ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like there's going to be a new attraction on PGL with a master ball as a prize.
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/...pokemon-global-link/new-attraction-at-the-pgl

The good news is, it's going to help a lot with soft resetting multiple legendaries with one save file.
The bad news is, it's a PGL attraction. If you don't know anything about them, the prizes are handed out at random regardless of performance, so you could perfect this 100 times and not get a single master ball. FUN!

Seriously, just give us masterballs for 200BP or something already...
Rare candies and pp ups cost more. Master Balls would cost 2000

How the hell are they being trolls? Even if there is a Battle Frontier, you do realize that it is post-game, right? Most people, when getting a new game, aren't just going to blow through it as fast as they can. Instead, they'll take their time to enjoy playing it.
Unless they're pokemon fans...

So is it just the one leaker so far?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Unless they're pokemon fans...

So is it just the one leaker so far?
If they were Pokemon fans wouldn't that mean they would pace themselves, check every building, talk with every character, find every Pokemon, pretty much check every nook and cranny of the game and not trying to rush through it? Probably moreso if they played the original RS as they'd probably want to see the differences and what's been added/removed from the remakes.

And if one person got it early I wouldn't be surprised if others did too, however they'd probably keep their identity secret. As to why there isn't a lot of updates if there at leaks, well I don't know. For the one on 4chan I would argue they probably posted there to annoy the people there, if they were serious about reporting new info I'd imagine they'd go onto reddit or maybe Serebii's or Bulbagarden's forums. As for others, maybe they just want to enjoy the game and not want to feel obligated to keep people updated on their playthrough. The game is going to be released next week anyway, so it's not like they'll discover anything we won't in about a week's time.

I'm personally sweeping this who leak deal under the rug, it'll help keep some surprise of the game for me.

Redeemable Master Ball:
Yeah, I think the time has passed when the Master Ball was considered the ultimate item. Unless there's a roaming Legendary or a Shiny it's just a trophy as everyone would either use Ultra Balls or Dusk Bulls on stationary Legendary Pokemon. I'd argue that having it for 100 BP like the Ability Capsule would be good enough as pretty much the only reason anyone would want one after the story and catching the Legendaries is if they happen to run into a Shiny Pokemon.

If they were Pokemon fans wouldn't that mean they would pace themselves, check every building, talk with every character, find every Pokemon, pretty much check every nook and cranny of the game and not trying to rush through it? Probably moreso if they played the original RS as they'd probably want to see the differences and what's been added/removed from the remakes.

And if one person got it early I wouldn't be surprised if others did too, however they'd probably keep their identity secret. As to why there isn't a lot of updates if there at leaks, well I don't know. For the one on 4chan I would argue they probably posted there to annoy the people there, if they were serious about reporting new info I'd imagine they'd go onto reddit or maybe Serebii's or Bulbagarden's forums. As for others, maybe they just want to enjoy the game and not want to feel obligated to keep people updated on their playthrough. The game is going to be released next week anyway, so it's not like they'll discover anything we won't in about a week's time.

I'm personally sweeping this who leak deal under the rug, it'll help keep some surprise of the game for me.

Redeemable Master Ball:
Yeah, I think the time has passed when the Master Ball was considered the ultimate item. Unless there's a roaming Legendary or a Shiny it's just a trophy as everyone would either use Ultra Balls or Dusk Bulls on stationary Legendary Pokemon. I'd argue that having it for 100 BP like the Ability Capsule would be good enough as pretty much the only reason anyone would want one after the story and catching the Legendaries is if they happen to run into a Shiny Pokemon.
Prior to xy we had like three leakers posting regularly about their game play. The way I see it there are two sorts of fans:

1. Those who play the game slowly and training every member of their team equally, collecting each poke/item in an area before moving on, speaking to every NPC and generally absorbing the amazingness of the game
2. Those who rush through the game as fast as possible because they just want to get onto breeding/battling whatever

I was joking earlier but with every generation there are always those people who beat the game in no time at all, but this is getting of topic. It just seems like they're a lot of this sort and I was making fun of that. No need to take it seriously.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Redeemable Master Ball:
Some of us need master balls to soft reset the legendaries, especially since the ORAS rating battles requires the use of blue pentagon Pokemon. Using dusk balls will take way too long.

When I went onto the official website, they showed Regigigas in the Battle Chateau back round, so maybe thats returning?
Or maybe they are being trolls and showing everything in XY

Were the hackers able to find Lorekeeper Zinias mugshot/info on her when they hacked the Demo? If not, I'm pretty sure we can speculate, that there might and will be last minute mega-evolutions put into the game. please mega flygon, milotic, shiftry

Were the hackers able to find Lorekeeper Zinias mugshot/info on her when they hacked the Demo? If not, I'm pretty sure we can speculate, that there might and will be last minute mega-evolutions put into the game. please mega flygon, milotic, shiftry
She apparently doesn't have a mugshot.

Here's the first battle with her:

Pokémon Trainer Zinnia - 898
======
Pokemon: 3
Tyrantrum (Lv. 55) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 55) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 57) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

And here's the second one:

Lorekeeper Zinnia - 713
======
Pokemon: 5
Goodra (Lv. 60) (Ability: Sap Sipper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam) IVs: All 25
Noivern (Lv. 60) (Ability: Infiltrator) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Super Fang) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 60) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Tyrantrum (Lv. 60) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 62) @[~ 769] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

So nope, no speculation necessary. No new megas.

