega formes etc.) or it won't be at all. Having it only be half and half (normal megas yes, primal legends no) would be too messy.

So.. I never really read it anywhere, but are the ORAS Move Tutors actually in the game and useable?
Presumably. I and a lot of others are speculating that the move tutor list we've seen is from an early build, due to it matching BW2's exactly, it having two TM moves in there and Dark Pulse not being tutorable to Blastoise. But due to the fact that the moves shown have been made compatible with Gen 6 'mon and they've added Shock Wave and Water Pulse, then yes, these moves will be tutorable in ORAS - just expect the list to undergo some tweaking for the final product is what I'd say.

Edit: Greninja'd

So, has anyone talked about this new info dump from Kaphotics yet?

Basically, we know that Cloud Nine users aren't restricted by Heavy Weather, but Mold Breaker users are. Also, the Red and Blue Orbs are no longer Key Items because they trigger Primal Reversion when held by Groudon and Kyogre. (By the way, Primal Reversion happens when Kyogre and Groudon SWITCH IN, unlike Mega Evolution.)

Hyperspace Fury for some reason is coded to fail when used by any Pokemon other than Hoopa. Speaking of Hoopa, it's new "forme" is over 21 feet tall and weighs over 1,000 pounds. Yup.

Also, the wiped out items have been decoded, and none of them are unreleased Mega Stones.

Goodnight, sweet prince...

Out of curiosity, I went to the Encounters table and compared it to the X/Y unobtainable Pokemon list and pretty much every Pokemon has a match, making it available.

So, has anyone talked about this new info dump from Kaphotics yet?

Basically, we know that Cloud Nine users aren't restricted by Heavy Weather, but Mold Breaker users are. Also, the Red and Blue Orbs are no longer Key Items because they trigger Primal Reversion when held by Groudon and Kyogre. (By the way, Primal Reversion happens when Kyogre and Groudon SWITCH IN, unlike Mega Evolution.)

Hyperspace Fury for some reason is coded to fail when used by any Pokemon other than Hoopa. Speaking of Hoopa, it's new "forme" is over 21 feet tall and weighs over 1,000 pounds. Yup.

Also, the wiped out items have been decoded, and none of them are unreleased Mega Stones.

Goodnight, sweet prince...
There still is a chance that the data within the demo is not fully complete and some data on Mega Stones could potentially not be present, so there is still some hope. Even if its a very, very small amount of hope.

Yeesh.. all this talk of hope is making me feel like I'm turning into komaeda from Danganronpa 2. x-x

Edit: At least Flygon gets a few little buffs with new moves in ORAS.

The gen 6 GTS has never allowed pokemon holding mega stones to be traded, so XY and ORAS should be able to use the same GTS.
The problem is the new moves, Groudon/Kyogre get theirs via level and Rayquaza via some sort of Tutor (probably similar to Meloetta and Relic Song), and then presumably any Smeargle that has Sketched one of those moves.

So we're still stuck with "ban certain things from GTS", "have seperate GTSes (or is the plural still GTS?)", or "delete certain moves when GTSed (GTS? I give up) to X/Y".

Gamefreak knows people hack the games, i.e. all the effort to protect X/Y from being hacked? They could have just as easily made sure to not include unrevealed Mega Stones or it is just from an older build. I mean I'm not saying 100% chance new Megas but you guys are all acting like there's 0.0000000000001% chance of it happening. Though I do agree that its weird they left all that info in. But we know that GF isn't stupid. We do know they like to mess with us/tease us.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sceptile (Lv. 50) @Sceptilite (Ability: Overgrow) (Moves: Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Dual Chop/Night Slash)

This stood out to me. We previously didn't have demo Pokémon level up info, but it seems Sceptile got at least one new Dragon move (Dual Chop) to play with.

so if all the unconfirmed items are decoded and there are no new megastones.....

what the hell is every other region getting in their demos

I'm so impressed with everyone who worked on data-mining the demo. Thank you for all the new info I didn't know I wanted! The remaining month to the full release feels very long.

