Playoffs Smogon Tour 18 Playoffs - Finals [Won by Tesung]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Picollo ever made it? Srsly all I knew was CBB, Fakes and Conflict, Rocka and jira not surprised, don't know the rest (except DarkLucario but hes way b4 my time, didn't know he was German)

Edit: 14 different Germans? That's surprising. Sure most are before my time but still.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
18: xray
17: (conflict)
16: conflict, cbb, fakes (lowgock)
15: rocka, cbb (jira)
14: rocka, cbb
10-13: none
9: lucas, conflict
8: lucas
7: flax, purple_weezing
6: (Baris)
4, 5: none
3: peter_pan
2: devilkid
1: picollo

That's it. Dudes in brackets lost play offs for 16th/8th spot

Last edited:

Mazar

Banned deucer.
nvm, i mixed the first german-thing up, lowgock was the first german in grand slam, nevertheless gonna be a great match

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Up and coming graphic designer VN. went ahead and made the graphs in the OP more aesthetically pleasing to satisfy the likes of dadoux. Go take a look and make sure to have Honus photoshop services on call if you ever need some graphic work done! All credit for the data featured in the graphs still goes to big KG.

I think Mixxx has really made some great plays with the Charizard > Ferrothorn > Latios > Charizard switches
Also the Roost on the Sucker Punch was really good, he couldn't have changed pokemon because Bisharp would have won alone
The error was sending Latios to die, then I think he realized that and he sent Crawdaunt hoping to kill Garchomp with Aqua Jet (idk max damage or crit) to prevent him to places stealth rocks but i don't know why Destiny Device didn't placed them (lol) and the rest of the game was just trash because Destiny Device knew he would have won etc
The DPP game was decent and both played well but once again Mixxx couldn't do much because of matchup.

hoping for better matches in successive rounds ^-^

I think it's Mix's own fault for the shitty matchup, Breloom waltzes in for free on 4/6 mons and his one check is SR weak. This would be an issue no matter the spinner but it's really bad when it's Forretress. Mix did what he could but his team was begging to get crushed by any standard offense, especially because the Zapdos didn't appear to even have a move that hit Loom SE (if this is the case then Loom waltzes in on 5/6 mons), so it wasn't really much of a game. Even worse, DD used the most popular DPP team of the regular season, not something I'd be weak to...

No hate though just some thoughts! Well done to both for getting as far as they have ^_^

Oh man I can't wait to hear cbb's thoughts on the XY game I bet he had a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)