Here's the first battle with her:

Pokémon Trainer Zinnia - 898
======
Pokemon: 3
Tyrantrum (Lv. 55) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 55) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 57) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

And here's the second one:

Lorekeeper Zinnia - 713
======
Pokemon: 5
Goodra (Lv. 60) (Ability: Sap Sipper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam) IVs: All 25
Noivern (Lv. 60) (Ability: Infiltrator) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Super Fang) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 60) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Tyrantrum (Lv. 60) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 62) @[~ 769] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

So nope, no speculation necessary. No new megas.
dang it, way to ruin my dreams . lol .

This is super old, before even mega rayquaza was revealed.
It was brought up a lot
But I think the point they're making is why would he say they 'want players to find them themselves' and then Nintendo reveals them all over the next 2 months?

Obviously it's nothing concrete...but by the end of the week I'm sure the game will have been picked clean and we'll know for sure.

But I think the point they're making is why would he say they 'want players to find them themselves' and then Nintendo reveals them all over the next 2 months?

Obviously it's nothing concrete...but by the end of the week I'm sure the game will have been picked clean and we'll know for sure.
I don't know
Why did they reveal the villains had mega stones, despite their artwork hiding them, and then also their mega pokemon, even though they hid Lysnadre's
Why did they reveal Steven's mega despite hiding Diantha's
Why did they reveal Wally's mega in the same issue they reveal Wally and also give Wally's full arc
Why did they reveal the climax of Episode Delta
Why did they reveal Zinnia's mega of choice
Why did they spend 2 months on revealing all the post-game legends you can get

I don't know
Why did they reveal the villains had mega stones, despite their artwork hiding them, and then also their mega pokemon, even though they hid Lysnadre's
Why did they reveal Steven's mega despite hiding Diantha's
Why did they reveal Wally's mega in the same issue they reveal Wally and also give Wally's full arc
Why did they reveal the climax of Episode Delta
Why did they reveal Zinnia's mega of choice
Why did they spend 2 months on revealing all the post-game legends you can get
Yeah those are definitely questions...and it would be relevant if they said things like
'We're not going to reveal if the villsins have mega stones'
'We aren't going to show steven's mega pokemon'
'We aren't going to reveal wally/his pokemon/his story'
'We aren't going to reveal the climax of the delta episode'
'We aren't going to reveal zinnias mega pokemon'

The difference being that saying "we're not going to reveal them all" and then revealing them all is a direct contradiction...none of what you said is at all.

Yeah those are definitely questions...and it would be relevant if they said things like
'We're not going to reveal if the villsins have mega stones'
'We aren't going to show steven's mega pokemon'
'We aren't going to reveal wally/his pokemon/his story'
'We aren't going to reveal the climax of the delta episode'
'We aren't going to reveal zinnias mega pokemon'

The difference being that saying "we're not going to reveal them all" and then revealing them all is a direct contradiction...none of what you said is at all.
And they did not say "We're not going to reveal them all"

he said "I want to save some surprises for the game"
He might not be even remotely involved in the decision process for what gets revealed and didn't want to just drop confirmation of so and so mega in the middle of an interview.

Also the entire reason I brought up that full list is the "they didn't put any in the demo because they want it to be a surprise!" line of reasoning implies they care more about leaving some random assortment of pokemon getting megas a bigger surprise than plot climax megas.
If they wanted to leave some to be a surprise, they had a solid 5 or so megas they could have just never acknolwedge or shown. They could have just shown Wally and then maybe have a screen from later in the game have his necklace. They could have just kept Archie & Maxie's stones hidden. They could have not shown Steven's metagross (and then for some reason make this metagross part of a cross-promotional mega campaign). How about don't show Mega Rayquaza as part of the big climax where we ride him into space to fight a comet and also presumably deoxys

e: Seriously WHY WOULD YOU REVEAL THAT OF ALL THINGS
the promotional art was fiiiine dont show literally the solution to the entire thingggg

Maybe the whole line of reasoning is flawed. Err, that Gamefreak likes to hide secrets and surprises that is. Looking back at "remakes," I seem to remember gamefreak being very open with the new stuff in a remake or 3rd edition game, especially with new forms.

Platinum had the new Giratina and rotoms shown before release, B2W2 had the genie trio and Kyruem forms well known before coming out, I believe the Sevii's were teased before FR/LG came out, Emerald was all about the Battle Frontier, and HGSS was all about... walking with your pokemon? I can't remember.

And, they kind of have to be. Since they are essentially trying to sell you on a game that's already come out before. For most people, graphical updates just aren't enough to cut it, so Gamefreak decided to lead with the main course rather than the appetizer. Or to remove food anaolgies, they showed off the megas in case "RSE remake" wasn't enough to satisfy.

I guess my point is that revealing everything before it comes out isn't a new practice, especially when it comes to remakes. They aren't selling you on exploring a new world, they are trying to get you to re-explore and old one. So while there may or may not be any more hidden legendaries or megas or tutors, don't act so shocked at this BOLD NEW BETRAYAL. Because it isn't. And it's not even a betrayal, just advertising.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we please stop speculating whether there will be more megas in the game? If there are, we will find out in due time, and if there aren't, we'll find out at the same time. Seriously, there is literally six days until the games come out, can we stop with "I bet there are some megas that they hid from the demo data."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)