ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like there is a second Day Care in the Battle Resort. Can somebody confirm this?

EDIT: Also, Zinnia talks about RS Hoenn. Yes, there is some kind of alternate timeline shit here.
https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1416530409686.jpg
They've actually messed with that in BW

There is this inexplicable side quest in Opelucid where you bring a thing with Charge [from the other version?] and it looks into the other universe [the other version]

pokemon has the best lore

Well, they did have to come up with a somewhat plausible explanation if an RS Swampert or Wingull made it's way through several other games (eg Ruby to Plat to Black 2 to ORAS) to get to a much different Hoenn.
Dialga and Palkia don't seem so powerful when you have transfer machines in-game that transport Pokémon "across time and space".

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dialga and Palkia don't seem so powerful when you have transfer machines in-game that transport Pokémon "across time and space".
Those machines only exist because Dialga and Palkia allow them to.

There is this inexplicable side quest in Opelucid where you bring a thing with Charge [from the other version?] and it looks into the other universe [the other version]

I have never heard of that, what's it about?

Spoilers incoming!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so just checked on serebii discovery thread and you get Heatran in I think Scorched Slab, where you also get Charizardite Y, and Ho-oh(in OR), and Lugia(AS) are in sea mauville that you get the respective bell from giving the scanner to captain stern

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
EDIT: Also, Zinnia talks about RS Hoenn. Yes, there is some kind of alternate timeline shit here.
https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1416530409686.jpg
So... huh. I don't know what to make of that. It's like they're hinting they have an in-story reason why there are major changes between RS and ORAS.

Technically the split timelines sort of started with RSE. RSE's story was different in all versions. Well, different as in who played what part, but still there was "major" differences on who did what. But BW did play with the idea more, so much that they had to have a sequel pair of games instead of the normal 3rd version.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So... huh. I don't know what to make of that. It's like they're hinting they have an in-story reason why there are major changes between RS and ORAS.

Technically the split timelines sort of started with RSE. RSE's story was different in all versions. Well, different as in who played what part, but still there was "major" differences on who did what. But BW did play with the idea more, so much that they had to have a sequel pair of games instead of the normal 3rd version.
I believe the 3rd game is considered canon for RSE and DPPt, and the alternative timeline thing didn't happen until BW. I know Cynthia mentions Giratina in BW or BW2 and I think there are retired Aqua and Magma grunts somewhere in Unova that allude to Emerald's version of what happened.

Does anyone know which Deerling and Shellos forms are in ORAS? Summer/Autumn/Winter Deerling and East Sea Shellos were only available through transfer in X/Y, are they available in ORAS or did the "every Pokemon is obtainable in 6th gen" not extend to forms?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I believe the 3rd game is considered canon for RSE and DPPt, and the alternative timeline thing didn't happen until BW. I know Cynthia mentions Giratina in BW or BW2 and I think there are retired Aqua and Magma grunts somewhere in Unova that allude to Emerald's version of what happened.
But what does that mean for ORAS? Are they split timelines since it's doubtful they'll release a "Delta Emerald"?

Does anyone know which Deerling and Shellos forms are in ORAS? Summer/Autumn/Winter Deerling and East Sea Shellos were only available through transfer in X/Y, are they available in ORAS or did the "every Pokemon is obtainable in 6th gen" not extend to forms?
I think someone said what form you got was random, but I'm not sure. Actually, while they can make Shellos random, they could still have Deerling/Sawsbuck retain their gimmick by having them cycle though their forms when the month changes.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
List doesn't appear to be complete though, with talk of Skrelp and legendary version-exclusives. But oh well, I may just end up getting both at some point.

Anyway, I've been listening to some of the uploaded OST and all I got to say is it's amazing. So glad GF stuck closely to the original OST with the remixes instead of changing up many themes like they did with HGSS. Some themes I even like better than the originals (primal Kyogre/Groudon's theme sounds amazing.)

Furthermore, I'm really curious about Zinnia's backstory now.

Is there a version of the Chateau in ORAS?
That's our battle resort. Plus several NPCs and a model pounding tons of salt to the open wounds of those who hoped for a Frontier.

And DLC is most likely not going to happen unless we get EA Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)