ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we can use synchronisers is great news. It looks like there's still a 50/50 chance of it working given other people's comments, cos I've used a timid synch ralts three times now and each time latias has been timid.

Hey so Corphish shows up as a silhouette on Route 117 but I only have the old rod. Does this mean I can catch it with the Old Rod or is it just showing up because I've encountered it even though I can't catch it?

I'm actually testing something right now regarding the synch...I have a full party of pokemon so 1 had to be sent to pc, I sent the synchronizer. It's possible that that's why it didn't work..could just be dependent on when it generated the stats/nature

Yes, because you can trade it over with a pokemon holding it :p. However, if you don't have 2 3DS's, you'll need someone's help, as bank cannot hold items.
Oh, thanks. I'll have to use a friend when my version gets here. .

Btw, which ball at you using to catch Lati@s? If my calculations are correct, I'll need to ask about 20 master balls for both versions, otherwise the process of battle+ catch+ check+ see cutscene+ repeat incessantly will take ages.

Oh, thanks. I'll have to use a friend when my version gets here. .

Btw, which ball at you using to catch Lati@s? If my calculations are correct, I'll need to ask about 20 master balls for both versions, otherwise the process of battle+ catch+ check+ see cutscene+ repeat incessantly will take ages.
It joins your party willingly. Comes in just a plain ol' pokeball.

If I defeat Kyorge, will I be able to capture it during the post-game? Don't want to waste my time SR'ing right now since I'm just trying to enjoy the Hoenn Journey. :/

I just want to share that I definitely like how in ORAS the NPCs are a lot livelier this time around--they actually have expressions and the such and aren't really plastic-looking anymore! Great job with this, Gamefreak. Finally a Pokemon game where life is breathed into the NPCs.

Does anyone else find this game's iteration of the Dowsing Machine hilarious?

Less useful than the PKE meter version because it doesn't as clearly point to items though
I use it and I get a hit, but then I move in the same direction and it stops. I have no idea how it works so yeah, I don't like it as much.

Since I have to wait a few more days for my game, question for those who have advanced to that part of the game - can non-gen 6 Lati Soar? Does the Lati need to hold its Mega Stone? What if you have multiple Lati who fulfill whatever conditions you need? Very curious how the Eon Flute works.

In addition, someone in this thread mentioned a few pages back that there is no more limit to Pokeblock. Does that mean Sheen is no longer capped at 255, and you can theoretically max out all contest stats? I saw a Youtube video of Cosplay Pikachu, and her stats seem to be almost maxed out in all stats.

Since I have to wait a few more days for my game, question for those who have advanced to that part of the game - can non-gen 6 Lati Soar? Does the Lati need to hold its Mega Stone? What if you have multiple Lati who fulfill whatever conditions you need? Very curious how the Eon Flute works.

In addition, someone in this thread mentioned a few pages back that there is no more limit to Pokeblock. Does that mean Sheen is no longer capped at 255, and you can theoretically max out all contest stats? I saw a Youtube video of Cosplay Pikachu, and her stats seem to be almost maxed out in all stats.
Lati@s isn't needed in your party at all to soar, just the flute. But it'll be the Lati you befriend in the respective game that you soar upon... like you're going to be able to tell the difference once you're actually soaring. Since you don't need Lati@s in your party to soar, Lati@site isn't needed to be held by them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)