Pokémon Dragalge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Approved by Haunter)

Dragalge - The Mock Kelp Pokémon

X Flavor Text - "Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory."
Y Flavor Text - "Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return."

Pokédex Number - #691 (National) | #031 (Kalos Coastal)

Type -
upload_2014-11-22_23-35-16.png
Base Stats - 65 HP / 75 Atk / 90 Def / 97 SAtk / 123 SDef / 44 Spe

Abilities:
Poison Point: When a Pokémon with Poison Point is hit by a move that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that the attacking foe will become poisoned.
Poison Touch: If a Pokémon with this Ability uses a move that makes contact, there is a 30% chance the target will become poisoned
**Adaptability (Hidden): Adaptability increases STAB from 1.5× to 2×.

Notable Moves (Bold indicates STAB):

- Dragon Tail (Lvl 1, Lvl 59, TM 82)
- Toxic (Lvl 32, TM 06)
- Sludge Bomb (Lvl 38, TM 36)
- Hydro Pump (Lvl 42)
- Dragon Pulse (Lvl 53)
- Thunderbolt (TM 24)
- Sludge Wave (TM 34)
- Focus Blast (TM 52)
- Scald (TM 55)
- Toxic Spikes (Breed w/ Omanyte)
- Draco Meteor (Tutor)

General Analysis:

Before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Dragalge was stuck with the extremely mediocre Poison Touch and Poison Point as its abilities. When also considering its only decent stats and bland movepool, its easy to see why the exquisite sea dragon never got to make a splash in X&Y OU. Enter Adaptability. With this newfound ability, which multiplies its STAB moves' power by 2 instead of 1.5, Dragalge finally found a niche in OU as a fearsome wallbreaker. Whereas other Dragon-types wallbreakers are easily checked by the vast assortment of viable Fairy-types in OU, Dragalge scoffs at almost all of them, thanks to both being neutral to their STAB moves and annihilating them with its STAB Sludge Wave. While attempts to make defensive sets viable in XY failed, remnants of these attempts can be seen in Dragalge's current playstyle. Dragalge abuses its bulk and typing to switch in on common threats in OU, such as Mega Charizard Y, Keldeo, and Thundurus, and destroy practically anything that dares switch in. Other wallbreakers, such as Crawdaunt, lack this defensive utility. Despite its uniqueness and sheer power, Dragalge is not the most threatening Pokemon in OU. Thanks to its low Speed, exploitable typing, and reliance on a move that halves its Special Attack, Dragalge can easily be both revenge killed and made setup bait. But, if you'd enjoy watching "naturally bulky" Pokemon such as Mew, Keldeo, and Zapdos going down with one neutral Draco Meteor, Dragalge is for you.

Movesets:

Dragalge @ Choice Specs / Dragon Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire
- Scald / Focus Blas

Overall:

Dragalge certainly isn't the best Pokemon in OU, but with a Specs STAB move that is guaranteed to OHKO 252/0 Mew after Stealth Rock, Poison STAB to cover Fairies, and a Water or Fighting move to cover Steels, its future seems relatively promising. It also has a really nice typing and solid bulk that allow it to check Mega Charizard-Y, Keldeo, Breloom, Mega Manectric, and Rotom-Wash.

Calcs (just for fun):
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 181-213 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 382-450 (94.5 - 111.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 255-301 (93.7 - 110.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 416-490 (128.7 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 418-492 (108.8 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've always kind of liked Dragalge as a Pokemon (seriously it has such an awesome design), and it might be able to find itself a niche in OU as a Specs based wallbreaker. Adaptability Specs Draco Meteor is so ridiculously powerful, I remember seeing someone post a wall of calcs of Specs Adaptability Dragalge in an older thread, and it really is so strong it OHKOes almost every single Pokemon in the game. Compared to the Latis and Goodra, this thing is honestly much less susceptible to Pursuit than the Latis and has Focus Blast and Hydro Pump to mess with Heatran and Tyranitar, and unlike Goodra, this thing is able to take on Fighting-types like Keldeo. However, Goodra has Fire Blast to screw with Scizor and friends plus Earthquake or Superpower to go mixed, and the Latis are much faster and both have Defog which is great for any team. That being said, Dragalge's typing is quite interesting and its bulk is not that bad (but it's not that great, either), and this thing will probably find some sort of OU viability, it won't be very high in ranking but it has a shot at being viable thanks to its ridiculous power and being a phenomenal wallbreaker with good STABs.

