ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the downloadable missions from the Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Conquest was just in my mind? I must have quite the active imagination then.

And how rude. :P
Well those aren't games by gamefreak
but those are also on-cart stuff. You're downloading download keys.

It's the equivalent of downloading Diancie

Well he's at Lavaridge now and apparently the biggest change is that the hot spring now has a gender dividing wall. But you still receive an egg there, but no word on if it is still Wynaut or naut. ;p

I like is comments though. Se murieron los viejitos indeed.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
When we gets OR or AS (depended on people) we can start to gather real informations as we can obviously do, in case there are unrevealed Megas and other stuffs as long as I am concerned.

Some reviewers are saying there is lots of post-game content, others are saying there is not.

idk who to believe
It's probably relative.
I mean shoot just look at the argument last night about the battle frontier vs the rest of the post game content

Well I read all the reviews listed on Metacritic and all the reviewers praising the post game were also obviously utter newcomers or casual players.

Where are you getting this from?
My head.

The NPCs in the game address the Battle Frontier as something that is coming, but is not available currently.

Considering they already confirmed an Episode Delta, and the likelihood of a Delta Emerald standalone game being extremely low, this is the most plausible possibility.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone, I know I keep bring this up. But this time, let me say this in well details. It seems like a lot of users are NOT understanding what I am saying. I hope one of you get what I am talking about.

originals:

On R/B/Y, you are in Kanto
On G/S/C, you are in Johto, then you go to an incomplete Kanto
On R/S/E, you are in Hoenn

remakes:

On FR/LG, you are in Kanto, then you another place called SEVII ISLANDS.
On HG/SS, you are in Johto, then you go to Kanto. (which is 50% larger then last time).
So on OR/AS, you go to Hoenn, and hopefully, the outer space area is nearly large as Sevii Islands. Or even larger.

Honestly, who wants to buy a remade game from 11 years ago that only takes place in Hoenn and no else to go? I hope it is not like that. This will be the last time I will bring this up. I can't believe I can't find no one else in this topic that that agrees with me. Its okay most people will find this post pathetic. At the same time, I want at least one person on my side.

Hello everyone, I know I keep bring this up. But this time, let me say this in well details. It seems like a lot of users are NOT understanding what I am saying. I hope one of you get what I am talking about.

originals:

remakes:

On HG/SS, you are in Johto, then you go to Kanto. (which is 50% larger then last time).
So on OR/AS, you go to Hoenn, and hopefully, the outer space area is nearly large as Sevii Islands. Or even larger.
What implies you able to explore space? I'm willing to bet that it's a cut scene with the rayquaza meeting deoxys, there is a battle, maybe another cutscene returning to the overworld, and that's it.

Or... I maybe didn't read too much into episode delta and there actually is an opportunity to navigate space.

Honestly, who wants to buy a remade game from 11 years ago that only takes place in Hoenn and no else to go? I hope it is not like that. This will be the last time I will bring this up. I can't believe I can't find no one else in this topic that that agrees with me. Its okay most people will find this post pathetic. At the same time, I want at least one person on my side.
Me. I'd replay every single region even if there were minimal changes if they were all in 3D. Still waiting to explore Sinnoh in 3D baby!

originals:

remakes:

I thought Kanto was complete in the orginal GSC, Maybe I remember wrong? I don't thinkg HGSS has TONS of area GSC doesn't.... though... right? At any rate I think one thing we can all figure out is that everyone has different content they're invested in with new games. Seeing as it's a remake new areas aren't what make the game for me as much as the rebuild of the old areas I love. I feel like if I wanted to be really invested in new areas to explore then I wouldn't get that into a remake to begin with and just get stoked for the next new game. So in short, I don't think I'll be the one person you need to side with you. Lacking a Sevii Ilsand type area doesn't break the deal for me cause the main appeal was returning areas to begin with.

I'm guessing "Post-game Content" to some reviewers meant something along the lines of raising Pokemon, battling others online, participating in contests. Pretty much things you could do even before battling Steven. The only difference being that these activities are a lot easier once you become the champion. I think the Delta Episode/Rayquaza, the Regis, and the mirage spots are the only real pieces of post game content since the Lati twins are going to be obtainable beforehand.

