ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Details have been posted on the official site about a scheme called Pokémon Scrap. With this, from November 1st you can start collecting cards which can give you codes to redeem on the campaign site from December 1st to get serial codes for various items in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. While most of these are simply items, such as Nugget, Hyper Potion, Luxury Balls, Rare Candy & finally a Master Ball, three Mythical Pokémon are also obtained through this method. Shaymin, Keldeo & Victini are obtained this way. This campaign runs in Japan until April 30th 2015. The cards can be obtained in various merchandise including booster packs for the upcoming TCG set, Gaia Volcano & Tidal Storm" Serebii

Welp.
Eh, I'll just transfer them in this case.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, I just went on a binge of comparing all the trainers with their original Gen III sprites, however there are a few I skipped on. Let's quickly look over them:

Skipped:
Youngster & Lass:
I skipped them initially because we already seen their art, but I guess they're still worth a mention.
Youngster looks mostly the same, just more detailed He has a Sableye on his yellow shirt now and his pants are a darker blue with a white stripe.
Lass on the other hand looks completely different. I'm telling you, they have a whole draw of unused female characters...

XY Reused Art:
Swimmer (Male): As I mentioned, the male Swimmer is the same one from XY, but that's mainly because the male Swimmer in general hasn't changed much ever since his introduction in GEN I. Okay, there is some differences, like he's now wearing a black cap with a blue Pokeball logo, his goggles have white lenses, and he's wearing black shorts instead of a blue speedo (thank Arceus); but he's still a shirtless, muscular guy who who find swimming the world's oceans (some are so good at it they can swim region to region!).

Hiker: WHY IS HE WEARING A FEATHERED BOA? Actually, oddly enough the XY Hiker looks remarkably similar to the original Gen III Hiker more than any other Hiker. The only difference is his jacket is open, his pants are a darker brown, backpack is blue (and we can see his sleeping bag), has a neckbeard, a leaf in his hat instead of a feather, and of course an out of nowhere feathered boa. But every else matches, the green jacket, green socks, the feathered boa is the same color as the Gen III Hiker's ascot even. Maybe this was done on purpose?

Black Belt: The dark hair Black Belt actually began being used in Gen III but switched over to a brown haired one in Gen V until switched back in Gen VI. HGSS also had a slight adjustment with their Black Belt with longer hair and no red bandana to match the original Gen II sprite. The XY Black Belt has slicker hair and sideburns compared to the Gen III Black Belt, but they're overall the same character being the generation which debuted the dark hair Black Belt.

Hex Maniac: Another one with two sprites, though there's an obvious reason for the international change. The Japanese Gen III Hex Maniac has no pupils, kind of a bit freaky so international made her looking down into her crystal ball. Speaking of which, obviously they don't really match, which is kind of funny since the Hex Maniac debuted in Gen III. To be fair they sort of look more like Gen I's Channeler's due to the wild hair and eyes.

Psychic: Another odd case of missing females, XY only brought a male Psychic while previous generations also had a female one. Oh, and YET another one with different sprites, except this time for the girls. For some reason, the Japanese female Gen III female Psychic sprite hands are inwards while the international was changed to have them outwards. Okay? But yeah, they don't look the same since he's probably based off Gen V's Psychic, though him and the Gen III female Psychic have a similar hair style.

Twins: though this generation was the one to introduce Double Battles, they decided to not change the Twin's artwork to match Gen III's. FUN FACT: The Twin trainer class was introduced in Gen II, however they were a normal battle. When Gen III introduced Double Battles they only ever did Double Battles from then on.

New:
Divers: First up are these guys which we'll call Divers. They're not actually a surprise since it was announced you would be battling trainers underwater. I'm also going to guess that even though you're in the water you can still use any Pokemon you want. :P Anyway, they look alright, though are we suppose to take is that the girl is holding her breath while the battling is going on? In the trailer they showed that even your character puts on goggles and a breathing apparatus!

Plusle & Minun Bosses: No idea who there two are, but they look somewhat important. Maybe these two have to do with the Battle Resort, maybe the big bosses there? Eitherway, some of their toughness does melt away since they have Plusle and Minun on their back, but I'm guessing that's probably because they compete with Tag Battles with one another. We'll just have to see when the game is released.