At the very least I can see this thing rising from a mid-low level RU threat (plus mid NU) to a high level RU threat with viability in UU, but hey, let's see how things roll for our fellow seadragon.

Suck it Clawitzer.

nooooo i wanted to be the first to innovate this :( but aside from its nuking capabilities, it also has a pretty good def typing that can switch into things like thundy, keld, loom, clef, zardy, rotom, manec, venu, etc. but idk how it would fare in oras ou despite this buff since alot of the new megas can threaten to ohko it

Scald deserves a slash with Hydro imo. While Hydro is obviously more powerful, we all know how annoying Scald can be. So if you don't want to fire off Draco (because Fairies) or Poison (because Steels) and feel like you don't want to play prediction, catching something with a Scald and potentially getting a burn might be good depending on the situation.

HP Fire is another option, it means you don't have to chance hitting a few Focus Blasts against the likes of Ferro and Skarm (though Specs Draco might do a decent chunk to Skarm, I haven't checked because calc isn't working for me).

A defensive set could also be pretty cool. Adapatability Dragon Tail isn't amazing, but sounds pretty fun in conjunction with T-Spikes (or just any hazard in general). And the Poison STAB means Fairies won't brainlessly try to cockblock the Dragon Tail. Plus Adapatability means it isn't as lacking offensively as a lot of other defensive mons.

Toxic/Toxic Spikes + Adapatability Venoshock sounds really gimmicky but fun too.

Gunk Shot, Outrage + Icy Wind under notable moves maybe? It gets those through ORAS tutors, even if it won't use them that often. (I think Gunk Shot has decent potential in some cases.)

Also items that don't Choice-lock you, like E-Belt/Dragon Fang/Dragon Plate might be worth considering over Specs, just to feign a Choice item for things thinking they can force you out by taking advantage of the Dragon/Poison STAB immunities.

I wish this thing had Acid Spray. Adaptability Acid Spray would be hella fun. It even has a nozzle-like mouth/nose to spray with :(

dragalage doesn't seem that viable in oras ou; it's pretty defensively frail and very slow, which is a huge liability. I'm not into it. however, in NU it's definitely going to be a massive threat, and might even rise to RU. I've tried out the thing in NU recently, and I like specs sets the most; no one really has switchins for it lol

ahhhh i love this mon it's up there with serperior, carnivine, and torn-t in terms of coolness. in terms of viability, i think it'll be low ranked on the viability ranking but so strong and it'll definitely have a niche. i mean it already had the niche of being able to check keldeo, zardy, and electrics in one slot but this was mostly overshadowed by latios and latias which were way faster, had roost so could actually consistently check these pokemon, defog, and levitate for spikes which were getting common in late xy. however, dragalge had a few advantages, like poison-stab so clefable (and sylveon i guess lol) cant switch in and azumarill can't check it, as well as tspikes for defensive sets, but ultimately it never made a splash. now, dragalge has the niche of hitting really fucking hard (much harder than life orb latios even with draco plate > specs) while still being able to check a lot of pokemon per game because its typing is really good. offense really can't switch in to specs / draco plate adaptability modest 252 spa dmetoers lol, sludge bomb / wave still does a fuckton to a lot of stuff but is easier to exploit among steels i guess, it's still rather spammable especially with draco plate. i really hope this mon has use in ou cause it has so much potential and it's so badass looking n_n