The Battle Frontier is assumed to be gone according to the usgamer review, but we have to be getting something. Whenever a new game is introduced within the current generation, the post-game battle facility is largely improved over the recent one, or at least it has been since Hoenn. The term "Resort" hints at there being some sort of park with several battle facilities, but a revamp of the original Battle Tower seems likely given the reviews. I'm still holding onto some doubts about it though.

However, I am left wondering why and how could they do this. Having another Battle Maison/Tower/Subway right after dealing with one from the previously released game is a step down from what players would expect. You could only go so far with the current content they have revealed for the post-game. While I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for what we are getting after beating Steven, there is not much you can do besides raising Pokemon for monotonous style battles. The day 6v6 singles becomes a default option on Battle Spot, I will shut up about what I just said.

Catching legendaries through the mirage spots, done. I've filled the Pokedex bar Events and now the GTS has a legit reason to be flooded with even more Legendaries (try to find the ones that are genned). I feel as if nothing is special anymore. I can imagine showing a friend a Palkia that I have brought over through my original Pearl while he shoots me back with 6 Giratinas, 1 from a mirage spot and 5 which were obtained through the GTS.

Regarding the Delta Episode, it appears to just be another main post-game story that will only last a half hour. Not that this is a bad thing. A meteor is crashing into the earth and we have to ride Rayquaza into Space in order to stop Deoxys, all the while learning the origins of Mega Evolution? Hell Yeah! This is a much better post-game story than what we had to deal with in XY, the boring Looker mission. But as I have mentioned before, it will not last long and the only rewards we could get would possibly be a Mega Stone, Rayquaza/Deoxys, and Zinnia as a repeatable trainer to battle against. Also, did anyone feel insulted when the trailer for the Delta Episode asks what the Delta Episode meant for the fate of Hoenn? Spoiler Alert ***Hoenn doesn't blow up and Team Magma/Aqua fail again!*** If only the games allowed tragedy or to have the villains win for once.

Anyway, the games seem to have the objective of either raising Pokemon, collecting Dex entries, and "being the best like no one ever was". The whole concept revolves around grinding, something to keep the player busy for hours. I believe that it has a strong fan base because it has both a casual and competitive nature, qualities that appeal to all types of players. So yes, I am confused about why the Battle Frontier is supposedly deconfirmed. But we can't be 100% sure that we will get a full 'cut and paste' copy of the Battle Tower until the games are actually released, or when the leakers decide to finish the game before then. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, maybe Game Freak has a few surprises left for us.

It's true that most remakes have increased the content of the originals by a lot. However, I think the graphics overhaul - in 3D, which the Pokemon team is getting used to - and the fact that these games are just a year after XY means that we maybe should lower our expectations. Even without things like a Battle Frontier, ORAS will still have at least the same amount of content as XY, and probably more. I found XY great fun even without tons of post game stuff, and I'm sure these games will be fun too.

We know tutors are back. They're in the data, alongside some new tutors for the TMs lost in the generations since 3.
If they aren't here they're probably in the Battle Resort.
My post was in response to someone claiming we had images of them. I know they're back, but we don't know anything about them yet.
Where are the new tutors? What do they use for payment? Is the Ice Punch Blaziken image a mistake or did they add it since the Demo? These are the questions I want answers to, not "where can I teach Sceptile Grass Pledge?"

The Battle Frontier is assumed to be gone according to the usgamer review, but we have to be getting something. Whenever a new game is introduced within the current generation, the post-game battle facility is largely improved over the recent one, or at least it has been since Hoenn.
B2/W2 Subway wasn't improved.
The term "Resort" hints at there being some sort of park with several battle facilities, but a revamp of the original Battle Tower seems likely given the reviews. I'm still holding onto some doubts about it though.
The "Resort Area" from DPPt had 4 buildings, one of which was a Pokemon Center. PC/Maison clone/Tutor house/Pokemart could very well be the "Battle Resort".
This is a much better post-game story than what we had to deal with in XY, the boring Looker mission
0/10 opinion, anything with Looker is great. He had better return in ORAS to arrest Magma/Aqua members ;-;

No but a couple mentioned that they are have trouble discovering connectivity in general, with the game not being out and all. Guess we'll have to wait on that one.

Honestly the complaints about surfing are silly. Don't these people realise that you just need a high level pokemon at the front of your party and some repels? Surfing might have been slow in the original RSE but it's much faster now. Even without repels surfing offers a good levelling opportunity for your Manectric or any other pokemon really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)