Last Notes:
It's kind of odd they only have 2 of the same "meek" versions of Wally even though we know he has a "stronger" version of his art which he probably switches to later in ORAS. They also have two sets of the Ace Trainers for no particular reason.

Phew! Well I guess next I'll go over new locations and maybe more. We'll see, it looks like they're still mining for data.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Gamefreak knows people hack the games, i.e. all the effort to protect X/Y from being hacked?
They didn't *make* and effort, I think that's simply the standard 3DS encryption being used.

They probably simply didn't care enough to remove everything from the demo, thought that would be too complicated, or rushed it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I've been telling you guys all day.

Hoopa is a little chinese brat with a bowl cut (who's good at sleight-of-hand tricks) that changes into a demon warlord
If you said Korean brat that would have been a perfect set up joke to say it's Kim Jong Un. :P

"Details have been posted on the official site about a scheme called Pokémon Scrap. With this, from November 1st you can start collecting cards which can give you codes to redeem on the campaign site from December 1st to get serial codes for various items in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. While most of these are simply items, such as Nugget, Hyper Potion, Luxury Balls, Rare Candy & finally a Master Ball, three Mythical Pokémon are also obtained through this method. Shaymin, Keldeo & Victini are obtained this way. This campaign runs in Japan until April 30th 2015. The cards can be obtained in various merchandise including booster packs for the upcoming TCG set, Gaia Volcano & Tidal Storm" Serebii

Welp.
What...

So according to Serebii, apparently there are 50 Scrap Cards and you get the following reward by redeeming a certain number of them:

1 = SHAYMIN
3 = Nugget
5 = Hyper Potion
7 = KELDEO
10 = Luxury Ball
13 = Rare Candy
16 = VICTINI
20 = Master Ball

Okay, WHO planned this out? Shouldn't the list look like this:

1 = Hyper Potion
3 = Luxury Ball
5 = Nugget
7 = Rare Candy
10 = Master Ball
13 = Shaymin
16 = Keldeo
20 = Victini

Also that's a total of 75 cards, so if you there are only 50 you can redeem you'll need to skip out on some rewards (gee, I wonder which ones will be skipped). Basically the rewards which everyone would want they'll just need 24 cards, 44 if they want the Master Ball but personally I always keep the Master Ball as a trophy (whenever I spot a Shiny I lower it to half health and keep chucking Ultra Balls at it until it clicks). At least with my system they'll ONLY get the Legendaries (plus a Hyper Potion).

Not that I need them, the one I need is a Mew and hopefully, being it looks like they're trying to make sure there's a legit Pokemon this Gen, they'll have a Mew Event during this Generation. Speaking of which, can't wait for the Deoxys Event if only to hear the remix of one of the best themes in the game.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would consider some of them to be 100% like Knock Off.
How would we know? They just copy-pasted the BW2 tutors, and left overlaps with current TMs like dark pulse in there. It's possible they might do a complete overhaul of the list of tutor moves.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I've been telling you guys all day.

Hoopa is a little chinese brat with a bowl cut (who's good at sleight-of-hand tricks) that changes into a demon warlord
Chinese?
I thought he looked Afro. (voodoo)

(I'm Cantonese...)

Oh well, most people from Asia thought Jynx was white, so.

Serebii received a cease and desist order from Nintendo around the time of Black and White (I think) when they were releasing hacked information from the Japanese games. They haven't taken part in spreading leaked information like this since then. I don't know about Bulbapedia, though, but I'd imagine that it's for similar reasons.
I'm sure I do remember something about Bulbapedia getting a Cease and Desist from Nintendo once.
Yep, both of these are true and hence Bulbapedia and Serebii don't risk posting unofficial leaks. It happened with X and Y both sites refused to post anything about Barbaracle and a few other Pokemon that were not announced except in-game, I remember Serebii actually said that they will not be posting any info about the Canadian leaks As they had received that Cease and desist order years before. (I have no idea if it was BW)
As for Pokebeach I honestly don't think they've ever received anything C&D style as in comparison Pokebeach (& Smogon) are much smaller (Plus Smogon is what, 95% community based?)