Has anyone considered running Quiet/Brave and slamming this thing on a Trick Room team? That honestly sounds pretty fuckin' scary and the only priority I can think of that can really stop it would be brave bird and t-wave.

ahhhh i love this mon it's up there with serperior, carnivine, and torn-t in terms of coolness.
Literally falling in love with you

I can't see this things being THAT great in OU. Sure it's STABs nuke almost anything, however it is horribly walled by several things namely steels, and pretty much outsped by everything out there. It's just too easy to play around in this meta.. especially when some of the new megas can setup on him, and both STABs don't effect alot of pokemon. Maybe in the lower tiers he got a niche, but I find him to be one of those "Never really sent out" pokemon on standard teams.

i'm hype to try this bad boy on rain, no longer need a lati for zardy, which is neato. this thing still does not want to take several specs secret swords, though. no recovery is brutal.

I can't see this things being THAT great in OU. Sure it's STABs nuke almost anything, however it is horribly walled by several things namely steels, and pretty much outsped by everything out there. It's just too easy to play around in this meta.. especially when some of the new megas can setup on him, and both STABs don't effect alot of pokemon. Maybe in the lower tiers he got a niche, but I find him to be one of those "Never really sent out" pokemon on standard teams.
most steels get boned by focus blast like heatran, ferrothorn, skarmory to an extent, and bisharp. annoyingly mega metagross is a pain since it sets up agilities on it and doublade should suck but i think draco meteor should do at least 40% to standard doublade.

also @op i think i'd use scald > hydro pump since almost everything weak to water gets hit by the stabs and scald at least chances a burn on switch-ins from mega metagross which is a very big annoyance and tbh i can't think of anything weak to hater hit harder by hpump than any other moves. specs scald should annoy doublade and the only other thing i can think of to hit with scald is like chople heatran rofl.

I love that this thing can learn Haze. When this thing used Draco Meteor and your opponent considers to setting up on this thing, you can just Haze that away and eliminate the SpA drop as well.
And I agree with everyone that Scald should slapped over Hydro Pump. Dragalge has bad defenses but Scald can allow it to bypass that.

Dragalge is certainly an interesting Pokemon. However although it's pretty strong, it's non-STAB attacks are not. It's HP is not anything to boast about either. Added with the fact that some of the most dangerous threats in ORAS like Mega-Gallade and Mega-Metagross have moves that nail it super effectively.
Let's compare it's matchups with the viability list
(All calcs with Stealth Rocks on both sides
S+

Loses
S

Charizard (Mega-X) Loses
Greninja Loses
Keldeo Checks
Latios Loses
A+ Rank

Azumarill Loses to CB
Bisharp Checks
Charizard (Mega-Y) Checks
Clefable Wins but loses to CM Stored Power set after a 2 CMs with prior damage on Dragalge and 3 CMs without prior damage
Gallade (Mega) Loses
Garchomp Loses
Gardevoir (Mega) Loses
Gengar Wins if locked into Scald. Loses if locked into anything else. (Against Sub sets)
Heatran Wins to non-Earth Power sets
Landorus-T Loses
Landorus Loses
Latias Loses
Metagross (Mega) Loses but chance to cripple with Scald
Mew Wins against Stallbreaker set
Pinsir (Mega) Loses
Scizor (Mega) Loses but Scizor barely gets out alive
Talonflame Loses
Thundurus Checks
Venusaur (Mega) Wins

A Rank

Altaria (Mega) Loses to Draco Meteor sets and checks Hyper Voice ones
Diancie (Mega) Loses but Diancie is heavily damaged
Dragonite Loses
Excadrill Loses
Ferrothorn Wins
Gliscor Loses against sets with Earthquake
Gyarados (Mega) Loses to Earthquake sets
Heracross (Mega) Checks non-Earthquake sets
Latias (Mega) Wins unless Latias has a few Calm Minds (Pretty likely)
Lopunny (Mega) Wins
Mamoswine Loses
Manectric (Mega) Wins
Medicham (Mega) Loses
Rotom-W Wins
Slowbro and Slowbro (Mega) Loses
Terrakion Checks non-Earthquake sets

