ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can (barely) understand GF not including the Battle Frontier b/c they have tons of other content, but there's no way they could just have a lousy Battle Resort with only the Maison and then intentionally put in NPCs saying "Oh, we'll build stuff someday." There has to be something else, or it's like a slap in the face to those who want the Frontier."
GF: "Hey Everyone!! Check out these two new characters we've added! Their mains are Altaria And Flygon! Altaria get's a Megaaaa!!! Aaaaaaaaand~~~~~.......... Flygon doesn't."

*Red hand print still clear as day on my face. Including GF imprint from the ring*

someone in that thread said the johto starters have hidden abilities without giving any evidence
edit: OP just confirmed that rayquaza can evolve holding other items, as tested immediately after capture within ep. delta.
The guy on Instagram confirmed the Johto starters don't have their H/A's. Also, that is just ridiculously OP. ._.

Why do people care about Flygon? It's like the ultimate lame duck dragon Pokemon.

Flygon is like Garchomp's cousin from the country.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Why do people care about Flygon? It's like the ultimate lame duck dragon Pokemon.

Flygon was Dragon/Ground before it was cool.

Personally, I don't care that it doesn't get a mega though. I'm more interested in movepool changes for it, seeing as how even if it did get a mega, it probably wouldn't justify using your mega slot over Garchomp anyway.

I love how some people are already attempting to boycott ORAS because of no Battle Frontier.

Sure we got the Battle Maison again, but it comes with Move Tutors and such. And honestly I have a feeling that the VS Frontier Brain theme will play when you get to the Chatelaines.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I love how some people are already attempting to boycott ORAS because of no Battle Frontier.

Sure we got the Battle Maison again, but it comes with Move Tutors and such. And honestly I have a feeling that the VS Frontier Brain theme will play when you get to the Chatelaines.
http://imgur.com/a/oLueh#lKVrM0m

Nvm apparently there are both the Maison and an NPC talking about Frontier being constructed.
The absence of the frontier doesn't bother me as bad as the fact that GF is blatantly rubbing it in our faces (unless the frontier is somehow unlockable/available through DLC, which I won't hold my breath over.)

God damn it Game Freak. That's the only thing I wanted from these games...
It makes me sad that they don't at -least- have their hidden abilities if not a mega, I mean, most people own/have easy access to the starters these days. I don't see much point in handing out basic ones.

Mostly just pointing out that GF is definitely feeling a little face slappy. So we can't count on their being Frontier just because NPCs rub it in our face that there isn't. Given Flygon's introduction as the main of a character introduced along with the Altaria main it's sort of a blatant slap in the face. I guess it's not as direct as being like. "Oh yeah we're building the Frontier and it's not in the game" But given the patterns of revealing it was sort of about as close as they could get to saying "Mega Flygon is a thing, PSYCHE!"

Also opinions are opinions but Flygon >>>> Garchomp as far as I'm concerned. Garchomp is more like the ugly body builder who came around trying to show up Flygon rather than some other way around, lol

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Mega Rayquaza Mega Evolves in a different way than other Pokemon. Is that just flavor, or can you have Mega Rayquaza and another Mega in the same battle? I'd guess the first one, but I want it to be the later so I can use Mega Ray with Mega Sala for Bird Spam in Ubers it seems worth asking to see how absurd Ubers will be.

The only thing I wanted from these games is amazing Route 120 music. And the games have delivered!
Really high standard for the music in these games, the remixes are all amazing so far!
All of the music has delivered, to be honest. Have you heard the Rival battle theme? Its glorious.

My only hope is that they use the Battle Frontier Brain battle theme in the Battle Maison instead of reusing the Elite Four theme.

All of the music has delivered, to be honest. Have you heard the Rival battle theme? Its glorious.

My only hope is that they use the Battle Frontier Brain battle theme in the Battle Maison instead of reusing the Elite Four theme.
The Rival Battle theme is great, yeah. But the Archie/Maxie battle theme is the best I've heard so far, I think.

Regarding the Maison, we know from leaks that there is a Frontier Boss theme, right (I think)? If it isn't used, then it suggests the Frontier will be opened up later! Well, maybe. Probably not. It's possible, I guess.

The Rival Battle theme is great, yeah. But the Archie/Maxie battle theme is the best I've heard so far, I think.

Regarding the Maison, we know from leaks that there is a Frontier Boss theme, right (I think)? If it isn't used, then it suggests the Frontier will be opened up later! Well, maybe. Probably not. It's possible, I guess.
The Team Leader theme is absolutely fantastic. It surpassed all of my expectations, tbh.

As far as the Maison goes, the Frontier Brain theme was in the datamine, but I feel like we're going to get the game and suddenly realize that that theme was dummied out along with the Battle Frontier itself.

The VS Frontier Brain is in the files so it has either been remixed for the Battle Maison or will be used later on. Battle Tower theme is in there as well, but I think that just might be a placeholder.

The guy on Instagram confirmed the Johto starters don't have their H/A's. Also, that is just ridiculously OP. ._.
Wait... Didn't someone say that cosplay Pikachu could have either ability? If so then did the person who got the Johto started SR because it doesn't make any sense to me for Pikachu to have its hidden ability but to leave out the Johto starters.

If Mega-Ray can hold items, I'm going to cry. Both from fear and joy. Also, I may have missed this, but is there a limit to the egg moves that you can find with the PokeNav, or is it all possible egg moves that can be found?

Wait... Didn't someone say that cosplay Pikachu could have either ability? If so then did the person who got the Johto started SR because it doesn't make any sense to me for Pikachu to have its hidden ability but to leave out the Johto starters.
I wish I could "like" this post more than once.

Do we have a final tutor list yet?

Other than the one picture showing the one Move Tutor booth, no, but it seems like its either identical or almost identical to Black2/White2.
Judging by the demo dump it's the BW2 tutors with things like Shock Wave, the tms that were dropped in the past few gens.
Presumably the Dark Pulse & Sagfeguard listings were just carryovers and nulled out in the selection corner

Scorched Slab has been expanded massively. There's quite a few new floors, and what looks like a legendary Pokemon chamber at the bottom. I wonder what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)