ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get the Battle Resort. It comes down to it either being a new place, a reworked Battle Frontier or a renamed Battle Frontier.

X/Y files were most likely left in the data for testing purposes to fill in blank data.
Ah X/Y being leftover for testing makes sense.

And yes, I'd be curious to see what Battle Resort turns out to be! I'm not going to get my hopes up. The first association I made with Resort is actually the Resort area in Platinum, but obviously that's a stretch. Anything will be better than Maison...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gamefreak knows people hack the games, i.e. all the effort to protect X/Y from being hacked? They could have just as easily made sure to not include unrevealed Mega Stones or it is just from an older build. I mean I'm not saying 100% chance new Megas but you guys are all acting like there's 0.0000000000001% chance of it happening. Though I do agree that its weird they left all that info in. But we know that GF isn't stupid. We do know they like to mess with us/tease us.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't exclusive to X/Y, as 3DS games in general were previously untouched by hackers.

1. Pokémon Trainer Wally - 946
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 6
  4. Roserade (Lv. 79) Bright Powder (Ability: Poison Point) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Leech Seed/Petal Blizzard/Poison Jab)
  5. Talonflame (Lv. 79) Life Orb (Ability: Gale Wings) (Moves: Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Steel Wing/Tailwind)
  6. Azumarill (Lv. 79) Assault Vest (Ability: Huge Power) (Moves: Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail)
  7. Magnezone (Lv. 79) Air Balloon (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Discharge/Reflect/Flash Cannon)
  8. Garchomp (Lv. 79) Rocky Helmet (Ability: Rough Skin) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
  9. Gallade (Lv. 81) @[~ 756] (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Swords Dance)
Good lord Wally. You're packing power!
Weird moves there, but then again GF doesn't know much about their own competitive scene. But seriously, why the hell do they keep giving Special Attackers physical attacks in "challenging" fights?!?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't exclusive to X/Y, as 3DS games in general were previously untouched by hackers.
Oh, my bad. Sorry! But still, GF/Nintendo has taken precautions towards hacking. So I'm sure they'd take the extra effort to hide any new important info, ESPECIALLY megas. I feel that those are more important to keep hidden to them. But thats my opinion.

EDIT: Also, quick un-related question. Since I'm new. >.< But why do replies say "fat Ryuun12" I first thought someone/the site was calling me fat... but noticed that was for everyone.

Oh, my bad. Sorry! But still, GF/Nintendo has taken precautions towards hacking. So I'm sure they'd take the extra effort to hide any new important info, ESPECIALLY megas. I feel that those are more important to keep hidden to them. But thats my opinion.

EDIT: Also, quick un-related question. Since I'm new. >.< But why do replies say "fat Ryuun12" I first thought someone/the site was calling me fat... but noticed that was for everyone.
99% sure it's some weird in-joke.

I hope that's the case. I want my Boomburst, Moonblast, Sucker Punch, and Sticky Web tutors! Maybe they replace garbage moves like Iron Defense with something too.
And I want my Freeze Dry tutor!!!

X/Y data is probably in there as leftovers for testing purposes.
It's more there since ORAS is built using a modified version of the XY game engine. It is historical for leftovers maps and items being hidden in a game's code. I would be more surprised if the Kalos key items weren't in there.

1. Pokémon Trainer Wally - 946
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 6
  4. Roserade (Lv. 79) Bright Powder (Ability: Poison Point) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Leech Seed/Petal Blizzard/Poison Jab)
  5. Talonflame (Lv. 79) Life Orb (Ability: Gale Wings) (Moves: Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Steel Wing/Tailwind)
  6. Azumarill (Lv. 79) Assault Vest (Ability: Huge Power) (Moves: Aqua Jet/Play Rough/Aqua Tail/Iron Tail)
  7. Magnezone (Lv. 79) Air Balloon (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Discharge/Reflect/Flash Cannon)
  8. Garchomp (Lv. 79) Rocky Helmet (Ability: Rough Skin) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
  9. Gallade (Lv. 81) @[~ 756] (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Psycho Cut/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Swords Dance)
Good lord Wally. You're packing power!
Wally has one of the strongest in-game team I've ever seen. I have to agree with Karxrida about how Game Freak has a bad tendency to put the wrong category of moves on Pokémon. Though at least the only major problem with this team is Poison Jab Roserade. Especially since it can learn Sludge Bomb.
That Azumarill, though.

It's more there since ORAS is built using a modified version of the XY game engine. It is historical for leftovers maps and items being hidden in a game's code. I would be more surprised if the Kalos key items weren't in there.
Yeah, I know but its also probably in there for testing purposes as well.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is it just me, or is it odd that no one has really picked up on the news that the demos were hacked and a whole batch of info about the game has been discovered? Bulbapedia isnt mentioning anything, Serebii isn't mentioning anything, Kotaku is even silent on the matter (they'll post useless Pokemon stories yet nothing on Mega Rayquaza or this?). Forums are talking about it, but other then that not much else.

Is it just me, or is it odd that no one has really picked up on the news that the demos were hacked and a whole batch of info about the game has been discovered? Bulbapedia isnt mentioning anything, Serebii isn't mentioning anything, Kotaku is even silent on the matter (they'll post useless Pokemon stories yet nothing on Mega Rayquaza or this?). Forums are talking about it, but other then that not much else.
Probably because they are highly well known and don't want to risk infringement. I know Smogon is well known, but its more so player/fan well known.

Is it just me, or is it odd that no one has really picked up on the news that the demos were hacked and a whole batch of info about the game has been discovered? Bulbapedia isnt mentioning anything, Serebii isn't mentioning anything, Kotaku is even silent on the manner (they'll post useless Pokemon stories yet nothing on Mega Rayquaza or this?). Forums are talking about it, but other then that not much else.
Serebii and Bulbapedia will (usually) stay silent until official announcements are out (or the game itself comes out). Can't speak for Kotaku though.

They only use directly official sources, hence why leaks of Corocoro are alright but not the word of hackers, no matter how reliable they may seem.

Serebii received a cease and desist order from Nintendo around the time of Black and White (I think) when they were releasing hacked information from the Japanese games. They haven't taken part in spreading leaked information like this since then. I don't know about Bulbapedia, though, but I'd imagine that it's for similar reasons.

Serebii got a cease and desist order from Nintendo around the time of Black and White (I think) when they were releasing hacked information from the Japanese games. They haven't taken part in spreading leaked information like this since then. I don't know about Bulbapedia, though, but I'd imagine that it's for similar reasons.
I'm sure I do remember something about Bulbapedia getting a Cease and Desist from Nintendo once.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's because they aren't 100% confirmed yet, especially the move tutors look like placeholders for the time being.

I'm sure I do remember something about Bulbapedia getting a Cease and Desist from Nintendo once.
Pokebeach was a part of that fiasco as well
(And yet here we are)
That cease and desist was filed because Nintendo believed that they were using a functioning pirated copy of BW to post spoilers. The legal team was only half right, and it doesn't even apply in this case.

"Details have been posted on the official site about a scheme called Pokémon Scrap. With this, from November 1st you can start collecting cards which can give you codes to redeem on the campaign site from December 1st to get serial codes for various items in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. While most of these are simply items, such as Nugget, Hyper Potion, Luxury Balls, Rare Candy & finally a Master Ball, three Mythical Pokémon are also obtained through this method. Shaymin, Keldeo & Victini are obtained this way. This campaign runs in Japan until April 30th 2015. The cards can be obtained in various merchandise including booster packs for the upcoming TCG set, Gaia Volcano & Tidal Storm" Serebii

Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)