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega) Wins
Diggersby Loses
Jirachi Completely depends on luck or loses if the Jirachi has Zen Headbutt
Kyurem-B Loses
Magnezone Checks
Manaphy Wins
Politoed Wins
Sableye (Mega) Wins I guess
Sceptile (Mega) Checks
Tyranitar Checks
Tyranitar (Mega) Loses after a DD. Checks before one

I think sludge wave should be noted under moves, as it doesn't have as high chance to poison, it's a little stronger and chestnaught could force a switch if you're choice locked into bomb, just an idea. I feel like dragalge and goodra share some traits, they both have fairly good coverage moves, both are specially defensive dragons, and both have usable special attack. While we are discussing wallbreaker sets now, I feel like it suffers some problems goodra had and new ones. It's dedensive typing is better and quite unique, but it's physical defense is low, and with the poison type making dragalge weak to ground and psychic, makes it hard to walk break when a faster pokemon can nail it with earth quake or psyshock, another problem is that while it's stabs are powerful and has a wide move pool, it's doesn't have a move that'll help its way past steal types. If you lock yourself into Draco, being at -2 leaves your opponent with a wonderful set up opportunity, but the latis share the same problem so I won't count this. Scald seems to be the best way past steal types unless you wanna run focus blast, which I wouldn't cause I hate the accuracy. Dragalge is a very interesting pokemon, but might have a hard time finding it's way into ORAS OU.

Scald is good enough for Steel types. Scizor, Bisharp, Skarmory, Metagross, none of them can afford a burn. The only Steel that wouldn't be burned is Heatran and it's weak to the move itself. Either that or Dragon Tail on non-choiced sets are good for racking up hazard damage. Fortunately with STAB Poison moves you shouldn't have to worry as much of a Fairy switching in.

I'd consider Black Sludge as an item. This makes Dragalge a good switch in to Trick users and it certainly wouldn't mind being tricked some Specs.

This guy also pairs really well with Skarmory! Perfect defensive synergy outside of Skarmory being neutral to Ice, one physically defensive and the other specially, and they can both stack all three hazards and phase as well. Throw in a Defiant Thundurus in there or Mega Sableye, oh man that sounds beast! Both of those cover Fairy types for Mega Sableye so well. I need to look into this *ponders*

Scald is good enough for Steel types. Scizor, Bisharp, Skarmory, Metagross, none of them can afford a burn. The only Steel that wouldn't be burned is Heatran and it's weak to the move itself. Either that or Dragon Tail on non-choiced sets are good for racking up hazard damage. Fortunately with STAB Poison moves you shouldn't have to worry as much of a Fairy switching in.

I'd consider Black Sludge as an item. This makes Dragalge a good switch in to Trick users and it certainly wouldn't mind being tricked some Specs.

This guy also pairs really well with Skarmory! Perfect defensive synergy outside of Skarmory being neutral to Ice, one physically defensive and the other specially, and they can both stack all three hazards and phase as well. Throw in a Defiant Thundurus in there or Mega Sableye, oh man that sounds beast! Both of those cover Fairy types for Mega Sableye so well. I need to look into this *ponders*
I know it sounds like the most generic suggestion ever, but how about Magnezone? That gets you an Ice Resist, a way to dispatch steels and a slow Volt Switch to get in Dragalge and your other slow members safely.

Adding onto this, Drag might also make a decent way for Sableye Stall to beat some troublesome walls or Stallbreakers. Drag itself is immune to Toxic, while hitting harder than Latios, so it can deal with Stallbreakers who rely on passive damage like Mew in short order, on top of helping to stack hazards and absorb Toxic Spikes, which are the only way to really Poison/Toxic Sable.

