ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched quite a bit of the streams, they seem to have "streamlined" the games by having your rival teleport you to Mauville after Meteor Falls, and Petalburg after beating Flannery. I quite enjoyed making my own way back to the main plot. I guess no exploring the bit above Rustboro or the Desert before continuing unless you walk all the way back :/

EDIT: And Wally teleports you to Mauville after you beat Norman! This Rival Teleport Service is gonna annoy me...

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The text is "Battle Frontier Facility No. 1: Battle Tower construction model. It's planning to be upgraded into a special facility called Battle Frontier!"

I feel like there actually are unlock conditions that will allow for the facilities to be built (like beat Super Singles or collect a certain # of legends or something). The No. 1 seems to suggest you will see the other "models" at some point. I'm undeniably hopeful though.

The text is "Battle Frontier Facility No. 1: Battle Tower construction model. It's planning to be upgraded into a special facility called Battle Frontier!"

I feel like there actually are unlock conditions that will allow for the facilities to be built (like beat Super Singles or collect a certain # of legends or something). The No. 1 seems to suggest you will see the other "models" at some point. I'm undeniably hopeful though.
Couldn't it possibly be what the Strange Souvenir is for? It has to be for something this gen if it is to be used at all, so it could be the "ticket" to get to a new island resort or something containing the frontier. Or it could be unlockable after playing enough days, like the Nugget thing in the demo?

Yeah, just gonna c/p what I said on Reddit about this:

"I can (barely) understand GF not including the Battle Frontier b/c they have tons of other content, but there's no way they could just have a lousy Battle Resort with only the Maison and then intentionally put in NPCs saying "Oh, we'll build stuff someday." There has to be something else, or it's like a slap in the face to those who want the Frontier."

Couldn't it possibly be what the Strange Souvenir is for? It has to be for something this gen if it is to be used at all, so it could be the "ticket" to get to a new island resort or something containing the frontier. Or it could be unlockable after playing enough days, like the Nugget thing in the demo?
You probably accomplish certain things in game and more of it gets built. Like beat the Elite 4 again, or find all the mega stones, or have a rematch with all the gym leaders.

IDK

It sure doesn't seem likely, but I mean, the indefinite closing of the Game Corner and the implication that the Battle Frontier is "being built" seem different in scope. I'm not hoping for anything more than the Maison clone, but it'll be a nice surprise if we get something more later.

Sadly it looks like we get a Battle Maison clone.. but MOVE TUTORS!

• Uproar
  • Iron Tail
To name a few.
I see Drill Run and Aqua Tail. I'm satisfied. Though I must ask, why is Dragon Pulse on there when it's already a TM?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

You aren't being hopeful, you are being reasonable. Game Freak's the one going too far this time ;-;

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can someone translate all of those and see if there's anything new, please? Thansk ahead fo time.

The Strange Souvenir has something to do with a completely differnet region, according to the guy you get it from.

It sure doesn't seem likely, but I mean, the indefinite closing of the Game Corner and the implication that the Battle Frontier is "being built" seem different in scope. I'm not hoping for anything more than the Maison clone, but it'll be a nice surprise if we get something more later.

I see Drill Run and Aqua Tail. I'm satisfied. Though I must ask, why is Dragon Pulse on there when it's already a TM?
Dragon Pulse was only a TM in Gen IV.

Nope it has no intractable script.

Dragon Pulse is not a TM in Generation VI.

Wally teleports you straight to Mauville after you beat Norman, meaning you can't pick up all the useful items over the water in Petalburg unless you go all the way back. The Rival Teleport Service is getting annoying if you ask me. I don't need to be led through the game on a leash!
Sorry to be complaining about this while everyone else complains about the Frontier, lol.

Do we know the tutor moves that Kalos Pokémon learn? Maybe there are some nice surprises there to take my mind off the Battle Maison Copy/Paste.

EDIT: nvm ._.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"SS ANNE has left Vermilion. She will be back around this time next year"

"...Uncouth Trainers have been holding
battles in the Underground Path.

Because of rising complaints by local
residents, the Underground Path has
been sealed indefinitely.

Signed, the Celadon Police"

"There is a Lava Dome Pokémon in Jeune Plaza!"

...somehow, I get a feeling that we shouldn't be getting our hopes up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)