Beaten to death already but I'd be so disappointed if Battle Frontier doesn't return. I don't even care about all the facilities. Both Gen VI and V have some form of Battle Factory, and things like Palace / Arena / Pyramid were kind of weird. I just want Battle Pike to come back! Lucy is just so bad-ass, the only Frontier Brain who doesn't go cheap and use legendaries during the Gold Symbol match, and come on, 3D Seviper building.

(The chatelaines don't fit ORAS thematically. They are too French :P)

And wow all the megas. M-Beedrill breathes hope to all the non-competitive pokemon who might see their stats redistributed. I remain very disappointed by the Mega Lati@s. The official site boasting about their immense speed upon mega-evolving just rubs in the fact that their base speed remain the same upon ME, when most of the other offensive dragons see a speed boost. So much for Mach 5 speed. Soaring does make up for it.

I'm not too worried about whether there are more megas in ORAS. If so, then great! If not, I think Milotic and Flygon (almost definitely Milotic, in any case) are guaranteed megas in the next game.

I'm so impressed with everyone who worked on data-mining the demo. Thank you for all the new info I didn't know I wanted! The remaining month to the full release feels very long.

Beaten to death already but I'd be so disappointed if Battle Frontier doesn't return. I don't even care about all the facilities. Both Gen VI and V have some form of Battle Factory, and things like Palace / Arena / Pyramid were kind of weird. I just want Battle Pike to come back! Lucy is just so bad-ass, the only Frontier Brain who doesn't go cheap and use legendaries during the Gold Symbol match, and come on, 3D Seviper building.

(The chatelaines don't fit ORAS thematically. They are too French :P)

And wow all the megas. M-Beedrill breathes hope to all the non-competitive pokemon who might see their stats redistributed. I remain very disappointed by the Mega Lati@s. The official site boasting about their immense speed upon mega-evolving just rubs in the fact that their base speed remain the same upon ME, when most of the other offensive dragons see a speed boost. So much for Mach 5 speed. Soaring does make up for it.
We get the Battle Resort. It comes down to it either being a new place, a reworked Battle Frontier or a renamed Battle Frontier.

X/Y files were most likely left in the data for testing purposes to fill in blank data.

1. Pokémon Trainer Wally - 946
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 6
  4. Roserade (Lv. 79) Bright Powder (Ability: Poison Point) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Leech Seed/Petal Blizzard/Poison Jab)
  5. Talonflame (Lv. 79) Life Orb (Ability: Gale Wings) (Moves: Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Steel Wing/Tailwind)
  6. Azumarill (Lv. 79) Assault Vest (Ability: Huge Power) (Moves: Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail)
  7. Magnezone (Lv. 79) Air Balloon (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Discharge/Reflect/Flash Cannon)
  8. Garchomp (Lv. 79) Rocky Helmet (Ability: Rough Skin) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
  9. Gallade (Lv. 81) @[~ 756] (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Swords Dance)
Good lord Wally. You're packing power!

1. Pokémon Trainer Wally - 946
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 6
  4. Roserade (Lv. 79) Bright Powder (Ability: Poison Point) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Leech Seed/Petal Blizzard/Poison Jab)
  5. Talonflame (Lv. 79) Life Orb (Ability: Gale Wings) (Moves: Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Steel Wing/Tailwind)
  6. Azumarill (Lv. 79) @Assault Vest (Ability: Huge Power) (Moves: Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail)
  7. Magnezone (Lv. 79) Air Balloon (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Discharge/Reflect/Flash Cannon)
  8. Garchomp (Lv. 79) Rocky Helmet (Ability: Rough Skin) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
  9. Gallade (Lv. 81) @[~ 756] (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Swords Dance)
Good lord Wally. You're packing power!
OU as hell.. OU as hell. O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)