So Drag could synergize with other Hazard mons on Stall teams, offering Synergy with Eye and Skarm, breaking certain opposing Stall or bulky mons troubling the former and Stallbreakers troubling the latter.

And as noted, it's yet another mon that pairs well with Magnezone.

Dragalge is certainly an interesting Pokemon. However although it's pretty strong, it's non-STAB attacks are not. It's HP is not anything to boast about either. Added with the fact that some of the most dangerous threats in ORAS like Mega-Gallade and Mega-Metagross have moves that nail it super effectively.
S+

Loses
S

Charizard (Mega-X) Loses
Greninja Loses
Keldeo Checks
Latios Loses
A+ Rank

Azumarill Loses to CB
Bisharp Checks
Clefable Wins but loses to CM Stored Power set after a 2 CMs with prior damage on Dragalge and 3 CMs without prior damage
Gallade (Mega) Loses
Garchomp Loses
Gardevoir (Mega) Loses
Gengar Wins if locked into Scald. Loses if locked into anything else. (Against Sub sets)
Landorus-T Loses
Landorus Loses
Latias Loses
Pinsir (Mega) Loses
Talonflame Loses
Thundurus Checks
Venusaur (Mega) Wins

A Rank

Dragonite Loses
Excadrill Loses
Ferrothorn Wins
Lopunny (Mega) Wins
Mamoswine Loses
Manectric (Mega) Wins
Medicham (Mega) Loses
Rotom-W Wins

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega) Wins
Diggersby Loses
Kyurem-B Loses
Magnezone Checks
Manaphy Wins
Politoed Wins
Sceptile (Mega) Checks
Tyranitar Checks
So basically your (incredibly biased) matchups show that Dragalge can switch in on a fair number of threats, check a LOT of them, and when in threaten virtually every single Pokemon in OU.

Seems good to me.

S+

Loses
S

Charizard (Mega-X) Loses
Greninja Loses
Keldeo Checks
Latios Loses
A+ Rank

Azumarill Loses to CB
Bisharp Checks
Gallade (Mega) Loses
Garchomp Loses
Gardevoir (Mega) Loses
Landorus-T Loses
Landorus Loses
Latias Loses
Pinsir (Mega) Loses
Talonflame Loses
Thundurus Checks
Venusaur (Mega) Wins

A Rank

Dragonite Loses
Excadrill Loses
Ferrothorn Wins
Lopunny (Mega) Wins
Mamoswine Loses
Manectric (Mega) Wins
Medicham (Mega) Loses
Rotom-W Wins

A- Rank

Aerodactyl (Mega) Wins
Diggersby Loses
Kyurem-B Loses
Magnezone Checks
Manaphy Wins
Politoed Wins
Sceptile (Mega) Checks
Tyranitar Checks
Your post was actually so terrible that I joined the forums just to tell you that. Lets see half of these so called "losses" actually switch in. Here are a few examples:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 460-542 (144.2 - 169.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 876-1032 (263 - 309.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 672-792 (168.8 - 198.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sure, Mega Charizard X OHKOs with Dragon Claw, but when is he going to switch in? Even Azumarill has to watch to switch in, since its so obvious you would go into it to sponge a Draco.

On another note, a lot of great Pokemon like Rotom-W or Skarmory help with Dragalge's weaknesses to both Ground attacks, and physical moves. Personally I prefer Skarmory, since they're almost a perfect pair, with their defenses and typing covering their respective weaknesses perfectly.

Your post was actually so terrible that I joined the forums just to tell you that. Lets see half of these so called "losses" actually switch in. Here are a few examples:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 460-542 (144.2 - 169.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 876-1032 (263 - 309.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 672-792 (168.8 - 198.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sure, Mega Charizard X OHKOs with Dragon Claw, but when is he going to switch in? Even Azumarill has to watch to switch in, since its so obvious you would go into it to sponge a Draco.

