Media Metalheads Thread III

DSO put out a new song:

Very groovy, not much metal to be found, but it sounds pretty good. New singer is okay, though she might be a bit too generic for a band like this. She really tries hard though!

Anyone like Turisas? Pandora played a couple of their songs for me recently and I've been loving their first couple albums. I generally like folky melodic stuff though.

just found this thread, have to say i'm glad there are good number people here who like metal.

just to add something, anyone listen to these guys?
probably at the extreme end of things i listen too, but i really like this new album. fav track is probably "godless times"

mostly into melodeth/metalcore (in flames, dark tranquility, dream theater, soilwork, august burns red...to name a few)

i find Rings of Saturn to be waaaaay to wanky to actually listen to.

check out some of my radio stream in this thread. :)

haha ok. but sometimes you gotta wank :p

i'll check your streams, also gonna leave this here:
also look up ne obliviscaris, not really like like fallujah but it kinda gives me similar feels

Last edited:
The new Soen album, Tellurian, is a huge step up from their debut, which was a technically good album that couldn't mask how fully indebted to Tool it was. While there are plenty of Tool-isms on Tellurian, the band makes huge strides towards having their own identity. While bass legend Steve DiGiorgio has left since the previous album, Martin Lopez (formerly of Opeth fame) continues to provide excellent drum work.

So yea, I'm declaring Citadel to be my AOTY, I don't think I'll enjoy anything as much as this year before January comes around (maaaaaaaybe Sigh if they manage to get out the new thing this year).

Also what are everybody's thoughts on Devin's double album? I've only spun Dark Matters once so far and it didn't seem to match my expectations at all, though obviously that is very likely to change.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I've listened to the new Ziltoid album twice tops and so far its standard Devin Fare, at least for what he's been doing lately. Sky Blue is just nice to listen to, and Dark Matters is just good old-fashioned fun. I'll have to listen to it a bunch more to have any more articulate onions tho.

MEANWHILE:

http://mindmazeband.bandcamp.com/track/consequence-of-choice

HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING BAND THOUGGGGHHHH. I AM IN AAWWWWEEE.

idk i really don't like ne obliviscaris that much. they're decent of course and certainly aren't short on ambition. however when they're blasting away they feel so lifeless and sterile... the violins are really good but the actual metal just doesn't stand out as anything special because of its overdone production which leads to a rather forgettable sound. the riffs border on the generic side, the leads are alright but nothing to write home about. the clean vocals also feel rather weak.

I really like the djenty/progressive side of metal, and this a really good band that I've for some reason ignored up until a few days ago. Don't know why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)