Also:
"Prism Scale can no longer be obtained via Pickup. Destiny Knot is now found instead. Beauty evolution encouraged!"
Seems like that beauty grind for Feebas returns.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How would we know? They just copy-pasted the BW2 tutors, and left overlaps with current TMs like dark pulse in there. It's possible they might do a complete overhaul of the list of tutor moves.
We cross-referenced the list of move values with the Pokemon and it's 99.9% consistent with BW2's Tutor list, including Dark Pulse's value (there are like 2 inconsistencies tops, but Stellar knows more about it than me). It's possible that Dark Pulse was leftover from them copy-pasting it, which is likely since a ton of random X/Y data is present in the demo along with some weird stuff like the Azure Flute. We're confident that we have the list of tutors since the values are on Kalos Mons too, but new Tutors might be possible if more Megas show up in the future.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We cross-referenced the list of move values with the Pokemon and it's 99.9% consistent with BW2's Tutor list, including Dark Pulse's value. It's possible that Dark Pulse was leftover from them copy-pasting it, which is likely since a ton of random X/Y data is present in the demo along with some weird stuff like the Azure Flute. We're confident that we have the list of tutors since the values are on Kalos Mons too, but new Tutors might be possible if more Megas show up in the future.
What I'm saying is that it makes no sense that dark pulse is available BOTH as a TM and move tutor. Also, look at Blastoise. It can learn dark pulse via TM but not tutor? It's obviously just there as a starting point, and Game Freak is going to make the necessary edits to the tutors to make it compatible with ORAS. What I'm saying is, there is a good chance that the move tutor list will be altered.

I saw something in the research thread about a black/white flute, which had something to do with encounter frequency. Can someone further explain this for me?

I saw something in the research thread about a black/white flute, which had something to do with encounter frequency. Can someone further explain this for me?
Gen III introduced those flutes. You get them from the glass-maker on Route 113 after you collect enough soot in your soot sack from walking around the route.

The black flute reduces wild encounters by 50% while the white flute increases it by 50%.

I wish there was more information on the Battle Resort. It is a shame that it seems like the data on it was not included or was removed from the demo.

Question: to get one of the lati twins i need to get the Eon ticket from the stroy in the gams, and than i saw tgat i need a serial code to actually use it? Its like event? Or i just need the Eon ticket and than in the story line i get latios/latias the same way i got the lucario from x and y?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Question: to get one of the lati twins i need to get the Eon ticket from the stroy in the gams, and than i saw tgat i need a serial code to actually use it? Its like event? Or i just need the Eon ticket and than in the story line i get latios/latias the same way i got the lucario from x and y?
The event is that you're given a serial code which gives you the Eo Ticket. You'll be told to talk with your father who takes you to a boat that'll take you to Southern Island. On Southern Island you'll find the other Eon Duo and be able to catch it.

Not sure if this was addressed, but the projectpokemon team have confirmed that ORAS will use the same system, and number pool for shiny hatching. So we'll essentially be doubling the likelihood of shiny matches on release.

Kaphotics believes keysav will also still be fully functional with ORAS, and predicts it to be a very quick process to update it for use.

I wish there was more information on the Battle Resort. It is a shame that it seems like the data on it was not included or was removed from the demo.
All I know is that we're either going to be really happy, or really pissed.

Be scared people, be very scared.

Magma Leader Maxie - 271
======
Pokemon: 1
Zigzagoon (Lv. 5)

Aqua Leader Archie - 266
======
Pokemon: 1
Zigzagoon (Lv. 5)

The two Leaders are simply terrifying.
Does that confirm that this is unfinished data? Because no way that's in the actual game.

All I know is that we're either going to be really happy, or really pissed.

Does that confirm that this is unfinished data? Because no way that's in the actual game.
It confirms that they had, at the very least, not yet implemented their teams at that point in the game. There are several other placeholders like that, as I understand it, and they all use a level five Zigzagoon. Something like this is not as crucial as a hidden mega, but it does imply that they either copied a prior version, or actively removed information later on, which is more of a step towards information that was not included, rather than towards everything being included already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)