On another note, a lot of great Pokemon like Rotom-W or Skarmory help with Dragalge's weaknesses to both Ground attacks, and physical moves. Personally I prefer Skarmory, since they're almost a perfect pair, with their defenses and typing covering their respective weaknesses perfectly.
My post never said they could switch in. It's a 1v1 situation after Dragalge takes out a Pokemon.

I know it sounds like the most generic suggestion ever, but how about Magnezone? That gets you an Ice Resist, a way to dispatch steels and a slow Volt Switch to get in Dragalge and your other slow members safely.
Double Earthquake weakness? No thanks. Like someone else said, Rotom-W would work better there, as they also share no weaknesses, can Volt Change, and Dragalge 4x resists Grass in fact. Skarmory is just such a natural pairing, and both would go doubly well covering Sableye's only Fairy weakness. Really need to test this idea.

My post never said they could switch in. It's a 1v1 situation after Dragalge takes out a Pokemon.
It has like 40 base speed, checking Dragalge isn't hard. The point of Dragalge is it can use its good defenses and typing to switch in repeatedly and nuke something every single time. Here I'll fix it for you. This is how A- rank or below handles switching in on Dragalge.

S+

Mega Salamence - OHKOed
S

Charizard (Mega-X) - OHKOed
Greninja - OHKOed
Keldeo - OHKOed
Latios - OHKOed
A+ Rank

Azumarill - OHKOed
Bisharp - OHKOed (yes, by Draco Meteor)
Charizard (Mega-Y) - OHKOed
Clefable - OHKOed
Gallade (Mega) - OHKOed
Garchomp - OHKOed
Gardevoir (Mega) - OHKOed
Gengar - OHKOed
Heatran - Check although it loses if it comes in on Focus Blast or a Water move.
Landorus-T - OHKOed
Landorus - OHKOed
Latias - OHKOed
Metagross (Mega) - Takes over 60% from Draco Meteor but can force it out once.
Mew 2HKOed by Sludge Bomb, but it could feasibly Knock Off Specs and proceed to Recover stall.
Pinsir (Mega) - OHKOed
Scizor (Mega) Bulky Roost wins unless Scald burned but offensive SD is 2HKOed and can't really do much back.
Talonflame - OHKOed
Thundurus - OHKOed
Venusaur (Mega) - OHKOed

A Rank

Altaria (Mega) - OHKOed
Diancie (Mega) Sludge Bomb, Scald and Focus Blast 2HKO (even non-mega) while Diancie can't OHKO back.
Dragonite - OHKOed
Excadrill - OHKOed by Scald / Focus Blast. Takes up to 88% from Draco Meteor.
Ferrothorn - Focus Blast does up to 90%. Draco Meteor does around 45% (252 HP / 168 sp def Impish).
Gliscor - OHKOed
Gyarados (Mega) - OHKOed
Heracross (Mega) - OHKOed
Latias (Mega) - OHKOed
Lopunny (Mega) - OHKOed
Mamoswine - OHKOed
Manectric (Mega) - OHKOed
Medicham (Mega) - OHKOed
Rotom-W - OHKOed
Slowbro and Slowbro - OHKOed
Terrakion - OHKOed

A- Rank

Aerodactyl - OHKOed
Diggersby - OHKOed
Jirachi - Walls Dragalge hard.
Kyurem-B - OHKOed
Magnezone - OHKOed by Focus Blast and 2HKOed by Draco Meteor.
Manaphy - OHKOed
Politoed - OHKOed if Phys def, 2HKOed if Sp Def.
Sableye (Mega) - OHKOed
Sceptile (Mega) - OHKOed
Tyranitar - OHKOed by Focus Blast, 2HKOed by Draco Meteor even if it's max HP.
Tyranitar (Mega) - OHKOed by Focus Blast, 2HKOed by Meteor after SR damage.

Seems pretty scary to me.

Last edited:
It has like 40 base speed, checking Dragalge isn't hard. The point of Dragalge is it can use its good defenses and typing to switch in repeatedly and nuke something every single time. Here I'll fix it for you. This is how A- rank or below handles switching in on Dragalge.

S+

Mega Salamence - OHKOed
S

Charizard (Mega-X) - OHKOed
Greninja - OHKOed
Keldeo - OHKOed
Latios - OHKOed
A+ Rank

Azumarill - OHKOed
Bisharp - OHKOed (yes, by Draco Meteor)
Charizard (Mega-Y) - OHKOed
Clefable - OHKOed
Gallade (Mega) - OHKOed
Garchomp - OHKOed
Gardevoir (Mega) - OHKOed
Gengar - OHKOed
Heatran - Check although it loses if it comes in on Focus Blast or a Water move.
Landorus-T - OHKOed
Landorus - OHKOed
Latias - OHKOed
Metagross (Mega) - Takes over 60% from Draco Meteor but can force it out once.
Mew 2HKOed by Sludge Bomb, but it could feasibly Knock Off Specs and proceed to Recover stall.
Pinsir (Mega) - OHKOed
Scizor (Mega) Bulky Roost wins unless Scald burned but offensive SD is 2HKOed and can't really do much back.
Talonflame - OHKOed
Thundurus - OHKOed
Venusaur (Mega) - OHKOed

A Rank

Altaria (Mega) - OHKOed
Diancie (Mega) Scald and Focus Blast 2HKO (even non-mega) while Diancie can't OHKO back.
Dragonite - OHKOed
Excadrill - OHKOed by Scald / Focus Blast. Takes up to 88% from Draco Meteor.
Ferrothorn - Focus Blast does up to 90%. Draco Meteor does around 45% (252 HP / 168 sp def Impish).
Gliscor - OHKOed
Gyarados (Mega) - OHKOed
Heracross (Mega) - OHKOed
Latias (Mega) - OHKOed
Lopunny (Mega) - OHKOed
Mamoswine - OHKOed
Manectric (Mega) - OHKOed
Medicham (Mega) - OHKOed
Rotom-W - OHKOed
Slowbro and Slowbro - OHKOed
Terrakion - OHKOed

A- Rank

Aerodactyl - OHKOed
Diggersby - OHKOed
Jirachi - Walls Dragalge hard.
Kyurem-B - OHKOed
Magnezone - OHKOed by Focus Blast and 2HKOed by Draco Meteor.
Manaphy - OHKOed
Politoed - OHKOed if Phys def, 2HKOed if Sp Def.
Sableye (Mega) - OHKOed
Sceptile (Mega) - OHKOed
Tyranitar - OHKOed by Focus Blast, 2HKOed by Draco Meteor even if it's max HP.
Tyranitar (Mega) - OHKOed by Focus Blast, 2HKOed by Meteor after SR damage.

Seems pretty scary to me.
As much as I like Dragalge, I think one thing has to be considered. Drag has to be in in-order to present such a threat to them. If the enemy mon is already in, or double switched into Drag, it loses a lot of these match-ups. Drag isn't easily checked, but at the same time it can't check very much either, and it is very easily revenged/forced out, which means unless he got a very important kill, Drag has a bit of a tendency to eat up momentum.

As much as I like Dragalge, I think one thing has to be considered. Drag has to be in in-order to present such a threat to them. If the enemy mon is already in, or double switched into Drag, it loses a lot of these match-ups. Drag isn't easily checked, but at the same time it can't check very much either, and it is very easily revenged/forced out, which means unless he got a very important kill, Drag has a bit of a tendency to eat up momentum.
Well it can switch in on a fair number of threats and has enough bulk to check a lot of things in a pinch but yeah, I don't see this thing being an OU mon by any means.

CTRL + F Klefki it walls both of Dragalge's STABs, though it will need a special spread to take Scald or Focus Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)